A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kristal Meth
Kendall
Chuck
7 posters

Elle's characters (old)

Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Elle's characters (old) Empty Elle's characters (old)

Post by Chuck 3/13/2010, 10:30 pm

I am writing a fan-fic with Liane as the main character.

Name: Liane Rowly
    Eyes: Gray
    Hair: Blonde just above her shoulders
    Height: 5'1" {short}
    Body Type: Lean, fit
    Skin Color: Paler than average, but doesn't burn.
    God Parent: Apollo
    Mortal Parent: Cathrine Rowly
    Country of Origin: Born in the US, raised in England. {complicated}
    Pets: Pyrausta - mythological insect-sized dragon from Cyprus. It resembles a four-legged insect with filmy wings and a dragon's head. It lived in the fire like a salamander and died if it went away from the fire. {it has a name, but I temporarily forgot it I will put it up when I remember}
    Talents: Perfect aim with a bow
    Skills: A good listener and friend
    Weapon: Bow & Arrow
    Flaws: cannot sword fight, emotional {which is not necessarily a bad thing}, has trouble forgiving, she was a little over-protected by her mom so she can't handle some of the horrible facts, highly dependent of her friends
    Powers: She has the most energy when the sun rises, music has small healing effects on her, her Pyrausta can live for a few minutes while on her skin because she radiates similar to the sun
    Life Before CHB: {Excuse me if this is incredibly long, but I am writing her a story. This is where she meets her dad for the first time since she was four, and how she gets to Camp Half-Blood}

I’ve always been a morning person.

I don’t know why the rising sun gives me energy, but 5 am is the best part of my day. I was sitting on the porch, watching the orange sun peak over the horizon. With a notebook in hand, I waited for inspiration.

During normal daytime hours, I was an average ADHD kid. I can never sit still or pay attention during classes—most of which wouldn’t make sense anyway—but for some reason, I can think deeply during the very first hours of the day.

Morning
    Bright, warm, energizing
    Begin, soak, feel
    Gives me energy
    The Sun

We lived in a small, two-bedroom home in southern England. I was born in the US but my mom and I moved here when I was about four, about the same time I last saw my dad.

I hardly noticed when my mom sat next to me, gazing longingly at the sun.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” She said with a hint of sorrow. I looked up at her. Her hair was a mess and she was still wearing her orange pajamas and T-shirt. She had baggy eyes with tears and a sad smile on her lips. I could tell she had just gotten out of bed to talk to me.

“You’re just like your father, have I told you that before?” I was shocked she was talking about him. I hadn’t seen him since I was very young, and every time I mentioned my father, she would start tearing up and change the subject.

“He was a morning person, too,” she said, looking at the horizon. “He loved poetry, and he really loved you and me. I hope you understand that he truly loved us.”

“Then why did he leave?”

“It’s complicated,” I really wanted to know more, but she was closing up and I understood why it was a touchy subject. “Let’s go inside,” she said after and uncomfortable silence.

I followed her inside and sitting on the table was a bouquet of yellow flowers, my favorite color.

“Happy birthday, Liane,” she smiled, holding a small, brightly colored box.

I ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

“Thanks Mom!” I whispered to her, right before letting her go.

“You haven’t even opened your present yet!” she put the box in my hands. As I unwrapped it she said, “I know its not much but…”

“It’s perfect!” I exclaimed when I pulled out a bracelet with little yellow daisies around it. “You didn’t have to get up this early to give it to me, Mom,” I told her suddenly realizing that this hour of the day was way too early for her.

“I know,” She said with a smile. “But I knew this is the best time of day for you. I wanted it to be extra special, Liane.”
    I gave her another hug. “You’re the best!”

“Honey, it’s almost six,” she said, looking at the clock. “You’d better get ready for school.”

My mom made me take early morning classes so I would have something to focus on when I have the ability to concentrate. I went into my room to get dressed, and when I got back to the kitchen, my mom had made me some eggs, sunny-side up. After eating, I found my mom fully dressed and waiting for me.

“My class doesn’t start for another half-hour,” I said, looking at her with question.

“Change of plans,” she said, although I had a feeling she had been planning this for a while. “Go pack a bag and meet me out in the car. I’m taking you somewhere… special.”

I took only a few things. I packed a few changes of clothes, a notebook with my favorite songs in it, and my favorite purple pen. I met my mom in our small, beat-up old truck, with my duffel bag.

“Where are we going?” I asked suspiciously.

“You’ll see.”

It was only a few minutes before we pulled over at a small park. The only other car here was a bright red Maserati, which I thought was a bit strange. There was a man standing next to it, looking around as if he was looking for someone. I quickly realized it was us when he looked our way.

“Liane,” My mother said quietly. “That man is your father.”

Several things ran through my mind. How could my mom tell from that far away? Even if that were my dad, why wouldn’t he help us out a little if he was financially set? I looked up at my mom questioningly.

“He has to take you the rest of the way to camp,”

“Wait, ‘camp’?” I asked. “What is this all about?”

“You’ll see,” she answered, knowing something I didn’t. “Just go with him and listen to him, please.”

I walked toward him reluctantly.

“Dad?” I asked hesitantly.

“Oh Liane,” he said, smiling, “you’ve grown so much since I last came to see you.”

“Please don’t fool around,” my mom had followed my without me realizing. “Explain to her, and get her there safely.” My mom turned to me. “Liane, I want you to go with him. Be patient and listen to him. Trust him, please.”

As she went back to her car, I had a strange feeling I wouldn’t be seeing her for a while.

“Look how much you’ve grown!” He said enthusiastically. “You’ve got to be old enough to drive! You wanna take it for a spin?”

“Are you joking?” I shook my head in astonishment. “I’m only fourteen and you want me to drive your sports car? Heck no!”

“Oh well, your loss.” He jumped in the driver seat and turned the ignition. “Come on, get in! We talk on the way there.”
    I was hesitant.

“Trust me,” He said playfully. “Just get in sometime today please.”
    I hopped in the passenger seat reluctantly.

“I have a ton to tell you.” He started driving. “You know about the Greed Gods and Goddesses, right?”

“Yeah, and what do they have to do with anything?” I said, wondering where the heck he was going with this. “But that’s all ancient mythology.”
    He looked a quite offended. “Well you little…” He regained control of himself. “Well you know how the Gods would sometimes have demigod children with mortals, right?”

“Sure, supposing they were real.”

“Well, Liane,” He looked very upset with me. “You just happen to be a demigod.”

I looked at him with alarm. “WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME!” I didn’t want to believe him, but I took a deep breath. “Supposing you’re telling me the truth, that would make you…”

“A god,” He said matter-of-factly, “Apollo to e exact.” He roared the engine and next thing I knew we were miles above Europe.

“WHAT KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU ON!” I screamed, soon realizing that I was more likely the one hallucinating.

“No drugs,” Apollo said. “Just the best sun chariot yet! Haha!” He put on some sunglasses and handed me a pair. I put them on, realizing it was actually bright up there. He turned on the radio as we flew across the sky. Cake is an awesome band… and dessert.

After I calmed down a bit, I asked him, “So the whole Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Hermes, Athena, Olympus nonsense is true?”

Thunder rolled the sky.

“I would avoid offending Zeus if I were you,” Apollo warned. “He’s already ticked off at your ‘That’s all ancient mythology’ comment.” He looked at me sternly.

“Or any of the Gods for that matter. Try to stay on their good side, please.”

"Okay," I said defensively, "I'm sorry, alright?" We sat in silence for a few minutes, flying over the Atlantic Ocean. "So what about Mt. Olympus, is it still there?"

"Not where it used to be," Apollo said. "Ever since people have been moving towards the US, the Gods have been moving too. Mt. Olympus happens to be floating high above the empire state building. A bunch of other important places have moved as well. We generally like to refer to this as 'Wester Civilization.' We're almost at our destination, buckle up."

I had no idea what he meant by "buckle up" but I could see the continental US ahead of us. After a few minutes, we landed in a small clearing on Long Island.

"Kids who are half god
    Need to train to be heroes
    But I might help out"

"Wow. I didn't know the God of poetry could make up such a bad Haiku." I said, looking at him and trying not to laugh.

"Hey! That's not nice!" He retorted. "Anyways, Chiron has made arrangements for you, so make yourself comfortable." With that, my father, Apollo, was gone.

I stood wondering what had just happened in the last several hours, when someone walked up to me. I looked up hand had to do a double take. I saw the top half of a middle-aged man, but the bottom half of a horse.

"Hello, my name is Chiron," He said, "Welcome to camp half-blood, Liane Rowly.”

RP Example: {Here's the part of Liane's story. By the way, this is the fist time she's ever touched a bow. Jace (my friend's character) is showing her around.}

Chiron showed me the basics of the bow and demonstrated a shot for me. I've never touched a bow in my life, but as soon as Chiron placed it in my hands, it felt like it was supposed to be there. He walked me through the steps and I looked down the shaft. I focused on the target 20 yards away. I breathed, then released. My eyes widened. Jace looked at me with amazement, which turned to jealousy. I hat hit the very center of the target. I looked over to Jace. She must have shot at least two or three arrows by the time I had shot one. There were no arrows in her target. For however long she had trained here, Jace was terrible at archery. I felt bad because I had been perfect on my first try.

Chiron looked at me approvingly and I practiced a bit more. He left to help others for a while, but when he came back to me, he seemed impressed by how many arrows I had managed to squeeze in the bulls-eye space. After I had determined there were no more spots, I ringed the outer edge of the target with arrows.

{I'll skip to a later scene}

I walked up to the nervous boy. He was strongly built and even looked like he could beat Jace in a fight. He appeared to not trust me and jumped when I put my hand toward him. I touched his arm and the next thing I knew, I was pinned to the ground. I was weaponless and he looked extremely insecure, yet powerful.

"It's okay," I tried to say, but realized he didn't speak English.

Chiron said something I didn't understand at first, but soon realized it was Greek for, "She's a friend." It was strange, realizing I understood Ancient Greek.

{This isn't the best example of role-play, but it's all I have for now. I believe role-playing should be in third person, so most of my stuff on here will be unless otherwise told. Also, when role-playing, I will not power-play, but when writing a story, I have to control all the characters.}

Any notes about your character: I am writing her a fan fic which may or may not end up here.

Last edited by Elleon on 12/31/2012, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Elle's characters (old) Empty Re: Elle's characters (old)

Post by Kendall 3/13/2010, 10:32 pm

Er, wow.

What is Pyaustra?

And no healing, sorry.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 3/13/2010, 10:34 pm

Yes I know it's long and I might be able to summarize. A Pyrausta is a small dragon-insect hybrid. She doesn't have to have healing powers either.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/13/2010, 10:35 pm

Alright.

APPROVED.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty Ker Inumin Mohen - Son of Ares

Post by Chuck 6/5/2010, 4:16 pm

Name: Ker Inumin Mohen
    Eyes: Earthy Brown
    Hair: Dark brown, almost black, messy about 1" in length
    Height: 4'11", will grow much taller
    Body Type: A warrior's build
    Skin Color: darkened by the sun (Islander)
    God Parent: Ares
    Mortal Parent: Lacrith
    Country of Origin: unknown
    Talents/skills: fighting, surviving, can hide his emotions, avoid conflict, not weak, loyal, people are drawn to him, always battle ready, can be very loyal
    Weapon: any, but usually prefers swords and knives
    Flaws: slightly snobbish, quick to judge, holds grudges, a little over-protective
    Powers(must relate to god parent): none

Life Before CHB:
    Everyone close to him has died. Many want to assassinate him. Even though he hides his fear, Ker has nearly no hope left. His many wounds make him weak and the constant torture weakens him further. He has many attempts on his life and beleives his father is Inumin before Ares saves him and takes him to CHB.

RP Example:
    The group looks to me. I quickly size them up, and see that they are doing the same to me. There are three girls and three boys, all older and bigger than me. One of them speaks, but I don't understand.
    The group rounds on me menacingly. I tighten my grip on my daggers.
    The boy in front looks cocky, with his arms crossed. If it comes to a fight, he will be sorry. He is the one talking. Since I don't reply, they are getting angered.
    I shift into a more stable stance, feeling the moment of attack nearing.
    Then all six of the group have weapons out. I jump at the leader before they can circle me, but the rest are already attacking. I block and parry and fight and defend, but there are just too many of them, and my body is too weakened. It doesn't take long for one of the girls to grab my wrist, twist it up behind my back, and shove me to the ground. I cry out in pain, feeling every cut along my body ripping open at the impact. I am dizzy with pain.

Any notes about your character: Ker knows hardly any English (Liane is helping him with that).

Last edited by Elleon 10e on 6/5/2010, 4:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2010, 4:18 pm

Did you make up the island Lyrith?

His power isn't a power.

(And why is Ares's name Mohen?)
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 6/5/2010, 4:23 pm

Yes. Well my sister did.

I can remove it. I just thought I'd give it a go. ;)

In his country, they have a religion almost identical to Greek/Roman and Mohen is the equivalent to Ares. Like he has a different name. (Ares and Mars, Hades and Pluto.. etc.)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2010, 4:24 pm

Mhm.... We prefer real place. Sorry.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 6/5/2010, 4:26 pm

Edited. Does that work?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2010, 4:31 pm

What about your notes?
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 6/5/2010, 4:34 pm

Edited. We don't need to know that, but it is important to me that he hardly speaks any English.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2010, 4:39 pm

Approved.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty Marcus Hale - Son of Apollo

Post by Chuck 6/5/2010, 7:28 pm

Name: Marcus Hale
    Eyes: chocolate
    Hair: strawberry blonde
    Height: 5' 9"
    Body Type: kinda skinny and somewhat lean, has some muscle on his arms from shooting arrows
    Skin Color: tan
    God Parent: Apollo
    Mortal Parent: Trisha Hale
    Country of Origin: US
    Pets: none
    Talents/skills: archery, writing cheesy poems and songs, acoustic guitar
    Weapon: bow and arrows
    Flaws: klutz, his cheesy poems, can't seem to think before speaking, sings cheesy love songs, lazy
    Powers: none, really

Life Before CHB:
    He lived in LA and didn't do so well in school. His average was a C- and always failed his English classes. If he had used enough energy to take band, it would be the only class he got an A in, but he didn't want to have to choose an instrument. The lazy bum did, however, learn to play and owns his own acoustic guitar and had written several of his own cheesy love songs. His life was relatively normal for a demigod.

RP Example:
    I sat on the bench with my guitar. I strummed a few chords and began to think up lyrics.
    Sitting on this bench
    I'm writing a song
    It's for the one I love
    It won't be long
    before I see her
    and sing this song
    I was thinking of Jace. I didn't want anyone to know my feelings for her. She seemed like she hated me, but gets embarrassed every time I show my affection. I just don't understand girls…

Any notes about your character: nope
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2010, 7:32 pm

Approved.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty Tori Strong - Daughter of Athena

Post by Chuck 6/6/2010, 5:49 pm

Name: Tori Strong
    Eyes: Gray, likes to wear deep blue colored contacts
    Hair: Blonde just-above-shoulder-length with a cyan colored streak.
    Height: 5' 8"
    Body Type: Lean and strong. Very stable
    Skin Color: cream-colored
    God Parent: Athena
    Mortal Parent: Dustin Strong
    Country of Origin: US
    Pets: A black cat with white "mittens". His name is shadow
    Talents/skills: Smart, fast, agile, can predict opponent's moves, always has a plan, organized
    Weapon(s): slim, twin swords that are curved slightly at the tips
    Flaws: cocky, slightly self-absorbed, know-it-all, doesn't like to be proved wrong
    Powers: none, really
    Life Before CHB:
    She was always the person you expected to prove you wrong. She did extremely well in school in every class except for English. No one seemed to understand that this insanely smart girl had dyslexia. Her father and loving step-mother had to fight with the school board to get her into remedial reading classes. Some teachers didn't even want her because of her disabilities.

RP Example:
    I took out my swords, Shui and Huo, and began swinging them around. It felt great to hold them again. I never put all my power into any one swing, but each strike was consecutive. The practicing made my blood rush throughout my body. The swords felt completely like an extension of my arms. It was such a natural feeling. I knew that I was ready for anything.
    Any notes about your characters: nope
    Kristal Meth
    Kristal Meth
    Retired Admin
    The Dancing Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 5726

Post by Kristal Meth 6/6/2010, 6:04 pm

approved
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty EmmaLee Kay Sykes

Post by Chuck 6/12/2010, 7:21 pm

Name: EmmaLee Kay Sykes
    Eyes: green
    Hair: black
    Height: 4' 11"
    Body Type: small, petite
    Skin Color: pale
    God Parent: Isis
    Mortal Parent: Kenny Sykes
    Country of Origin: Canada
    Pets: a lioness named Rylee
    Talents/skills: can read Egyptian (mostly for spells), speaks a little French, loyal, respectful
    Weapon: A magic ring that acts as a reservoir for her magical powers. If she were to lose it, her magical ability would be greatly reduced.
    Flaws: Very reserved and shy, not very talkative, doesn't like to use offensive spells very much, she doesn't deal with strangers very well
    Powers: Basic spells: 30x a day without the use of advanced magic. She usually has most of these memorized and doesn't need to read them. Examples of basic spells: starting someone's sleeves on fire, water spout the power of a water gun, etc. Advanced spells: must wait 10 minutes after each advanced spell and after 5 advanced spells, all magic is depleted for 12 hours (including basic). All of her spells are nature-oriented. She needs spell books to perform advanced spells and if she uses all of her magical reserve, she is likely to pass out,. She normally doesn't use too many spells.
    Life Before CHB: EmmaLee has always been a very quiet girl. She only had a few friends, but they were some of the best friends one could have. She mostly spent her time reading, even though English was hard to understand. When she got so fed up with the English alphabet not making any more sense, EmmaLee picked up writing. She found it very easy to use Egyptian, and her dad loved that she had the natural talent for it. He had been to Egypt many times due to his job and taken her twice. She had felt so at home on these trips and loved reading the hieroglyphics.
    RP Example: I was just sitting on a bench reading and minding my own business when a boy approached me.
    "Hi," He said. I hoped he wasn't actually wanting to talk to me.
    "Hello?" He said again.
    Great, I thought, he does want to talk to me. I looked up slowly, but never reached his eyes.
    "H-hi.." I said nervously.
    "Hi," the boy replied, "What's your name?"
    "EmmaLee," I said softly
    "I like that name," He said, sitting down next to me.
    It almost killed me not to run away, but it would be rude if I did.
    "So how are you doing?" He asked me.
    I wanted to scream, "horrible because you are talking to me," but my shyness took over. "Okay, I guess," was my reluctant reply.
    "Oh," he said, looking down. He looked at my book. "What is that?" the boy asked.
    "Spells," I replied, wishing he would just leave.
    "Is that Egyptian?" He sounded shocked.
    "Yeah," I said, still in a soft voice.
    "Cool," he said, impressed. "Well I've gotta go now, so see you around!" He left me alone, finally.
    I was glad to be reading again, actually memorizing some more spells for future use. It was another talent I had.
    Notes: She doesn't like interacting with other people very much. She would much rather watch other people interact while she stayed in the shadows than have tons of friends herself.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/12/2010, 7:24 pm

Most powerful spell?
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 6/12/2010, 7:27 pm

Probably levitating objects, including herself. maximum of a ton. She also has to be chanting the whole time. Most of the spells she knows aren't on the offensive side, either.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/12/2010, 7:32 pm

Approved.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty Carter

Post by Chuck 8/2/2010, 12:31 am

Sorry, it's kinda long... I got started and just couldn't stop.

Name: Prince Carter
    Birthday: April 16th 1578
    Eyes: purple
    Hair: Black and messy
    Height: 4' 1'
    Body Type: skinny, un-built (he is only ten…)
    Skin Color: pale
    God Parent: unclaimed (Hypnos)
    Mortal Parent: Queen Lyssandra
    Country of Origin: Wales
    Pets: A black and white horse named Marshmallow and a fruit bat named vampire
    Talents: horseback riding, violin, acting out
    Skills: running, fencing, enjoying his own company
    Weapon: A knife that turns into a ruby ring.
    Flaws: kind of prissy, stubborn, runs away, his mind often wanders, always seems a little drowzy
    Powers: Can put animals (including humans) to sleep 10 times a day for 5-15 mins. It depends on the size/intelligence of the creature. He has to touch humans, but simply point at an animal within 30 feet. (can't use it on a particular creature more than once a day)
    He can also wake anything from sleep 15 times a day by touching it.
    His hidden power is that he can put himself to sleep for eternity and he won't age or show how long he has slept at all. It's very hard to wake him from this slumber, making it a very dangerous power because he can get killed in this state.
    Life Before CHB:
    BANG!
    The huge harpy eagle shattered the giant stained glass window above the main hall in the palace.

The young boy thought he was a normal prince with two parents of royal blood. Turns out he had been lied to all ten years of his existence on Earth.

The prince ran for his life through the palace gardens while a large, black shape loomed overhead. He dove into a thorny rose bush to hide from the monster. The boy held his legs close to his chest, shaking with fear. He felt pricks of pain on exposed parts of his body from the thorns. He almost cried out, but instead bit his lips, trying not to be noticed. The prince watched the bird looming overhead, hunting for it's prey. The taste of blood singed the young boy's tongue. He was biting too hard, but any less and he knew he would make a sound. A snake slithered next to the boy.

All these dangers and the boy didn't have anything to defend himself with. That he knew of.

A strange instinct took over. "Little snake," he whispered warily, "sleep."

The long shape stopped it's motion towards the prince and started coiling up. Soon it was in a deep sleep.

The prince looked at the creature in amassment. He made it go to sleep. The boy didn't understand this power and he was scared.

It was the day he had found out. His mother and father had been talking, while the young boy eavesdropped outside their door.

~*~

"Haven't you noticed?" the king was talking. "Every day he looks more and more different than me."

"That's not true!" The queen's voice insisted.

"Yes it is! He has always looked a bit like you, but he's not a thing like me! And his eyes, you must be noticing! They were dark brown like mine when he was born, but every day now the seem more… purple."

"But isn't that just a royal color? It must show his blood…"

"That is true, but it's not normal… That's not the point! He doesn't seem like my son. not at all!"

"Why wouldn't he be?"

"I don't know… I know Travis and Zac are my sons, but is Carter?"

The queen was quiet.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" The king asked.

She didn't answer for a minute. "… Yes. But please, know this. I thought he was your son. I really did. But same as you, I started to notice the differences…"

"Tell me…" the king said darkly.

"You had fallen asleep that night," the queen began," And I couldn't follow in your footsteps, so I went out for a walk. I met a man out there that night."

"Who?" The king demanded.

"Quiet," the queen insisted. "I could not see his face. He somehow hypnotized me and brought me to a place I did not recognize. Somehow, he induced my slumber."

"WHAT?!?" The king was outraged.

"I was not trying to be unfaithful!" the queen defended, "And I did not think that I had conceived that night!"

"But you had?"

"It is possibly that Carter is not your son." The queen's voice quivered. "Please forgive me, the man somehow put me in a trance! Do not punish me, please!"

~*~

The young prince had run away that day and found himself in the mercy of the king's pet harpy eagle. Carter's wandering mind focused back on the huge bird. It was a protector of the palace, but it only listened to the king and sometimes to Travis. It didn't like Carter at all so it wanted the young prince dead.

Carter remembered the snake. He looked down and noticed that is was still sleeping next to him. The slumbering snake made him want to try something.

Carter stood up. "Harpy Eagle!" he called and it turned to him. "Sleep."

The enormous bird flew to a nearby tree and landed on it. It tucked it's head into it's wings and Carter knew it was asleep.

The young prince ran.

He ran as far as he could away from the palace. Tears filled the young boy's eyes while he thought about what he had heard. The king was not his real father, but who was?

Carter found a hidden place that he knew no one would find him. Not for hundreds of years! He curled up into a ball and started to cry. He told himself to sleep and he did, but he didn't realize how long it would take to wake up.

~*~

Phil sniffed the air. The satyr knew there was a half-blood near, but he couldn't find them. "Where is this kid?" Then he noticed someone, sleeping inside a cavern. A boy who looked worn out, but still young was curled up in there.

"Hello there," Phil said, nudging the boy.

No movement.

"Hello?" he said a little louder, now shaking the boy a little.

He still didn't move.

Phil didn't know what happened to the boy. He was alive, that was sure, but Phil didn't understand why the boy wasn't waking up.

"Come on!" he said louder, lifting the boy up.

Not a sound came from the boy.

"Oh gods, how will I wake him?" The satyr wondered. Phil got an idea and pulled out some reed pipes. An interesting tune emerged.

The boy stirred.

Phil continued playing.

The boy's eyes fluttered open. "You… found me," He started to cry.

Phil held him up. "You're okay," He reassured.

The boy looked at him and he stopped crying a bit.

"That's better," said Phil, "Now, tell me, what is your name?" he asked patiently.

The boy hesitated. "Carter," he said slowly. "Prince Carter."

"Oh," Phil said, playing along, "A prince, huh?"

"Well," Carter said, stunned. "Of course I'm a prince, but… I ran away. Please don't tell daddy!"

Phil laughed a little. "I won't tell your father. Who is he?"

"He…" Carter seemed hesitant. "He's the king." The boy didn't seem so sure about his answer."

"Are you sure?"

Carter began to cry.

"Okay," Phil backed up a bit. "Just come with me, okay?" He held out his hand.

Carter shook his head.

"Please?" Phil asked. "I want to take you somewhere."

"Why would I follow you?"

"Carter, please," the satyr was growing impatient. "You aren't safe here anymore."

"I want to go back!" Carter screamed. "Let me go home!"

A large black figure jumped at Carter.

"Gah!" he yelped.

"Get off him!" Phil yelled as tackled the hellhound. They began to wrestle.

Carter stood up and pointed at the beast. "Sleep!" he commanded it.

The large dog got off of Phil and curled up on the ground. Carter just watched it sleep.

Carter gave Phil a confused look. "What is that?"

"A hellhound," Phil said, "I told you you aren't safe here! Now come with me!"

"Where are we going?"

"Camp Half-Blood."

RP Example:

Carter walked over Half-Blood Hill, pondering all that he had seen. The world had changed a lot while he was gone. His parents were no longer living at the palace. Everyone was wearing funny clothes and talked differently now. He had no idea how long he had been asleep, but it had been August 24th, 1588 when Carter ran from home. It was a different world now.

Phil had taken him though the country and onto a boat, larger than any other Carter had seen. It wasn't made of wood either, Which Carter thought was strange, it was made of steel. The steel boat sailed for a long time over salty-smelling waters.

They went to a place Phil called "New York." Carter had heard about the village called York, but "New York" was foreign to him. They passed huge structures called skyscrapers, all the roads were black and there were a lot of strangely dressed people. Too many for Carter to count. They paid him no attention to him and Carter didn't like it.

"Why doesn't anyone say anything?" Carter whined to Phil as they were going through the streets of Manhattan. "None of them even look at me!"

Phil sighed. "This is New York. Everyone has their own destination. No one greets each other anymore."

"I've been wondering, how long was I asleep? It seemed like only one night."

Phil thought for a minute. "What was the date yesterday then?"

"The 24th of August, 1588."

"Oh Gods," said Phil, who was startled. "You've been asleep for over 400 years!"

Carter also told Phil about his parent's not knowing who his real father was. He asked Phil who his father really was, but Phil didn't know either. Carter was frustrated.

~*~

Carter shook himself back to the present.

"Okay, I've taken you this far, come with me to meet someone. He'll explain things better than I have."

Carter followed him to a large house. It wasn't as big or majestic as Carter's own palace, but it was still quite large. They entered to see an older man in a wheelchair.

"New recruit?" The man asked.

Phil nodded. "A little storage, but yes."

Carter humphed, offended.

"What is your name?" The man asked.

"Why should I tell you? You haven't told me yours!"

"We'll get to that later. Can you please tell me who you are, little boy."

Carter humphed again. "I'm not so little as you think!"

"Okay, young man. I would like to know your name."

"Prince Carter."

"Nice to meet you Prince Carter!" The patient old man said.

Carter turned his head away. "Tell me what's going on."

"Don't worry," the old man said, "I am."

Carter turned to him, now curious.

"This is called Camp Half Blood. Which means you are a half-blood."

"Half what?"

"Half god."

"That doesn't make any sense."

The old man thought for a moment. "Have you heard of the Greeks?"

"That guy told me." He pointed to Phil.

"Good. Well the Greeks had many gods, you know that don't you?"

"Of course."

"Most of them had a habit of coming to Earth and… would fall in love. The products of these human-god relationships were you kids. Demigods."

"This is confusing." The young boy closed his eyes and rubbed his head. He looked up at the old man again. "Do you know who my dad is then?"

"I'm sorry, I do not. Sometimes the gods forget about their children or have no knowledge of their existence."

Carter started to cry. "He disowned me... Both of them did..." he was thinking about the King.

Phil put his arms around the boy. "It's okay. I know he'll come for you…"

"Carter," The man asks. "Would you like to see my true form?"

Carter nodded.

The man stepped out of the strange wheelchair and his legs were much larger than they looked. Carter saw that he did not have two legs. Instead he had four horse legs. "I am a centaur," he announced. "And my name is Chiron."

Carter smiled. It was so magical.
    notes: He obviously doesn't know very many modern terms, but he does understand English and some French. He's unclaimed for now, but eventually he'll probably get noticed because of his powers.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2010, 10:20 am

Can the humans/animals resist sleeping?
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Post by Chuck 8/2/2010, 12:10 pm

Sure. As long as they are aware of what he's trying to do. (Carter would probably get frustrated about it)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2010, 12:11 pm

Mhm.

Approved.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female

Elle's characters (old) Empty Kimmi Fletcher

Post by Chuck 8/14/2010, 5:46 pm

Name: Kimmi Fletcher
    Eyes: Dark blue, almost violet
    Hair: red and curly
    Height: 5' 10"
    Body Type: hourglass shape, slender form
    Skin Color: a little pink
    God Parent: Achelous
    Mortal Parent: Mary Fletcher (blood), Mike Fletcher (adoptive/step)
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: none
    Talents: singing, tennis, volleyball, soccer
    Skills: packing light, enduring pain, straightforward
    Weapon: bow & arrow (turns into a necklace)
    Flaws: blunt, doesn't like stubborn/prissy people, often seems rude, little sympathy, slightly selfish
    Powers: water bending-like techniques (control up to 10 gallons of fresh water remotely with hand motions; water source must be within 15 feet) Also can breath underwater.

Life Before CHB:
    Kimmi wished her life was normal. She wished monsters wouldn't come after her so much. She wished her mom was still alive. She wished her and her step-dad didn't have to travel so much. A small part of her even wished she knew her real dad.

Thinking of these things made Kimmi sigh. Her thoughts focused back on the teenage magazine she had been reading. She sighed again, not able to focus on the article she was trying to read. Her mind was wandering and having dyslexia didn't help. Kimmi looked at Mike next to her.

Mike was Kimmi's step-dad ever since she was three years old. He acted like an awesome father for Kimmi. She loved him and treated him like she would her real dad. He had even adopted Kimmi. Mike was the only person in the world she really trusted. Even if her real dad was still out there, Kimmi didn't mind that she didn't know him.

"Kimmi," Mike said slowly.

Kimmi realized she had been staring at him. "Oh, sorry." She pretended to read her magazine again.

"Is there something on your mind?" Mike asked, looking at her with concern.

Kimmi sighed and told him, "No, I'm okay, Dad."

Mike smiled and turned back to his work. He was a freelance author so it made move a little easier because they traveled a lot since Kimmi's mother died. She remembered it like it was yesterday.

~*~

They were just walking home after an evening out when it happened. Mom was laughing at one of Dad's jokes. Eight year-old Kimmi was skipping alongside them. None of them had any idea of what would happen next.

"No!" Kimmi's mom screamed, pushing her young daughter away.

By the time Kimmi turned around, it was too late. Mike was huddled over his bleeding wife. She whispered something to him just before her eyes closed and she was gone.

Kimmi saw the tears stream down her step-dad's face. She started to cry when she realized. Her mother was gone. Never to come back.

A large figure waited in the shadows.

"Dad," Kimmi said nervously. "There's something moving over there." She pointed towards the figure. It leaped toward them.

The creature had the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. It was the strangest thing Kimmi had seen in her life up to that point.

"Where did that thing come from?" Kimmi asked.

"Probably the zoo," Mike explained, trying not to look scared. "It's only a block or two away, but how could it have gotten out?"

Young Kimmi eye him strangely. It was unlike anything she had seen in any zoo.

"What..." Kimmi asked, "is that?"

Mike gave Kimmi a sideways glance. "You've seen one of those before. It's just a lion."

"No it's not!" Kimmi said as it leaped toward her. She rolled out of the way and yanked off her necklace. It shifted into a sleek bow. She fired a couple arrows at the beast and it fell over.

"What-" Mike started to say, but young Kimmi pulled him away.

"I don't know," Kimmi replied while they ran.

~*~

Kimmi was back in the airplane, sitting next to mike. She remembered all the places they had been. All the things they had done after her mother died.

Immediately they got on a plane and went to Phoenix. They settled down, got an apartment, Kimmi made some friends; they liked it there. But just 8 short months later, another monster attacked them. Kimmi's memory blurred after that. They had so many homes, so many bus rides, so many flights. She couldn't even remember all the states she had lived in. Everything was just jumbled in her mind.

Each time they moved was sooner than the last. Kimmi lost all sense of time. Sure she knew the date today, but forgot all the times she had moved. She remembered them, but they all meshed together in her memory.

Kimmi had only been in Ohio for four days before they were on the plane again headed to New York. They had given up on houses and apartments and relied on hotels. Mike's writing career let them travel, but it was still hard to adjust to new homes.

After about four moves, Kimmi gave up on friends. The only real friends she had were Mike and her ipod. She only had a cell phone in case they got separated somehow, but her number constantly changed so she never kept in touch with anyone.

Kimmi sighed and put her headphones in. Another long flight awaited.

RP Example:
    Kimmi stood in front of the fountain. She flicked her wrist and the water moved. She slowly pushed her hand back and forth and a small wave followed her motion. She lifted up her hand and a stream of water pulled up. She lowered her hand and it fell. Kimmi pulled upwards with both her hands and a water bubble came up from the water.

Someone touched Kimmi's shoulder. She lost her concentration and the bubble splashed on the ground. Her shoulders fell in disappointment.

Notes: She's a little Gothic.

Last edited by Elleon 10e on 8/15/2010, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 9:23 am