A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream)

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream) Empty Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream)

Post by Gotenks 3/7/2015, 5:04 pm

Name: Ronald Robinson

Parentage: Melinoe (Underworld godess of ghosts)

Mortal parent: Chris Robinson

Height: 5'8

Body type: Athletic

Skin: Pale

Eyes: black (after a good ol' google search it is dark brown, my bad I am colourblind so I can't tell the difference)

Hair: medium, straight, black

Talents: none

Weapons: A celestial bronze camp sword, because I'm creative like that

Personality: Extremely arrogant, ruthless, aggresive, loves to torture others as a joke, a ladies' man, has no.limits to his humour, will do anything to prove his superiority. Really competitive, a person that can take the slightest issue very seriously. Not an organized person, laid back as long as there are no competitions. Rather closeminded, as in "my opinion and only.mine is right", likes to be a leader but at the same time doesn't cope well with failure or casualties. Known for outbursts of rage instead of logical thinking in difficult situations.

Powers: communication with spirits of the dead

manipulates ghosts -that means hecommands them to attack other people,- (SPOILER ALERT: Considering a part in BoO, ghosts can be killed by Celestial Bronze camp weapons)(to be developed during his time at camp, duration maximum 2 minutes which depends on physical and medical condition- up to 5 ghosts at a time, but rarely makes that par-4 posts cooldown)

can send ghosts to haunt people's thoughts, technically by getting into their minds (to be developed during his time at camp, duration less than a minute-less effective against other underworld kids, but can't be completely countered-1 ghost at a person, one person at a time-cooldown 4 posts) NOTE: This is a reference on how fears get into our minds, so the ghosts basically get into people's minds and scare the hell out of them, or make them thing unpleasant things, e.g. It would remind Percy and Annabeth of their time at Tartarus (isn't it beautifully evil?) etc.

(a minute = a post) (maximum range for him to control the ghosts is 10 meters)

Pets: none

Life before Camp: He lead a rather normal life for a demigod, labelled troublemaker (which he was). His childhood was a bit rough because of lack of a mother in his life. He was afraid of ghosts because he could communicate with them. A sociable person, with many friends in the mortal world. He was considered rather likeable, so he didn't have many enemies. His father always has some time for him at their home at L.A. (why the hell not), he advised him to come to camp, learning details from Melinoe, before she left him with the child. Knows of his parentage and being a demigod.

Flaws: Overconfident, prone to flattery, fear of heights, anger issues, stubborn

Skills: a good swordman, plays the guitar... that's it

RP example: It was a nice, sunny day of March. On the countryside of Long island.

Ron hated these kind of days. Why can't it always rain? It's nice then. Less sunny and...happy.

He was wearing a black T-shirt which read "I'll kill you" and black jeans. He had a backpack on his back, and his sword on his left hand. He had taken care of any monster in his way.

He paused for a moment. Finally, all the way through the country, he had arrived at the camp he had heard so many things about.

Notes: none

Last edited by George Wilson on 3/17/2015, 8:48 am; edited 8 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream) Empty Re: Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream)

Post by Kendall 3/7/2015, 5:41 pm

Where did the spirit get the sword?

Add more to the personality.

Powers:
    - For how long can he manipulate ghosts?
    - How long can they haunt people?
    - For either power how many at most can he summon per usage?
    - Cool downs for both powers?

Add more to his LBC. It must be at least 5 complete sentences long.
    Gotenks

Male

Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream) Empty Re: Ronald Robinson - Son of Melinoe (because major gods are too mainstream)

Post by Gotenks 3/7/2015, 5:43 pm

The sword thing is a really good question...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/7/2015, 6:07 pm

Yeah, if a ghost was sent by his mom to give him a sword, that counts as indirect contact. Perhaps he just goes to camp and gets it there.

Add more to the personality again.

Powers:
    - You're gonna need to define how many posts constitutes a minute/more than a few minutes.
    - Up to how far away can he send the ghosts in order for him to still be able to control them?

LBC:
    - Did Melinoe tell his father where camp was? Did they travel there together?
    - Add more to this section. For example, how was his life at school? Have many friends? Enemies?

Add another flaw.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/7/2015, 6:21 pm

Updated, hope I got it right this time
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/7/2015, 6:30 pm

Are his eyes really black or dark brown? I don't think black irises naturally exist unless it's a medical condition. (Aniridia, I believe?)

Powers:
    - So for now, what's the maximum time he can manipulate ghosts? "A couple minutes" is rather unspecific.
    - Oh, yes, you still need to tell me how many ghosts maximum he can use for either power.
    - If he sends a ghost to haunt another child of an Underworld god related to death, such as Thanatos or Hades, will the haunting be as effective or can they try to just send them straight back to him?

For LBC: To clarify, Melinoe told his father before leaving him with Ronald as a baby, right?
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/7/2015, 6:37 pm

Another update
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/8/2015, 9:15 pm

Powers:
    - Increase the cool down for the manipulation power by another post at least.
    - What can the ghosts do? How do they haunt thoughts?
    - Can his ghosts be dissipated early, such as by getting too close to someone?
    - Just a note, but can you divide up this section so each power is on its own line? It's a bit hard to judge when everything seems smashed together.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/9/2015, 8:09 am

Re-re-re-reupdated
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/13/2015, 11:04 pm

Powers:
    - Should specify you mean 5 ghosts, not just "5".
    - What can he make the ghosts do for the manipulation?
    - How do they get into people's minds? Are they visible to the people in question? Describe it some more.
    - Make sure you separate the overall limits such as the range of control of 10 meters and the 1 post = 1 minute thing instead of keeping it smashed into one of the powers.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/14/2015, 1:46 am

The others are added into the form, but I prefer to specify the 3rd note of yours here:

The whole, "ghosts haunt thoughts thing" is a reference on how our fears get into our minds, so basically when he commands them to "haunt thoughts" they get in the people's minds and scare the hell out of them or makes them think unpleasant things.

As I said the others are added in the form
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 3/16/2015, 9:16 pm

For the commanding of ghosts to attack, is there any limit to what he can have them do? Are they completely loyal or could they somehow be changed to attack him? (sorry just thought I'd ask, you can say no to these just wanted to see a bit more if you thought about it.)

Edit that third point in there somehow and then I think you should be good.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/17/2015, 8:45 am

No limits (well, logical limits.). As for loyalty, I've been thinking about it. Ordinary spirits are completely loyal, but if e.g. he encounters the spirit of Minos, as Nico did in the 4th book of the first series, or any other mythological character's, it will depend on the character's attitude.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 3/17/2015, 10:16 am

Ronald is Accepted!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 4:26 pm