A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only]

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only] Empty The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/16/2016, 1:07 pm

The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only] 2u8xz7c
    With a few days before the ball happening at Blackthorn Manor, the three Duchannes siblings flew into their home tow in New Zealand and began preparations for the guests staying at their home. Sarafina, their mother, was bustling about with the butlers and maids to try and get everything in it’s proper order before things really kicked off. Then the day arrived for their first guests. Lena had sent everyone an invitation about hotels to stay at and special invitations for the few that were staying at her home and smiled as she stood on the steps of her home. Syn was looking as strapping as always but had his arms crossed in front of his chest and Duke sitting next to him. Stark was sitting to the right of Lena and Thor to her left a few steps back. The hound knew his place against the white alpha, all the dogs did. James was sitting next to Malik and looked a little out of place with his red patterns on his black hide but looked at home non the less. You did tell them where the house was and when to get here right? Syn complained as his mother walked out onto the steps with his younger half sister and adopted brother on either side. She gave him a quick smack on the back of his head and he flinched. “Synyster you know your sister is more than capable of taking care of things on her own.”

Lena smiled at her mother and looked behind her. Syn was a few steps behind her on her right and Malik was as well to her left. Their mother was standing on the ground with her two other children, they were closer to the railing as her demigod children were in the middle of the stairway. It looked like any formal greeting for an aristocratic family welcoming guests. They’ll be here any moment. Lena told herself as she rested her hand on Starks head and began to pet him slightly. There had been two different private cars sent of the guests and the drivers knew to hold their signs with the last names of the demigods so that they had a  ride to the manor. It was customary and just kind of the family seeing as finding a cab was terribly hard.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only] Empty Re: The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only]

Post by Metilinos 4/16/2016, 6:20 pm

"The sky?!" Andrew asked. He was now starting to question if Netha was playing fair.

The wolf remained motionless, sitting in her usual position. She looked Andrew in the eye, dead center. Her resolve was not to be questioned. She had Andrew stumped.

"Air? The enitreity of the land that is New Zealand? The driver-" Andrew stopped, and smirked. "The driver's soul?" He whispered to Netha quietly.

The wolf still didn't react.

"C'mon, Neth', I'm starting to think you're cheating here. You said it wasn't any color." Andrew made the accusation, and the wolf only narrowed her eyes. The car took a somewhat familiar turn, and the castle was in view. "Uh-oh." Andrew said. The once breath-taking view was now just a little awkward. He'd once told someone very important in this castle that he was incapable in a lot of ways, defending his ex-girlfriend. Of course, his ex-girlfriend was a resident here. Andrew still wasn't sure exactly how he came to stay in Blackthorn. "Alrighty, fine, show me what 'you spied' with your greyscale vision." Andrew joked.

Netha's paw simply gently padded against the glass window. Andrew's smile instantly faded. "The window? That's so against the unspoken code of 'I Spy!" Andrew argued. He could only imagine that the driver was likely a little uncomfortable, with a boy talking to a wolf. Making one New Zealand resident afraid of America a day; Andrew was living the dream.

"Okay, ground rules and final notes. Don't hurt anybody unless they deserve it- y'know what, maybe just don't hurt anyone at all. Also, I blame you at least fifty percent for this. They loved you. Help me get through this, and I will work on not taking awkward commitments." Andrew went over his thoughts with Netha, who gave her usual glare, which actually softened for a moment when she nodded. Andrew would have mocked her, as a joke, but his door opened. He stepped out, and even the general oxygen felt awkward.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only] Empty Re: The Royal Court [Blackthorn Overnight Guests Only]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/17/2016, 8:12 am

Lena eyes Andrew and stayed in her place as her mother smiled and walked over. "Welcome back Andrew. It's a pleasure to see you after so long." She smiled as she gave the demigod a gentle hug, smiling down at Netha and motioning to her other children. "You already know Leanna and Synyster but allow me to introduce my son Malik, he's my second child and Lena's older brother." The white haired teen smiled and gave a small bow as James did as well. Stepping down the stairs with Stark by her side the only daughter of Thanatos made her way down to Andrew. Follow me to your room please. She said rather plainly before turning and walking up the stairs with her hands clasped behind her back and her hounds walking at her side.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 4/18/2016, 12:01 am

The hug from the head of the Duchannes household was welcomed, if not just a little bit uncomfortable. Andrew had always liked Lena's mother. She was accepting and kind, beyond measure. Even when Netha hadn't taken the slightest interest in even making a slight connection, she had still accepted Netha; it was a true rarity that made Andrew think highly of her. That is to say, Andrew still considered the occasion to be abnormal. At least until he spotted Malik. Andrew gave a quick wave, an eyebrow slightly raised, but not because of the white hair, anybody could have that. He was, however, at least slightly surprised by something. There was a third sibling?

It wasn't long before Lena had requested Andrew to follow her to his room. He followed her up the steps, looking for any conversation to have. At least he had Netha with him, through thick and thin. "Your mom is great, still probably the nicest person in this world." Andrew said, which didn't seem to lift the fog even slightly. He looked to Netha, who was looking back. He could pretty much tell what she would say if she could speak. "You're an idiot." Or something to that effect.

Andrew was good at a few things, and one of them was taking a situation by the horns and making it uncomfortable. "Soo..... how about that awkward post-breakup conversation though?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 1:10 am

You'll be staying in the east wing along with the rest of the men visiting. Supper is at seven and breakfast is at six but a butler will wake you. Netha is more than welcome to sleep in your room as well or anywhere else in the house that has an open door. Stark takes the hounds hunting at five and they meet the few wolves on the grounds often. Lena said as she pushed open double doors to a bedroom and motioned around the room. Stark sat by her side and Thor behind him. Bathroom is off to the left closet is on the right. Is there anything else I can help with? She asked bored and clearly showing it. These things, especially with an ex, were always awkward and made her more agitated. Truth be told she just wanted to go boarding with Malik or horseback riding with both of her siblings.

Spoiler:
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 4/18/2016, 1:57 am

Lena continued to act all business, which was very much out of character for her. Netha had made herself comfortable the second she'd reached the room, and promptly leaped onto the bed. Even still, she kept her typical death-glare on the entire party. Andrew was used to it by now, and he was actually relieved to have another warm body in the castle that would truly back him up under any circumstances, even if she had no thumbs.

"I'd actually rather not get up for six." Andrew said, with a shrug. Lena's utter lack of phase from any of his comments only made things more awkward. He was relatively sure he should just let it go, but that was rarely a part of his code. There was a single moment of utter awkwardness, and the air was too thick for Andrew to simply ignore. He eyed Netha, who seemed to still back him up, no matter what decision he made.

"Y'know, I really didn't want to stay here. I think it's the most awkward thing, and I think I'd be actually more comfortable surviving in the forest and hunting to live. I easily could too, believe me, my best friend is literally a predator. But Synyster invited me to stay, you know that. I know you don't like me and all, but the least you could do is not be so frickin' horrible about it. I'm trying to maintain some kind of bond, and you're just going out of your way to-" Andrew vented. He gave up midway though, as he had a feeling the only thing he was doing was boiling his own water. "I actually meant to say no, I didn't need anything else. Thank you. Have a good one."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 5:07 am

I'll let Thompson know not to wake you tomorrow morning. Shall I send Thor or Stark for Netha in the morning for hunting? She asked before her sense were bombarded by Andrew completely ranting to her about what happened. She furrowed her brow and crossed her arms in front of her, looking more like her normal self than the hostess her mother wanted her to be. If you could have said no, and you clearly don't want to be here, why did you say yes? Syn invited you because he wanted to see what you would do and believe me he wasn't the only one surprised you said yes. Malike was even surprised and he doesn't even know you. So why DID you say yes? She stated, pointing out the obvious and waiting for an answer she sort of deserved.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 4/18/2016, 8:05 pm

"That's a good burn." Andrew said, boiling it down to what it was. His head tilted, looking at his former girlfriend. What she and her brothers had done was slightly cruel, and Andrew wasn't sure he'd deserved something like that. He knew he could have a thick skull and be as stubborn as a mule; it was just a part of who he was. It had gotten him into problems on several occasions, like that time he accidentally burned down his neighbor's tree house, the Halloween Dance, and when he'd made that state trooper in Alaska angry. To be fair, why were there staties in Alaska anyway?

In any case, hurt or not, as always, Andrew wasn't ready to stay silent. "I'm not your little social experiment for you and your brothers to take bets on. I said yes because for once, I thought I should take some responsibility and do the mature thing. But, it's looking like that was the wrong choice, huh?" Andrew wasn't using the usual tone of voice he did. It was one thing to get in a fight with someone, it was another thing to find out you were being played like a pawn. Andrew turned away from Lena, looking out the window in his room. He could see the landscape from there.

"I'll see you at the dance, Lena."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 8:13 pm

Lena sighed and her demeanor changed from harsh to slightly vulnerable. Truth be told, you've been a nice change to the family ever since Malik, Syn and I moved to camp leaving mom here alone with her new husband. Synyster invited you because he wanted to see if you would go but also because our mother asked if we would. Walking over to where he was and resting a tentative hand on his upper back she tried to look at him. You really are welcome here any time Andrew, you and Netha both. Moving back towards the doors she stopped in her tracks. I'll tell Thompson to let you sleep in and I'll make sure Stark doesn't come to wake you, Netha.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 4/19/2016, 10:33 pm

Andrew didn't really have a response, he was somewhere between apologizing, being more angry, and making a joke about how ancient royalty used to use the bathroom anywhere in their castles. Out of all the history there was in the world to learn, Andrew didn't know much of the relevant history. Either way, Andrew kept his sights on the window. He sighed, he wasn't sure what to say or do. On one hand, Lena seemed genuine with him, something he couldn't always say, on the other hand, her brothers and her were gauging his reactions as a past time. "Look, Lena, I'm sor-" Andrew started talking, but he clammed his mouth when he looked at Netha.

Netha had pounced from her sitting position, now filling the gap between Andrew, and Lena and Stark. She didn't growl, but she did stay in a crouched position, as a sign that she was ready to do anything to protect Andrew, as to her, it was clear that he wasn't willing to protect himself.

For once, Andrew was too shocked to say anything, even a lame joke. The sight of Netha in front of him left him speechless. She'd always let him be the one to choose the fights to have. Andrew, in the moment was too shell-shocked. He knew Netha would fight for him, but he didn't know that she would instigate for him.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/19/2016, 11:23 pm

Lena saw Netha move close to between both of them and gave a warm smile before turning around and making her way to the double doors. I'll be in the Library or the glen we went to last time you were here if you want to talk. I'll see you later. She smiled shutting the doors behind Stark and the daughter of Thanatos made her way to the horse stable she had spent a lot of her time in when she was younger and hated her step father.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2016, 7:33 am

Laure arrived in a taxi, as she and Andrew had stayed behind in the town to look around a little and take some pictures. They pulled up in front of the manor in the middle of the afternoon, pulling their suitcases behind them. Laure was wearing a pale orange dress with flower brooches on the neckline and pink lipstick, her hair gathered up into a messy bun.

"Hey!" she smiled, waving. "I hope we're not too late?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/22/2016, 9:30 am

Syn smiled. Of all the demigods Lena had made him meet and inevitably befriend Laure was by far his favorite. Not at all Laure. Welcome to Blackthorn. The eldest son of Thanatos and Sarafina said as he descended he staircase with Duke at his side. How was the shopping? He asked as the servants began taking her baggage to the room they knew she was sleeping in, doing as they were told without having to be told verbally. That's my brother Malik and this is my families home as of thousands of years. He chuckled a little. Things were odd when he talked about just how long the Duchannes family owned Blackthorn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 5:23 am