A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

don't you know that'll kill you?

Watsky
    Watsky

Female
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2011-01-02

don't you know that'll kill you? Empty don't you know that'll kill you?

Post by Watsky 11/16/2014, 9:36 pm

The forges were dark all the time, and smelled of burning metal and the clanging sounds of hard work rang in his ears. The kids in there were so focused that they didn't notice when Lou Hiatt walked into the forges. The place almost unbearably hot, but Lou had already spent most of the day with shirt off, now hanging out his back pocket. Most of camp had seen his abs (or lack of) as he searched for a place to smoke in peace. It was almost tedious at this point, but an addiction is an addiction, he supposed.
    No one even looked up as Lou lit a cigarette, placed gently between his thin lips. He almost felt a pang of sadness as he remembered how similar it was to Detroit. Almost.
    Running a hand through his hair, Lou wondered how many cigarettes he would go through today, and when he'd go out to steal buy more. Yeah. Buy. He was old enough now. Just kidding, he thought. A small chuckle escaped his lips. And then he almost gagged at himself. What a cliche.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

don't you know that'll kill you? Empty Re: don't you know that'll kill you?

Post by honey 11/26/2014, 9:52 pm

i'm doing this for the thrill of it, killing it
    never not chasing the million things i want

don't you know that'll kill you? 12dfab73133ba2757b462f7e3f7ccac9
    jude ahearne
    jude's stooped to the level of concealing his whiskey in a god damn thermos. he can only hope it doesn't get warm until he finds somewhere to drink. it's a good thing that he can definitely hold his liquor--he's the polar opposite of a lightweight, and even if he does get sloshed, he's an angry drunk, so it's not much of a change, honestly.

he's wandering around camp, and the idea comes to him that no one except the hephaestus kids go to the forge. so he gets there, turns the corner, but there's some bloke smoking in the corner.

"oi," jude grins lazily, "this spot taken?"

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 11/27/2014, 10:43 am

Lou looked up quickly, startled by the voice. "Uh," he mumbled, moving over on his wall. He didn't expect anyone to notice him or even see him for that matter. He held his hand out as if to say, 'here,' and nodded. He gave the boy a small smile and returned to his cig for a moment. Lou looked and him up and down with skeptical, questioning eyes. Ultimately, he stuck out his other hand (his right one) for the boy to shake and widened his smile. "I'm Lou. I hope the smell of smoke doesn't bother you."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/28/2014, 12:47 pm

jude ahearne
    the bloke looked uncomfortable, staring at jude with his cigarette between his teeth, until he shifted over. jude leaned against the wall, uncapped his thermos and took a swig. he ignored the bloke's uncertain gaze.

"i'm lou," lou said, and jude shook his hand, smiling again. it was his 'don't mind me, i'm harmless' smile, because at the moment lou looked alright.

"jude," he replied, and grinned crookedly at lou. he pulled two packs of cigs from the outside pocket of his backpack. "you kidding me? i practically live in it." which was true--a lot of the phobos kids seemed to think that smoking like a chimney made them look scarier or more intimidating, so there was a constant cloud of faint smoke in the phobos cabin. the cigs in jude's bag weren't actually for jude. he'd set up a trade system with the hermes kids, a black market sort of thing if you will. he traded cigs for alcohol and it worked just fine.

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 11/28/2014, 4:45 pm

Lou nodded and kept smoking. Kind of a dumb question, if he minds smoke. It's a forge. There's smoke everywhere. That's why you're in there, Lou, dumb ass.
    Lou watched Jude reach into his backpack and get the cigs, and physically felt his eyes dilate. Surely, the best way to meet a person is to steal their cigarettes. That's simply the best first impression possible. He didn't want to steal his cigarettes, noo, he had plenty. But he so wanted to steal his cigarettes.
    "What's in the thermos?" He asked. It seemed so odd to drink something hot in a forge. Even with his shirt off, Lou was breaking a sweat. Maybe he'd get a six-pack from sweating the fat away.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/30/2014, 2:09 pm

jude ahearne
    he watched lou, watched his pupils enlarge into black pools. smirking, he tossed a pack to lou, and winked. he was obviously some sort of addict, so why not? maybe he'd get some favour in exchange later.

he takes another swig, swallows. "whiskey. want some?" he tilts the thermos towards lou. "unless you got some sort of sickness, then no, mate." because jude rarely got sick, and he did not need oral herpes or something. he had plans for himself, and getting sick was not part of them.

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 7:17 pm

Lou nodded towards Jude, taking the thermos from him. "I'm good, I swear." After a gulp of the liquid, he found his insides burning as much as his exterior, though it was expected. It felt good, but he wasn't much a drinking man. Smoke was usually his poison of choice, and as far as he was concerned, nicotine was better than alcohol by a long shot. At least he could still walk after a pack of cigarettes. Which he caught from Jude and tucked right into his pocket. He didn't like accepting free things from people, because usually they expected something in return. But a pack of cigs was easy to pay back. Five dollars? A beer or two?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 11:23 pm