A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private) Empty Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/7/2015, 8:29 am

Arian was waiting for Yoshi on the beach, holding her surfboard upright next to her. She had ditched her jewels and heels, changing into her white one piece swimsuit, her beach bag at her feet. She still had her Ray-Bans on for the time being, her sunkissed hair bound into a ponytail over her shoulder, barely moving with the salty ocean breeze.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male
    Number of posts : 1770
    Registration date : 2010-12-22

Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private) Empty Re: Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private)

Post by Ardelis 7/7/2015, 8:35 am

I walk in and the first thing i notice is the water bright blue with gentle waves lapping at the sandy beach. I look around snapping out the the rythmic trance the waves seemed to cause and spot Arian. I set both my hammer and beach bag next to her and ask "Now what? I have no board."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private) Empty Re: Surfing lessons and other cool stuff (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/7/2015, 9:27 am

"Don't worry about that, there's a shed," she said, pointing to a small wooden building, a bit like a garden house. "My friend Maddy said she was okay with lending you hers."

A minute later, she came back holding Maddy's surfboard: it was a longboard, just like hers, with stylized dolphins and leopards on its back -- Maddy was a daughter of Dionysus after all.

"Here you go," she said, reaching it over with a smile.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/7/2015, 9:37 am

"Tell her thanks when you can." I say as I take the board and walk to the shore take my shirt off and throw it towards where my hammer lay close to the lolling waves but just out of reach of any tide. Then step into the water so that I'm ankle deep in the cool water allowing the cool tingle to spread upwards and acclimate me to the waters cooler temperature. 
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2015, 5:35 am

"Will do," Arian smiled, wading into the fresh water with him.

She first taught him how to paddle out, do a turtle roll, catch a wave without the front of the board digging into the water and avoid pearling. Surfing isn't easy but she kept encouraging him and giving him tips and tricks to get better.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/11/2015, 9:24 am

After learning everything Arian taught me.I slowly started to get the hang of surfing. So after catching a small wave i paddle over to her. "Thanks I'm so glad you didn't let me push you away, I honestly can say I had fun."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/11/2015, 5:48 pm

Arian beamed at him, her eyes sparkling with glee. She was floating on her board next to him, her soaked hair glistening up in the sun rays.

"That's awesome!" She said, genuine enthusiasm in her voice. "Surfing is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, you can't stop!"

Another wave came rolling at them and Arian paddled, getting her feet on her board just as it was getting picked up by the wave. She found her balance immediately, almost naturally, and started gliding across the water effortlessly, streaking it with white.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/11/2015, 6:16 pm

By the gods she's fantastic and not that bad looking. I think blushing slightly. I paddle over just as she comes to a stop.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/12/2015, 5:17 am

The wave curved above Arian as she twisted and turned in the liquid tunnel, which threatened to crash down on her. She brushed a side of it with her open hand, sending a sprinkle of droplets to cover her olive skin. On a surfboard, she felt so free and weightless...as if she were flying...
    The wave started falling down and she rode it up fast until she broke through, her board spinning like a discus, and jumped into the water. A column of white bubbles gathered around her. With a stroke, she came back to the surface and pushed her hair out of her face, chuckling. Surfing gave her such a sense of freedom and euphoria...

Arian saw Yoshi coming to her and grabbed her board, stopping next to him. "Pretty wicked, huh?" She giggled, sitting up on her board. "You're getting really good by the way, I can't believe it's your first day on a board!" On her first days, Arian had spent most of the time falling in the water and getting knocked off balance.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/12/2015, 10:29 am

"I'vealways been a quick study." I wink a wry smile appearing on my lips. "Just another gift for being a son of Hephaestus."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/12/2015, 12:37 pm

"I can see that," Arian chuckled. Just like she was a natural with arts and music and medicine, Hephaestus kids had a thing for adapting quickly and learning on the spot.
    They rode several more waves before swimming back to the shore, their skin gleaming with water. Arian shouldered her board and stepped out onto the beach, sand caking her feet. She came to a halt next to her stuff and took out her deep blue beach towel, wrapping herself in it and rubbing herself dry.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/12/2015, 1:06 pm

[size=41]I walk onto the beach the water running in rivulets down and around my sculpted muscles. I grimace as i step into the sand "Just learned that i hate the feeling of sand caking my feet." I shudder. I grab my towel and begin to dry off.[/size]
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 7:16 am

"Just wash it off at the showers," Arian suggested, pointing to the surf board shed. Indeed, there was a small shower part that only gave cold water -- but Arian wasn't going to complain, it was a very hot day. She laid her towel flat on the sand and sat down on it, letting the sun do its work. In a minute or so, she'd be dry.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/13/2015, 9:45 am

I trot over to the shed and put the board away bringing socks and shoes with me to the shower. I quickly rinse off all the sand then put my shoes and socks on so they won't get dirty again. I walk back over lay out a towel next to Arian then lay down enjoying the sun's rays.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 12:11 pm

Arian enjoyed the warmth of the sun, laying on her towel. She had gotten her Ray-Bans from her bag even though she didn't really need them (she could look directly at the sun without experiencing any ocular damage), and had her hands under her neck. It felt so good to simply relax, hearing the rushing of the waves in the background and feeling the heat on her skin.

"Aaah, this reminds me of Italy, my home country," she said with a wide smile, passing a hand through her hair. Then she turned her face to Yoshi and raised an eyebrow. "Where are you from?"
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/13/2015, 3:07 pm

"I'm from the states." I reply as I roll over to expose my back to the sun. My face now looking right at her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 5:46 pm

"Oh, which one?" Arian knew a lot of people from different states here: Florida, Maine, Texas, California, North Carolina, Alabama... Sometimes she felt a bit odd being one of the few Europeans. Heck, one of the only Italians: only other Italian she knew (well, "knew", they didn't hang out and she just knew him from lessons) was Nathan, the son of Melinoe.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/13/2015, 6:07 pm

"Oklahoma. Not many people here from there though." 
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 6:12 pm

"Do you miss it a lot?" Arian asked. She didn't miss her home since she went to Camp Half-Blood on holidays, but she knew year rounders could get quite homesick. As for her, in a month's time she'd be back to the colorful streets and scooter-filled roads of Naples, with her mother and stepfather. But the gods knew how much she missed camp from time to time.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/13/2015, 6:37 pm

"No, I don't really miss it. I just get lonely and I have no one to make stuff for." I sigh
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/14/2015, 5:47 am

Arian wondered how a guy like him could be lonely. He was friendly and talented, such a combination rarely stayed alone.

"Do you have any big projects?" She asked. "Forging-wise I mean. I don't know, a flame-thrower that doubles as a gardening bot, a car that works with nitro, an Iron Man suit..." She said all that a bit in a joking-cheerful tone, but she knew what Hephaestus kids were capable of, and it was freaking amazing. She didn't doubt they could full well make an Iron Man suit if they wanted to.One of the girls even had smart matter in her walls, which made her able to communicate with the interface of her room -- how cool was that?

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/14/2015, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/14/2015, 7:52 am

"I've discovered that depression and loneliness are great inhibitors to forging but it keeps me from focusing enough to write runes to make magical items. It's awful honestly, but your help makes a world of difference. So thank you."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/15/2015, 6:40 am

OOC: I had a post up and my computer died on me. ;_;

BIC: "You're welcome," Arian softly replied with a warm smile. She then pushed her Ray-Ban up into her hair and rolled onto her side. "What type of items do you forge, if it's not indiscreet?" she asked, one of her eyebrows lifting like it always did when she asked something.
    Being all about art and creativity, Arian really enjoyed the company of children of Hephaestus: with them, she had things to talk about. She tended to avoid people who lacked imagination and originality since she found them quite dull after a while, but she loved sharing ideas, techniques and projects with people who were as much into craftsmanship and artistry as her.
    Ardelis
    Ardelis

Male

Post by Ardelis 7/15/2015, 7:40 am

"I can craft anything, but I can only make one magical item a week. But as long as I understand how it works I can craft it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/17/2015, 6:48 pm

"That is seriously amazing. So, could you make...," she let her gaze drift to the side as she mused, "... a security drone that doubles as a spray paint can?" She chuckled at her own suggestion, but still looked up at Yoshi for an answer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:56 am