A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Two lovely daughters of Apollo

apollogods
    apollogods

Male
    Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2012-02-17

Two lovely daughters of Apollo Empty Two lovely daughters of Apollo

Post by apollogods 7/23/2014, 10:36 am

Two lovely daughters of Apollo 300x300

Natasha missed her little thievery gang in New York. No, they were more then just a gang, they were her family. She honestly didn't know what having a family felt like, but if she did, they would be her family. Those orphans had helped her sabotage many big companies and rob her mother. They were there when rare monster attacks happened. Those children would've died for her if she asked them to... and that was the whole reason she had left them behind. There was no way she would forgive herself if she did let any of those mortals die for her. She didn't want to endanger their lives even though to them it wouldn't look like that. Especially now that she had just walked out on them. If they hated her, she would understand. She hated herself too, she hated both her mother and father. Balynne had chosen a life of drinking and partying over her own child. The big time rapper lied to the public about her own child. If Apollo was as arrogant and just as ignorant as Natasha's mom, she would hate him even more.

But she wouldn't hate her brothers and sisters. She felt they were stuck in the same situation as her and deserved better. Natasha was a little upset to find out she had long lost siblings and knew nothing about them until now. All this time... I had blood brothers and sisters and you didn't tell me? She thought as she walked out of her cabin, looking up at the sun. That was him, that big sun was him and she knew it.All this time... you knew my grandmother passed! And you did absolutely nothing about it. Anger swept across he face but this was a daily routine. She would criticize her father, mentally screaming at him. To her, he was nothing. Godly or not, he didn't have the right to do such a thing.

"The next time Olympus is open for visit  expect me to come Apollo. Expect me to come at full force." She marched passed the mess hall and to the music room. It was her sanctuary from now on.  No, she wouldn't touch the instruments but bask in the glory of them. Natasha closed her eyes and before she knew it;

Listen to the song here in my heart
    A melody I start but can't complete
    Listen to the sound from deep within
    It's only beginning,
    To find release

She paused for a moments before continuing.

Oh,The time has comeFor my dreams to be heard
    They will not be pushed aside and turnedInto your own
    All cause you won't
    Listen...

She took a deep breath, pouring her heart into the chorus;

Listen,
    I am alone at a crossroads
    I'm not at home in my own home
    And I've tried and tried
    To say what's on my mind
    You should have known
    Oh, now I'm done believing you
    You don't know what I'm feeling
    I'm more than what you made of me
    I followed the voice you gave to me
    But now I gotta find my own.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Two lovely daughters of Apollo Empty Re: Two lovely daughters of Apollo

Post by daddeme 7/23/2014, 12:00 pm

How long had it been since the daughter of Apollo and the mortal Diana visited the music room? Much too long in her opinion, and she really needed her saxophone. It was during her assigned free time when she decided to go off to get this task done, maybe even sing a little on her way. As soon as Greek Language ended in the Athena cabin, the girl with the strange eyes and dark hair had slung her draw-string over her shoulder and dashed out of the door, her Flash high-tops leaping over the grass and sand and rocks that made up camp. Her camp. She loved this place more than she could ever explain, a love that grew by the day. The months that she had spent with her family had made her cherish this safe haven more. What was the down side of it? There were people her age here, siblings she didn't even know about, and not to mention the activities. This place was beautiful, all illuminated by the shining ball of fire up there in the sky. The girl didn't even have to look - the heat and luminosity her father generated was a radiant as ever. A small smile graced her face as she passed by a group of Demeter children tending to their gardens.

Thank you, Dad. The girl with the strange eyes ducked underneath a winding rose vine that would have made nasty scars on her bright caramel face before continuing her run, taking the long way. I understand you. It's not easy being you, is it? A wince hissed through her teeth when a flame erupted in front of her, quickly and efficiently extinguished by blistered and calloused hands. Some of Hephaestus children sheepishly apologized before towing the project back inside of their smoking and creaking cabin. She rolled her eyes, laughing quietly before going back to her running. Mama's doing fine, but I guess you know that. Ripped jean on dirt, the girl had to do a baseball-style slide to avoid getting decapitated by the Hecate cabin's loose banshees. She hit a sharp left, wondering how the hell Chiron would let them keep breeding those things when they kept getting away. The girl was almost there at the music room - she could see the roof top in the distance. So close, so close, so -

Just as the girl with the dark hair leaped over a fallen body from a practice sparring session, her drawstring snapped and her belongings went tumbling across the ground. She cursed quietly to her self when she found that her new reed, broken in and perfect, was now dirtied from mud and chipped. All well. Guess it was only singing for today. She rolled out of the way to avoid get speared by the guy who through his opponent down and gathered the bottle of water, the notebook, the pencils, and the erasers that fell free from her bag. She then tied her draw-string back up so that it was just good enough and continued her trip to the music room. I'm fine. Camp's had it's ups and downs, but you've sent me here for a reason. Panting, sweaty, and with stained jeans, the girl had turned the music room's plain knob and opened the door. To her surprise, another girl was in here already pouring her heart out into a song that must've really meant something to her. The girl understood the feeling and listened carefully to the lyrics in order to recognize the song. The only lyrics she had caught were "I followed the voice you gave to me/But now I gotta find my own", but she knew the song.

"Listen by Beyonce, an all time personal favorite." The girl said in between heavy breathes, her hands resting on top of her head so that her breathing was easier and clearer. Normally, she would have been out as soon as she saw someone else in here. But this was no longer for a personal mission; this was for the noble reed that had lost its life on the way here. So she just wanted until her breathes became normal, then crossed across the room to a keyboard. She began to play then. It was the same song as the one the other girl was singing, which was kind of rude in a way, but this girl was here to entertain herself and no one else. What made it so rude was the fact that she began re-singing the chorus in a voice a tad louder than the other girl's. A competition. That's what she seemed to be asking for.

"But if you're going to sing it at all," The girl said after she finished the chorus. "You have to sing it right." Your daughter, Demetri - First-Year Camper.
    apollogods
    apollogods

Male

Post by apollogods 7/24/2014, 1:52 pm

The whole time she was singing, her heart felt as if it was being torn to pieces. She clenched her chest each and every time she would sing the chorus, but it wasn't because of the high notes she seemed to be hitting. Pain seemed to be pumping through her body instead of blood. Images of her childhood, growing up in a poor neighborhood for no reason had stirred up many emotions but pain was the most common. Why? Why did her mother leave her grandmother and herself in the slums of Egypt. She left them starving some nights and other nights falling asleep to the sound of gunshots while she slept in a mansion comfortably and ate plenty. Natasha's mother enjoyed the life of riches when her daughter almost suffered a life of poverty. The daughter had suffered a lot but in the end, learned to take care of herself. There was no one who cared for her like... well, her. She had to learn that the hard way. No one, not even a god cared for her.If he cared so much, why didn't he protect me? Give me what I deserved. This camp was blind. Only a few times a year they got to see their godly parent. If they're supposedly your parent, why can't you see him or her everyday?

She stopped singing once she heard someone else's voice beside her own. Natasha turned toward the entrance of the music room to find a dark-skinned girl standing there. For a moment she didn't say anything; instead, she watched her for a moment. Not many people came to the music room. Not even a lot of Apollo kids. She was surprised to see the girl there, in her two months of going to camp she's never seen anyone else in the music room while she was there. The girl must've been knew, she looked kind of new. Natasha was going to greet her warmly until she was insulted. He girl had began to play the song again, singing it as if trying to out do her singing.

"Excuse me?" Natasha raised a eyebrow."I've always sang the song right. I am the next Beyoncé if you must know. I'm beautiful and my voice is on point." She rolled her eyes, there was no way she would even welcome the girl to the music room."I've performed on stage several different times and got an encore." Natasha told her. But that wasn't the fully truth. If the girl looked at Natasha close enough, she would see she looked like a certain famous rapper. Cleopatra Simone, her wonderful mother. Natasha made several attempts to sabotage her mother, took over a few of her concerts and tried to destroy them by doing something horrible on stage. Not to mention how many times she had used her powers to make people believe they were at a concert so her crew could rob them.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/24/2014, 2:30 pm

After Demetri had spoken, she focused on making herself look less like a crazy escapee by tying her long brown hair into a neat ponytail and dusting off the front bottom part of her tank top with the back of her hand. Thee, at least she wasn't as dirty as she had been on her trip here. She couldn't believe all of the trouble it took just to get to this room, just to get to some kind of instrument and utilize her singing ability. All of this for something that she loved to do was worth it, however, and she had to be appreciative of that fact at least. Her mother always told her to look at the brighter side. To look at what you have and not what you don't That soon became her motto after every fire, every up and down from her mother's miscarriage to where her step father faded away. Her family was broken, but happy. Honestly, as long as they were okay and healthy, Demetri couldn't complain. The caramel skinned girl looked up when she realized that the girl she had expressed her talents to was speaking to her.

"You're the next Beyonce? You?" Demetri began to laugh ever so quietly and turned her attention to the spotless white keys on the electric instrument. Playing a few scales and humming under her breath, she continued to speak against the girl. "I'm beautiful, my voice is always on key. But no one is nor can the ever be Beyonce. I'm an arrogant person, but that's ridiculous." Demetri's greenish eyes glanced up just for a split second before her laugh that was so quiet before crescendo-ed until it was accompanied by a bright white smile. Who did this girl think she was? Demetri performed on stage several times in her life herself, an encore each time she opened her mouth and awed her audience with her heart-wrenching emotion and angelic voice. Broadway takes talent - they don't just let anyone perform there. "Would you like a sticker as a congratulatory prize? Good job for performing. Yay, you're better than everyone here at camp."

Of course, sarcasm layered her awe like thick icing on a cake. Demetri truthfully didn't care about anything right now besides her music and...that was about it. This was the music room for a reason, after all. There were times similar to this when she wished her full older sister were here. Her bluntness had been even greater than Demetri's, her sarcasm spot on. If she were here, Demetri wouldn't have any problems. Nonetheless, Dimitra was at their home in New York helping out their mother and siblings while Demetri was here, forced to share a camp with people that shared similar personalities to her own. That wasn't fair, either. Demetri knew that she was a jerk, but that didn't mean other people could go around carrying their vanity around plain as day! She didn't like it. Know as she glanced up once more to get a better look at this girl, Demetri definitely didn't like it because she looked just like Cleopatra Simone. Regardless of this girl's parentage, Demetri couldn't help but be annoyed by their similar arrogance.
    apollogods
    apollogods

Male

Post by apollogods 7/25/2014, 8:48 am

Apollo seemed to mark both if these kids with his arrogance and self-importance. Natasha wasn't going to back down and it looked like Demetri wasn't either. Both girls weren't going to lose, that didn't look like an option, another trait both girls developed from their father. It had only taken Natasha a few minutes to see the girl as her sister. She could sing -- Natasha wouldn't say better then her-- and she played the piano like a prodigy. Demetri just had to be another daughter of Apollo. That or Apollo himself in a little girl costume."You're right, I'm a lot better then Beyoncé. I'm going to be a lot bigger then she ever was." Natasha placed a hand on her hip before looking the girl over.

"Don't get ahead of yourself honey, you're no where near my beauty and your voice is good. You can be my Michelle." Natasha made her way toward the girl, and took a seat at the piano right beside her."I don't need to be told I'm how great I am. I know I'm talented and pretty and one day you're going to regret the way you're talking to me now. I'm going to be the Queen of singing and rapping." Natasha couldn't help but play the piano a little and at the same time smiling at her new "friend". Why have talent and not show it off. She thought as she began playing different music pieces. Natasha didn't know why she felt like she had to prove herself to someone she hardly knew.

"Anything you can do I can do better. Remember that when you're around me. I'm Hera and you're some minor god underneath my toe." She hopped up and laughed.

OOC: Sorry for how short it is.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/27/2014, 3:54 pm

This was honestly stupid as seen from Demetri's eyes, which rolled at the fact of anyone being better than Beyonce. In this century, the singer was what brought pride to the Apollo's name (there was a rumor being passed around that she was a daughter of Apollo also, which Demetri believed could be true as well as false). The idea that someone that had barely made a name for herself being better for someone who has been around for so long. At this point, she was almost positive that they shared a godly father. She was about to give another snarky comment about how the girl's dreams were crap when the topic of her being Michelle came up. Michelle.

In her lifetime, Demetri had been called every name in the book. Whether is be because of her temper, her race, her sarcasm...she's heard it all. She was called ugly, she was called untalented. Her spectacular singing had been called mediocre and her face was called plain if not hideous. All of these insults meant less than nothing to her. Each word meant to bring her down ricocheted off of her and towards the other person in the form of snark. But never, ever, would she tolerate being called the "other one". She felt her face heat up more and more as her possible sister of hers continued on trying to outdo her. As her face heated up, she felt her body heat up in response - the faint glow around her becoming more prominent. This power was harmless, unfortunately. She really wanted to burn this girl - literally - in the spot. Her eyes shot towards the girl's hands as her fingers took over the keys on the keyboard she was playing on and Demetri almost lost it. Instead, she kept her composure even as she was called a minor goddess underneath that poor excuse of a marriage goddess' toe. With a deep breath, Demetri went on to playing the opening of Holy Grail.

"You are full of it, and that's coming from me. You're arrogance is what's going to get you killed, kid, so I hope you're prepared for one hell of a life here. What's wrong with you, anyway? Family troubles?" Demetri's fingers stopped playing in order to take the time to make eye contact with the girl. She had hoped she'd struck a nerve somewhere and that maybe this would get her to shut up. She didn't wait long for a reply and instead continued on talking. "No, I know you have those because you're a demigod just like the majority of the other kids here at this camp. You're just like everyone else. You'd better get it through your thick skull now before someone less nicer than I am tells you when you're at your lowest. I'm better than you, I'm better than a lot of people actually. But at the end of the day I'm a just another demigod with excessive egotistical thoughts. Just. Like. You."

Ooc: No problemo. This post isn't my best.
    apollogods
    apollogods

Male

Post by apollogods 7/28/2014, 4:41 pm

Whether or not Demetri took what she said about her being a minor goddess underneath Hera's toe as a insult, Natasha thought it was the best thing she had ever come up with. Hera was a divine queen and the superior one out of the twelve Olympians and while most demigods hate Hera because of how she lashes out on demigods, Natasha did not. In fact, she actually admired the goddess and what she stood for. Hera stood for more then just marriage, but justice for all women. People saw Hera's ruthless killing of Zeus' mistresses and children as a petty act. But what Natasha saw was a true woman's vengeance. People seemed to forget that she is a woman and not just a goddess and not many people know what a woman has to go through, especially when you're married to a man who believes he doesn't deserved to be punished. She has no insecurities whatsoever and beats the stereotype of what a woman should be in life. Natasha found herself almost very similar to her too. Both women-- the daughter of Apollo likes to think of herself as woman, even at a young age-- were independent and fearless.

Natasha cringed when she mentioned, family troubles, ignoring everything she said before that. She wanted to slap the girl silly for being so rude and stooping so low and for reminding her of her own pass."You're better then me..." She mocked the girl before snickering."You're just as self-centered then myself. You don't give a damn about anyone else here but yourself... I'll make a deal with you honey, if you can get it through your thick skull, I'll get it through mine which is like an open door compared to yours at this point." She kept a calm, almost nonchalant tone and didn't even look up, even after the girl began to glow radiantly."You know what's sad? I don't think you have any reason to be the way you are-" she cut herself short. Natasha's issues were not really an excuse of how she acted, but it had a part in it. Before she could stop, Natasha blurted out,"You want to know my troubles?"

She didn't give Demetri any time to answer. Natasha left the piano for a brief moment to grab a snare drum and began dragging back to her spot at the piano. She made sure it was properly set up before picking up a drumstick stick. Natasha had planned on playing the piano with one hand and with the other she would beat the drum for a beat. Natasha had no clue as of what she was doing now. She didn't know the reason why she would share her troubles with a girl she had just met; a girl she had just began to argue with. Maybe she did strike a nerve in her or maybe Natasha felt like she needed to get something off her chest right now. Natasha began beating on the drum making a ratty-tat-tat t-tat-tat and at the same time, playing a beautiful soft melody on the piano;

You leave me for life or death on the streets,
    Bought a house in a valley and became
    Booty buddies with Kim Kardashian,

I watched you live it up
    Leave me in ya moms in the ghetto of Egypt,
    Acting like we don't exist and it doesn't make
    Any sense because... You gave life to me
    And despite what I went through
    As a child, I gave you a chance and you denied me,

My existence and I was because you
    Didn't want to give drinking and drugs...
    I was shattered, baffled at your decision;
    Thinking that the people you surround
    Yourself with is okay but it really isn't,

How could you do this to me?
    Your only daughter, the one you used for publicity

Yeah that's me; Queen Egypt, but you can call me Natasha
    Queen of the streets and the pretty (still pretty)prettiest
    Flower you'll ever see,

What's the matter?
    You don't believe me
    Check my certifi-certificate and you'll see,
    ME, daughter of Cleopatra Simone
    With her cliché raps, and the next big failure
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/28/2014, 6:58 pm

Demetri's laugh that was once so small and unnoticeable grew into a loud guffaw. The girl gripped her sides as a cramp began to form from her laughter. Natasha was right - Demetri didn't give a damn about any here at this camp but herself. The reason? The people she did love here were either dead or missing. The thought jolted through her like an electric shock as she realized that a barrier was broken. Here she was smiling and joking her way around camp when in reality she envied everyone there. She had only been gone for a couple of months and returned to find everyone missing. Missing. Her best friend, her first love, her favorite sister, that one annoying kid that would sneak into her thoughts every so often. They were off somewhere having the time of their lives either away or dead and here she was wandering through her own home like a stranger. New faces, new activities, new problems. There was a freaking war on the way and here she was, smiling about the day as usual. This was delicious! She hadn't been this mad - both the insane and angry meanings - since that one fateful day out in the forest.

"No! N-No, please! That wasn't an invit--!" Demetri managed between short breaths and spurts of laughter. Too late, Natasha was already making her way over with her little snare drum and drum sticks. She began playing a nice simple beat on the drum accompanied by a gentle piano melody. Big deal, Demetri could do that with her eyes closed. Her laughter managed to shut up a little bit when Natasha unbelievably began to rap about her problems just like any other Apollo kid would do. All she was doing was proving Demetri's point further. But the younger daughter of Apollo listened until she believed the song to be over. Even then, her snicker was still there.

"So what I deducted from that heart-wrenching tale about a young girl from Egypt with a bad life was that she threw most of it away with logic she picked up off of shady druggies in the streets instead of picking up a book and learning something." Demetri stated flatly. "Obviously if her mama was a famous rapper, she could've easily lived a good life without making everything hell for herself. If I grew up with all of that publicity from the mother that ignored me I would have been took some bucks to get me livin' comfortable. I would have got a job and worked my butt off the legal way instead of going through all of that trouble. That's a stupid decision, anyway. 'Hey, my life is already sucky and in danger, so let me make sure more people want me killed'. No, screw that, I'm taking my cash and getting the hell out of the place that wants to drag me down and make me into another statistic. Now if you don't mind..." Demetri fanned her sister's hand away from the keyboard before continuing her song, whispering the lyrics beneath her breath.
    apollogods
    apollogods

Male

Post by apollogods 7/30/2014, 1:13 pm

She frowned a bit. Demetri didn't seem to get what she was saying at all. So now she would have to explain what she meant,"My mother is Cleopatra Simone." She pointed out the obvious."She isn't exactly a mother and would rather drink and do drugs instead of taking care of her mother, who is dead now, and her daughter." Natasha held back her tears. There was no way she would cry in front of a girl she didn't even know."Publicity? The last time the public saw me I was in the womb. After that, I was never seen again. I also had a job. Still have it. I'm a freaking con-artist. The best you'll ever see too. Ask how much money I have in a account." Natasha rolled her eyes and removed her hands from the keys like she wished. Natasha had to admit that the girl was some what good-- she still thought her own voice was just as good though.

"Who's your god parent?" Natasha decided to ask randomly.

OOC: Once again, I am sorry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:21 pm