A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

"Hey,...coffee?"

Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

"Hey,...coffee?" Empty "Hey,...coffee?"

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/27/2015, 12:45 am

Nestor finallly got for himself a chance to get back to New York and enjoy a day-off, avoiding the sparring lessons and enjoyed a good cup of coffee, his favorite type: basic decaf, with milk. It's been like a few months since he last entered this shop. They made it perfectly, and they seemed to have telekinesis, since somehow, they all knew what guests favored.

"Anything else?" the waiter asked, after Nestor ordered his regular favorite. He tilted his head, looked at the waiter, ideas popping in his head. Then he spoke softly. "Add me a glass of water if you don't mind."

"Sure." the waiter said, then quickly dashed off to make Russ's cafe.

Nestor sat back on his chair, pulling out his laptop. The screen came to life, He pressed his keyboard rapidly, checking his e-mail. Great. 49 messages in one day. And most of them were ads. Some were messsages from his dad James, with a "Hi" from his step-mom.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

"Hey,...coffee?" Empty Re: "Hey,...coffee?"

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/18/2015, 9:44 pm

Jane enjoyed the days where she was able to get away from camp. She found the confines of the camp to be frustrating, leaving her feeling restless and this frequently exploded into acts of violence. She fought anyone for any reason, getting into fights with virtually anyone in camp. Some fights she won, some fights Jane woke up in the medical facilities at the camp. She could not help it.
    She did not mean to be like this, just well camp frustrated her. Jane always maintained a state of constant vigilance mixed with paranoid caution. When she found no threats or potential threats, Jane created them. This state was paradoxically countered by her apparent recklessness, bordering heedless of her own need to survive, matched with insane bravado.

Such a mixture of traits, really did not sit well in the security of camp. Jane decided to travel to New York, perhaps she might for once have a day where she did not get into trouble?
    The chances of her learning to speak fluent French in an hour was probably more likely than her managing to avoid trouble for a day.
    The six foot four form of Jane entered the coffee shop, her dark brown hair cut so that it brush her neck. It had been dyed purple her favourite colour.

She ordered her coffee and seated herself down at an empty table, glancing every so often round the room, drumming her fingers on the desk. Even here, she found herself unable to relax, there were threats out here. Monsters to fight, both mythical and real.
    She needed to be ready, just in case.

OOC: I apologise for the delay in the reply.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/19/2015, 12:24 am

OOC: Nah, it's fine

BIC:

Typing a reply to his dad, he took a cautious move by highlighting all of it and pressed Copy. Just as he suspected, the screen was blank white and it stopped loading. No response. Lucky he got it saved. Then he facepalmed himself, realizing such a horrible place to sit this was. It labelled "Very Low". He should have sat right next to the modem, that way he would have had "Fabulous" connection. Ironically they don't allow it.

Sitting at a table which the wifi was excellent, he found himself sitting opposite another girl.

"Hey, mind if I sit here? I need a better connection for this thingy." he said, tapping his finger on the computer.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/19/2015, 4:32 am

"Sure." Jane replied. "I was just waiting for my hot drink." She did not recognise him from Camp, there were after all many demigods there. Not to mention, Jane really didn't focus on the numbers, there were many demigods coming and going into the camp.
    She glanced over her shoulder, wishing for something to happen. She could do with a fight, any monster would do.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/19/2015, 4:57 am

The wifi level went up by four knots, and he grinned a smile as he reloaded and copied down the e-mail he was about to e-mail his dad. Basically, the e-mail was a "Hi", then a bunch of status update from Camp. Pressing the "Send" button, and after the e-mail was confirmed to have been sent, he silently closed the computer and waiting for his decaf.

The waiter was confused when he found Nestor disappeared from the table, but then the demigod quickly gestured for him to change.
    "Thanks." he murmured, his voice raised so that the waiter could hear his appreciation. Taking a sip, he put the decaf on the table. "Hey, coffee?" he gestured the cup of coffee toward her. "It helps you in staying awake and all that. Especially in keeping your guard, am I right?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/19/2015, 7:58 am

"I've got my own coming." Jane replied, dismissing his offer. She hated the wait for the coffee but it was not enough to get her temper up. No, those things were usually anything frustrating such as not being allowed on a boat, unwanted affections from both males and females. Jane knew what she wanted out of a relationship, unwanted advances were rebuffed, forcefully if need be.
    The boy with coffee, he was alright... If just at her table. Jane secretly hungered for the fight, one of the reasons why most of her friends were children of Ares. As her godly parent was Briareus, her temperament happened to be wildly unpredictable and like storms everywhere ferocious.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/19/2015, 9:26 am

"Well, you better look out for any of them out there, if you know what I mean." Trying not to look inconspicuous somehow, he winked at her then took a sip of coffee as if nothing had gone between the two of them.

OOC: Apologies for the short post, writer's block got meh
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/19/2015, 2:03 pm

"Yes because six foot four girls with dyed purple hair always pass unnoticed." Jane's reply was filled with sarcasm. She hoped that she would have reason to fight, she hungered for battle deep down, just not as much as an Ares child might.

OOC: It is okay ^^
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/19/2015, 8:09 pm

"Nope." he replied with sarcasm."Six foot four girls with dyed purple hair draws the attention of monsters, cause' it looks conspicuous. Am I right again my fellow demigod? And don't be surprised, your actions and appearance gave them all away." taking the final sip of the coffee, he laid the cup on the table, then turned back to the other demigod. "So, what brings you out here, uhh…" he lost his words. "What should I address you as?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/19/2015, 8:24 pm

"Why hide when the enemy can smell you coming?" Jane countered, the monsters could scent the delectable aroma of demigods, the more powerful the stronger the smell.
    Her coffee arrived, she took a sip wincing at the bitter taste. Pausing to add sugar to the mixture. "Got to off set my foul personality with something sweet." She joked.
    "Not surprised just curious as to why you'd bring it up? And no reason." Jane took another sip of the coffee, there now it was drinkable. The sweetness in the coffee needed to be just right, too little it was undrinkable just like if there happened to be too much in it.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/19/2015, 8:54 pm

"Oh, bringing it up because you know, two demigods in one place would definitely draw the attention of a lot of monsters, don't you think?" smiling innocently, he continued. "You still haven't answer my question yet, so what brought you out here in this such a deadly mine field?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/20/2015, 3:48 am

"No reason." Jane said more forcefully this time with a glare to back it up. She did not have to answer his questions, she could go where she liked. He after all, was not part of her admittedly small circle of close friends so he possessed no right to know the information which he sought. Yes, Jane enjoyed making things difficult, if she did not wish to answer a question, she would not.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/20/2015, 4:52 am

"Ah, okay then." he gave up, taking a gulp of water. "Don't you have sparring lessons or anything at Camp?" Nestor dropped the cup of water and asked. But then he guessed it would be futile to do so. The waiter hurried to his side and he gave the guy a paycheck, along with cash added in it for a tip. "Ight'." he decided to start the trolling, beginning with reverting to his British accent which he practiced for quite a while, but was never 100% true. "We should get out of here as soon as possible, because," he started quoting Hikaru Sulu, "'if we stay here much longer, they will find us.'"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/20/2015, 11:32 am

"No, today I do not." Though Jane wished that she did, the Finnish girl loved sparring however it failed in comparison to being on a boat, or swimming, or just near water in general. Usually, the demigod felt so much better by the water. "Let them find us I will defeat all who chose to challenge me." A fight would be nice, yet she knew that if it could be avoided, it should.
    "I suppose one must choose to give battle at a time of their own choosing and a coffee shop would not do as a setting." Jane smirked, finishing her coffee, having paid when she ordered it not really expecting to stay long in the coffee shop. She had after all planned to take it out and enjoy it on the go.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/21/2015, 12:55 am

"A daredevil, eh? Well, just note that that will get you killed one day. Monsters are not that easy to kill, you'll see. And I guess I can stick around, the more the merrier." Pulling out a handle, he laid it on the table. Putting one finger on the ruby attached to the hilt, while the other hand tapping rapidly on the table. Yeah, he was nervous as well and he also looked conspicuous.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/21/2015, 3:56 am

"Death is one path we all must walk sooner or later." Jane retorted, she did not care if she died, or at least liked to think that. With danger and battle, always came the chance of death. If one went into battle thinking that they shall live, then they will die, if one went into battle thinking that they will die than they shall live.
    "Pfft you act like this ain't my first rodeo I've fought and killed plenty of monsters they might be tough... But so are we."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/22/2015, 1:03 am

"True, true." he remarked. "But, I have a quote of my own. 'One's despise and boast is one's failure'. And like I said earlier, you're not gonna last as long as everyone out here." Nestor shrugged. "Just don't complain to Hades why it happened, though."

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/22/2015, 3:44 am

"You keep acting like I'm some newbie rookie demigod wanna be who has never been out of camp before boy." Jane's trade mark temper began to flare up. "I've been out of camp plenty of times I know the risks so get down from your high horse of superiority because you 'know' the dangers of being away from camp." She stood up to leave. "And another thing I've lasted a lot longer than most to live to this age and I'm never going to need to ask the why of it, you know why?" Jane pointed a finger at him. "Because when I die it will be as a result of fighting besides my friends as I won't abandon them." With that she whipped around and stormed out of the shop, slamming the door shut behind her.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/22/2015, 3:58 am

Nestor looked blankly as she slammed the cafe door shut. She didn't look back, and she called him playing superior, considering her as a newbie. He was simply implementing the fact that it was risky being so reckless.

She sure was a hotheaded and stubborn.

When she jabbed her finger at him, his mood was perfectly calm, then when she whipped around in her chair and shot up, ran out to the door, his expression was unreadable.

Finally putting his laptop back in the bag, he thought about their little conversation, how fast it went down the hill. Standing up, Nestor looked at the door, then quickly darted toward and out of it, intending on returning to camp.

OOC: And the topic ends. Dun dun dun, the credit rolls

Director: J.J Abrams
    Producer: Khan
    Writer: Khan
    Cast: Khan, Khan and Khan
    SFX: Khan

(He makes everything cuz he's superior in every way)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 1:02 pm