A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Meeting At The Mall

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Meeting At The Mall Empty Meeting At The Mall

Post by calvin 5/3/2014, 3:18 pm

Meeting At The Mall City_stars_shopping_mall

Jeremy wasn't a huge shopper. But he needed a break. What better place to go than the Mall? I wouldn't be too bad. Maddy and Perseus? He'd be just fine. Firstly, they all headed into Hollister. Mainly button-downs and khaki pants. Not my style he thought. They had a few two-tone shirts, one he liked in particular, so he proceeded to the check-out. He bought it and returned to his friends. "So, you guys see anything you like?" he asked. Wait... Is Hollister a unisex store? he asked himself. He'd only been a few times and he hadn't seen an girly stuff. I guess we'll have to take Maddy to another store. he thought, feeling very idiotic.
    John Samarintos

Male
    Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2014-04-13

Meeting At The Mall Empty Re: Meeting At The Mall

Post by John Samarintos 5/3/2014, 3:26 pm

When they headed into Hollister Perseus wasn't thinking straight as this wasn't much of his style. He heard Jeremy ask if any of this clothing was his style. "Ya... I don't think so." Perseus replied. He grinned playfully as all the clothing here he thinked didn't look so good.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/3/2014, 3:44 pm

"Well, I got what I want. I guess we should head to somewhere you guys like. Where to?" he asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/4/2014, 4:59 am

Maddy was wearing a pretty plum-colored dress cut over the knee, her slim waist underlined by a white belt of braided leather, as she walked with the boys through the mall in summer sandals. Her chocolate brown curls fell over one shoulder, and the violet eyeliner made the brown, blue and green nuances of her irises pop out. They stopped in front of a Hollister shop, and Maddy examined the clothes.

"Nothing for me here," she said with a small grin. "Why not try that shop over there?"She added, pointing at a Desigual store.
    John Samarintos

Male

Post by John Samarintos 5/4/2014, 8:54 am

Perseus looked at what Maddy had pointed at, knowing he wouldn't get anything there. But, if Maddy was going to get something, might as-well. Don't want to be a bitc*."Okay let's go" Perseus said, trying to pull off a excited voice. He started walking towards the store with them and finally was at the entrance. All three of them walked in, looking around.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/4/2014, 10:38 am

"Hey Perseus," Maddy said. "If you don't wanna go, we can go somewhere else. No need to go absolutely here "

She looked around; the clothes were really nice, all in pretty colors and arabesques for feminine garments, the masculine ones a bit less vivid.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 1:07 am

OOC: I have never head of Desigual, because we have none in Georgia, but I looked it up.

Hmm... Desigual. Seemed girly enough. Couldn't buy anything from there, but he decided to head inside anyway. He just held his head up and hoped Maddy found something she liked. The colors were very loud and vibrant, and to his surprise, Jeremy liked it. No. I'm not gay. Get your mind out of the void. he thought. He had nothing against gays, but he felt weird about it. To take his mind off of it, he proceeded to talk to Perseus and Maddy. Before heading over to him, he spotted something odd about a woman in the store. She donned a red sun hat, a floral red and yellow dress, and one red shoe-- the other was missing. He took a closer look and realized something. She had the foot of what appeared to be a donkey. No. I'm just seeing things. he thought. But then, he saw the leg of bronze.

Jeremy proceeded to talk to Maddy and Perseus. "Guys. Look at that girl of there. And look closely. Really closely." he said, pointing to the woman. Gods, it was an empousai, he was sure or it. He had no weapon. He feared for his life.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 2:00 am

Maddy was about to go out when Jeremy suddenly pointed to a girl; the daughter of Dionysus turned around. The girl was pretty, extremely pretty, with wonderful blonde curls and sparkling blue eyes... wait, blue? Maddy looked at her feet.
    A hoof.

"Is this an empousa?" she asked, suddenly panicking. She had never seen an empousa, but had learned about them in Monster Maiming lessons at Camp.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 2:22 am

"What are we gonna do? We're unarmed! Man, I knew we shouldn't have left camp!" Jeremy said, terrified. We need to relay our options. he thought. "Ok, what can we do? What are our options? I vote on getting the Hell out of this place."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 2:36 am

Maddy looked at him. "Empousai don't attack girls normally. I don't have my machete, but I have my powers. With a bit of luck, I can arrange something."

She looked at Perseus and Jeremy. "You guys get out of here but it'd be great to get a car or something like that ready. If I manage to do what I think I should, we're gonna have the cops here in no time."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 2:54 am

"Car. Right. I'm on it." Jeremy said, bolting out of the doors of Desigual. He exited the mall, and "borrowed" a red Mustang. If they were gonna make a hasty retreat, they were gonna do it in style. What now? I can't leave them in there by themselves. They could be killed! he thought. He found three bottles of water in the car. He stuffed them in his knapsack. The air was moist. Highly dense. He could use that to his advantage. The air always contains electron particles. Electrons mean lightning. Jeremy used the electron particles in the air to create a static charge. He placed his hand on the ignition and directed the power from the static charge into the hole. The car started.

Jeremy put the car in drive and drove the the entrance of the mall. He got out and dashed through the entrance and into Desigual. They were still inside, and the empousa was still... Bronze-legged.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 3:04 am

Alright. Maddy looked around, seeing clothes and food shops. She was thinking about one power, but it might make the empousa still dangerous.... perhaps even more than normal. The other one she was thinking about would weaken her greatly but would it be sufficient?

She quickly thought about the rest of her powers...Why in freaking Dionysus's name didn't she have the power to summon leopards, huh?
    Maddy knew she didn't have much time, so she advanced in the direction of the empousa, casually.

"Hello," she greeted as she would greet anybody, and the she-demon turned her eyes on her. That was the moment she was waiting for. She put her index on the empousa's temple and concentrated; immediately, she doubled over and pushed a great number of shirts and skirts to the ground, making nauseated noises.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 3:14 am

"What the hell...? Is she drunk?" he asked Maddy. "Nevermind. We have to get--" he was then cut off by the empousa's hissing and mixed gurgles, and was then tackled by the thing itself. He nearly wriggled free, but she was stronger than he anticipated, even if she had a hangover. She had him by his wrists, and he couldn't move. Kicking the thing would only anger it. So, he used his powers. He concentrated strongly on the empousa's abdomen. His eyes flickered a stormy gray and a lighting bolt materialized from the electrons in the air and struck her chest. She screeched and rolled off of him. But she wasn't dead. Oh, give me a break. he thought.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 3:23 am

"Smooth move, Jeremy," Maddy commented, before watching as the empousa came back shakily on her feet -- well, foot and hoof. Her eyes were red and bloodshot and for one second she looked like a Maenad, those crazy Dionysus-stalker-fangirl nymphs. Maddy had met them only once, when they had come to Camp, and Leo Valdez had caught them; they were not a nice sight.
    The empousa put a hand to her eyes to protect herself from the mall's crude neon lights and winced at the sound of hundreds of conversations vibrating through her ears. But it only seemed to make her angrier and Maddy knew they had to go. Casting the hangover spell had costed some energy but she was still strong enough to cast another one.

"Come on!" she told Jeremy and Perseus, grabbing their arms and running away from the Desigual shop.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 3:41 am

"The car is parked out front. I'll drive!" he yelled to Perseus and Maddy. He hopped in the driver's seat and the engine was still running. Once they were in the car, he put the car in drive and sped off onto the freeway. Then there was a resounding Clang! "That can't be good." he said. Of course it isn't good! The b*tch is on our hood! he thought. Next, he heard the two rear tires pop, and then the sound of metal scraping. "That a**hole popped our tires! We're gonna crash!" he yelled. Then he spotted something. There was a lake half a mile ahead. If he could just steer them there, they'd be fine. "Ok, change of plans! We're driving into the lake!" he told Maddy and Perseus. He sped the car up and veered the car off of the road and into the lake. When he hit the water's surface, he dragged Maddy and Perseus out of the car. He held them in both of his arms, and shot upwards like a bullet. He manipulated the water's shape and created a platform for them to stand on. He scanned the area for the empousa. But no such luck. "Guys, we have a problem."

Last edited by Cpl. Jeremy Summers on 5/5/2014, 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 3:48 am

They ran to the car and jumped in, but the hangover-stricken empousa was close behind. She propelled herself onto the car and popped two tires, the back ones, sending Maddy flying against Perseus on the back seats. "Ouch," she groaned.

"Ok, change of plans! We're driving into the lake!" Jeremy announced.

"What? Are you crazy?" Maddy exclaimed.

But apparently, he was serious. Despite the two now-trash tires and the throbbing of the car, Jeremy drove forward and splashed into the lake with the car.
    Without losing a second, he pulled both of them out of the water; Maddy was soaked wet, her brown curls sticking to her face and shoulders, and she didn't dare imagine the state of what was in her handbag.

"Guys, we have a problem."

"If only you people had some wine," she grunted.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 4:03 am

Jeremy continuously searched for the empousa, but he found nothing. "I guess we should head to shore." he said. He motioned toward the shore and the platform moved where it was told. Jeremy hopped down and began to search the shore. He found some footprints and not much else. Some birds chirping, and his Converse crushing the sand blood beneath his feet. Wait. Blood? Jeremy checked himself. It wasn't his. It wasn't Maddy's or Perseus', since they hadn't followed him. It had to be the empousa's. Or maybe someone who was here before they were. Nonetheless, he decided to follow the trail of blood. "Guys! Follow me!" he announced.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 4:09 am

"Why are we following blood?" Maddy mouthed, but followed nonetheless. She put her bag on the shore and shuffled next to Jeremy and Perseus, her hair dripping wet and sand clinging to her soaked sandals and feet, her violet dress darkened with water, sticking to her legs and waist.
    The daughter of Dionysus pushed her humid hair back and passed a hand over her face in an attempt at wiping it a little dry; fortunately, her eyeliner and mascara were water proof, so she did not smear her make up across her skin.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 4:18 am

"You obviously don't like being wet. Here. Let me help." he said. He motioned his hand outward and absorbed the water from Maddy's body. "Just makes me stronger." he said. "And we're following the blood trail because this could lead us to the empousa." he told Maddy.

They eventually found what they were looking for. They came to a clearing only to see a grizzly scene. The blood wasn't from the empousa. It was the guy next to her who was bleeding. He was obviously dead. No helping him now.

"Took you long enough. I've been waiting for a while. That was a very nice trick you played back there, Miss. Giving me a hangover? Marvelous!" she exclaimed. "But now, playtime is over. I'm afraid it's my turn to play a few tricks of my own."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 4:51 am

"Thanks," Maddy said as he removed the water with his powers. He didn't look exhausted though she was sure his powers were tiring him. Well, after all... he did use electricity and make that water platform... Didn't seem exactly easy.

They arrived at a clearing, where the empousa was sucking on the arm of a young man, her teeth deep in his flesh. His chest was ripped open, and so was his neck; the sight drove Maddy nauseous, not to mention the smell. Little flies were pacing at the corners of his eyes.

"Took you long enough. I've been waiting for a while. That was a very nice trick you played back there, Miss. Giving me a hangover? Marvelous!" she exclaimed. "But now, playtime is over. I'm afraid it's my turn to play a few tricks of my own."

"Try me," Maddy challenged, and concentrated on the ground with all her might, trying to make vines grow.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/5/2014, 11:38 am

Making vines grow? That's actually a pretty cool power. he thought. No time to bask. It was glorious, but death was gory. Jeremy created one of his balls of water-lightning to knock the monster out. He aimed and fired, but missed. Damn. One more shot. he thought. He wasn't gonna waste it. So, he attacked the beast head on. "Hey beautiful! You like what you see? Well maybe you'd like a closer look." he yelled, lunging at the empousa.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/5/2014, 11:57 am

A baby vine escaped the ground; Maddy was not concentrated enough, but she managed to make it crawl up the empousa's donkey hoof and shin, making her trip. She angrily broke herself free from the plant and shot a threatening glare at Maddy, who tried to make more grow, but her power kept escaping her grasp, as if she was trying to catch a fish in open water with her bare hands.

"Screw this," she hissed, and picked up a branch from the ground. If only there was a leopard around them, escaped from some zoo, anything, she might persuade it to fight for her. But of course, nothing like that, thanks a lot, Dad. Without losing a second, she went for the empousa with her branch, swinging it like she would swing her machete.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/6/2014, 5:32 pm

This thing just won't die! he thought. He had an idea. This is gonna take a whoooole lot of power. "Maddy, move out of the way!" he yelled! He concentrated on the water of the lake and aimed his hand at the empousa's head. He exterted all of his force into it, and shot a highly pressurized stream of water at the beast. Then, he passed out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/7/2014, 2:38 am

"Maddy, move out of the way!"

"What?"

But when she saw what he was up to, she didn't 'move' out of the way, she dove out of the way, rugby-style. The water swooshed over her and hit the empousa square in the stomach, sending her flying backwards; unfortunately, Jeremy passed out and the jet stopped.

"Jeremy!" she called, praying he hadn't exhausted himself to death, but the empousa caught her attention again. Even soaked and weakened, she looked more than capable of smashing her head to a pulp.

Firmly grasping her branch, she ran at her and swung it at her neck, but the she-demon was quick and grasped the wood before it hit her, then slapped Maddy's face with her claws, digging four deep cuts across her cheeks and lips. Maddy screamed and fell backwards, her hands on her face. A swooshing made her look up from between her blood-stained fingers and she saw the empousa striking at her. Maddy had no choice.

"Μανιά!" she shouted, and the empousa stopped dead in her tracks. She looked around as if she had opened her red eyes for the first time, then she laughed; a fake, shrill laugh. Maddy scrambled out of the way and shot a look at Perseus. Now or never.
    John Samarintos

Male

Post by John Samarintos 5/7/2014, 7:40 am

Perseus was surprised when he had the nerve to just sit there in his tracks and not move. All he had was fear. But, when Maddy gave Perseus a now or never look. He went back to the real world. He silently moved behind the empousa to where she was above Maddy. He sliced at the empousa from behind, it's reflexing were astounding and it easily turned around and blocked the strike somehow. He kicked at it and it fell back a few feet. He picked up Maddy in one arm and Jeremy in the other. "We need to get right by the lake! That's the only place we have a chance." Perseus shouted.

They continued going towards the lake until they were on the shore. The empousa had already recovered and was right behind them. She hissed at them "What are you going to do demi-gods?" the empousa laughed at them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 3:47 am