A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes Empty Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes

Post by daddeme 7/28/2014, 1:15 am

Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes Tumblr_lzq2qaaxfl1rq57c9o2_500
    Name: Sinbad Julian Estavez (Seen-bahd, Hoo-lee-ahn, Ez-tah-VAYS). His middle name comes from his father's false name he used when he met his mother.
    Age: Sinbad is currently 12 years of age, but will be turning 13 on the 14th of July.
    Eyes: Sinbad has eyes the color of coffee beans, which is ironic because he acts just like he drank ten gallons of straight coffee.
    Hair: He has equally dark coffee-colored hair of which descended from his great-grandfather.
    Height: Sinbad stands at the height of five feet, 2 inches. This combined with his weight and body type allow him to get away quick.
    Body Type: Sinbad as a thin, almost skinny body type that is very agile and flexible. He does have the chance of gaining possible muscle as he ages, though for now he has a healthy lean/athletic build. He weighs in at 114 lbs.
    Skin Color: Relatively pale when compared to his mother and sisters, Sinbad has a peach tone that burns fairly easily.
    God Parent: Hermes, god of thieves, travel, medicines, blah, blah...When he met Bianca, it was love at first sight. He was a delivery man named Julian ("J" pronounced as an "H") at the time, constantly "mistaking" his deliveries with Bianca's address. Eventually, he asked her out and it could have been happily ever after.
    Mortal Parent: Bianca Estavez-Conseco is a middle class woman that was born in El Salvador to Gloria and Claudio Estavez. She moved to Arizona, became a citizen, and soon made her living as a professional track star. She almost made it to the Olympics once, but she then soon became pregnant with her first child Sinbad.
    Country of Origin: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Pets: Sinbad has one pet named Gato, which happens to be a Jack Russel terrier. Gato means "cat" in Spanish, so of course Sinbad had to name his poor dog Cat.
    Talents: Sinbad is (more irony) a very talented swordsman, as well as an archer, thief, and trickster. He is a decent chef when he feels like it, making delectable dishes out of random foods such as Cheetos and peanut butter, and is bilingual as he is able to speak both fluid Spanish and English. Sinbad counts burping his ABCs backwards as a talent, but his mother always says that doesn't really count. On another note, he is also great at baseball, racing, a quick getaways.
    Weapon**: The boy fights with a Celestial bronze makhaira with a 2.5 foot blade and a fitted rubber grip. He prefers close combat, as it gives him a more personal urgency when fighting against an opponent.
    Personality: Sinbad has a cheeky personality that is difficult not to love. He is a person who likes having fun but will become serious if the time asks for it. He has plenty of jokes to spare and is a pretty cool friend when the time calls for it. Even though he is young and often gets shot down, he openly flirts with girls just because it's fun and it annoys them. Sinbad can be a pretty sensitive person but often hides it with humor.
    Flaws: Sinbad's fatal flaw is his inability to leave things alone as it is. He does not accept facts very well and will go to the ends of the earth to change something that will remain permanent. Another flaw of his is bluntness, as he really has no filter when he speaks, as well as over competitiveness. As a demigod, ADHD and Dyslexia are issues yet strengths for him. Some doctors may see Sinbad's weight is an issue, while other argue that he is fine because of his acceptable nutrition intake (the boy eats like a pig). He does have an overbite and a few patchy birthmarks here and there on his Achilles' tendon and back/hip areas.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Here's where it gets a bit more interesting-
    Navigator- No matter where he is, Sinbad is unable to get lost. It is literally physically impossible for him to become lost no matter where he is because every road, twist, and turn is implanted in his brain. All he has to do is simply close his eyes and a map of wherever he is appears in his mind. He can get anywhere just by simply thinking about it, much like how Percy can do when navigating through the ocean. This power drains him about 15% after each use.
    Green Tablet- A reference only fans of the Matched trilogy will get, Sinbad has the ability to keep people calm in severe situations that may lead them to death. Whether the person will die or not is out of the question: Sinbad is only able to ease their distress by physical contact. This power comes from his father being able to guide souls to the Underworld peacefully, and drains him depending on the person's duress level. (Example: Severe shock=85%, surprise party=5%)
    Accountant- Sinbad is a natural thief and a thief has to know how much someone is carrying before he mugs them, right? A minor power that tells him how much money someone is carrying at the time, it drains him 5% after each use. It can only work on one person at a time and is a pretty cool party trick.
    Life Before Camp*: Before camp, Sinbad was considered a pretty decent kid with an itch for getting himself into messed up situations. He got in trouble a lot at school for his pranks constantly made the teachers love and hate him at the same time. Living in a home with his five younger sisters, his physical trainer stepfather, and ever-training track star of a mother, he was always kept busy and into many sports that included baseball and track as a hurdler. His five sisters (Selena, Sofia, Salome, Sara, and Silvana) each took part in their own activities such as ballet, tennis, gymnastics, and etc. All in all, they were a very active family. Bianca, upon finally opening her love Julian's last letter confessing his love to her before utterly ditching her at eight months into pregnancy, found enclosed in the envelope something completely different from the usual gush and romance. It was a brochure for a special camp in Long Island, New York addressed to the son that they shared. She immediately hid the letter from her boy and husband, throwing it away with the other garbage. Sinbad being a secret fan of recycling found the crumbled up piece of stationary, unwrinkled it, read it, then sucked in a breath of shock. It was a place for "special" kids like he. He never told his mother of his abilities though he used them against her constantly, and had finally thought that he would live a more normal life around people that related to him. So he sneaked out one night with a packed bag, kissing his family goodbye, and used his gift of navigation to find his way to his new home.
    RP Example*: I didn't like when my mother worried, but I had to find this place that she wanted to keep hidden from me. My father was someone I had never met, someone that my mother would talk about all of the time before she married Lorenzo Conseco when I was about five. When she had my sisters she stopped talking about our life before that permanently, just when I started developing the good questions. When I found that brochure I just acted upon impulse. I knew where I was going - I always knew - so that wasn't a problem. It was the fact of being separated from my dearest mother that made me begin to contradict myself. But I had to do what I had to do. I was attacked, but I survived. I almost died a few times, but I'm here now aren't I? If I can say the one thing that my mother gave me to prepare for my trip here, it was my endurance and will to keep going. Mama Bianca doesn't raise losers, you know.
    Any notes about your characters: Sinbad is portrayed by Charlie Rowe.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes Empty Re: Sinbad Estavez - Son of Hermes

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2014, 4:42 am

Hi!

This form is perfect, though the making people calm kind of bugs me... shouldn't it be only on dead people that he could use this power? E.G. Souls and ghosts?
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by daddeme 7/28/2014, 10:16 am

What if he could only use it on people who are close to dying instead of people who are just panicking all together? The souls and ghosts thing relates too much to one of my other characters' powers...so would it be okay if it was only for people that could be dangerously close to dying?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2014, 12:32 pm

Sure, that works :)

Approved! Standing ovation
    Watsky
    Watsky