A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Salty brezze and Sandy hair

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Salty brezze and Sandy hair Empty Salty brezze and Sandy hair

Post by Marceline 4/11/2014, 11:46 pm

I walked out onto the sand with my bare feet, letting the sand seep between my toes. The air had the taste of salt from the water being sprayed off the curling waves. The sun was hidden by very few clouds and I had my towel in my hand.
    I placed it down and I sat on it. I lay down letting the sun shine down on my skin.
    (OOC: such a short topic...)

Salty brezze and Sandy hair Empty Re: Salty brezze and Sandy hair

Post by Guest 4/11/2014, 11:55 pm

Petra walked along the beach, loving the feeling of the sand I between her toes and loving the fact that here at camp, there were no Mosquitos carrying malaria that could kill you slowly in your sleep. But she needed happy, nice thoughts. Not the ones that reminded her of........her father. How she missed him, but she knew he couldn't have come to America with her. She wanted to visit South Africa again. And she would. Right then, she vowed on the river Styx that sometime in her natural life she would visit her family again. Suddenly, Petra looked up and saw a girl laying on the sand on the beach. She walked up to the girl, and realized that she must be......"soaking up rays" as the Americans called it. "Hello, I'm Petra, a daughter of harmonia" she said. "What's your name?" She asked. Petra had practiced this intro many time when she started learning English from Matthew and her laptop.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/12/2014, 12:00 am

I sat up as I heard a voice. Covering my eyes from the rays, I looked up at the girl. She seemed like she has done this to many times. "Nice to meet you, I'm Acacia O'Flaherty, daughter of Athena" I replied to her holding out my hand and shaking hers.
    "it's a beautiful day, isn't? " I said as I continued to talk to her.

Post by Guest 4/12/2014, 12:03 am

Petra shook her hand but accidentally flicked her wrist. Her hidden celestial bronze blade popped out from it's hiding place and nearly sliced off one of the girls fingers. "Fwhew, didn't mean to do that" she said and retracted the blade. "And yes, it is nice out today, isn't it?"
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/13/2014, 12:54 am

I quickly pulled my hand back when the blade had appeared out of nowhere. It had just missed my fingers, which I was thankful for.
    She retracted the blade and apologized. "Oh, it's fine." I said to her before I turn to face the water. It was sparkling, as if diamonds were scattered across the water surface.
    I smiled. "Yes, of course." My french accent was quite faint now. I haven't been to France for quite a while and I longed to go back.

Post by Guest 4/13/2014, 9:16 am

Petra had kept her learning laptop ((if you want to know what that is look at her lbchb)) and could tell that the girl must've left a different country before coming here. Her accent was just barely Romantic. Maybe French? It didn't seem like a good subject to bring up though. "So how long ago did you get here?" She asked.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/13/2014, 3:10 pm

I dipped my toes into the sand, letting it go through my toes. "Oh, I've been here for two years?" I replied. I actually didn't know because some times I stayed at camp or my dad would let me go with him.
    My dad is a busy man. He is always doing something, like learning a script or acting a scene. He's an actor.
    "What about you?" I asked.

Post by Guest 4/13/2014, 3:13 pm

"Oh, only a few weeks or so" she replied.
    OOC: ssssssshhhhhhhhhooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttt
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/13/2014, 3:36 pm

"Really?" I said to her. By now I could tell she hasn't been inhere for long. She also wasn't used to speaking English. It was like how I liked to speak french, though everybody else spoke English.
    "Do you speak another language?" I asked her. I was curious and being a daughter of Athena I could possibly say what my name is.

Post by Guest 4/13/2014, 3:40 pm

"Oh, of course. I speak Swahili, Spanish, a little Latin and Greek, english, Mongolian, Japanese, and Brazilian." She replied and smiled. "I learned as much as I could when I had the chance."
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/13/2014, 4:18 pm

"Wow, that's a lot of languages." I said to her.
    (OOC so short...)

Post by Guest 4/13/2014, 4:21 pm

"Yeah, in my village in South Africa, we couldn't learn much due to our rural state, so when we got my crank powered laptop, we all learned as much as we could whenever we could. After 2 months of having it everyone in the village was trilingual in Swahili, Mongolian, and Spanish." She said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/13/2014, 4:27 pm

I smiled. "That's amazing" I said to her. Knowing what one laptop could do was incredible. And knowing that it went somewhere ID was probably needed most, things like that are what I call miracles.
    " Was it nice there, in South Africa?'' I asked her. Some people didn't like to talk about their past so I hoped he wasn't one of them.

Post by Guest 4/13/2014, 4:34 pm

Petra smiled. "It was great. Well, maybe on the days where we didn't have to hike for water for hours. That was maybe half a week. There was never anyone mean or greedy, because we all accepted what we had and knew we didn't need any more. Here in America, thousands of children are greedy and thieving. It doesn't seem fair. But back in the village, everyone was family and as long as we had each other we would be fine. But I feel selfish for taking the only source of information my family had back there. Just earlier I swore on the river Styx I'd come back. When I do, I'll bring the laptop back. I must " she said. "Where did you live before here?" She asked.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/15/2014, 2:14 am

I smiled, a caring smile. "Oh, I was born in Cassis, France. I lived there until I was three. Then me and my dad moved here to America." I replied to her. "It was lovely. Sometimes I wished hr would take me back." I said, then frowned. "The only downside was the nuclear the French use for power, it sort of scares you." I added.

Post by Guest 4/15/2014, 6:47 am

"Ÿèś thåt wôûld scare you wouldn't it?" Petra asked. She liked the part about acacia's parents and loving in France but she was all against nuclear anything.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/17/2014, 3:31 pm

"Of course!" I said. A few clouds had started to form. I frowned. "Did you have power in South Africa?" I asked.

Post by Guest 4/17/2014, 3:38 pm

"In the cities, yes. But back in the small village I lived in, the sun and moon was our light. " she replied and pulled her hood over her head.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/17/2014, 4:22 pm

"That, I think, is better than having power. Because then there wouldn't be any power problems. And you can see the stars properly." I said to her.

Post by Guest 4/17/2014, 4:52 pm

Petra smiled. She had found someone who thought the same way she did. "Yes, the stars there were amazing. We could see the Milky Way and the planets and there were millions of them. We always tried to count them but got lost in the sheer vastness of the sky. Here, look at this-" she said and pulled up an image she had taken of her night sky before she left. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/uploads/hst_closeup.jpg
    "Isn't it beutiful?" She asked. "We saw that every night."
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/17/2014, 6:27 pm

The amazement of how many stars there were in that picture was beyond any smartness.
    "That is so beautiful. Oh, you're lucky to have been able to see such astonishing scenery." I said to her. In France I never really got to observe the magnificence of space. There were so many things that amazed me still. Like how big the world is and how much humankind has not discovered. I smiled. When you truly think about life, you realize that you probably don't know 70% of whatyou think you do.

Post by Guest 4/18/2014, 8:30 am

"Like how we know more about the face of the moon than the bottom of the ocean" she's aid and smiled. There was a slight drizzle starting. "I've wanted to travel the entire world, and France was one of my destinations I planned for. I've always wanted to ride a bicycle down the steps of the Eiffel Tower, like the reporter that did it in 1923. " she said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/18/2014, 4:17 pm

"Well, you would love it there. The scenery is amazing. The food? Oh, its absolutely divine." I said to her. I liked to talk about France because it was my home town. It was where I grew up until I was three years old. Petra said something about a reporter, 1923 and the Eiffel tower. Mmy brain clicked.
    "Yes. I journalist rode a bike down the stairs from the first level." I said to her.

Post by Guest 4/18/2014, 5:16 pm

"And some say he rode down the side of one of the 4 corners. " she said. "Nobody had recorded it so the story it messed up. Who knows if any of the stories are right. " she said.
    OOC: pretty sure that's right.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/18/2014, 6:26 pm

OOC: Yep it is.
    BIC:
    I looked surprised when she knew that. It seemed like an Athena child thing to... be smart.
    I sighed before saying. "Yeah. It's a whole lot easier. Even if someone had a journal writing of that event it would have been helpful. Its like finding out how Archimedes died, many theories."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 10:16 pm