A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Specials RP (private: Carina&Lila)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Specials RP (private: Carina&Lila) Empty Specials RP (private: Carina&Lila)

Post by Morgan Landry 8/10/2014, 12:33 pm

The three hoverboards shot into the night, flat and dark like plastic film, perfectly invisible against the night sky. Ahead, fireworks exploded above New Pretty Town in bright, fuzzy colors, mixing and glimmering, setting the top of the party towers ablaze with colorful lights. Even with the distance, their shine was blindingly sharp in my perfect vision.
    I angled my hoverboard a bit to the right, so I wouldn't bump into Aria, bending one knee some more. We were flying over the treetops at good speed, the lifting fans's vibrations thrumming into my feet through the soles of my grippy shoes. The wind was hissing through my hair, cold like an ice comb. I could taste in my throat the scent of pine needles and rough bark, feel the shifting motions of the air on my taste buds and, far under me, the earthy, steady smell of soil, dirt and grass gathering against the roof of my mouth. Everything was sharp, precise, clear. Icy. I could feel every angle, every curve, every dent, every change of gravity, every little irregularity around me just with the sensors woven in my fingertips. It was like feeling the world with invisible hands.
    I opened my internal software to deactivate the infrared vision, taking the time to look at nature the way it was, not as changing globs and tendrils of blue, yellow, red and green. It was grand to fly above the forest, quiet and quick as a shadow. I could hear Aria's and Vic's low breathing over the skintenna network, which I had temporarily set to cut out the news feed. Whatever trick the new bubbleheads pulled tonight, there were enough Specials in the HQ to take care of it without me having to jump in. Standing up straight on the board, I closed my eyes and tilted my head back. Every second passed as if clad in icy slow motion. The breath of cold air on my sensitive skin, the flickering of my black tee against my torso and hips, the gusts of forest gliding down my tongue like nectar, the leaves and needles meters under me and most of all, the silence. Not even disturbed by the faraway party noises: music, laughter, faint fireworks crackling. Sudden warmth brushed my hand, and I knew without having to open my eyes that it was Aria touching my fingertips. Smiling, I opened my eyelids to look at her. The perfect turquoise eyes were shining in the night, the silvery hue of implanted gems sending spirals across her irises every few seconds.
    Unlike most of us, Aria liked to do lots of surges, which, now she was a Special, she could do whenever she wanted. Lately, she had changed yet again her hair to night black, adding this time a silver color to the tips, having them look like points of steel.
    A higher treetop came ahead, and Aria banked, breaking the contact, while I just hopped over it.
    During my Pretty time, I had enjoyed surges too. Changing my skin, hair and face to later admire myself in the mirrors and windows of party towers during a bash was one of the most fun things I had found to do.
    Now, though, I had had only one surge after becoming Special. Like most of us, the docs had given me black hair and coal black eyes, which I had asked to change later on to dark brown, shoulder long layered hair with auburn reflections and dark blue eyes set with tiny bioluminescent gems, picturing clusters of stars, galaxies, pulsars. I could regulate their luminosity with my internal software, but I rarely did. The effect was icy. It looked like I had pieces of the cosmos in each one of my large irises.
    Apart from that, we all shared the Special facial features: angular faces, sharp cheekbones, thin lips, pointed teeth, wolven eyes, large irises, thick slanted eyebrows, webs of flash tattoos. Thick eyebrows didn't mean bushy ones; they were well defined, and gave our gaze intensity.
    A ping echoed in my software as it picked up Lakisha's skintenna feed. She was about a kilometer away from us, aiming for the river.
    "Hi," I whispered, letting my skintenna carry the words.
    "Hi there," she answered a second later, her voice close and intimate, as if she was murmuring in the shell of my ear. It sent my tattoos spinning for a short second every time.
    "Care to join us?" I felt Aria breathe. "We're headed to the Rusty Ruins."
    I heard a sharp sound of wind as Lakisha accelerated. "Meet you there."
    I banked my board towards Vic's, my gaze catching her face in the corner of my eyes. Vic was certainly the youngest Special I knew. Barely fourteen, she had never even lived in New Pretty Town. She had escaped Uglyville at twelve, a month after arriving there, and went to the Smoke with just a hoverboard and a backpack full of food. Apparently, she had tagged along with Uglies to spy on the new Pretties, and had realized after forty minutes there definitely was something wrong with them. Hearing about the Smoke from older Uglies, she had decided to go and search for it, having been given directions to the first pick-up point from a Smokie she had met in the Rusty Ruins. She had lived there for two years, until the Smoke had gotten burnt down by the Specials. Then, like the rest of the surviving Smokies, she had been locked up in Special Circumstances HQ, but because of her young age, she hadn't passed under the knife just yet. Instead, they had just given her the lesions and put her back in Uglyville. It took her about a week until she ran away again. When they caught her, after about eighteen days, they realized she had thought herself out of the lesions and seeing that even turning her Pretty wouldn't be useful, they made her Special.
    She had insisted on keeping her Ugly features, instead of the dark hair and eyes usually given to Specials. Vic now had glossy dirty blonde hair, the nuances of her streaks ranging from almost white to caramel, and gray eyes emphasized by tiny , spiky gems that made her eyes sparkle as if they had been cut out of a crystal. Her tattoos kept rearranging themselves into formulas and diagrams, spinning from equations to algorithms every few seconds. It was kind of mesmerizing.
    We were almost at the river now, flying over the dorms of Uglyville. I saw several Uglies peering out of their windows at New Pretty Town and gave a razor smirk. If they knew.
    Soon enough, the dull, rectangular dorm buildings were behind us and we flew over the river. All three of us stopped our lifting fans to drop down, allowing the magnetics to take charge just as we were about to fall into the water. I was an inch over the waves, my front lifting fan brushing the surface and sending up a burst of fresh droplets which beaded my skin.

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 12:40 pm