A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus)

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus) Empty i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus)

Post by mabel pines 4/7/2015, 4:49 pm

Jodi Smith

An analogy that makes sense to most: This opportunity had found me unmarked at the far post, But I blazed it right against the cross bar of the pub that you had worked in since you moved here from Bath Spa. We agreed we couldn't trust a guy that didn't like a single sport, But those bow-legged suitors hadn't given me much other thought. They said it smelt delicious but it smelt of burning flesh, It's not meant to be malicious but this is the cross we bear. The story of the winter I forgot how to speak: My mind was like a nation's flag but my breeze was too weak. How they dragged me to the hospital, Said I had gone deaf. But I'd heard everything they said, It's just I had no interest. Our friends have put the two of us on suicide watch and every second spent away we spent watching the clock. There are photos of us holding hands outside of the frame, I was there but wonder where our fingers were all the same. It's like our self restraint is the size of a fingernail. And yet we chew it down all the same. Sad eyes for sad goodbyes, It's a crime, It's a crime, It's a crime, It's a crime. The story of the winter I forgot how to speak: My mind was like a nation's flag but my breeze was too weak. How they dragged me to the hospital, Said I had gone deaf. But I'd heard everything they said, It's just I had no interest.
    i n t e r v i e w

what's your name?
    "my name is jodi smith. ugh, are you serious? you're rolling your eyes at me. hey, stop that. my name is jodi. just - go on to the next questio- are you seriously going to wait for me to tell you my full name? gods, you're such a fascist. fine, it's jodene delores smith, but if you even think about calling me jodene i swear to hades i will - i will do something, okay, and you will not like it."
    how old are you?
    "i'm seventeen years old. yes, that's mature enough, shut up. oh i know you weren't saying anything, but you were thinking something. i can tell."
    what gender are you?
    "i'm a girl."

who is your godly parent?
    "my dad's dionysus. yes, that's mr. d. my dad runs camp. and no, i am not lucky. he's annoying, and he was absent for the first, like, sixteen years of my life, and now he's constantly, like, pretending i don't exist until he can talk to me in private to make awkward small talk and ask about my mom and sh*t. like, he cares about his reputation more than, like, his own kids."
    who is your mortal parent?
    "my mom's name is eileen smith. she's a fascist b*tch. like, corporate sellout and all that, y'know? i don't think she ever was interesting, but she's not home a lot, so i get away with stuff, usually."
    where were you born?
    "i was born in this small town in colorado. yes, colorado, the weed place."
    do you have any pets?
    "i have a cat, but she doesn't spend much time with me. she's an outdoor cat, she can handle herself. her name is maya angelou."
    what was your life like before camp?
    "my mother was kind of...absent, for most of my childhood. i grew up with an au pair named linda, mostly - mom was always busy with work. her room was, like, always kind of dusty. it was creepy.

"you can't really tell who the burnout's gonna be when you're all kids, so of course i hung out with the to be cheerleaders and the future mathletes. we were kids. we all got on fine. like, sure, sometimes someone would pull my pigtails, or someone would kick down my sand castle, but that's what kids do.

"so, like, y'know. can't remember much from preschool. i ate playdough once, probably. in first grade i had a teacher who was a bag of d*cks. i complained to linda about it, linda made me blintzes, mom didn't care about anything relating to my existence - you know, life.

"i guess i did alright in school as a kid, but once i hit eighth grade it just became more difficult. like, i did all the work and the studying, but i never got good grades, so by freshmen year i kind of just stopped caring. that's really when you start to know who's a burnout and who isn't. like, the people that i hung out with weren't really my friends, per say, but they had weed and parties so it was all cool, i guess. my mom yelled a bit but she was constantly working, so who cares?

"like, i'd wake up in the morning, find a note on the counter - 'hey jodene, went to work, here's some money for ihop.' come home from school - 'hey jodene, was called out for work again, emergency. here's some money for pizza.' it was all cool, i guess. like, my mom kinda sucked, so it's like, whatever, right?

"i didn't really need linda to look after me anymore, so usually i had the house to myself. i'd have parties and crap, and my mom would yell at me if she were back from work long enough to, but it wasn't like she could actually monitor my groundings, right?

"so like, junior year, this new kid comes, and he tries to hang around me and my friends. he's kinda weird, one time he tried to smoke a joint and ended up like, choking. but i guess he was okay.

"then, like, we're skipping classes one day, going out to the mall instead to get some overpriced food, when there's this dog, right? and it just starts running at us, except it doesn't look like a dog anymore - it's all massive and it's got red eyes - so the weird kid, his name's trayvon but we just called him von, he pulls out this sword thing and stabs it, and then he grabs me and runs, explains the whole demigod thing, right? says "oh yeah jodi you're dad sent me for you specifically," and i'm all like, "well my dad can go to hell," and then he's all - well, you get the idea.

"so then he takes me to camp after calling my mom, who freaked out all like, "MY CHILD IS NORMAL SHE'S NOT A FREAK," and she had to come in from work, and von did the whole rainbow thingy to my dad, and my mom got all silent and i think they had a Moment, y'know, and then she said i could go. so. that's it, i guess."

what are your talents?
    "i can play guitar, and i can sing, and i write poetry. yes, it's good, of course it's good. je- gods, you're annoying. and, um, don't tell anyone, it'll totally ruin my reputation, but i'm like, great with kids, and i can make a mean cupcake. oh, i can make an awesome martini. or any beverage with alcohol, but don't tell mr. d; he's under the impression that because he can't drink, nobody can. and my parties are mindblowing."
    what weapon do you use?
    "i'm okay with a bow and arrow. not like, great, or anything. i don't like physical activity that isn't dancing, okay? it's a reasonable life choice."
    what is your sexuality?
    "i'm bisexual. and no, it's not just for attention, it's a legitimate thing. oh, you weren't gonna say anything? sure you weren't. like i'd actually believe you. everyone says something about it."
    do you have any powers?
    "no, i haven't got any powers, unless you count my wicked mix drinking and party throwing abilities."

n o t e s
    eyes:
    jodi has greyish-blue eyes. they're a bit flat on bottom, with the lid constantly drooping down giving her the look of someone who is about to fall asleep; the fact that she's got very deep bags under her eyes doesn't help. if i hadn't known better, i would have thought she was a daughter of hypnos.
    hair:
    it appears that her natural hair color is blonde, but it could just be the bleached hair that didn't get dyed pink like the rest of her hair.
    height:
    jodi is about five feet and four inches.
    body type:
    jodi isn't so thin to imply that she's unhealthy, but she almost is.
    skin color:
    jodi's skin is white, and awfully pale. it's a bit shocking, as she lives year round at a camp for demigods, but, oh well.

personality:
    jodi's the stereotypical teenage dirtbag, spending much of her time partying and drinking, despite being too young to do so. she's very, very distrustful of authority, and pretty disrespectful, too. she started smoking due to her mother's dislike of it, just to piss her off. however, underneath this boisterous, disrespectful front, jodi has a strong desire to prove herself as worthy of respect.
    flaws:
    jodi has a myriad of flaws. while she is well educated on topics such as discrimination and global events, she tends to misuse a lot of words, one of the most common being "fascist". she tends to procrastinate important things and is disrespectful towards authority. she can be quite judgemental at times, too. she parties an awful lot, and isn't very active outside of dancing. her legs are strong, and she can run long distances, but overall she's weak and lacks fighting technique. she also has a terrible habit of swearing. in addition, she's constantly trying to prove herself as worthy of respect, jumping on the defensive before she even needs to.

face claim: charlotte free
    quote: this is a flag. there is no wind. by los campesinos! (i'm literally just using as many songs by them as possible lol)
    any notes about your characters: she is 100% based off of juliet from this teenage dirtbag version of romeo and julet (warning for some inappropriate language & hand gestures, a bit of blood, & death mentions). also kind of based off of this 16 year old pothead at this camp i went to who stayed up all night listening to disco music and had a boyfriend who went to jail so she named her fish after him & now prefers the fish to the actual person, apparently.

non-codey version yaaaay:

Last edited by lucifer rigby on 4/11/2015, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus) Empty Re: i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus)

Post by Kwacken 4/9/2015, 9:05 pm

Your physical flaw of being weak is actually a weakness. You need one more flaw.

Also, for sensetivity reasonz, can you please remove the Jesus Christ type swearing?
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus) Empty Re: i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus)

Post by mabel pines 4/11/2015, 11:24 am

edited that out

i did add another flaw since it works and can fit into the flaws section, so i figured it should group in there, but you'll find i had five flaws not counting the being physically weak, which i put in there since there is no weakness section for regular character forms, so i figured i'd put it in the section it matches closest.

previously existing flaws are:
    • misuse of words
    • procrastination
    • disrespectful towards authority
    • judgemental
    • overuse of swears

• the minimum requirement for a regular form is three flaws, so i actually had, and do have, more than needed.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 4/12/2015, 5:53 pm

i'd heard everything they said; it's just i had no interest (jodi smith - dionysus) T21933-dylan-cross-new-forget-the-old-him

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:30 am