A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Ghost of a Good Thing?

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Ghost of a Good Thing? Empty Ghost of a Good Thing?

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/6/2016, 3:03 am

Ghost of a Good Thing? 6s8dbb
    Name: Vete Darkshade
    Eyes: oceanic blue
    Hair: raven black
    Height: 5’8"
    Body Type: athletic
    Skin Color: pale
    God Parent: Khione-Goddess of snow
    Mortal Parent: Mark Darkshade
    Country of Origin: New Zealand
    Pets: female Collie named Harley
    Talents: singing, violin, guitar, snowboarding and dancing
    Weapon**: sword in CB as well as a bow and arrow set
    Personality: Vete is a rather bright and warm person, despite her parentage. She is very friendly towards others and loves just having a good time. She’s a total dog lover and loves her Harley with all her hear. The girl is terrified of storms to the point of curling into a ball and shaking, sometimes crying if its a harder rainstorm. Snowstorms though are entirley different, she loves walking in snow storms like you can find in the mountains in New Zealand or even Colorado. She’s also a bit naive as well, not as bad as some people are but it can be bad at times. She can also be quite possessive of things as well. If she’s ever in a relationship she doesn’t mind them talking to others people but if theres any kind of flirting going on she gets jealous and a bit clingy as well.
    Flaws: afraid of storms, naive, posessive, clingy and a few burn marks on her arms from when her father used to “punish her” and burn her with the ends of his cigarettes
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): withstand extreme cold down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Snow Fall- Vete can summon a light to medium snowfall for five up to ten posts with a radius of thirty feet from the location that she originally cast the spell. She can continue to move as the snow falls but the snow only falls in the area where her cast originated. She has to wait twenty five posts before doing this again. She an produce up to two and a half feet of snow at most with this power.
    Freeze- With a snap of the fingers three people can be frozen in place from the knees down in one foot thick ice from the spot where their feet were on the ground. It only lasts three posts but is very hard to get out of unless you melt it or have the patience to chop the ice to get out or it vanishes on its own. The ice cannot be summoned for ten posts afterwards. The ice seems to crawl across the ground after she snaps her fingers so moving someplace off the ground and away from the ice will avoid being caught. It takes two posts for the ice to crawl across the ground and can only go twenty feet in one direction
    Ice Breath- Much like Superman’s ice breath Vete can do a similar thing but it only goes twenty feet from where she is and she can only turn in a circle while doing this as well. Anything caught in her breath endures 0 degree Fahrenheit cold and sometimes frost bite as well. She can only exhale for three posts  but the girl cannot do it again for another eight posts.
    Life Before Camp*: Ok so Vete grandmother on her stepmother’s side of the family was a demigoddess as well so Vete was taken to live at camp when she was thirteen. The reason being that her father was a convicted felon as was her stepmother so she was given to the grandparents to be raised but when it was discovered by her grandmother that she as a demigod she waited and kept her safe until she could attend camp and not have to worry about being so young. Before she was sent to camp though Vete had a pretty good home life. Her grandparents provided for her as best they could seeing as they weren't as rich as some of the nobles but weren't barley getting by either. In school she was on the honor role every year and studied hard for all of her exams making her the top ranked in her class. She had a nice small group of friends she would travel with whenever they would take trips into hte mountains for snowboarding or skiing as well.From then on it was pretty smooth sailing. Her grandmother first really found out about her being a demigoddess when she would come in her room some nights and it would be unbearably cold to most normal people but Vete would be happily sleeping soundly when she was eleven years old. At her thirteenth birthday she took her to camp herself and parted ways happily, promising to be back every so often. Up until recently she was fine but with a death of one of the other campers in the Thanatos cabin she had been getting strange looks by some of the other campers.
    RP Example*: n/a
    Any notes about your characters: naval piercing, tongue piercing

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 8/13/2016, 2:20 am; edited 8 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Ghost of a Good Thing? Empty Re: Ghost of a Good Thing?

Post by Kendall 8/6/2016, 1:26 pm

Do you have an exotic pet slot for the wolf? 

Abilities:
    - How extreme can the cold be at most?

Powers:
    - How much snow does the first power produce at most? 
    - Reduce how long the second power lasts to 2-3 posts and give people a way to prevent themselves from being frozen.
    - Reduce the thickness of the ice, too.
    - How far at most can those three people be in order to be rooted to the spot with this power?
    - For the third power define "extreme cold."

LBC:
    - "Ok so Vete grandmother on her stepfather’s side of the family was a demigoddess as well so Vete was taken to live at camp when she was thirteen. The reason being that her father was a convicted fellon as was her stepmother" --> I suppose these both are supposed to be "stepmother" rather than "stepfather"?
    - Talk more about her in this section; you give us a summary of how she got to camp via her step-grandmother but give us little detail about how she lived. What was her schooling like? Did she have many friends? How did her grandmother discover she was a demigod?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/6/2016, 11:46 pm

EDITED!

-would she need one since Lyon 'gave' her the wolf. He still belongs to the hunter but spends most of his time with Vete when Lyon isn't in need of him for hunting and what not.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/7/2016, 4:32 pm

You'd still need an exotic pet slot, yes.

Abilities:
    - Reduce the cold tolerance to 0 degrees F at best.

Powers:
    - How long does it take for the second power to "crawl" to the person and latch onto them?
    - You didn't answer my range question for the second power.
    - Reduce how cold the frost breath is to around 20-30 degrees F.

LBC:
    - Around how old was Vete when her ice powers started to manifest noticeably enough for her grandma to realize she was a demigod?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/7/2016, 4:44 pm

EDITED!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/7/2016, 5:09 pm

Powers:
    - Raise the ice breath's minimum temperature to 20 degrees F.

LBC:
    - Since you removed the wolf from her Pets section, you'll need to alter the stuff about the Hunter giving her the wolf and all.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/7/2016, 5:13 pm

-But wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose? Because to me 20 degrees isn't really that bad and i live in Midwest America. 0 is cold but 20 isnt bad.

-edited
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 8/12/2016, 1:26 pm

Personality:

"She’s a total dog lover and loves her Leon with all her heart but that doesn’t mean she’s perfect."

This sentence doesn't make sense. I would take out the "but that doesn't mean she's perfect" part because it literally doesn't make sense there. Also who is Leon? You mean Harley?

Abilities:

My only issue here is that you said extreme cold, and listed 0 degrees fahrenheit. I converted it to the temperature I use and that's only -17/-18 celsius and most people can withstand that. I would try and go for -40 degrees fahrenheit. That'd be pretty extreme especially if she could do it in normal clothing.  (I know Kenny stated otherwise, but each approver has their own limits. Just I think -18 isn't that bad. Here in Canada you can easily wear a fall jacket and survive that. I bet in America you can too. Also she's a daughter of Khione. )

Powers:

Ice Breath: I actually agree with you Neri. 20 is only -6 for me, and that's hardly sweater weather for me. That wont freeze anything really. I say keep it at 0 F.

Fix the other two things and you're good to go, my dear. (:
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/13/2016, 2:20 am

EDITED!!
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 8/13/2016, 4:14 am

Vete is approved!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:29 am