A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Canoeing (private for Bob and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Canoeing (private for Bob and myself) Empty Canoeing (private for Bob and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 8/13/2014, 7:26 am

Cleopatra arrived a bit late to the canoe kayak lesson. It wasn't her fault! She had broken a nail on the climbing wall and it had taken her aaaaages to finally correct it.
    Broken nails were bogus.
    She was walking with Niamh, her Irish half-sister (who was also a model) - (but not as pretty as her, of course) - (she was the prettiest of all), discussing the newest fashion tendencies while stalking towards the lake. It was a rather hot day, for Camp's standards, though Cleo had had faaaar hotter ones in Barcelona, like seriously. People sometimes complained about the temperature here, especially those from the bogus Khione cabin, but Cleo always laughed; they didn't know what hot really meant, these people, haha. There were days in Spain where she just stayed home with the curtains down and the clim at full power, the heat making her too lazy to do anything else but chill around on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Nothing felt bubblier on those days than to have a swim in her outside pool, though. But she was too lazy, even for that.
    Now she had -finally!- arrived at the lake. Colorful Desigual top, white Guess shorts, braided leather belt, Gucci gladiator sandals, Bulgari jewelry, Louis Vuitton handbag and fruity Yves Saint-Laurent makeup with a squeeze of Dior perfume, she was ready to go canoeing. She just hoped her hair wouldn't get wet. That'd be so bogus.
    She had arrived just when the mentor was putting up the teams. Not listening, Cleo took her time attaching her glossy mass of layered curls into a purposefully vague ponytail, passing her hand through the front of her hair several times while looking at the boys from the other cabin, binding the ponytail with a pink scrunchie, decorated with an equally pink silk lily. The shiny petals were enhanced by a hint of golden spangles, making them glisten up in the hot sunlight.
    Then she took a pose, pretending to listen, putting her chocolate colored hands on her hips.

"..Mia with Julio," the blonde mentor was saying. Olivia with Isabelle. John with Esmeralda. Madison with Lacy..."

Cleo started scanning the opposite cabin for John. John was a rather ordinary name, wasn't it? Yes, it definitely was. Cleo was glad her real name was Esmeralda. That was a name which stood out, and not just because of the Hunchback of Notre-Dame. It meant "Emerald" in Spanish and fittingly, she had two large green eyes, which looked bubbly with her Nubian complexion. Okay, they weren't totally green, more like, an outer circle of deep blue fading into luxurious green, which itself faded into a sandy, beachy ochre around her large pupils. Bubbly, right? I know you want the same.

She finally caught sight of John and stalked over to him, careful not to bump into anybody. When you're walking like a supermodel, such things tend to be bogusly embarrassing.
    "Hey, John-la!" She said, her full lips parting into a smile as she stopped in front of him. "So we're together, right? I mean, together in a kayak. That's so bubbly!" She giggled a bit and gazed at the boats. "I warn you, I'm bogus at kayaking -- or canoeing, for what it's worth. I hope you won't mind too much!!"
    Bob

Male
    Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Canoeing (private for Bob and myself) Empty Re: Canoeing (private for Bob and myself)

Post by Bob 8/15/2014, 2:51 am

The Ares cabin was sort of brutish at times, and non more so than with wake up calls. John was sleeping soundly again like always, it was kind of his thing, only to have someone slap his face and punch his shoulder. He grumbled slightly saying, "Oww you could have just nudged me." When he opened his eyes he could see a fellow child of Ares. Generally when someone had to wake him up it was either because he did something stupid or it was for some stupid cabin event. Well they weren't stupid but they did use up a lot of time, and sometimes had John doing random stuff he could care less for.

"What is it this time Jeff," John grumbled, to which his cabin-mate responded, "Cabin activities, we're doing something with the Aphrodite cabin." Oh brother the perfect combination, but hey it sort of worked as Aphrodite and Ares sort of did have a relationship going on last time John checked. "Fine fine fine, I'll be out there in a second," John grumbled as Jeff walked away.

John begrudgingly got out of bed as he put on his normal attire, a white wife-beater, a pair of semi-baggie jeans, and a pair of blueish black sneakers. It was casual, and nice. With that he walked out to see what the cabin activity today was.

Outside he found Jeff who spoke, "Okay so canoeing today best head down to the lake, I'll race yah ready set go." And Jeff went of sprinting. John just grumbled he didn't feel like running so he continued to nonchalantly walk all the way down to the lake. The lake was actually a place John didn't visit as often as he should. It was a nice place but there was never a need for him to go down there, unless it was for a cabin activity like today.

By the time John had reached the beach he could see the groups from both cabins had arrived, and a lady had just started calling out names. He then heard his name called to which he raised his hand saying, "Hey-yo."

He didn't see his canoe mate, but luckily she saw him, as John peered to see a girl about his age walking over in a way too fancy way. "Hi," He said with a grin in response to the girls greeting at him. He wondered what the added la on his name was for, but he figured it would be best to not push it, or say anything about it really. "It would seem so, and yeah I guess it's bubbly (He has no idea what something being bubbly wold even mean.)"

"Eh it's fine I'm not the best at canoeing or kayaking either," John said with a moderate grin. He examined his boat mate and yup definitely a daughter of Aphrodite. Pretty features mixed with make-up and Jewelry. As well complex hair, and the smell of perfume. The girls of the cabin and the boys also enjoyed making themselves fancy. Tis the way of the Goddess of love though.

"Never really bothered to do this much," John said then again what did he bother to do a lot. Tricky and unanswerable question. Wait it did have an answer sleeping and lounging brilliant.

"Well best to find a boat then I'll let you pick," John said with a yawn, "Sorry if I sound tired my Half-brothers aren't the best alarm clocks in the world." No they weren't.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Canoeing (private for Bob and myself) Empty Re: Canoeing (private for Bob and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 8/17/2014, 11:06 am

OOC: Just as info, I base Cleo off the Pretties from the Uglies series, so she's vain, shallow and superficial, and uses the slang the Pretties in the books use ("bubbly" for anything positive, "bogus" for the rest, "-la" and "-wa" as suffixes after names"). She even looks like a Pretty.

BIC: "I'm a bit tired too," Cleo confessed, putting a hand against her forehead while briefly closing her eyes. "In Spain I usually sleep till, like, 10 am minimum. Waking up at eight is bogus."

"Come on, to the boats!" The mentor called, and Cleo spun around with grace to examine the boats. Which one was the prettiest? Not this one, the paint was basically falling off... How about this one?

"Beat it, bish, that one's mine," she heard and was shoved aside by a small girl with flaming red curls. Cleo recognized her as Chiara, one of those despicable Ares bullies. She didn't even know how to dress, and her haircut was a pure mess.

"Watch it, you almost put mud on my shoes!"

Chiara just snickered derisivly, imitated by a couple of Ares kids, a bulky blonde girl, a tough muscled guy and a taller girl with glasses and equally red hair. Sighing, Cleo rolled her eyes at them and finally found an acceptable canoe (even though Cleo would've painted it in pastel blue rather than that old green), and gestured at John. The gems of her Bulgari bracelet glittered up with the movement.

She carefully stepped in, placing a light hand on John's shoulder to support herself (or pretend to, at least) and sat down at the front of the boat. It wobbled and swayed a bit, but it was okay. She brushed the water with one of her manicured hands - cooold - and quickly dried it with a tissue she carried a little pack of in her handbag. Her carefully varnished nails were still glistening with water, the yellow, red and orange colors beaded with small droplets, and she took her time rubbing the tissue across them before listening to what the mentor had to say. There, they looked perfect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 11:52 pm