A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private) Empty Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/18/2015, 1:56 pm

Em sat down with Aria on a hot pile of sun warmed rocks, the beach stretched away before her eyes before meeting the roaring ocean. They were on their way to Miami's city centre to hunt down a monster which happened to be causing trouble, normally they would have kept going however Emily's leg had played up, the pain forcing her to halt. She didn't think Aria was too amused with the delay but there was little choice but to stop.
    She rubbed her leg, her teeth gritted at the throbbing, agonising pain. She took a sip of water, trying not to let the heat get to her.

"Sorry Aria." The younger Hunter muttered with a pained voice. "I'll be ready to move soon." The latter part was a lie and she felt for certain that Aria would know it. Em often found that Aria knew what she was thinking, either that or her sister happened to be particularly good at guessing. She drank a bit more water before lying on her back staring up at the sky. She wore dark blue denim shorts with white trainers and a grey sleeveless t-shirt and sunglasses on her face. Her hair fell loose in all it's curls down her neck, moving softly in the breeze. They already had a cluster of boys hit on hair, which Aria scared off with some help from Emily and then later some girls hit on them.
    The latter Em struggled to see off, finding herself filled with a few un-hunter like thoughts. Thoughts she elected to keep secret from Aria.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male
    Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2014-12-05

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private) Empty Re: Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/18/2015, 8:24 pm

Sebastian had just checked into the motel and was walking around Miami. He decided to enter a surf competition while he was here. He'd lost his board so he bought a new one and was going to try it out when he saw someone that made his jaw drop to the floor.

"No. F**king. Way."

This could not have been a coincidence.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private) Empty Re: Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/18/2015, 9:47 pm

"No problem, Em, we'll catch that monster sooner or later," Aria said. "We can rest here until you feel better. Hey, do you want an ice cream?"

It was one of those things she really liked about living in modern times -- ice cream was much better than in the 18th century, and she was spotting a shop on the beach walk.
    They had settled down for now, enjoying the sunlight. Nymeria had stolen a fish from a fishmonger's shop and was eating it in the sand, her huge fangs biting chops off. The she-wolf was truly enormous: bulky, furry, with razor-sharp teeth as long as Aria's forearms. She was big enough for the Hunter to ride her.
    Aria was dressed in a snow white shirt, urban camouflage pants and combat boots equipped with crampons. Her backpack hung over her shoulders, she was apparently carrying no weapon. The salty sea breeze was blowing through her white-streaked black hair.

Then she heard a voice behind her -- a voice she immediately recognized. Spinning around, she glared the boy up and down. "Don't even think about it," she said, then dismissively jerked her chin to the side; an order for him to go away, no more no less.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/18/2015, 9:54 pm

"Hey I'm just here to enjoy the beach. Camp is fun, but it's nothing like Miami. And you're ignoring me. Whatever." He got into the water and immediately drenched his head to get used to the cold. He swam out to where the best waves were happening and waited.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 1:45 am

Emily had been about to reply to Aria when she heard a familiar male voice. By the Gods not him again, surely it couldn't be him? Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your opinion it indeed happened to be him. She saw no reason to speak to him, privately still annoyed by how he seemed certain that he could full heal her leg. Besides, Aria (again) had seen him off without summoning skeletal creatures or being attacked by a lion this time. "You have a way with boys." She joked with a smile on her weary face. "You'll have to teach it me sometime." Em's own backpack lay nearby, it was open slightly. Quietly she replaced the bottle looking out to see, occasionally sparing a glance at the boy. Mostly to keep an eye on where he was and to make sure that he didn't watch her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 8:13 am

"I used to have servants," Aria replied with a slight shrug. "I just treat boys the same way I treated them."

She rarely talked about the life she had led before Artemis had recruited her; she usually just said she was born in 1690, but no more than that. She didn't feel it was necessary to discuss her non-immortal life with her sisters; she'd reply to their questions if they had some but she usually kept quiet.

"So, ice cream or not ice cream?"
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 8:44 am

"Ice cream sounds great." He was soaking wet and using a towel as a cloak. "Wait you weren't asking me were you?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 11:25 am

"Should I call you my lady?" Em teased shifting her right leg slightly and grimacing. "I think that will be a yes for the ice cream, would you mind fetching it?" She glanced at the boy. "I'm sure I will be fine while your gone not like I plan on going anywhere and I doubt he will try anything."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 12:14 pm

"If he does, elbow him in the throat," Aria said.

She took some mortal money from her bag, put it in her pockets and went from the rocks across the street to the shop. She heard obnoxious whistling to her right but ignored it; people like that weren't even worth she acknowledged their existence.
    She queued up behind tourists and people in swimsuits but despite her apparent young age, nobody brushed her, nobody even came close to her. People usually subconsciously made way; she had observed that too with her sister Thalia, as if children of Zeus emitted a certain aura of authority surrounding them.
    When it was her turn, she took a lime ice cream for herself and a pistacchio one for Emily, both decorated with an additional scoop of chocolate ice cream, because let's face it, chocolate ice cream is one of the main reasons most people are alive.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 12:18 pm

Emily let out a quiet laugh. "That or scream the male of the species does love a damsel in distress." She winked playfully at Aria, a Hunter could take care of herself. But sometimes boys did have their uses, in fighting each other where as the Hunters made their escape.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 12:24 pm

"So," he began to say as he sat down on the rock "you never told me your name. I'm Sebastian by the way. You can call me Seb though. Most people do."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 12:26 pm

"Emily." She replied the once looking out to sea. Only her friends and fellow Hunters could call her Em.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 12:31 pm

"Emily. Sounds nice. So what was your life before joining the hunters? If it's ok for me to ask."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 12:35 pm

"It was hell." She said simply, her tone indicating that she wasn't pleased with such a topic. "The Hunters gave me a life, one worth living though I sacrificed a few things."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 12:38 pm

Aria paid for the ice cream cones with a couple of dollars and made her way back over the street towards the beach. Nymeria had waited for her outside the shop. The air was salty on her tongue, but the whole atmosphere was very warm and humid, as if she had just walked out of a hot shower -- a typical summer day in Florida. A couple of girls in bikinis walked across from her, tourists took pictures. Aria licked the side of the lime scoop in the hot sunlight, enjoying the fresh, sour but fruity taste dissolving on the tip of her tongue.
    She was glancing at the rocks when she caught sight of him -- the guy. Talking to Emily.

The daughter of Zeus walked over in a quick, steady pace. "Who gave you the permission to talk to a Hunter?" she asked him, cutting into his sentence. Nymeria bared her fangs at him, which was always a sight: the huge she-wolf with long curved fangs as white as snow who looked half like a wolf, half like a hyena with the black line of fur going down her spine.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 12:41 pm

"Let me guess. You couldn't be with any boys. So in the process of giving you a life, they took away a vital emotion. Love. Unless you're a lesbian. So, why are you and bossy mc shockypants heeeeeeere." talk about awkward. "Just striking up conversation. What's wrong with talking?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 12:42 pm

"It's okay Aria." Em soothed her friend. "He was just asking me questions." She felt certain that he wouldn't be a threat and drag her away from her sisters. Being a Hunter made her who she was, if she lost her sisters and Artemis she didn't know what she would do. She looked alarmed at his next question. "No!" Emily declared looking briefly at Aria. "I've never kissed anyone boy or girl, besides Hunters cannot fall in love with boys." She glanced at Aria. "You know how I said it was okay? Yeah well scratch that please."
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 12:49 pm

OOC: confused. Which question?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 12:50 pm

Aria looked at Sebastian with her sharp cyan eyes. "Do us and yourself a favor, and stop talking about things you don't know."

Nymeria kept growling at him and Aria knew she would pounce at the first sign. She looked at Emily and gave her her ice cream, whose top was melting slightly under the hot sun rays. "Leave now," she told Sebastian in a freezing tone, "and don't presume to talk to us again."
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 12:56 pm

"Ok, I read up on hunters and I know you don't like boys but come on! It's not like I'm going to do some magic boy stuff and make all your friends fall for me. I'm just trying to make friends but if you don't want the help than fine. I'll just leave." He stood up and stormed off, his surfboard dragging a line against the sand.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 1:00 pm

"We don't need your help," Aria laughed, "because there is nothing you can help us with."

She sat back down on her rock and crossed her legs, eating her ice cream while Nymeria relaxed and sat down at her feet.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 1:00 pm

Em watch him storm off. She took a lick of her ice cream and whispered. "Thanks Aria." The ice cream tasted amazing. "I've never kissed anyone so I do not know..." She shook her head as if to rid herself of unwelcome thoughts. "It doesn't matter, I'm a Hunter, we don't do that sort of things and besides... I..." Emily stopped taking another lick of her ice cream.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 4:45 pm

"Besides...?" Aria asked, licking her own ice cream.

Sitting here on these hot rocks with the sea whispering into their ears, the buzzing of life and the flawless, intense blue sky radiating heat, she felt almost like a mortal would feel on holidays. Except for her big combat boots and camouflage trousers that indicated she wasn't here just for a sea bath and a suntan.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 5:16 pm

Emily took a bite of her ice cream, she used it to play for time so she could think of the words she would or could respond with. "Well..." She began hesitantly. "I... It's... It is not like I can kiss anyone now anyway... So it doesn't really matter." Em sighed and took another lick of her ice cream. "I still think it is worth it to be a hunter." Yet she missed it, but how could she miss something she never experienced?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 5:39 pm

Aria didn't show it on her face, but she frowned in her inner. She knew some Hunters had trouble detaching themselves from the possibility of romance -- heck, she had been one of them. But it usually went away after some time, at least for the most part. Virgo. Aria almost bared her teeth at the thought before suddenly turning to Emily.

"Did I ever tell you about how I joined the Hunt?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 6:31 am