A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Briareus bros (private Jake)

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Briareus bros (private Jake) Empty Briareus bros (private Jake)

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 11:09 am

Lysander was at the beach, just doing typical Lysander stuff. Surfing was his top priority at the beach, and honestly, it was his favorite thing to do here. He had to go study in the library later, so he couldn't be here for long. He ran a hand through his long hair, with a surfboard in hand. He looked around, seeing Miles Fellar, his brother. Lys sonewhat knew him, but also somnewhat didn't. He didn't know, everything with him was awkward. He approached Miles. "Hey, Miles. It's Lysander, you know, you're brother. Um, well, uhm, would you happened to see Arian here, the Apollo girl? I mean, not that I want her to be here, I just wanted to know if maybe you saw her." He looked around. "Aren't you Irish?" the random curiousity of Lysander showed.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Briareus bros (private Jake) Empty Re: Briareus bros (private Jake)

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 11:18 am

Briareus bros (private Jake) Bea68b4c8129619ddc476430773b4fb2
    miles - briareus - eighteen

miles had fallen on his butt about twenty-four times. his friends had suggested to him that he should try stand up paddling, because he was such a great surfer and whatnot. miles had waved them off, but by now his curiosity had gotten the best of him. so here he was, sitting miserably in the hot camp-half-blood beach sand, and sulking a tiny bit. miles was good in basically any sports he did. he might not have the bestest of grades on the stupid greek translating test that chiron had set for him to do, but he aced most sports flawlessly. after some practice. his 'practice' usually consisted of about an hour, and then he became fairly good at it. but he had been practicing this stupid paddling for atleast three, and he was still sh!tty at it.

the son of briareus' mood was lifted instantly as he heard a voice next to him. his half brother... lysam. samuel? lis? lissiam? lyasamuel? lysunny. lysand. lysand.... lysander! that was it. miles stood up and brushed sand off of his swimming shorts with his hands. "ariana? nah, never heard of her." he shrugged and nodded. "yeah, 'm'n irishman."

Last edited by jake. on 6/22/2015, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 11:30 am

"That's too bad. I mean, what? Anyway," he chuckled a bit nervously, "that's cool. Irish people, I mean. Do you like alcohol and stuff? I mean, not to be mean or stereotypical, I just meant that...please don't try to beat me up." He thought about the best combination ever, an Irish Dionysus kid. Well, there would go the entire camp. He was not an alcohol drinker at all, and he thought alcohol was stupid, but he was just trying to be nice while satisfying his curiousity if Irish people really did like alcohol. Lysander looked out at the waves. "Do you surf, Miles?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 11:37 am

miles shrugs again. "i like alcohol." he flips open a pack of cigarettes lying on his towel. "maddy mostly got me into it, but y'know, i guess i can't blame you for asking, lyason." he says and smiles. wait... this guy wasn't called lyason. "sorry, lysun. want one?" he asks and nods towards the packet of cigarettes in his palm. he fishes out a lighter, sticks a cig inbetween his teeth and lights it. he takes a drag, smoke curling from his lips, and sighs. "anyways, yeah, i do surf. since i was like... six or something like that. i met dad ages ago, lysun- he likes surfing too, isn't that neat?" he asks and takes another drag.

Last edited by jake. on 6/22/2015, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 11:44 am

Oh, great. He smoked too? He also got his name wrong, twice. Lysander resisted getting angry, and decided to let it go. "Maddy? So I'm under the impression you and that Dionysus girl are a thing?" he knew they were, he heard the populars talking about them all the time. But he just wanted to hear it coming from Miles. "First of all, my name is Lysander, but if you can't say that, then call me Lys. Second, you smoke too? Do you want to die before you turn 40? And third, is smoking even allowed in camp?" This guy was alright, but he was making the wrong decisions. One day he would meet a nice girl Arian and they would marry and have children. He wanted everyone to have this peaceful mind about life- not going into clubs and getting drunk and partying.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 11:55 am

miles gave him a long, hard stare, and raised his right eyebrow. he took another drag of the cigarette and blew smoke straight into his half-brothers face. miles snorted and smirked. "yeah, me and maddy are a thing. and we're going to stay a thing for a looong time, buddy." he said and poked a finger into the guys chest. "well, unlike mr long-hair-don't-care here, i'm not a goody-two-shoes. rules are made to be broken. maybe thats why i'm taken and you're single." miles wasn't usually this arrogant, but sarcasm was his fatal flaw. when people insulted his looks? whatever. he knew the girls swarming up to him could prove people wrong. but insulting the way he lived his life? no. "and sure, smoking isn't allowed in camp, lysunny but who gives a crap? i'm eighteen. they don't need to know i started at sixteen, do they?"

Last edited by jake. on 6/22/2015, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 12:07 pm

Lysander felt the puff of smoke in his face. He at this point was about ready to punch him square in the face. "A long time, I see. I'm sure you and your other girlfriends would agree on that, right? You might last all of your teenage years. You might be in love your entire youth. But, I promise you, if you're still 35 and have kids with this Maddy and you're still smoking and drinking, well, I'm sure you know what a divorce is. And then you'll end up in some club and I'm sure we know where your life goes from there." Goody two shoes? His hair was not that long, it only went to his shoulders or so. Rules are meant to be broken? Well, at least Lysander knew now that cliche teenage movies were his inspiration. Yeah, no. Rules are meant to be followed and disclipine you in life. Not to say a party or anything isn't fun every once in a while, but ever night? That's a perfect example of how rules disclipine you, he thought. To finish it all off, Miles basically insulted his name and told him he'd been smoking since he was sixteen, his age. Lysander rolled his eyes. "What do you plan on becoming? Do you plan on going to college? How will you manage you and Maddy financially in your late twenties and beyond?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 12:18 pm

miles begins laughing loudly. once he was finished, he rolls his eyes and tries not to break out laughing again. "listen here, you arse. i've always been friendly. to everyone. i've always been a good sportsman. hell, i've even got pretty good grades, ranging from average to great. not to mention there's girls all around camp that can prove they don't just like me because of my good looks." miles scoffs. "i go to a party every weekend, you prick, and not every day. but, oh, blimey, i completely forgot i actually own a life! weird! seems like lysunny here doesn't! and for your information, i've already got a place in new rome. i've talked to chiron, he said it was okay. i've already asked him about camp mentors. once i've graduated after two or three years of college, i'll come here. then i'll marry maddy. maybe. she'll say yes," he smiles at the thought, "and we'll live happily ever after wherever she wants to live. my mum has got connections. she can get us a place around new york if i'm nice enough. and what about you, lysunny? gonna ask this ariana girl? i'm sure she loves you." he mocks and turns around to leave. the waves were getting restless, and he could feel the storm brewing up angrily inside of him. not again. not now. he thought.

Last edited by jake. on 6/22/2015, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 12:32 pm

"There it is! Swaggy boy arrogance coming through! Quite confident Maddy will say yes, huh? Quite confident that after a few years of college and being away a lot, things won't change? Look, Mr. My-Life-Is-Great, dreams don't always come true. I have hopes about the future, like being a famous scientist or being in the NBA, but what's the chances that that will happen?" And then there was Arian's name in their conversation. "I- I don't like Arian. She's just a good friend of mine. But, you don't know what it's like to be friends with a girl, do you, Mr. My Life Is Great, you just start being you. Name all of the girls in this camp they are your friends and you've never once flirted with them. My life will be good, because I have structure and organization and I'm hard working. What makes you even think you'll get into college? College requires over a 3rd grade reading level, Miles, you don't just send in an application, they accept you, you kiss Maddy, and then in the background a guy starts singing don't stop...BELIEVING."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 1:07 pm

"you will not. YOU WILL NOT-" and then it happened; miles felt the piercing pain on the side of his neck. he reached up, gasping, and feeling for the gills at his neck. he cursed and dove into the water smoothly, back muscles protruding as his shoulders worked furiously to propell him downwards. he breathed in, trying to calm himself down. he ran a hand through his hair, sighing. his elongated hands and feet were slippery and annoying, so miles swam down to the bottom of the ocean. he licked his lips, feeling the slightly pointy teeth in his mouth.

ooc: just going to assume he has pointy teeth. @macey, they won't do any more damage than a paper cut lmao xD be prepared 4 shark milez

miles sat down gloomily at the bottom of the sandy ocean, feeling the occasional fish brush by his feet. he could see even clearer when he was like this. like this. his problem, as he liked to call it. but an idea popped into his head. hey, yo, sharky peeps. my... bretheren. you out there? he asked, the voice inside his head echoeing as the other fish and and sea life heard it. i'm right heres, sirs. miles looked around and saw a barely matured grey shark swimming peacefully beside him. the thing barely looked two years old. miles cocks his head to one side and pats it's fin. sharks liked him the most out of all animals. did being a quarter shark make them his siblings? miles didn't even want to think about it. he needed company anyways. soooo... whass'ya name? miles thought/asked. he could almost feel the shark think. sharks don't haves names, sirs, theys just sharks, sirs! but my parentses calls me 'marky' sirs, oh, they dos, sirs! damn the thing talked weird. it sounded almost southern in a way. the little thing did a weird spin of sorts.

Last edited by jake. on 6/22/2015, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 1:15 pm

Lysander didn't know what the literal heck just happened. He just saw Miles start to scream at him, then go into the ocean. Maybe he was one of those water deity kids who just liked the underwater? Used it to get calm? And, Lys swore he saw something on Miles' neck-- he realized how weird his life truly was at that moment. But, certainly Miles didn't just run off without saying anything? Something fishy was going on ((pun intended xD)) here. He quickly ripped off his shirt. He'd worry about surfing equipment later. Wearing nothing but his swimming trunks, he dived into the ocean water. He could breathe underwater, so it wasn't all that much different but being on land. OKay, he lied, it was totally different than being on land. He looked around for Miles. He saw a fish swim nearby.

Have you seen a boy in here, about 6ish feet tall, black hair? he said to the fish.

The fish looked at him confused. What?

Oh, nevermind.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2015, 1:23 pm

miles was alarmed as he felt movements in the water, that suggested lysander had dived into the water. the young shark whisked around. oh, sirs, who's this? a friends of yours, sirs? the shark looked delighted. sirs, is he a son of briareus too? sirs, this is great! of course my brother miles is great, but a son of briareus is also quites goods, sirs! cans i's invite you to my parenteses house today, sirs? miles put a finger to his lips, but smiled. the shark took it as a yes and whirled around happily. waaaait. brother? these sharks consider me as their friggin brother? miles thought, apalled but still grinning.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 6/22/2015, 1:27 pm

Lysander heard something talk, and it was weird. He looked around for Miles once again. He then saw him, and swam down towards him. When he got down there, he saw sharks and Miles was...not Miles-y. Some weird power, most likely. He just crossed his arms, not saying anything. He wanted to know what was going on here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 6:16 am