A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Salty brezze and Sandy hair

Salty brezze and Sandy hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Salty brezze and Sandy hair

Post by Guest 4/18/2014, 7:09 pm

"Yep. " Petra said. It had seemed like there was nothing to talk about now. She had fun out of topics to talk about.
    OOC: shooooooort
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Post by Marceline 4/18/2014, 10:17 pm

I nodded. "Did you know the Eiffel Tower was built for the International Exhibition of Paris of 1889? It was to commemorate the centenary of the French Revolution." I said to her. It was nerdy yes but I found it interesting.
    OOC : Short too

Post by Guest 4/19/2014, 8:21 am

"Yes, I believe I've heard that somewhere. Did you know that the Romans once owned the city of France, but at the time it was called Lutetia?" She said. Ooh, bad subject. Petra had learned over time that the Romans were the enemies of the Greeks. Nobody really talked about them much.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/19/2014, 4:02 pm

I wanted to say yes I did along with loads of facts. But I didn't. When she talked about the romans I couldn't help but clench one of my fists. "I, personally, like the romans. Their architecture and battle plans were - and still are great." I said to Petra.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 7:42 am

"Well I've never met anyone roman, so I couldn't really say I hate or love them yet." Petra said. Now to change the subject. "Do you like music?" She asked.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 5:45 pm

Petra asked if I liked music. "Well, I guess so. I mean I haven't really listened to music lately. But yeah I do." I answered to her question with a smile. "What about you? Do you have a favorite band or something?" I asked.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 6:33 pm

Petra smiled. "Yeah, I guess I do. I like imagine dragons and American authors. And a little Johnny cash. " she replied.
    OOC:sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooorrrrrrrrtttttttt
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 7:08 pm

"Yeah, imagine dragons are cool. I would have to say that my favorite bands are 5 seconds of Summer and One Republic." I said toher.
    OOC: sshoortteeerr

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 8:54 pm

" I know one republic but I don't think I've heard of 5 seconds if summer" Petra replied.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 9:20 pm

"Oh, 5 Seconds of Summer are quite new, I'm not surprised you don't know them." I replied. "They're okay."

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 9:24 pm

"Ok. " Petra said. "I'll try and listen to them when I had the chance" she said. There was a long pause in the conversation.
    OOC: I wonder when the multi-liners will return. The one liners have reigned too long.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 9:41 pm

Ok. " Petra said. "I'll try and listen to them when I had the chance" she said. I smiled and nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah, you might like them. I can't tell for sure, everyone has different opinions." I say to her. A moment of silence passed. To me it felt like a thoughtful silence, probably because I was thinking.
    I pondered on what it would be like in South Africa. Especially the monsters. Monsters usually lived in their preferred climate so I wondered if there were any monsters at all in Africa. The heat would probably tire them, though not all of Africa was scorching deserts and treacherous fields. There was also some forestry. I think. Petra had never confirmed which part of South Africa she came from... I don't think.
    "So, how were the monsters like for you?" I decided to ask.
    I had been at camp for around five years. I couldn't quite remember how the monster attacks were like for me. It wasn't that bad until Iwas eleven. It was then ewhen the monsters had began to invade my life. It was definitely hard for my father. He was a movie star and knowing that his daughter was starting to be attacked 24/7 started to get his popularity down. Though finally I arrived at camp and my fathers career started to boost up again.
    I waited for Petra's answer.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 9:58 pm

Monsters. Ooh. About as bad as the roman part of the conversation. "Eh, they were pretty much like everyone else's. There was a manticore one time. The warriors of my tribe attacked it, but none of the attacks worked until my father threw a stone arrowhead-that's what he thought it was, but it was really a bit of celestial bronze- and it hit the monster in the eye. He nearly died in that fight, and the warriors only stopped the manticore after-after- he killed my grandmother and our other elders." She mumbled quietly, hoping the girl didn't hear her. She teared up a little but reminded herself that she couldn't change the past. "And we had stymphilian birds a few years ago, but we found out that they hated noise so the warriors banged their spears together, along with the rest of us clacking rocks and chucking them at the birds and they flew away. My father said that there were other attacks, but I was probably too young to remember. "
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 10:15 pm

Okay, so maybe bringing up that topic wasn't a great idea. I listened to her story with monsters.
    "Your tribe sounds smart. I think you probably lived a better life than some other demigods." I said to her, once she had finished explaining.
    "That part of your father finding the celestial bronze. That was lucky for you and your people. I mean Celestial Bronze is very rare, I wouldn't have thought Africa would have that." I added to my reply. I hoped that I didn't sound like I was trying to be offensive. I was saying my thoughts, as most children of Athena do.
    "I didn't get much attacks to be honest. Just a minotaur before my arrival here. It was probably because I moved around a lot with my dad and his career." I explained to her.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 10:26 pm

"I guess. I don't know if I lived better, but....." She trailed off. "Yeah, it's pretty rare, but this was only a jagged piece of it. Not bigger than my palm." She replied. "Then it sounds like you had a lucky life." Petra said to acacia's 3rd statement. "We had to worry about hunger and danger and Armageddon all at the same time. It was only at night around the campfire when we always felt safe. We would pass around stories and jokes. It was great. " Petra wrestled with her next question. She couldn't decide to ask the girl or not. She bit her lip, already regretting what she was going to say. She counted to 5 in her head. Then she blurted out,"do you want to go to South Africa with me?" She needed someone to go with her, and she had sworn on the river Styx that she would visit her father again.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 10:40 pm

Petra told me about how the celestial bronze was only a jagged piece and very small. After my third statement she also explained how she had to go through hunger as well. I nodded my head. "Yeah. I guess I was pretty lucky, though if you meet some of the younger ones here, they are pretty lucky too. They are too young for the monsters to smell them so they usually arrive here unharmed." I said to her.
    A moment of silenced passed when Petra had asked her if she wanted to go with her to South Africa. I widened my eyes in surprise and shock. Even though Petra had just met me she trusted me enough to go with her to South Africa. I had no idea what to say to her but an answer finally came out of her mouth.
    "Yes! Of Course, I would love too!" I said excitedly.
    This would one of the many plane trips I have gone on. I had always wanted to visit another country aside from France. It would definitely be a first for me to go to South Africa.
    "So, when do you plan to be leaving?" I asked her.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 10:52 pm

thank gods Petra thought. It would've been so embarrassing if she had been rejected. "I dont know, pretty much as soon as I can." Petra replied, smiling. "When would you feel like going?" She asked. At the moment, she didn't care when she got to go, she cared that now she would see her father again.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 10:58 pm

I thought about a good day to leave. Nothing came to mind. I shrugged, not knowing a reply to give her. "Whenever's good with you Though we will have to talk to Mr D or Chiron about this." I said to her.

Post by Guest 4/21/2014, 11:00 pm

"True, we can't leave tomorrow" Petra replied, nodding her head. "Maybe sometime in the next few weeks?" She offered.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/21/2014, 11:06 pm

I nodded in agreement. "Yes. One of us should see Mr D or Chiron. So then they can tell us a suitable time, and so then they know."I added to my aagreement. By now, the time was about lunch as the golden sun hovered in the center of the blue sky. My stomach slightly growled and the thought of food popped up into my mind.
    I smiled at her. "How about we discuss this over lunch?" I asked her.

Post by Guest 4/22/2014, 7:07 am

"Hell yes! There's one thing we can go to right now!" Petra exclaimed. She loved the magic plates and goblets. "Let's go!" She shouted as she dashed into the forest.
    OOC: new topic much?
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/22/2014, 7:33 am

Ooc : I can make a new topic... ?
    BIC: I ran after her, into the forest to make our way to the Mess Hall.

Post by Guest 4/22/2014, 7:34 am

OOC: okay let's go!*runs to the mess hall and waits for a new topic to be put up
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/22/2014, 7:48 am

OOC: its called Eating Lunch.

Post by Guest 4/22/2014, 7:54 am

OOC: found it and posted