A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Alucard Tepes, Son Of Thanatos

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Alucard Tepes, Son Of Thanatos Empty Re: Alucard Tepes, Son Of Thanatos

Post by Kendall 8/23/2014, 2:27 pm

Your character is rather unnaturally tall -- please reduce his height a bit.

The hellhound is a bit too big; I think they're usually supposed to be the size of an average Rottweiler at most. Also, why does it have 6 eyes? Can it shadow-travel at all?

For weapons:
    - You state your character has 3 primary weapons but list only 2. Where's the third -- or is it the spoiler about his armor that you placed after his Personality section? (By the way, that's a lot of armor -- he would be slowed down a lot with that much stuff on. Also, what parts of his jumpsuit are Stygian iron?)
    - Your character's claymore is also very large -- even if your character is very strong I doubt he'd be able to lift it and use it properly if it's that size, so you'll need to reduce its dimensions.
    - Do you have any pictures of what his scythe actually looks like? It sounds like it might have some issues with being balanced. plus I don't know why you'd need more than one blade?
    - " The scythe... has a 5 foot long Stygian iron chain connected to a Stygian Iron Manacle on one side and connected to the bottom of the scythe on the other side." So, your overall scythe would look something like this? (pardon the poor drawing; it's MS Paint):
    - I feel like the unremovable-manacle thing might be a bit much?

Spoiler:

I think your character should exhibit more signs of weariness after using his powers even just 3-5 times. Can his undead soldiers be killed normally (ie: head chopped off) or do they repair themselves once or twice?

Also, how did your character defeat a Cyclops when he was 9? Where did he get the dagger (his mom who got it from his dad)? How did he and Sapphire find out about and get to camp?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/23/2014, 3:11 pm

I might have edited my post to include some other things while you were editing, so sorry about that:

Also, how did your character defeat a Cyclops when he was 9? Where did he get the dagger (his mom who got it from his dad)? How did he and Sapphire find out about and get to camp?

I feel like the unremovable-manacle thing might be a bit much?

Can his undead soldiers be killed normally (ie: head chopped off) or do they repair themselves once or twice?

When you say his hair length and style vary with mood, I suppose you mean he just cuts it whenever he feels like it?

Try reducing his height a bit more.

I don't know, I feel like the scythe would be just fine with 1 curved blade rather than three total one under the other. It's a nice design, sure, but it doesn't sound like it'd be very balanced while it's being swung. Also, the average claymore was about 4'5" -- so try reducing its size a bit more.

How much is he slowed down by his armor?

Also, I think your RP Example should be about the character you're applying for, not one of your other characters?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 8/26/2014, 4:28 am

I feel you should reduce his height to 1m90 or so.
    How big is the claymore?
    How did a seven years old child manage to kill a Cyclops through the head? There's some massive height difference.

So the scythe has one real blade and two decorative ones? Because if one cuts through something, the others will just follow and the only one to cut will be the first blade...
    Rest looks good :)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2014, 6:32 pm

Add more to his personality that doesn't have anything to do with fighting.

Powers:
    - Add in more frequent cool-down times for the shadow-travel.
    - What's the cool-down for the skeleton summoning?

I don't think we'd allow Thanatos to have given Alucard's mom a dagger to give to him? Again, it would be basically impossible for a 7 year old to kill a Cyclops anyway. Pick another smaller monster. Also, did Thanatos tell your character's mom about where camp was? Who was the demigod who brought the kids to camp?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2014, 6:58 pm

Increase the cool-down time between shadow-travel usages a bit more -- say, to 15 minutes -- and you seem good in that area.

How did his mother come into contact with camp? I don't think a slice to the back would be enough to make a hellhound collapse. How did Jeff Fisher know to come for the kids -- was he friends with the parents of Alucard and Sapphire?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/5/2014, 8:12 pm

I asked you to add in more frequent cool-down times between shadow-travels -- if I remember correctly, you changed it to 2 shadow-travels before the cool-down kicked in. Edit it back to that, with the 15 minutes still intact, and then I can approve this.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/5/2014, 8:37 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content