A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A world apart

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

A world apart Empty A world apart

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/12/2014, 5:41 pm

Valerie picked up a smooth pebble, running the small stone through her fingers before tossing it towards the lake. It skimmed across it's surface a couple of times before disappearing into the cold depths with a plunk. She sighed explosively, as she repeated the action again with another pebble. Camp Half-blood felt different, it looked different and generally through her ice blue gaze happened to be completely different.
    Val had been gone for too long, now that she had returned the fourteen year old felt as though she did not belong here any more.
    All of her old friends, the old cabin leaders were gone, old foes gone, old comrades gone, old crushes... Very much so gone, faded to history.
    One which to many was but a distant memory, to Val they were still events she could recall easily.

It confused her.

Valerie wasn't very tall, reaching in at a meagre four foot nine. She looked quiet skinny which of course she was. Her hazel brown hair lay trapped, tied up in a loose bun. She wore a Camp Half-blood t-shirt which happened to be the standard orange in colouration and looked to be a size too big for her, dull blue skinny jeans and black trainers.
    Returning to camp had been a traumatic time once the true extent as to how long she'd been gone for became clear. Val could be quite talkative but still preferred at times to seek solitude by herself. She struggled to get along with the new Apollo members even though some of them were older than her.
    Still sixty four years had passed and she did not age a single day. Somehow she doubted that she would be going home to see her mother again.

So now her life would only ever revolve around this Camp Half-blood, one with few familiar faces. She felt almost as lost as when she first arrived all those years ago.
    Things had been different back then, not like today.
    Some days Val cried, she missed her friends, mourning them all as most if not all were dead and gone. At night in the Apollo cabin she often cried silently to sleep, she hated crying in the open. Valerie clung to her pride, she would not let that go without a fight. After all in her eyes so much had been torn away from her. What others viewed as history were however to this daughter of Apollo brand new events. Every death, every loss, everything all new.

She wished for the old days again as she threw another pebble this one bouncing five times before sinking. She wanted to be with her old friends again, Mira, Zack, Sam, Tommy, Brenda, Rachel, Fredrick, Max, Ryan and Suzzie.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

A world apart Empty Re: A world apart

Post by beanie 12/13/2014, 1:57 pm

BEAUTY QUEEN

Niamh was pretty comfortable living in the twentieth century. Sure, she likes some old artists like the Jackson 5 and other things but she'd rather live in a world where the fashions are hip and she can listen excitedly to Taylor Swift.

The weather was nice today so Niamh decided to take a little dip in the lake. Dressed in a pale pink tank top, denim shorts, pink flip flops, and and a dark pink (yes pink is her thing) bikini underneath, she had walked with some of the populars before waving them goodbye. There wasn't many people at the lake, some of the nike kids were playing cards nearby and she flashed them a small smile. Oh wait, is that.....?

"Val!" She squealed, running over and giving her friend a quick hug. Valerie was one of those friends Niamh actually has that are her age. Val was so sweet and Niamh loved to braid her hair into fishtails whenever they get together. "How's it going'?"

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/13/2014, 2:06 pm

Valerie jumped when Niamh called her name before hugging her. After a moment of pause she returned the hug. She liked Niamh even if she did have a pink thing. Pink wasn't Val's colour but she wasn't going to force her sense of fashion onto anyone, particularly when she really did not have one.
    She sighed at Niamh's question pulling away from her friend and looking out over the lake at the far shore, her distance and filled with sorrow.

"I'm okay... I miss my old friends back from before I ended up trapped in Lotus Hotel." She sounded sad, no depressed. "Everything here is not how I remember it... It's like starting again." Only this time her Satyr friend was no word to be found. In effect, she knew no one and no one knew her. At least she got to see what the future held.
    "I'm just feeling a little blue today." She admitted, Valerie lacked the warm smile that normally remained on her face. Even when she came to camp and everything was different, it didn't fade until she found out the year...

Then it swiftly vanished.

That night had been the worst, Valerie struggled to get to sleep in the Apollo cabin. She lay awake for most of the night starring into the blank, inky darkness that surrounded her. She wondered if technically she was older than most of the Campers but as she hadn't aged a day, she doubted she was.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 12/17/2014, 4:50 am

BEAUTY QUEEN

Val was sad, Nimah knew it. The blonde knew the story of the Lotus Hotel since Valerie had told her she they met. Niamh's lips were pressed thin as her friend confessed about feeling blue. Niamh couldn't relate since well, she's never been very blue before. 98% of the time she's all sunshines so sadly she couldn't relate. But she could try to make Valerie feel better.

"It was da past Val. At least ya got me did time." She gave her an encouraging smile before her eyes cast down to te water. Oh she needed to dip her feet in. Slipping her flip flops off, she plopped down on the grass before her feet entered the water. The coldness gave her tingles and she giggled.
    "Do ya think I'm wearin' too much pink?"

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/17/2014, 5:01 am

"Maybe but the past matters." Valerie replied forcing a smile onto her face. She watched her friend Niamh, stick her feet into the water. She could not help but laugh at her question. "I always think your wearing too much pink." Valerie teased her friend, sitting down near the edge of the water. But she made sure to keep herself out of it.
    She may have lost many friends however, she shouldn't allow herself to dwell on such a negative thought. She might have lost many friends but on the other hand Valerie had gained many new ones.

They could not replace those who were now gone, yet it never hurt to have new friends. Particularly when one had none left. Valerie looked over at the rest of the camp, it sure looked different in her opinion. At time she still found all of this to be quite mind boggling. Sometimes it seemed like a bad dream were she would wake up and find herself back in camp, back when ever was as she remembered it to be.
    "At least my cabin is still as I remembered it." She even had the same bed as before which suited her perfectly.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 12/21/2014, 5:13 pm

BEAUTY QUEEN

"Put pink is my thiiiiiiing." Niamh playfully whined while fakig a pout. It wasn't her fault that she loves pink-well actually, it was her fault. Her internal babbling made her giggle a little.
    The moment would've been fine if Valerie didn't speak her mind. Apparently the past was important. But Niamh didn't like the past. Her past had hurtful memories that she wants to forget. The talk of the past was making her a little sad so she needed to laugh or else.

"Ya need to cool off." Niamh giggled, slicking some water at Val. Oh gods she might be starting Water War 3 if this continues. "Ya are boring me."

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/21/2014, 6:27 pm

Valerie tried to shield herself with a hand from the cool water splashed her way. "Maybe I don't know... It's complicated forget I said anything." She forced herself to smile and sighed. "I'm glad your here it's good to have a best friend." Her smile became a genuine one. Valerie considered splashing her friend back, but she was concerned that might start a water fight, which was something that could rapidly escalate out of control.

"I never did ask you why pink was or is your thing for?" Valerie could not think of a reason why, except perhaps the most logical one of all, it happened to be Niamh's favourite colour. While she waited for an answer, she shuffled slightly closer to the water's edge but remained clear of it still.
    "Another question for you if you could go on a date with anyone at camp no questions asked who would you go with?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 12/25/2014, 11:08 am

BEAUTY QUEEN

"Complicated?" Niamh repeated, a little confused. Actually she found Valerie always confusing, with her old timey stories that always left her with questions and sometimes sad attitude. Niamh didn't care about that, Valerie was still a good friend, just very confusing. She may be old but she's still her best friend. "Aweeeeee, I always knew I was ya best friend!" She giggled, playfully winking at Valerie while splashing some water around.

"Wellllllll...." She giggled at the thought of her natural color. "It could be an Aphrodite thing or just that I used to dress up in it a lot as a little girl." Then the dating question came. Niamh giggled, she already had her pick. A certain son of Hermes that is both adorable, hot, and all prince charming. "His name is Hunter and he's ma boyfriend. He's adorable."

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/25/2014, 11:51 am

Valerie could not help but feel a little sad inside, everyone she knew was gone, the world as she knew it, to everyone else happened to be history. She sometimes felt like she didn't belong here, the world too different to how she remembered it. Val returned the wink at Niamh. "Of course you are my best friend."

"Your probably the person I am closest too at Camp." She added. Valerie listened to her talk about why she wore the colour pink and who she was currently dating. Valerie tried not to feel to envious, she would have loved to have a boyfriend of her own. Yet currently she didn't feel comfortable with the idea of dating anyone, her mind happened to be too messed up to cope with the pressures of dating. Right now, she could find comfort and happiness in the form of her friends.

Though she wouldn't mind one of the sons of Ares. They were always cute. It was a shame her friend died in Las Vegas, well she said the term friend loosely. Val once had a massive crush on him, hence why they were on the combat mission together. Yet, clearly destiny did not intend for them to be together. In a way one might be able to compare their love to Greek tragedy, a hero falling unknowing that the love he felt was shared.
    Such is the way of things sadly.

"Is Hunter cute then?" Valerie questioned, not really certain how to ask about someone's boyfriend so just asked a generic question.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 10:36 am