A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Hiding In The Shadows.

monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female
    Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2013-12-22

Hiding In The Shadows. Empty Hiding In The Shadows.

Post by monster hunter 11/9/2014, 1:27 pm

Annie was hiding in the trees swinging to a different branch each time. She doesnt swing that high. As she was swinging she was in deep thought. She stopped swinging and now was swaying with the cool breeze. She sighed and let go almost falling down but she's on her feet as soon as it happened. "I seriously need to learn how to land." Annie murmured to herself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Hiding In The Shadows. Empty Re: Hiding In The Shadows.

Post by Morgan Landry 11/10/2014, 1:07 pm

Sawyer didn't normally spend a lot of time in the forest, except for Capture-the-Flag and when she had to go to Bunker 9. The rest of the time, she stayed in the built area of Camp Half-Blood, mainly her cabin, the forge, and the basketball court.
    Today though, she was out in the woods to test prototypes of monster traps she had drafted yesterday in the forge. Despite being large and complex, the traps were easily folded into small bags, which Sawyer was carrying around in her backpack. The daughter of Hephaestus was looking at the ground to see signs of monster tracks: broken bushes, big foot prints, traces of slithering, claw marks on tree bark... She finally stopped next to a rather large tree, nodded at a couple of nymphs who were coming out of their trunks to see what she was doing, and opened the first bag.
    Very carefully, she put the beacon between the roots; she had assembled it from an old deo spray and her alarm clock from ninth grade, stuffed in there one of her now-too-small shirts with a ham sandwich and raw meat. A system of spraying would spread the smell around clockwise so that the surroundings would soon have a demigod scent. An opaque hologram of a sitting teenager was then projected on the roots -- Sawyer had spent hours getting it right -- then she spread the delicate translucent netting around. If a monster stepped on it, the net would stick to it and release a powerful acid partly made from Lethe water -- she was grateful Clovis had accepted for her to take bit from their cabin -- so not only would it hurt the monsters greatly, it would also make them forget who they are.

Her hands caked in earth, her broken nails dirty, Sawyer looked at the job she had done. With the leaves and grass, the transparent net was completely invisible, and the hologram appeared just like a normal asleep fourteen-fifteen-years-old kid would, with the head on the trunk and their jacket wrapped around him for warmth and comfort.

She was just about to go find another spot for her next trap when she saw movement to her right. It was a girl, younger than her, with dark hair and brown eyes. She was pretty, Sawyer noted, as the girl jumped from a branch and mumbled something to herself.

"Be careful where you step," the daughter of Hephaestus told her in her deep, masculine voice. "I just put up a trap here. With the calibration it shouldn't get triggered by demigods or nymphs, but better safe than sorry."

The tall Latino girl was wearing large camouflage pants with hiking boots and a quite ragged white tank top, with black burns and oil stains. It showed the huge muscles of her shoulders and forearms, her corded neck and her strong collarbones. Her skin was as usual bruised, burned and blistered, all in all not exactly attractive, and her greasy black hair was bound up in a high ponytail.
    monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female

Post by monster hunter 11/10/2014, 5:23 pm

Annie kept swinging this time she went higher to see if she would land correctly. She swung high in the tall trees. Annie was not thinking where to land. All she thought of its how nice paranormal things are. Annie lost her grip and fell tumbling through tree branches.

She let out a lound yell of the word "Yolo!". She tumbled and possibly twisted her ankle and sprained her wrist. So she held on with her right hand. Sure, it hurt but t was her strongest. "I've been though worst a small sprain and a twist won't hurt!" Annie said loudly to herself. Her hands were bruised with cuts from the bark. Annie climbed to the top of the tall trees and yelled "YOLO!!" and with that she jumped to another tree clearly visable to all.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/13/2014, 3:41 pm

The girl straight out ignored her, yelling YOLO! whilst jumping from tree to tree. She was very high up, if she fell now she could break her neck or snap her spine... Sawyer crossed her huge arms and looked up.

"Hey," she said in a loud voice. "Girl. Get down from there. You've got a sprained wrist and a twisted ankle, you're gonna kill yourself."
    monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female

Post by monster hunter 11/13/2014, 5:30 pm

Annie looked at her confused. "Relax! I do this all the time! See!" She yelled and jumped down to the lowest tree but slipped on a branch. "Woe!" She yelped but she caught her footing and landed almost proving the other girl right. "See, I'm unharmed." She said lifting her hands up. Almost everything was fine except that she had scratches from climbling the tree and sliping a few times but it was minor. "I'm Annie, Annie Moss. What's your name?" Annie asked wipping tree branches out her hair and getting a few bloody spots cleaned up. Annie carefully walked around the traps studying them. "Ahh.. so your the trap builder." She giggled. "You might want to check your trap by that tree its been their for a while. It also has the same interior as your other traps. I sorta broke it a part. It was very easy to do anyways. I'm not child of Hephaestus but it wasn't all that hard to brake." She stated and handed the girl a few gears and wires that goes to the trap.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/13/2014, 9:55 pm

"Well you certainly have a death wish," Sawyer commented in her deep voice. "I'm Sawyer Ferreira, cabin nine, all that stuff. Are you sure you're alright, because that ankle and that wrist don't look fine to me."

The girl kind of skipped around on one foot, gazing at another trap that Sawyer didn't know of. "That one wasn't mine. I rarely put up traps in the forest and these ones here are prototypes," she said, gesturing to the small bags in which she had folded her own monster traps. Though she came closer to the trap Annie was talking about, crouched and took it in her hands. The girl obviously didn't know a lot about traps if she thought that these ones had the same interior as the ones she was putting out here because her traps didn't have an interior or something. Except if you count the old deo spray, which this trap here didn't possess. "This ain't cabin nine stuff. Looks pretty amateurish. I'm just gonna leave it there for whoever made it to come and check on it later, but one thing girl, it's not cool to walk around breaking people's traps. Like, we spend time on that. A lot of time. Drawing the plans, getting the material, forging, putting everything together, calibrating, testing, re-calibrating... It takes time, work and effort. It'd be cool if that was appreciated." The tall Brazilian girl frowned down at Annie, dwarfing her with her 6 feet 5 inches, the burn on her face glistening a bit with the sunlight filtering through the leaves.
    monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female

Post by monster hunter 11/14/2014, 11:36 pm

Annie rolled her eyes. She didnt want to seem mean but it sorta came out that way. "Look, I'm fine ok. Now continue doing your thing and i will do mines." Annie said bluntly and started to climb a tree. As she was half way there her sprained foot slip and she landed right on it breaking it. Annie mumbled some curse words. She tried to climb the tree again but fell on her back. "Ugh.." That was all Annie could manage to say. She tried to get back up but the pain soared to her head and leg. "Yup, thats definatly broken." Annie looked at it crossed eyed and giggled. "Wow! It's funny aint it? I was climbing a tree and fell on my twisted ankle and broke it eh? Seems like luck is on my side!" Annie said sarcasticlly and laughed. Annie held onto the branches and climbed herself back up. A few yelps from the pain. Annie was trying to climb the tree again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/17/2014, 12:43 pm

"Suit yourself," Sawyer shrugged. If the kid wanted to play leave-me-alone-I'm-grown-up and act all tough and mighty, that was her problem.

She turned away, showing her lack of care, and was about to go to another spot when she heard a thud and a crack and turned around.

"Whaaat did you do," she sighed, to what Annie replied with something sarcastic. Sawyer rolled her eyes and walked over to her as she tried to climb the tree again. "Uh-uh, come here, kid," she said and put her hands either side of her waist to catch her in case she fell but also to grab her before she could climb any higher. "You're gonna fall and snap your neck, if that's what you want, do it, but another time. Right now it's my duty to take care of you seeing I can't just let you kill yourself here, you're injured, you're my responsibility."
    monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female

Post by monster hunter 11/17/2014, 4:44 pm

Annie looked at her like she was crazy. "Hn...How am I your responsibility?" Annie said. She took one more step upwards using only one foot and a grasp of luck. "See I can make another swing!" Annie said lightly. She grabbed a branch and swung slightly. She swung a little faster. Annie swung held onto another branch. Her face clearly expressed pain but her eyes hid it well. Her ears felt hot to her, her hands got sweaty, she was using to much muscile than she could manage. "Okay... I'm done." Annie said dropping down. Good thing she landed flat on her bum. She let out a sigh of relief. "I didn't land on my foot!" She thought. Annie sighed. "I spent to much time on my own... I need help.. But I dont want to take her help. I barely know who she is!" Annie thought. Annie layed down in the leaves. Red and black spots danced in her vison. She tried to use her hand to follow the dots. "Weee oohh! POP!" Annie made a somewhat close to a police car with a very much needed oil change or a loose belt. "I sound like a car that needs it belt replaced... Weeee!" Annie said still following the "dots" she saw.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/17/2014, 5:47 pm

"Look, you're injured in a wood full of monsters, I'm older and stronger than you and I'm the only person around here. Logic and morality established by three millennia of human evolution require me to take care of you, so that makes you my responsibility."

But then she slipped away and balanced on another branch while Sawyer discretely rolled her eyes. How long is she gonna keep this up? I got traps to put up and weapons to finish. Annie fell on her bottom, which was lucky -- except if she broke her coccyx. That'd suck. And started making weird car noises.

"Okay, come along now. I got a bit of ambrosia to keep you going but you'd still have to let an Apollo kid take a look at your foot afterwards just to be sure," she said, wiping her dirty hands on her camo pants before pushing one into a side pocket and retrieving the plastic bag filled with ambrosia squares. "Have a tiny bit," she said and threw the pack to her. "You're not about to die."
    monster hunter
    monster hunter

Female

Post by monster hunter 11/17/2014, 6:46 pm

"Weee! I GOT THE DOT!" Annie yelled. In her mind she caught the red dot in reaility what she had caught was air. "Food? But I ate lunch....." Annie said confused but took a bite anyways. "This is so good." Annie said then she put her head down. She went back to making the car sounds or a dying rat sound.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:22 am