A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

I just wanted to say this.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

I just wanted to say this. Empty I just wanted to say this.

Post by Morgan Landry 2/19/2015, 3:11 pm

Certain incidents over the past few days have really concerned me. Individuals, who won't be named but they will (hopefully) know who they are, have pushed me a bit over the past week. It had become increasingly tiresome trying to do little nice things, or voice my opinion as an admin, only to be shot down. Now, don't get me wrong, constructive criticism is acceptable, but to shoot us down completely is unfair. We try our best for this site, we do what we can and we do what we think is best. Now obviously not everyone will be pleased, but that is always going to be the case. But if you are unhappy, please look and see if others are happy first, and if there's quite a few happy, then accept the decision. If you don't see it, just discuss it with others before shooting us down, it's not really fair. And as for our decisions, why mustn't people accept them? You did elect us as admins to enforce the rules and all such things, so please accept our decisions. By all means, question them, we aren't dictators, but having a go at us? We are human too, we have feelings. Getting aggressive with us won't solve anything. Yet it is incidents like this which have made me innerly lose my calm. And yes, I'm sure you know which I'm highlighting specifically here, but it's not just these events. I've been doing this a while now and there keeps being things to push me. It's not the first time that we admins do stuff, work on things for the entertainment of the members and barely get recognition. It's not nice of you and I am saying this in the least rude way I possibly can.
    It would also be nice if you could take into account that we have work irl. Most of you aren't even at university yet, so please don't try to say you know what some students are going through. Please don't. (I'm saying some students because I only have my experience here in Berlin, where law is an extremely competitive subject and we have a ton to do. I mean a ton. Not to mention the jerks who're ripping out pages of library books to prevent you from doing your work properly.)
    I'm saying this because I feel not even half of you are realizing how much I work, but then rant at me for making mistakes. Like last summer, when I prepared both French Baccalaureate and university exams simultaneously and got badmouthed behind my back for months for the mistakes I made. I owned up to them because the people who were badmouthing me behind my back had their points, but it still felt awful. Like now, when I was days away from this exam I've been learning for since September and got the full rant on these trivial Valentine's username codes. I've read the complaints several times and while I certainly get where you're coming from, in my opinion (in my opinion) -- in my opinion only -- you are coming over as spoiled. I'm sorry I have a life and didn't find the time to write everyone a personal message. I'm sorry it was the only way I found to try and give everyone something nice and heartwarming, so you don't feel left out. It truly felt like some of you were pissing on us for trying to be kind.
    So with my work I still manage to find time to do my job as an admin, so of course I make mistakes but there again I'd like to see some of you in my position trying to keep your calm when facing stuff like that. Or anything some of you give us admins.

We are people. We get stressed. We make mistakes. I want to work with you, not feel like I'm working just to please you, I want to please everyone, including myself, so I want you guys to be happy but that means understanding my situation.

Now I'm not going to give up, I love what I do, and I want to hear your opinions and co-operate, but not in the way it currently is. Though, I do need a few days away from this site in order to calm down. It's just how I feel. I'll be around to post and work on my forms but don't expect to see me anywhere else.

(One last thing: if you feel like asking me for a mystery box even after I'm demoted... please don't. I'm serious.)

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 4:16 pm