A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+12
jake.
Rhyolo
Poptart
Green
Morgan Landry
Lindsey Callaghan
Kendall
High King Fridgeir
Shade
DeadlyLynx
Mason
mabel pines
16 posters

Olympus Trip [Greeks]

DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Registration date : 2014-12-15

Olympus Trip [Greeks] - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympus Trip [Greeks]

Post by DeadlyLynx 12/22/2014, 11:00 am

Justin sat by a fountain, watching all the Demigods stroll casually into the hall, not one of them took notice of him. This had been his first Olympus visit, and he wanted to know as much as he could asbout his Mother, his Father and what happened beforehand. Now, Justin realised it had all been a mistake to ask. He couldn't see his mother from this angle, but he saw other's heading in her direction. His mother had said she was sorry to leave Justin with his father.
    "Why couldn't she intervene if she was that sorry?" he asked himself.
    Justin picked up a small pepple from the edge of the pathway, and threw it away, hoping it would release some of his anger.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 12/22/2014, 1:13 pm

OOC: I edited my last post because I realized Lakisha wouldn't kneel. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BIC: Lakisha took her sunglasses off to look at her mother, a smile twitching a corner of her lips. "Why, I've come to make some chit chat," she replied in an amused, haughty voice. "Let's start with the basics. How have you been since our last meeting?"

She wasn't the only one to have dressed up but there again, she always dressed in expensive and classy clothes -- her family literally bled money -- not to mention the money she made on her own secretly.. Thieving. Still, she wanted to dress today like she'd dress in one of those Swedish high society receptions she attended with her father and grandfather. A touch of respect to her mother despite their history.
    Milocross
    Milocross
    3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
    Number of posts : 7772
    Registration date : 2010-01-08

Post by Milocross 12/22/2014, 1:15 pm

The young Demi-Titan, Wolfgang, slowly walked around, shuffling through crowds of people waiting to talk to their parents. The Aphrodite children were in huge numbers, and he smirked at the thought of their mothers whereabouts. Wandering around, he searched for his father, Oceanus. While lines were normally very large, he expected no one to stand in line with him, as he wasn't aware of any siblings he might have. He wondered for a moment if titans would even bother to show up. He was reminded of many people he knew while looking at the gods before him. He passed by Hecate, whom Rita resembled greatly. Diane didn't resemble Apollo so much, maybe they had the same hair color? Even Diane had forgotten what color her hair originally was. Then he passed by..... Erida. Oh boy. Her children didn't resemble her at all, and as far as Wolfgang knew, they all hated each other. He continued his search for his father, tripping and getting squished by the people around him.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/22/2014, 3:49 pm

X wrote:Alucard was currently quite apprehensive. This was the first time that he had been separate from him master, Sapphire, in such a large place for so long, and he still could not find his father. However, Alucard then spotted his father, Thanatos, dutifully standing near Hades, his father's equivalent of Sapphire. Approaching him, Alucard knelt and said, in a warm tone he reserved only for those close to him, "Greetings father. I trust you have been well?"

Thanatos had spent the past five minutes scrolling through his iPhone, watching innumerable names and dates scroll past his eyes with the flick of a finger on the screen. What a wonderful time of year it was to die -- surrounded by family and friends, with the harsh cold outside and the warmth of a lit fireplace inside. Of course, it wouldn't exactly be proper to die because of some stupid accident -- how many times had Thanatos come to collect the soul of a poor mortal who fell off the ladder trying to hang up Christmas lights?

But, at Hades's nudge, the god had put his phone away -- one of his children had arrived to speak to him. He had many, surely -- one of the largest cabins in camp, perhaps rivaling Hermes' and Apollo's cabins if he could reckon the population.

It was one of his sons -- a tall boy, dressed in dark clothing. Alucard, he thought his name was; he was often so busy, he couldn't check on his children very much. But Thanatos wouldn't really need to address him by name -- just a "son" or something along those lines would suffice, or the boy would even offer up his name himself! Thanatos was rather bad with names; he just knew faces and dates, given his job.

"Hello," he said to the demigod, nodding at him to rise. "I have been well -- as well as one who is often so busy destroying lives, I suppose. And you -- how has camp been treating you?"

High King Fridgeir wrote:"I have been fine," I lied. In truth my nightmares have been getting worse. Each time he slept, his nightmares would increase in intensity. And what was worse was that he would usually get his cabinmates to wake up. And he would accidentally activate his power in his sleep, causing people in his cabin to suffer as he suffered.
    I say, "I have been great. I like camp. It is great that I can practice my archery in the forest against live targets. My dad would never take me out to hunt deer."

Epiales tilted his head to the side, watching the boy closely before he remembered -- aah, yes. Son of the god of nightmares having nightmares, how ironic. He had seen some of the things his son had dreamt, but never would or could intervene; that wasn't his style. He only caused the nightmares, but preventing them was a whole 'nother story that he and Morpheus and Phobetor liked to shove to the side. "Are you sure? I don't know much about my kids, but I do know they don't get a lot of sleep."

------------------------

Persephone smiled at him, shifting on her chair to lean just a bit closer. The parka, on second thought, didn't look so bad close-up; the orange was a bit overwhelming, though. "Well, I'm not sure how I feel about live targets -- nature is wonderful, aside from the few nasty creatures that the gods have spit up over the years. If that's how you'll learn to better defend yourself from monsters, however, I can't really complain."

Her mother would have a field day over this, truly.

Rhyan Landry wrote:Rhyolo wore a leather jacket, a red t shirt, black combat boots, and blue jeans. The trip was long but it would be worth it. As he went up the elavator he thought. Then he found him self in the elevator alone and the door closing to Olympus. He snapped out of it and ran out of the door last second. He walked around then he found his dad. "Heey dad." Rhy smiles.

Rocky was ready to meet his mom for the first time. Then he saw his mother and all of her greatness. She was golden. Quite litterally. He wore LeBron 12's, Nike sweatpants, and a Nike hoodie. He then went to his mom. "Hello mom."

Pyriphlgethon didn't have that many kids, so checking his watch constantly was the most logical thing to do when one wanted time to fly by. Clad in a black hoodie with the words "Property of the Underworld" emblazoned on it in red letters and a simple pair of Nikes (courtesy of the goddess Nike) and jeans, he looked like any regular Joe walking around New York City. Besides the fiery red eyes, of course, that burned as brightly as any regular bonfire. That was probably why he was god of the Underworld's river of fire.

He coughed into the crook of his arm, watching the elevator closely: a whole group of kids went out, but then, just as the doors had begun to shut, out rushed a tall boy in a leather jacket, who then made a beeline straight for him. The god laughed and held out his hand to his son: "Rhy, it's good to see you. How've you been, kiddo?"

-----------------------------

The victor's laurels on her head was slipping off again, Nike noticed sourly as she flicked it back into place. Her golden-blonde hair was up in a ponytail, which perfectly fit her at the moment: tracksuit, (Nike) running shoes, water bottle. Ready to run in a marathon, it looked like. Her conversations with her kids were supposed to be curt, to the point -- she had no time to waste dilly-dallying around.

She wasn't much surprised when one of her other sons came by -- Rocky, was it? Rocky. Right. She looked him up and down, scrutinizing him: a well-behaved boy, surely, but he still had a while to go before he reached full potential. "Hello, Rocky. How are you?"

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:"Erm... With respect I'll pass but thank you for the offer." Her voice was curt, polite not really sounding like someone would around their mother. She stood up slowly. "I try my best mom it would ruin my relationship if I died." She smirked amused by her comment. Lindsey had no way of knowing if Nemesis approved of her relationship with Falko or not. It would not have stopped her if Nemesis didn't approved, however having a god against you wouldn't be the greatest thing for it.
    "How are thing here on Olympus?" She inquired politely

Nemesis waved her free hand as she pocketed the lollipop, letting it slide into infinity down into her jacket where she would probably never find it again until she did her laundry. Thanks, Hecate.

"Oh, 'lympus? It's good, I guess. We're still sort of repairing stuff from what's happened with the past two wars, the gods are still all cranky about who chose what side. 'pparently, I'm dangerous or something, but that's what happens when you're goddess of revenge." She shrugged casually. It was no matter to her; she had sided with Kronos in the first war against the gods, but then Percy Jackson waddled along, allegedly made things better. What a load of crock. The gods were every bit as bratty as before, only now they were still divided, if only internally obvious to them. Nemesis had little to fear, though, because they were rather united, if only to repair the damage that had been done during both wars.

harry styles. wrote:dally casually walked into olympus, his (for today) green dyed hair slightly wet from swimming earlier in the lake. honestly, he had decided not to come shirtless as that would be... well, anyways. he was whistling happily as he walked over to the throne room, scanning it for his mother, iris. a towel was slung lazily across his shoulder, and he was wearing a pair of bermuda swimming trunks, aswell as a red tank top. he was a bit of a colour-clasher, and, well, he guessed he had gotten that from his mother. goddess of rainbows and all that jazz. his eyes perked up when he saw her, and he fast-walked/skipped towards her. he cleared his throat. "h-hey, mum." he mumbled, and gave her a shy smile.

miles walked into olympus, his flip flops clicking as he walked in. he as whistling the spongebob tune and clicking his tongue occasionally. honestly, leave it to miles to come to meet his dad and wear flip flops. he just hoped his dad liked flip flops, too. he had gelled his hair back a bit, but not too much. he preferred leaving it wild and unruly. he was wearing some black jeans and a camp half blood t-shirt. he had been invited to the olympus trips for nine years now, ever since he came to camp. but every time, he decided it would be a bit embarassing to meet his dad, so he declined the offer. today he manned up and walked towards the throne room, frowning as he searched for his dad in all the commotion. eventually he saw him, and he walked hesitantly up to him, giving him a crooked grin. "ahoy, paps!" he said in his bright irish accent. he had wanted to bring maddy along, but he didn't really know if she was coming or not. he was kind of dissapointed when he didn't see her among the campers... well. really dissapointed. but miles just tried to be happy for a bit, talk to his dad, and then possibly talk amongst the other campers for a bit before taking the bus back to camp.

Iris had worn her best tie-dyed shirt for this occasion -- Olympus visits were always so interesting. So many children, so little time. She liked to play a little game: Which child belonged to which god? There was, often, a passing resemblance those adorable toddlers had to their parents, or at least one of the many forms Iris had seen them take over the years. It was all good fun; she had beaten Athena in accuracy during the last summer solstice, but only barely. Currently, she had a 64% accuracy rate in comparison to Athena's 67%, but that could easily change within the next few hours.

And so, watching the paths of all these demigods, she dreamily leaned with her elbows on the table, trying to watch intently but sorely failing. So many beautiful colors in the room: the Muses had decorated it the thrones with tinsel and little plastic or glass ornaments hanging from fixtures. The reds and greens and --

"H-hey, mum."

She turned her head quickly, startled for a moment before she relaxed, recognizing the face. She knew all her children's faces well. "Dally? Oh, my, aren't you quite the looker. Welcome to Olympus!"

---------------------------

There were some sick waves in Hawaii right now, and Briareus was gonna go surf with Poseidon and Triton and Psamathe after this was all done -- but he still had a few hours to go.

His surfboard leaned up against the wall of the throne room, ready to go; it was decades old, but thanks to a little charm from Hephaestus it was still good as new, just needed to be waxed occasionally. He had gone for a rather plain design: white throughout the middle, with blue half-ovals taking up most of the sides. He called her the Whale because of her size -- fifteen feet long, which was rather large compared to the mortals' normal surfboards. Of course, they weren't as tall as him, who towered at about seven feet tall instead of the normal mortals' six feet.

Exhaling through his nose, Briareus looked at her longing; his sandaled feet were propped up on a table half-covered with refreshments for the demigods, all that unhealthy soda and Kool-Aid crap. He liked classic old water himself.

He was still staring at his surfboard when he heard a rather familiar Irish accent near him -- he couldn't quite place it when he turned, squinting at the boy before recognizing him. Briareus held up a hand in greeting. "'Sup, Miles? How's everythin'? You're lookin' awfully snazzy today, is it Olympus Fashion Week again?"

Green wrote:The daughter of Wisdom smiled. "I'm doing quite well, thank you."She courtesyed and moved a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad that I am finally able to meet my blessed madre face-to-face." Hilda chuckled lightly amf reached into her purse that was slung over her chest and pulled out a jar of fresh olive oil. "An offering."She smiled and offered the jar to Athena.

Nizamat decided to make the ascent to Olympus. He wondered if his father, Set , would be there since it was the home of Greek gods and goddesses. He stuck his thumbs in his pocket and leaned himself up against a wall, looking the beautiful temple over.

Olive oil? Well, that certainly would be messy if it spilled, but....

Athena smiled and took the jar from her daughter gratefully, placing it on a little table beside her throne. Hopefully nobody would accidentally bump in to it, or that would certainly be an unfortunate accident. Glass and olive oil everywhere -- disgusting, truly. The goddess had no time to clean up after such petty little messes -- but she did have time to plan how to strangle Hermes, which was infinitely more important than some glass. "Thank you, that's very kind. I don't often receive presents from my children. Did you... make this yourself?"

------------------------

Set scratched his head irritably, absorbed in today's Olympus Weekly's crossword puzzle. The newspaper lay flat on his thighs, wrinkled and ripped slightly from the harsh scratch of his pen in the fury of his mad rush to finish the damned thing. The Greeks had invited him and several other Egyptian and Norse gods with children to Olympus, which they had accepted -- although he didn't know why, they weren't exactly on the best terms with them and there were few of those types of children anyway. It was all Greeks.

And if there was one thing that they knew how to do, it was to make crossword puzzles.

The Egyptian god swore to himself as he held his pen, dangerously hovering over one of three blank spaces left on his chart. If he didn't finish it within the hour, Thoth would have the right to -- well, let's not waste time thinking about that now. He rubbed his eye and looked around sourly at all the faces -- all these Greeks with their parents, presumably happy. He scratched his long nose and scanned the crowd -- to catch a view of a boy leaning against the wall. Surely that was one of his sons?

And surely, if the boy had any sense, he would see his father. It was hard to miss him, with his was-sceptre and his aardvark-like head that he had shifted into just to frighten a few of those silly Greeks.

moriarty wrote:Rebecca walked into Mount Olympus for the first time since getting to Camp. She had always been too nervous to meet Hebe. Her hair was straight, and she was wearing her typical leggings and long sweater, along with a chunky knit scarf. She hated having to walk out of Camp in the snow. Her Uggs always got ruined. Rebecca stood in the throne room, looking about, not even knowing what her mother looked like. She sighed and wandered around, hoping her mother would call out to her.

Hebe was almost literally bouncing off the walls.

Her throne had been placed in the back of the throne room, where most of the gods with only a few kids were always put -- so she was only a few feet from Nemesis, who had taken the liberty of offering her a few lollipops.

An unfortunate mistake. She was the goddess of youth, which sort of came with a propensity to get a little too hyperactive with too much sugar. Her poor digestive system wasn't used to processing mortals' artificial sugars.

Poor dear Clio had to listen to her jabbering about anything and everything, but she was taking it like a true champion worthy of Nike herself. Hebe was in a pair of skinny jeans and a light-blue blouse -- it was a little hard to move in those, but somehow she still could bounce up and down on her throne, chatting off Clio's ear whilst watching the conversations around her, waiting for some of her own children to enter.

"And, you know, the stock market in the United States has been doing pretty well," Hebe was saying. She couldn't see Clio's face, but she was sure the other goddess was in pain. She'd have to get her an apology gift basket soo -- " -- oh Zeus! Rebecca, hello! I'm over here. With Clio the cool cat. Do you mind if I call you that, Clio?"

Clio smiled wearily at her but said nothing.

DeadlyLynx wrote:
    Justin sat by a fountain, watching all the Demigods stroll casually into the hall, not one of them took notice of him. This had been his first Olympus visit, and he wanted to know as much as he could asbout his Mother, his Father and what happened beforehand. Now, Justin realised it had all been a mistake to ask. He couldn't see his mother from this angle, but he saw other's heading in her direction. His mother had said she was sorry to leave Justin with his father.
    "Why couldn't she intervene if she was that sorry?" he asked himself.
    Justin picked up a small pepple from the edge of the pathway, and threw it away, hoping it would release some of his anger.

[ooc: Aaannndd still not sure how to post here.]

Morgan Landry wrote:OOC: I edited my last post because I realized Lakisha wouldn't kneel. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BIC: Lakisha took her sunglasses off to look at her mother, a smile twitching a corner of her lips. "Why, I've come to make some chit chat," she replied in an amused, haughty voice. "Let's start with the basics. How have you been since our last meeting?"

She wasn't the only one to have dressed up but there again, she always dressed in expensive and classy clothes -- her family literally bled money -- not to mention the money she made on her own secretly.. Thieving. Still, she wanted to dress today like she'd dress in one of those Swedish high society receptions she attended with her father and grandfather. A touch of respect to her mother despite their history.

Khione sighed and gave her a half-shrug. Nothing of note had really happened since then, besides a few war preparations and now war... reparations. Whatever that word was, she wasn't Athena with her almighty thesaurus brain. She had better things to think about than what the best phrasing for a sentence could be -- like giving the United States a nice blizzard or two with Boreas and some other wind and winter gods. That was always fun, and she was sure the mortal children would appreciate a snow-day off or two and many roads and driveways to shovel snow out of for the adults. It was her secret revenge for global warming and the lack of care many of them showed for it, but don't tell them that. Their science could explain everything, it seemed, and even then many were ignorant enough to believe it didn't exist. Tell that to her poor polar bear friends.

"I've been better, I suppose. And how have you been with your... hobby, is it? Or camp friends, whatever you do in that dingy little camp. Like most of my fellow gods, I'm not exactly sure what any of my children do in their spare time."

Milocross wrote:The young Demi-Titan, Wolfgang, slowly walked around, shuffling through crowds of people waiting to talk to their parents. The Aphrodite children were in huge numbers, and he smirked at the thought of their mothers whereabouts. Wandering around, he searched for his father, Oceanus. While lines were normally very large, he expected no one to stand in line with him, as he wasn't aware of any siblings he might have. He wondered for a moment if titans would even bother to show up. He was reminded of many people he knew while looking at the gods before him. He passed by Hecate, whom Rita resembled greatly. Diane didn't resemble Apollo so much, maybe they had the same hair color? Even Diane had forgotten what color her hair originally was. Then he passed by..... Erida. Oh boy. Her children didn't resemble her at all, and as far as Wolfgang knew, they all hated each other. He continued his search for his father, tripping and getting squished by the people around him.

Oceanus took a sip of his nectar from a blue-green water bottle, watching the gods and demigods milling about him. What a tragedy -- he had only one child of his own, and yet had still been forced to come to this wretched place, full of traitors and smiling snakes. They mocked him, surely; he had lost his total control of domain to that blowfish-loving freak Poseidon. Yet he could still safely say that, alone, he possessed much more power than any of the minor sea gods could ever hope to achieve: that, along with his pride, the Olympians could never take from him.

And so he sat in the miniature throne made especially for him, placed somewhere in the furthermost right-hand corner from the entrance. Most of the gods who had only a few children were put there, because obviously nobody would want to talk to them. He was but a Titan, awaiting the day where the gods would fall and some new brats would come in to their place so he'd have more people to criticize with the other Titans.

But then, a boy's face caught his eye -- rather pale if Oceanus was any judge of that, but tall and lean. He raised an eyebrow as he watched him mill through the crowd, looking for something: Oceanus, perhaps? Well, why else would he come?

For a moment, the Titan leaned back and said nothing, sipping on the nectar from the bottle as the boy came closer, closer, close enough for the god to call out to him, and then: "Wolfgang? I'm over here."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 12/22/2014, 4:55 pm

Not Poseidon's but hers? Sweet! Huzzah! He'd have to rub that in Aqualady's face the next time they saw each other which quite honestly would probably not be for a very long time. No matter though it means he totally won that bet even if it had been more of a one sided type of thing. Any who mom seemed a bit mad, mad was bad, not good at all. "Right sorry about that, that's rude isn't it? Trying to do better on the whole not being rude thing but eh not my thing I guess; it isn't exactly something you pick up or have shoved down your throats where I grew up." Not like you knew that he wanted to add, oh so very badly wanted to add, but he didn't. He was able to stop himself and maybe, just maybe it was because he was in a room filled with some of the most powerful beings on the planet.

"So, uh how are you then?"The young man asked before sliding to the the side to allow his younger half-brother to stand where he was previously; which was to say more so in front of their mom. See, he could be responsible when he needed to be. Well that and at some meeting thing or whatever he and the other cabin leaders had been told that they were supposed to let the younger ones talk to the Gods/Goddesses and have as much time with them as needed. Something about forming a bond with an absent parental figure. Darren wasn't sure what that he had never had a parental figure his entire life and he turned out just fine...mostly.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 12/22/2014, 5:10 pm

Hilda nodded and smiled. "Si, madre." The fourteen year old answered and rubbed the back of her neck. "It took me a couple of times to get it right. I had to read how to make it though." She grinned nervously, fidgetting with her owl pendant that was pinned over her right shoulder. Hilda looked into the goddess's grey eyes that seemed to have matched hers. "Uhm, I guess the gray eye trait is a dominant allele amongst your children." Hilda commented.

Nizamat had one more good look around the palace before setting his eyes on a god with a face of some type of anteater like creature. "That...most be him."He got off the wall and made is way to where Set was. He stopped while he was a couple feet from him and nodded. "Father. Nice to finally meet you after eighteen years." Nizamat cleared his throat, crossing his arms across his chest.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 12/22/2014, 5:53 pm

Rebecca heard her name called. She turned to see a woman basically jumping up and down in her seat. "Mother?" She asked timidly. Normally, Rebecca wasn't shy, but around her mom, a literal goddess, it seemed like she shouldn't lie about anything. That was difficult, given that Rebecca's entire status was based on a lie. She also decided swearing around her mother, who seemed like a 5 year old, wasn't the best idea.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/22/2014, 6:32 pm

"Well if you ever need me Mom, you know where to find me... I fight in your name regardless." Her loyalty to her mother was commendable, however it would only stretch so far. Her greatest loyalty lay with Falk who she both loved and trusted.
    "I wish some of my brothers and sisters came as well... However I am the only one at Camp at the moment so I apologise for the low numbers."
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male
    Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2012-12-06

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/22/2014, 6:55 pm

I figured he knew that I was lying. But I wasn't sure. I said, "Yeah, Im sure. I get plenty of sleep." To be honest, he had trouble staying awake unless he had an electronic, and he didn't have one at camp so he did get enough sleep.
    I smile and say, "I practice on the monsters in the woods. I stay in the trees and shoot any monsters that come near."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/22/2014, 6:56 pm

shadeknight.miller wrote:Not Poseidon's but hers? Sweet! Huzzah! He'd have to rub that in Aqualady's face the next time they saw each other which quite honestly would probably not be for a very long time. No matter though it means he totally won that bet even if it had been more of a one sided type of thing. Any who mom seemed a bit mad, mad was bad, not good at all. "Right sorry about that, that's rude isn't it? Trying to do better on the whole not being rude thing but eh not my thing I guess; it isn't exactly something you pick up or have shoved down your throats where I grew up." Not like you knew that he wanted to add, oh so very badly wanted to add, but he didn't. He was able to stop himself and maybe, just maybe it was because he was in a room filled with some of the most powerful beings on the planet.

"So, uh how are you then?"The young man asked before sliding to the the side to allow his younger half-brother to stand where he was previously; which was to say more so in front of their mom. See, he could be responsible when he needed to be. Well that and at some meeting thing or whatever he and the other cabin leaders had been told that they were supposed to let the younger ones talk to the Gods/Goddesses and have as much time with them as needed. Something about forming a bond with an absent parental figure. Darren wasn't sure what that he had never had a parental figure his entire life and he turned out just fine...mostly.

That was much better; Nike had better things to do than try to decipher whatever mishmashed sentence Darren tried to churn out of his mouth. "Oh, I'm perfectly fine. I just got back from running a marathon in, what was it.... Philadelphia? Philly, yes." She took a quick glance at her watch before nodding to the two boys. "How are you both? Hopefully training hard in camp. Chiron was telling me wonderful things about you all."

It wasn't like Nike never checked in on her kids -- she did, as evidenced by her talk with Chiron -- buuttttt it was a hassle, and her time could be spent so much better pursuing other things. She honed her mind with Athena or her fighting skills with one of the war gods; she forged things with Hephaestus and surfed with Briareus and Psamathe and their crew. She was a busy goddess, surely; any downtime she had she tended to spend sleeping off all the fatigue she felt doing all those things. As all people, sometimes she got lazy -- so she would check on her children, scrolling through their lives for a few minutes each just to make sure they were alive (which was a victory in itself) and healthy. She had done this before coming to Olympus today to see who potentially might be visiting her, and so far, she had been right in assuming Darren would come.

Green wrote:Hilda nodded and smiled. "Si, madre." The fourteen year old answered and rubbed the back of her neck. "It took me a couple of times to get it right. I had to read how to make it though." She grinned nervously, fidgetting with her owl pendant that was pinned over her right shoulder. Hilda looked into the goddess's grey eyes that seemed to have matched hers. "Uhm, I guess the gray eye trait is a dominant allele amongst your children." Hilda commented.

Nizamat had one more good look around the palace before setting his eyes on a god with a face of some type of anteater like creature. "That...most be him."He got off the wall and made is way to where Set was. He stopped while he was a couple feet from him and nodded. "Father. Nice to finally meet you after eighteen years." Nizamat cleared his throat, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Dominant?" Athena hadn't read a genetics book in, what, several weeks? But the memory of alleles and all the fun things that came with them floated back into her mind, smoothly and seamlessly; she never really forgot anything she read, unless she just hadn't been paying attention to what she'd been reading. That would normally pertain to things like Aphrodite's little fashion memos she sent out by Eros or when a novel severely bored her. "Well, yes, they are. I'm not sure we assign such genetic terms to godly traits, however; most tend to be dominant regardless of what they are -- eye color, hair color. Since many gods change form frequently, it's all a bit of a mess in regards to genetics; the children tend to look like whatever form their mother or father has taken at the moment. For example, I'm usually blonde-haired and grey-eyed, so many of my children are -- but for people like Aphrodite, who changes form based on people's perceptions of beauty, her children are widely variable."

-------------

"Humph." Set looked his son up and down, noting that there was not really any sign of Set-animal in him. That was good. His mother would probably have cried a river if her son looked anything like Set did at the moment. He laid down the ballpoint pen and folded up the newspaper to make it look like he was at least trying to want to be at Olympus -- and still sorely failing, if he was any judge. "Well, Nizamat -- that is your name, correct? -- welcome to Olympus. Not exactly my ideal meeting place, but I couldn't refuse Zeus's offer. It's nice seeing you, I suppose -- how's your mother?"

Granted, he could barely remember what she looked like; he had met her almost twenty years ago now. His mind would stray to other subjects very swiftly, he had no time to dwell on past love and his future but to concentrate on the chaos of the present, he must focus with all his mind to keep the world going as it was.

X wrote:Allowing a small smile to surface on his face, Alucard said "Fairly well father. Although far too many hormonal teenagers in my honest opinion. Mostly Apollo and Aphrodite's children." Alucard, in a brief show of nerves, slightly adjusted one of his jumpsuit buckles. "Any difficult souls lately? A politician maybe?" Alucard asked in a slightly amused tone.

"They never put up fights," Thanatos noted softly, gazing up at the ceiling for a brief moment. Noting how vague that statement was, however, he clarified, looking back at Alucard: "They can't, I suppose. Fighting Death is foolish, and I always win. No bargaining ever works."

Oh, of course there were always those myths about some demigod fighting death -- whether that be him or Hades -- but even if they came after them, the death gods always knew in their hearts that it wasn't their time. The Fates made sure they knew; they were fickle little things, those goddesses, but highly interesting to talk to. Their one shared eye always made for an interesting bargaining tool, especially since his quick reflexes outmatched the old woman's forms the trio liked to take.

moriarty wrote:Rebecca heard her name called. She turned to see a woman basically jumping up and down in her seat. "Mother?" She asked timidly. Normally, Rebecca wasn't shy, but around her mom, a literal goddess, it seemed like she shouldn't lie about anything. That was difficult, given that Rebecca's entire status was based on a lie. She also decided swearing around her mother, who seemed like a 5 year old, wasn't the best idea.

"Yes, it's me," Hebe called to her, beckoning her over. "Come, come -- it's so nice to see you, it's been so long. I'm sorry if I seem a bit too forward -- I just had too much candy, those mortals' artificial sugar does things to godly systems."

Perhaps she was making the girl feel uncomfortable; it would not have been the first regrettable time. Hebe, in the vanity of youth, lacked restraint; she was impulsive, forward, a bit overconfident or arrogant if you wish to phrase it that way; it took Geras, god of old age, to keep her grounded and remember her manners, but even then it was almost impossible to keep the youth goddess from acting so recklessly. Such was the curse of eternal youth.

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:"Well if you ever need me Mom, you know where to find me... I fight in your name regardless." Her loyalty to her mother was commendable, however it would only stretch so far. Her greatest loyalty lay with Falk who she both loved and trusted.
    "I wish some of my brothers and sisters came as well... However I am the only one at Camp at the moment so I apologise for the low numbers."

"Well, that's perfectly fine. Child-bearing isn't very fun, y'know." Nemesis winked at her as she pulled the half-chewed stick of her now-finished lollipop out of her mouth. Flick of her wrist, and into the trashcan it flew, not even hitting the sides as it went down into the plastic bag. Those knife-throwing contests with Enyo, Alala, and Ares did wonders for her reflexes.

"Any news from camp?" she asked her, turning back from her momentary victory to look at her daughter. Such a wonderful girl -- she wondered briefly if this was only because of how distant she was from her children, or because it was really true. She was good at reading people, but she might be a bit affected by bias here. "Personal, overall.... Whatever? Anything interesting?"

High King Fridgeir wrote:I figured he knew that I was lying. But I wasn't sure. I said, "Yeah, Im sure. I get plenty of sleep." To be honest, he had trouble staying awake unless he had an electronic, and he didn't have one at camp so he did get enough sleep.
    I smile and say, "I practice on the monsters in the woods. I stay in the trees and shoot any monsters that come near."

Epiales raised an eyebrow at him, tapping his chin with his finger. "Oh, really? You do look a bit tired right now -- and I'm not so disconnected from my kids, that I don't know they have nightmares a lot. Unfortunate side effect of being my kid, I guess."

It wasn't like he didn't want to help them, but considering how strict Zeus (and Hera, really, she was all about family) was about interacting with their kids, he couldn't even look at their dreams frequently. There was also the fact that he was often too busy to check, like most of the gods, but surely the kids would know that. Supreme beings didn't often have time to spy on their kids, unless you were Aphrodite who liked to spy on everyone pursuing a romance.

----------------------

"Monsters? Well, that's fine, I suppose." Persephone was still rather unsure if she should be so approving or not; monsters were destructive, yes, but... all life was sacred, in their own ways. Still: she had lost a few kids to those fiends, and had known many gods who had lost some too. It hurt, yes, but Persephone and the rest of the nature gods were still rather uneasy about how monsters were treated sometimes. For example, if one put in enough time and effort, one could tame a hellhound puppy to be perfectly docile -- like Mrs. O'Leary at the camp. But when one met a monster, she supposed they were too far gone into their natural instincts to want to do anything contrary to their natures. "But.... Don't you ever get a little overheated in that? I know Dionysus likes to keep camp at high temperatures."
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Post by Rhyolo 12/22/2014, 7:37 pm

Rhy smiled and hugged his dad. "Dad no need to be formal with your own son. So how have things been going?"

Rocky smiled. "Hello mom. How is your life going?"
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/22/2014, 8:07 pm

I say, "Oh... So you did know."
    I say, "Well, I have passed out several times, but that happens all the time from various reasons. Besides, this is the last thing other than my bow that I kept from dad after I left for camp."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/22/2014, 9:05 pm

"Well... I've got a girlfriend." Lindsey admitted shyly. "I think you might like her." Nemesis seemed to be well great, however she could be being biased, after all this Goddess was her mother. "As for camp news, some new members, girl from Apollo returned... Erm..." She frowned trying to think of anything interesting that Nemesis might be interested in hearing. "Some Romans visited." The tone in Lindsey's voice made it clear that the Demigod wasn't pleased with all these Romans putting their noses where they didn't belong. "The Hunters of Artemis left camp they didn't manage to recruit me which is you know good. Not sure if I would have managed to get with Falko."
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 12/22/2014, 9:56 pm

Rebecca smiled at her mother's excitedness. She walked over and gave a half-smile. "How are you? A bit hyper it seems." Her attitude was way more reserved than normal. The girl breathed deeply and tried to calm her nerves. Everything will be fine. She's just a immortal goddess that acts like she's a 10 year old on caffeine. Oh god.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 12/23/2014, 3:27 am

dallon smiled at his mother. "well... thanks, mum." he said, smiling at her. "uh, it's really nice to see you! especially since i've heard from my siblings that you're so nice!" he said and grinned happily, hands slipped into his pockets.

miles grinned as his father said he was 'looking snazzy today'. i think i may have the coolest dad around... miles thought. a father who said his son was looking snazzy? thats the best thing ever. "well, dad, how's it been going about?" he said and smiled. "caught some nice waves lately?" he said and grinned.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/23/2014, 9:49 am

As soon as Athena started talking about how godly genetics work, Hilda had pulled a note pad and pen. She quickly wrote down everything she said, nodding to show her mother that she was paying attention. "I see, I see..." Hilda looked back up at her with a eager smile to learn more. "Is there anything else. madre?"

"My mom is fine. Thanks for asking..." Nizamat answered and smoothed his hair back. "How is your dear wife Nephthys?" asked with a sligh smile. "I'm sure she loves being married to a god of 'necessary evil'. Hell, I would." Nizamat smirked, looking down at the floor.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/23/2014, 4:17 pm

I walked into the hall with all the gods and was immediately in awe. This place was amazing! I saw everyone milling about talking with their godly parents but i couldn't see my dad anywhere. With a sigh I walked over to one of the walls and sat down with Chessieblud in my lap purring.Well. I guess I wont ever get to see dad then. I said as I began petting my cat behind his ears.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/23/2014, 7:14 pm

Rhyan Landry wrote:Rhy smiled and hugged his dad. "Dad no need to be formal with your own son. So how have things been going?"

Rocky smiled. "Hello mom. How is your life going?"

Pyriphlegethon scratched his head as he pulled away from the embrace, wondering briefly if informality would be a good thing. Hera would be on his case if he wasn't friendly with his son, but then Zeus would be a bit pissed that he was being too chummy with a boy he wasn't allowed to see in person 363 days of the year. What complicated royalty these gods were.

"Oh, they've been good. Fire's still burning, so I'm alive and, like... not dead. How about you? How's everything in camp? Meet any new siblings of yours?"

------------------------

Nike shrugged, sticking a hand in her pants pocket to make sure her phone was still there; she still needed to sign up for that sharpshooting contest in Texas. "Well, everything's fine up here in sunny old Olympus. Nothing of note, however." A quick glance at her wristwatch said it was approaching noon now -- this visit day was taking longer than it had last time. Oh well. "And in camp -- anything new happening there? I don't watch you kids very often."

High King Fridgeir wrote:I say, "Oh... So you did know."
    I say, "Well, I have passed out several times, but that happens all the time from various reasons. Besides, this is the last thing other than my bow that I kept from dad after I left for camp."

Epiales snorted, waving his hand at his son. Was the boy lacking in a bit of common sense? He should know his father knew; he gave people nightmares all the time with his pal Phobetor. "I'm god of nightmares -- of course I know. I have a whole list of people to scare ready for tonight -- it's not like I don't care, but if I show a bit of favoritism and lay off my kids.... Well, Zeus is a bit whiny about that. Sorry, kiddo."

-------------------

Persephone narrowed her eyes at Kenny, wondering just how this obsession with that hideous parka began. Was he... traumatized or something? Or did he just like jackets of that kind? "That's... rather unsafe of you to do. Irresponsible, even. You shouldn't hurt yourself like that. Maybe you could try getting a lighter parka? "

X wrote:Nodding in agreement, Alucard said "The only thing you can do is fight until your death rather than fighting death itself I suppose." Alucard then said in a somewhat softer tone, "It is really good to see you."

Thanatos nodded in agreement -- for the first point, mainly, but the second point rang true too. He so rarely stayed with his children for more than a day after their birth; he would leave as soon as he knew the child and mother were safe, off to go reap the souls of the dying throughout the world. It was a difficult thing for him to do, leaving so soon, but that came with his job. Like all other gods, he'd long detached himself from delving too deeply into his children's lives.

"It's very nice to see you too -- it's been quite a while. Tell me, how is your mother? I haven't seen her in... well, what seems like ages."

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:"Well... I've got a girlfriend." Lindsey admitted shyly. "I think you might like her." Nemesis seemed to be well great, however she could be being biased, after all this Goddess was her mother. "As for camp news, some new members, girl from Apollo returned... Erm..." She frowned trying to think of anything interesting that Nemesis might be interested in hearing. "Some Romans visited." The tone in Lindsey's voice made it clear that the Demigod wasn't pleased with all these Romans putting their noses where they didn't belong. "The Hunters of Artemis left camp they didn't manage to recruit me which is you know good. Not sure if I would have managed to get with Falko."

"A girlfriend? That's cool. Romans -- not so much. Hunters? Eh." Nemesis gave out a snort that sort of intermixed with a laugh, so that sounded a bit weird. She recovered quickly, though: "Romans are too strict for me, but I've got a second form that does basically the same thing as the one I'm in now. She takes care of them." Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a second cherry Dum-Dum and tore off the little wrapping, tossing that with a quick flick of her wrist flawlessly into the trash can. Nemesis: 2, trash can: 0.

"So," she continued, sticking the lollipop into her mouth, "to get to a better topic: how's that girl of yours? Not meaning to pry or anything, just interested -- less than Aphrodite, obviously. I think she might start writing fanfiction about couples in camp if she ever gets a hold of a proper computer."

moriarty wrote:Rebecca smiled at her mother's excitedness. She walked over and gave a half-smile. "How are you? A bit hyper it seems." Her attitude was way more reserved than normal. The girl breathed deeply and tried to calm her nerves. Everything will be fine. She's just a immortal goddess that acts like she's a 10 year old on caffeine. Oh god.

"Oh, yes." Hebe tried to sit still, but her leg was still bouncing from the sugar high she was sure to be still having. Damned youth and its love for sugar. "I'm perfectly fine! I was just talking with my dear Clio here -- this is my daughter, Rebecca, isn't she beautiful? -- about the United States stock market." She paused, frowning for a second before continuing on: "An odd subject, I suppose. But how are you? You're looking absolutely radiant today."

Clio raised an eyebrow at Hebe, but still said nothing. She had learned long ago that the goddess of youth was just a little too distractable, and she was sure this Rebecca girl would have wanted some quality time with her mother. So she sat back and watched Hebe shifting around incessantly in her chair, keeping quiet.

harry styles. wrote:dallon smiled at his mother. "well... thanks, mum." he said, smiling at her. "uh, it's really nice to see you! especially since i've heard from my siblings that you're so nice!" he said and grinned happily, hands slipped into his pockets.

miles grinned as his father said he was 'looking snazzy today'. i think i may have the coolest dad around... miles thought. a father who said his son was looking snazzy? thats the best thing ever. "well, dad, how's it been going about?" he said and smiled. "caught some nice waves lately?" he said and grinned.

Iris smiled at him, looking him up and down. She could barely remember what his father had looked like -- but she knew Dallon didn't look much like her in this form (assuming this was the same form she'd taken back when she met his dad in... Spain?). His father had been a handsome man, if what she could recall were true. "Well, it's nice to see you. How has your life been? How's your father? I hope you're keeping up with him, I'm sure he loves you dearly."

----------------------

Briareus chuckled and jabbed a thumb back at his surfboard in all its glory. Note to self: He had to wax it before using it today. "Oh, yeah. Those waves in the Caribbean are pretty rad, but, like, I heard Hawaii's where it's at right now. Gonna go surf with Poseidon and Psamathe and some other gods after this is all over, it'll be great."

He was already dressed for the occasion: black swim trunks with blue dolphins on them, a blue t-shirt with the logo of an old surf shop -- now since closed down, bless that old man's heart -- prominent on his chest. He was raring to get out of here and go for a good swim, but Amphitrite had nagged him to be patient, or else she wouldn't be packing his favorite sandwiches when they went. She sure took that Queen of the Sea role pretty far. "You go surfing much? Should come naturally to most of the ocean gods' kids, we're always doing stuff like that."

Green wrote:As soon as Athena started talking about how godly genetics work, Hilda had pulled a note pad and pen. She quickly wrote down everything she said, nodding to show her mother that she was paying attention. "I see, I see..." Hilda looked back up at her with a eager smile to learn more. "Is there anything else. madre?"

"My mom is fine. Thanks for asking..." Nizamat answered and smoothed his hair back. "How is your dear wife Nephthys?" asked with a sligh smile. "I'm sure she loves being married to a god of 'necessary evil'. Hell, I would." Nizamat smirked, looking down at the floor.

"That's it, I suppose." Athena frowned and unzipped a blue Sierra Nevada book bag leaning beside her throne, which was in a regular mortal size for the occasion so as not to intimidate the children. She took a second to rummage through, but then just shook her head, zipping it back up. It was full of journals, some almost three centuries old and all written in different languages, on different subjects: a  calculus notebook in French, a notebook on the history of Chinese medicine in Russian Cyrillic, notes on quantum physics in Hebrew. The many centuries Athena had lived through gave her ample time to study everything she wanted to. "No, I left my notebook on genetics at home. It is an interesting subject, isn't it? When did you take an interest in this?"

----------------------------

Set snorted slightly, moistening his lips with his odd, thin tongue. "Nephthys? Oh, she's fine, I suppose. We're having a bit of a spat at the moment, but you know. All couples do." He lowered his voice, grinning slightly: "Especially the Greeks." Oh, he knew all about the Greek gods and all their marital spats -- Aphrodite and Hephaestus, Zeus and Hera, Rhea and Kronos. He enjoyed hearing news about these happenings whenever one of his friends, such as Thoth or Isis, brought tidings back from visits to the Greek pantheon, sometimes with newspapers or sometimes just hearsay. All good fun, he was sure.

He didn't like many of the Greeks, especially all the major ones. They were much too arrogant in their power, much too lazy or biased towards certain heroes (especially that Percy Jackson boy). He normally stayed with the minor Greek gods, such as Eris and Nemesis, whenever he chose to visit. Despite their minor status in comparison to Set's major influence, he enjoyed conversing with them about the cons of living with the 12 Olympians.

nerissaterzi wrote:I walked into the hall with all the gods and was immediately in awe. This place was amazing! I saw everyone milling about talking with their godly parents but i couldn't see my dad anywhere. With a sigh I walked over to one of the walls and sat down with Chessieblud in my lap purring.Well. I guess I wont ever get to see dad then. I said as I began petting my cat behind his ears.

Morpheus coughed loudly into the crook of his arm, earning the ire of Aglaia, who sat in a corner nursing a first aid kit full of ambrosia, nectar, bandages, and some forms of painkillers. He had caught a cold on a visit to Boreas a week ago, and for some reason it still hadn't abated. Must be something viral, then, if all that Nyquil wasn't working.

His dark blue cloak, ragged at the ends, obscured most of his body from view; he was a tall and wiry man, over six feet-five inches in height in this mortal form. The god felt rather weak today; the coughing fits were a bit worse than usual, but he didn't want to visit Aglaia or any of the other healing gods. They would have told him to stay home today, but he didn't want to. Unlike most of the gods, Morpheus actually liked talking to his kids.

Readjusting the cloak on his shoulders, the white-haired man looked around bemusedly for any sign of the children he had had over the years. He noticed out of the corner of his eye a girl with a cat, sitting by the wall and looking a bit downtrodden; he turned on his heel, and went over to her slowly -- she was familiar, to say the least. One of his? Only an introduction would tell.

"Hello, child," Morpheus said to her genially, holding out a hand. "Are you looking for someone in particular?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/23/2014, 8:23 pm

She watched her mother go through her bag before answering her. "Well, I guess I began to have an interest in genetics about three days ago. It started when I had just finished reading up on Joan of Arc. I went to put the book back in it's orginal spot when I noticed that a book was out of place. So, naturally I took it off the shelve. I believe the book was called Genome, by Matt Ridely." Hilda explained. She had a photographic memory and could tell you what she read a year ago on the dot.

Nizamat grinned and uncrossed his arms, beginning to become more comfortable around his godly father. "I'm a bit surpised there isn't a god of marital issues." He laughed a bit and stepped a bit closer to Set. "You know, you're more enjoyable than what I thought you would, father." His son stated, smiling ever so slightly. Nizamat had thought that maybe his father would be a bit hateful seeing that he was the god of evil and what not.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/23/2014, 8:29 pm

I looked up and noticed my father immediately but couldn't bring myself to smile. With all the people here some were falling in and out of naps, the gods mostly, and it was pushing me to my limits as far as focus went. Good evening father. I managed to say as I quickly pulled myself out of one of Dionysus's dreams. There was no way in all of the underworld that I was letting myself into one of his dreams. Not ever.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/24/2014, 1:49 am

Now, Lindsey hadn't expected Nemesis to show much of an interest in her girlfriend so she looked stunned. Honestly it hadn't occurred to her that she might want to know more about who her daughter is dating. She recovered from her surprise and began to talk about Falko. "Mom she amazing, she is funny and clever, very beautiful she understands me which is a big thing."

Lindsey had a big grin on her face as she talked about Falko. "If I can I'll bring her next time so you can meet her." She wondered if Falko would agree to come so that she could meet Nemesis. She expected that she might, since upsetting both a daughter of Nemesis and Nemesis herself, probably wasn't the best strategy ever.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/24/2014, 4:21 am

I say, "Oh... Im sorry I lied to you."
    I say, "Aw... but this is my favorite jacket. It usually isn't even the reason I pass out. Its usually from things like falling out of a tree, almost drowning, I remember this one time I had an accident with my bow..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:05 am