A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Outside Khione Cabin

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Outside Khione Cabin Empty Outside Khione Cabin

Post by zanematthews 3/16/2014, 1:13 pm

Mia strides into the cabin courtyard, wearing her usual attire, consisting of black jeans and sneakers, and a grey, unzipped hoodie over a blue corset top. She pushes up her black square rimmed glasses, a habit she usually does when she's nervous, and gently scratches the top of her white kitten's head.

"Behave, Snow. Don't be causing any trouble like you usually do." she says softly to her kitten. She looks around at the different cabins, trying to find the one she was told that she would be living in.

"Ugh! That Chiron guy could've been more specific about what cabin I need to find!" she yells out in frustration and lightly stamps her foot. Mia has a horrible sense of direction and will easily get lost. Her quick temper doesn't help either.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Outside Khione Cabin Empty Re: Outside Khione Cabin

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 3:16 pm

Sitting on her bunk like it was a throne, Lakisha was cleaning her weapon, Chrymos, now in dagger-modus (considering it could also turn into a bow and quiver.) She had cleaned the blade with a paper towel and was now applying a fine film of oil on it, making sure every inch was covered, before taking out a tiny lotion of Autosol for polishing. She was getting finished, about to grab the wax for the dark leather scabbard and handle, when a shout echoed right in the Cabin's courtyard. Curious as to who the person was -- seeing most cabins were having lessons now, Lakisha having sent her own to forge with the Apollo's -- she stood up in a swift motion, cleaning her hands in a nearby towel and stepped out of her cabin. She was wearing a stylized Versace blouse, all in arabesques of white, blue, green and black with a pair of white Valentino trousers and cornflower blue Fendi high heels. A Buccelati ring glistened on her finger, and matching earrings graced the lobes of her pointy ears. Lakisha's dark auburn hair was brushed back in a draped french braid, the thick, fair streaks falling down to the middle of her back like homogeneous velvet. She was wearing make-up, of course, a touch of nude gloss on her pale, thin lips with dark blue eyeliner that faded away in silver on her upper eyelids, drawing attention on her mismatched irises (one blue, one green), and of course, mascara.
    In the courtyard stood a girl, next to the Iris cabin. She had surprising white hair and a pair of square glasses. A hologram in the shape of a snow crystal was fading away over her head.
    Great, another half-sister.

"Hello?" she called and came forward, before stopping in front of the girl. "You are a daughter of Khione, obviously. I'm Lakisha Bellamy, the senior counselor of the cabin."

Her voice was frosty, and the way she had toned it, it sounded like she had rather said 'I'm Lady Lakisha, kneel before me' than anything else.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/16/2014, 3:30 pm

Mia jumped in surprise as she heard a voice nearby call out. As she turned to look for the source, she saw a girl with mismatched but gorgeous eyes headed her way. "Oh Gods, talk about beautiful.." she mutters under her breath just loud enough for only herself to hear.

"That's what they told me." she answered back, her voice carrying a carefree attitude. "I'm Mia Korrin and this is Snow." She said as she indicated towards the kitten. "Nice to meet you.. I'm guessing you're like, my half-sister or something?" I'm glad someone is nice enough to help out the new girl Mia thinks to herself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 4:45 pm

Only then did Lakisha notice the little cat that Mia was carrying in her hands. It was little and snow white, obvious reason for his name.

"You'd better keep an eye on him," she told Mia. "I have a pet too, Salomo and..." Just at that moment, she felt something hard, warm but somehow soft rub against her leg and looked down. A silvery-brown feline with pointed ears had paced up to her and was sliding silently against her. "Yeah, that's him. A eurasian lynx."

Indeed, Salomo was looking up at Snow with sudden interest, but Lakisha snapped her fingers to keep him away before gazing back at Mia. She looked younger than her, what was she, sixteen, seventeen? Her glasses drew attention to her eyes, and judging from their look, she could tell she was neither myopic nor long-sighted. Probably astigmatic, like Lakisha's father.

"Yes, I am your half-sister," she stated. "We're not a lot in the Khione cabin, unlike the Apollo or the Demeter one; you'll see the rest of the family at dinner. Right now, they are forging." She snapped her fingers again at her lynx who had crouched down as if to pounce, and the feline relaxed immediately, turning around to rub against her leg. "Come on. I'm going to show you the cabin."

With that, she turned around and her lynx followed her. She stalked past the Iris cabin, past the Nike cabin and a couple of other deities before stopping in front of a building that looked like a mountain chalet, all wooden with snow on the roof and window sills despite the hot weather. Icicles hung from the edges, ablaze with sunlight.
    Lakisha pushed the door open and entered the cabin. Immediately, she got a dopamine rush.
    The inside of the cabin was freezing. It felt like entering a fridge. Most demigods's skin would get goosebumps, but Lakisha being resistant to cold temperatures, it did not bother her in the slightest. Quite the contrary: she loved it.
    The bunk beds were pushed against the wall; they were painted in glacier white and were designed to look like solid snow, which wouldn't have been surprising, seeing the low temperature of the cabin. It came to the point where every evening, they had to brush the frost from the covers to get in.
    An ice statue representing Khione stood in the middle of the room, and there was a constant wind in the cabin, a wintry wind that would sometimes catch up snowflakes in its wakes and howl across the cabin for a couple of seconds before calming down, leaving a powder-fine layer of new snow on the cabin's floor.

"This is it," Lakisha stated, "welcome to the Khione cabin. This bunk bed is not occupied, and neither are those two over there. You can choose one."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/17/2014, 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/16/2014, 5:02 pm

"Snow's a girl, and don't worry, i'll make sure she doesn't get into trouble." she answers back as she zips up her hoodie and tucks Snow into it, letting her head pop out just over the zipper. Mia smiles down at her kitten then begins following Lakisha to the cabin. As they got close to the cabin, Mia's eyes widen in awe as she took in the sight of it. "It's...Amazing.." she as they walked up to the doorway. As they entered, the cold air hit Mia, and her body immediately relaxed. "Oh Gods, it feels good in here!" She lets out a happy sigh as they continue walking. "Umm..." She thinks for moment as she decides which bunk to take, her indecisiveness making it difficult. "I guess i'll choose this one. I don't really mind either way." She shrugs as she plops down onto her new bed, causing the snow on top to pop up and slowly fall back down. Mia smiles and holds her palm out. Concentrating, she wills the snow to gather in her palm before slowly closing her fist. She squeezes her hand, then opens her palm out, revealing a small, diamond shaped piece of ice. She smiles happily and squeezes her hand back around it, turning it back into snow and letting it fall back onto her bed. "I am definitely going to like it here.."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 5:40 pm

Lakisha saw the ice in Mia's hand and allowed a thin smile on her pale lips. She always liked to see her siblings train their powers, even if she did not have much affection for the large majority of them. She didn't hate them, no. They just did not interest her. Lakisha's universe was composed of herself, at the center, and the rest of the world gravitating around her like a cloud of tiny electrons. Only a careful selection were worthy of her attention in her eyes: her mortal family (essentially composed of her father and grandfather), Spencer, Jea, Sol and Cassiopeia. And Nigel, but that was more complicated.

"We all like it here, especially on scorching days like today," she said and stalked over to her bunk like a queen, sitting down on it. She took the wax stick in her hand and slowly brushed it onto the leather handle of her dagger, then unto the black leather scabbard, woven with two fine silver strings that met at the bottom of it in a silver point.
    It was her duty to make some conversation so she went on: "Where are you from?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/16/2014, 6:01 pm

Mia continued to play around with the snow and ice, repeatedly gathering it and form it into different shapes. She has always been pretty good at creating things out of ice, from an intricate art design, to the simplest of shapes, she did them with ease. Making things brought peace of mind to her, and she also loved doing it. "I'm from Kentucky.. I was born in the Hell that was Florida. Oh Gods, talk about hot.." She replied as she continued playing with the snow, this time concentrating hard as she begins forming a miniaturized, but just as detailed, statue of their mother. "What about you?" she asks without looking away from her project.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 6:08 pm

Once she had finished taking care of her weapon, Lakisha turned the dagger into a bow while the quiver materialized on her back, and started waxing the string with care, glancing from time to time at Mia. She must get tired from the constant ice creations, but didn't show it.

Kentucky.... Lakisha had never been there and was quite happy. As for Florida, she was sure she would melt instantly if she ever went there.

"I'm from Sweden," she slowly replied as Salomo jumped onto her bunk, next to her. "From Stockholm." She smiled a bit. "The temperature is not really a problem there." She finished waxing the string then took out a small bottle of varnish from her bag and started coating the wooden bow with it, applying it with cotton. "When did you arrive here? How much time ago?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/16/2014, 10:11 pm

"Hmm.. I've never been out of the country, let alone all the way to Sweden." Mia responds as she continues around with the ice. She gently takes her kitten out of her jacket and holds her out on her palms. She concentrates, then very slowly, the kitten begins transforming into a small pile of snow. She smiles down at was once her kitten and swirls her right index finger in circles above her left palm, creating a small snow tornado. She giggles quietly as she begins twisting the snow around in the tornado, creating different funny faces in the shape of her kitten's face. "Well, I got here about 12 hours ago. My best frie-" she cuts out as a memory passes through her mind, causing her face to be stricken with deep sadness. The memory of her best friend and satyr guardian was too painful after her death. Her tornado falters, but she returns her attention to it, trying to keep her mind occupied so the memories don't come back.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/17/2014, 2:11 pm

Lakisha finished applying lacquer on the wooden parts of her now-gleaming bow then looked up to see Mia turning her live kitten into snow, making weird faces appear on its face. She had never done this to Salomo, she was always too afraid she'd break the snow or ice statue and that her lynx would be dead.

She gazed at Mia when her voice broke down. Obviously, something had happened to that best friend. Lakisha's guess would be that he was dead, or close to. If he had been wounded, then Mia would have said it.

The older daughter of Khione let a long moment of silence pass, before saying: "I am sorry to hear that." Truthfully, there was nothing else to say, and her grandfather had always taught her to act like this if she encountered somebody who had lost a close one. The silence was respectful and was meant to show she understood the other person's pain (even if she didn't, most of the time), and the sentence had to be clearly articulated but said in a low voice to underline that effect.
    In fact, her grandfather had done a larger job of raising her than her father had done, despite the fact he saw her only a couple of weeks per year. On the other hand, her father was always on trips either to do lectures at high-ranked universities, go to meetings or pursue his job across the northern hemisphere. Her grandfather had always taken pride in the fact his mother was from the Jägerhorn af Spurila family, an old family of the Swedish nobility, and he had made it his duty to teach Lakisha iron-hard discipline, precise arguing and aristocratic manners. His raising ways were far more pitiless than her father's.
    When it had come to his realization that Lakisha had a light dyslexia, he had made her read four hours per day, without pause, until she had gotten it. She had hated him for that, but it had had satisfying results: Lakisha could read without problem now.

After having let another silence slide by, she had to switch to another conversation topic. Staying on that would only make Mia uneasy.

"You will start the training tomorrow. Today, you will simply have to get familiar to Camp, look at what it presents and try to remember where everything is. I've already made the schedule," she added and opened her notebook. "Tomorrow we have sword fighting with the Hypnos cabin, right after that pegasi riding with the Demeter cabin, and the afternoon we'll have racing with the nymphs and monster maiming."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/17/2014, 3:34 pm

Mia sat in the silence as she gathers the snow up together, forming it back into her pet. She gives a small smile down at Snow as she reaches down, gently scratching the top of her head. Her emotions tear at her inside. Part of her wants to kill something to relieve the sadness and anger, while the other just wants to break down and cry. She shakes her head, getting the sad thoughts out of her head before returning her attention back to her ice, but ends up giving up on concentrating and gently plays with Snow, running her fingers in front of her pet, making the kitten pounce on them.

"Sword fighting... Now that's something i could get into.." she replies with a smile. Her eyes light up with horror as Lakisha continues reading the schedule, "Oh no! Is there any way I can get out of the Pegasus riding? I'm...I'm afraid of heights..."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/18/2014, 5:09 am

Lakisha looked up with severity.

"Everybody is delighted at the prospect of sword fighting because it is 'cool' and you see it a lot in movies, but I can assure you that it won't be easy." It had taken her years and years of practice, both at Camp and in the fencing lessons she had had in Stockholm to master it, and she was still making progress. She pursed her lips as Mia asked to be exempt from pegasi riding. "I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to skive," she said in a calm voice but her tone indicated she would not negotiate. "If you have a fear, you must face it until it does not scare you anymore. But don't worry, you will be safe. It's not like you are going to fall off, you are bound to the saddle by straps around your legs.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/18/2014, 10:16 pm

"Oh no, no. Don't get me wrong. I like swordsmanship because my stepfather taught me, not because it's cool." She answered back. Her mind instantly filled with the memories of all the times her stepfather would take her into his own little dojo, that used to be the basement, and teach her all about form and technique. She gave a small but warm smile at the memories as she gently scratched Snow behind the ear. "I've never been good at facing my fears.." she said as he voice turned soft and quiet.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/19/2014, 7:39 am

"Your stepfather taught you?" Lakisha asked, raising a slanted eyebrow. "What type of sword do you have been fighting with?"

Modern sword fighting used katanas, a foil or a fencing saber. Lakisha knew it, because she had fenced both with foil and saber in Stockholm, but she knew that it was nothing compared to sword fighting here.

When Mia replied she was not good at facing fears, Lakisha smothered the sigh that was coming to her lips. Having been raised by somebody as severe and authoritative as her grandfather, she had picked up the same disregard for other's problems like fears or dyslexia just because she had been treated that way.

"Nobody is good at facing fears," she replied as Salomo curled up on her bed. "But you have to face them one day otherwise your enemies can use it against you."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/19/2014, 8:11 pm

"Yea, he taught me using wooden Katanas. That's really the only one i know how to use, but ever since, I've loved using swords." Mia replied with a smile. "He was only able to teach me the basics though, so i'm not really good yet." She smiled down at her kitten, her face showing a small hint of sadness. "His teachings are also why my usual weapon is a Katana.." she said as she held out her hand and concentrated, slowly forming a razor sharp, two and a half foot long Katana, made completely out of ice. Her face flashed with joy and pride at how good she was getting at creating things, then quickly shattered the ice, turning it into snow on her bed.

"When the time comes, i'm sure i could overcome my fears, but I usually still try to avoid them when I can.." Mia gave a half-hearted laugh as she gently stroked Snow from the top of her head to the base of her tail.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/20/2014, 5:33 am

"Wooden katanas?" Lakisha asked again, raising the other eyebrow for a second. "Well, here you will be fighting wit celestial bronze weapons, like this one." She turned her bow back into the well-kept long dagger to show her its gleaming, metallic-honey colored blade. "You will perhaps have a tough time getting used to the weight. And if I were you, I would not use ice weapons. They are sharp, but they break too easily, and you can't create them forever. Powers tire you, as I am sure you are aware of."
    After using her powers so many times in such a short time laps, Lakisha was sure she was at least weakened.

"Do you have a weapon already?" she asked Mia as Salomo put his head on her knees, starting to purr deeply.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/28/2014, 12:13 pm

"I prefer light-weight weapons, so maybe a bow.. The only reason i choose swords is because i've had practice and the ice i use to create it doesn't weigh very much." Mia responded back as she flexed her fingers and realized they were a little stiff. God, she's right. This stuff is tiring me out. she thought to herself as she continued to flex.

"No, I don't have an actual weapon, other than my ice." she replied as she shrugged and started forming the snow on her bed into a miniature snowman, without her powers. "Hmm... I wonder how well an ice arrow would work.." she thought aloud to no one in particular.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/29/2014, 11:43 am

"It would not work," Lakisha stated as Mia mused about ice arrows. "Ice is simply to heavy. It would not fly well and it would break very easily."

She flicked her dagger back into the bow, the quiver reappearing on her thigh and stroked the wood.

"We can find you a good bow though. We have a lot in the armory: compound bows, recurve bows, crossbows, longbows, even Mongolians", the tall Swedish continued, her mismatched eyes tracing the curve of her weapon. Salomo was purring next to her, eyeing Mia's kitten and swaying his tail nonchalantly.

A crust of ice had started to form on the floor of the cabin, probably because of all the snow and the low temperatures. It often happened, turning the cabin into a kind of ice skating area. Which reminded Lakisha that she had her own ice skating ring, just under the cabin, which she could access when she wanted. Only she had the code, because it was her room, and she had requisitioned it for herself. Once Hermes children picked the lock and emptied alcohol on the ice to make it melt. Lakisha was so furious that she had frostnipped their faces, feet and fingers. They could not walk and not touch anything for two days. It had been marvelous.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 4/2/2014, 12:08 am

"Hmm... maybe ice tipped..." she mumbled to herself before returning her attention back to Lakisha. "I think i'd prefer long bows. I prefer the old style way of shooting. Back when me and my step-dad had stayed in Alaska for a year, some of the locals there taught us how to use a bow and arrow, to hunt and for protection. And most of them carved their own bows." Mia continued to ramble on for a minute or two about how wonderful it was up in Alaska, as she laid face down on her bed and reached one hand over the edge, running her fingers over the now slick floor, wondering to herself if she could skate on it.

"Anyways, enough about weapons. What do you like to do for fun, Lakisha?" she asked with a friendly tone. She flipped over onto her back with her head dangling over the end, her snow white hair flowing down to about an inch off the ground, and her kitten curled up on Mia's stomach.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/4/2014, 10:24 am

Lakisha looked at her in a more present way. The only persons she discussed fun with were Spencer and Sol... But for Spencer, it was different. Their fun was quite... illegal. Nobody at Camp knew, and she didn't even tell Sol about it.
    As for Sol, it was mainly hunting together and enjoy the outdoor.

"I like being outside," Lakisha stated after a moment, her voice a bit colder. "I love winter sports of course. Snowboard, snow blades, skiing (alpine, cross-country and trekking) as well as ice skating. Both artistic and speed. Quite normal for a child of Khione." She stroked Salomo behind the ears. "And I love hunting too. Be it here, at Camp, or in the forests with my father and grand father."

She felt weird discussing what she liked with a stranger, but she had cut it short.
    Now she had to ask back, out of courtesy.

"What about you?" she politely said.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 4/4/2014, 11:44 pm

"Hmm.. I only like being outside on cold days. I hate the sun, or heat for that matter." Mia replied after she had finished. "As for fun, i love snowboarding. And of course, my ice art. Hmm... What else do I like?" She asked herself and kept quiet as she pondered for a moment. "I suppose climbing is pretty fun, like, cliff climbing, you know? I can think of any more, i'll let you know if more come to me." she finished with a slight giggle.

She suddenly flung her body up into an upright sitting position, sending her kitten flying onto the other end of her bed. "So! Tell me Lakisha. Do you have a boyfriend? I'm curious as to whether there are any cute boys here." She added a girlish giggle and gave Lakisha her full attention. She would never admit it, but she's a hopeless romantic. Hoping to one day find that miraculous true love everyone talks about. She loved talking about it with other people.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2014, 7:48 am

Lakisha nodded, listening to her out of politeness. She didn't have a lot of interest in other people safe for her father and grandfather, Spencer and Sol, having lost contact with the friends she had had at her school, and that applied to Mia too.
    Suddenly, the white-haired girl straightened up so suddenly her kitten was projected to the other end of her bed, on which it landed with a surprised meow.

"So! Tell me Lakisha. Do you have a boyfriend? I'm curious as to whether there are any cute boys here."

Now that was a bit too intimate in Lakisha's opinion. Sure, she had had one or two boyfriends, the last one having been Ethan, the son of Thanatos and thus Spencer's half-brother, but that had been quite some months ago. Not to mention her ambiguous relationship with Sol....

"No, I don't have any boyfriend," she cooly replied. "As for cute boys, many people think they are located in the Apollo cabin."

She said 'many people think' and not 'I think', implying she did not find Apollo guys very cute. In fact, she didn't look at boys at all, she felt too above others to do that. In addition, Jackson Delta (a son of Apollo), the ex-complicated-boyfriend of Cassiopeia (Lakisha's lieutenant in the Khione cabin) had taken advantage of the week where Cassie had accompanied Lakisha to Sweden for skiing to cheat on her with Esmeralda Belfiore, from the Aphrodite's. Lakisha despised Esmeralda. She was superficial, versatile, gossipy and hopelessly obsessed with fashion and stars. How could Cassiopeia have lost her heart to somebody who could be attracted to that type of girl, Lakisha had no idea. She was just happy it was over. Not to mention sun and snow were not exactly the best combination.

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 4/11/2014, 12:25 pm

"The Apollo cabin, huh?" Mia replied, thinking for a moment, causing her eyebrows to squinch together slightly. "I think i saw them on the way in. They didn't look all that cute or good-looking. And judging from what I've heard about them, They aren't my type." She giggled lightly as she picked her small kitten back up, gently scratching behind her ear.

"Sorry about the sudden personal question.." She said in an apologetic tone as she gazed down at Snow. "I've... I've never had much luck in that area. You know, boyfriends. Honestly, I can't remember even having one."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/12/2014, 10:34 am

Lakisha rose her slanted eyebrows, surprised.

"That's good," she replied, "seeing half the Aphrodite girls are crazy about them anyway. And seeing how jealous they are...it would be best not to get a curse from them on your first day."

She smiled frostily as Mia apologized. "Don't fret too much on that matter," she advised. "I had about three or four boyfriends in my life. It will come eventually. In the meantime... Do you want to ice skate?" She asked. She didn't invite many people to skate in her ice skating area, least of all new ones, but it felt like a good welcoming for Mia. "I have an ice skating area, under the cabin." She explained. "You know, counselor privileges."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 11:40 am