A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Mortals can't be in camp... (private)

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Mortals can't be in camp... (private) Empty Mortals can't be in camp... (private)

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 10:57 am

Jason was at the beach the day after the house party. It felt so great to be back in camp, which was not a feeling he usually had. He was relaxed in a beach chair, listening to music from his phone. He was in swimming trunks; he hoped that he would swim later. He was worn out, though; he kinda fell in love, packed up, went to say bye to his dad, returned to camp, unpacked, slept, went to the gym, and ate breakfast and went to the beach all in the span of like 10 hours, meaning he got very little sleep. Jason was supposed to meet Miles here around this time.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Mortals can't be in camp... (private) Empty Re: Mortals can't be in camp... (private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 12:19 pm

Mortals can't be in camp... (private) Tumblr_oimmkznOFl1rsc3z0o2_400

After the night before, Allison wanted nothing more than to just sit in her cabin and read a book. Maybe even one in German. That wasn't what she was doing. Miles was forcing her to go the beach with him. Allison hadn't bothered to do her hair or makeup that day. Her hair fell down naturally and she was wearing her glasses. It wasn't common to see Allison out and about like this, but she didn't want to be out, and she was going to make sure that Miles was aware of it. As they walked down to the beach, Miles had a smug and mischievous smile on his face. Allison was annoyed and wanted to punch that stupid look off his face. "I saw you last night." "I don't want to talk about it." Miles' smile grew. "That seems hard." Miles said, pointing across the beach. Allison followed his hand and her jaw dropped when she saw Jason. "Miles, what have you done?" Allison dove behind Miles. Miles shouted, "Hey Jason!"

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Mortals can't be in camp... (private) Empty Re: Mortals can't be in camp... (private)

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 12:34 pm

Jason was listening to music, and not really paying attention to anything or anyone. Is this love sickness? Or exhaustion? Or a combination? Or neither? Jason was thinking to himself, and enjoying the peace and quiet. Then, of course, he was shouted at by someone. Jason took out his earbuds and looked that direction, and saw Miles. Damnnnn it. He was happy to see his friend, but at the same time he didn't want to see him, because he knew Miles would want to talk about what happened the prior night. Jason got up and walked over.

"Yeah?" he asked, but then realized there was a girl behind Miles. "Miles, I'm not in the mood for you to play matchmaker for me right now," he said, not being able to see it was Allison. "I'm tired and kind of upset. That girl you introduced me to last night- I can't stop thinking about her, Miles. This doesn't happen to me, like ever."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 12:55 pm

Allison gulped behind Miles as Jason talked about her. Miles' smug smile didn't falter at all as Jason talked, though. "Oh, it's funny you should mention her because..." Miles jumped to the side and smiled as Allison stood up a little straighter, no longer able to hide behind her cousin. Miles crossed his arms, an amused smile on his face. This had been his plan the whole time, Allison realized. He was getting back at her for something, but she didn't know what. She was going to kill him. "Hi Jason." Allison said quietly, her British accent much less prevalent than the night before.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 1:16 pm

Jason saw Allison and started rubbing his eyes. "I knew that soda tasted weird. Or, wait, did I use magic on myself? Am I that tired? Miles, what kind of Hypnos illusion joke are you pulling?" he took a few steps back. "Allison? Is that really you?" he asked in almost a childish voice. "Miles, why must you torture me? How did she even get in camp?" Unluckily for him, Jason knew the answer to that dumb question. How had he never noticed her in camp?
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 3:49 pm

Allison pushed her glasses up her nose, looking at the ground. She understood what was going on. She knew she looked good the night before, and now she didn't. Any interest that Jason had had in her was now gone. The same couldn't be sad for her. Allison looked up at Jason, and her heart skipped a beat. "Um, yeah. It's me." Allison pushed her hands back through her hair, moving it out of her face. "Allison is a daughter of Athena." Miles explained, his smug smile growing. That had to be the nail in the coffin. There was no way that someone like him would be into an Athena kid.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 4:00 pm

Jason looked back and forth between Miles and Allison for a second. There had to be something going on. Jason didn't know what it was, either. "I'm, uh, a son of Hecate. You look so much different. And your voice isn't as British-y. You look a better different though, like, I don't know how to explain it. I'm just...amazed at what's happening. Allison, I haven't been able to get you out of my head for the last, like, 12 hours or whatever. You couldn't possibly know how happy I am to know your a demigod. I'd like, hug you if it wouldn't make everything ten times more awkward, you know, with me being shirtless and your cousin standing right here."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 4:23 pm

Allison swallowed as Jason talked. She looked over at Miles, whose face was starting to fall. He wasn't expecting this to have gone well. "I...I'm gonna go." Miles took off in a full sprint. Allison wanted to take off after him and wring his neck, but she could't move away from Jason. "I'm sorry about the accent thing. My accent isn't naturally that strong. I just... Guys just like it more. I'm also quite a bit smarter than I may have let on." Allison added. She wanted so badly to throw herself into Jason's arms and kiss him again, but she knew she couldn't do that. She didn't believe in love like that anymore. She couldn't believe in love like that anymore. "I...I don't know what to say, Jason. I...I didn't think of it as anything more than a one night mortal thing. Anyway, you're not my type." Allison lied.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 4:32 pm

Jason was confused as of why Miles left- maybe it was to give them privacy, but he looked almost upset. Puzzle pieces started to connect in his head. Was this some sort of joke? What did I ever do to him? "The accent thing is fine, I don't really mind the way you talk." He listened to what she had to say, and became a little upset. Little meaning so badly he wanted to punch a steel reinforced wall. "Oh. Sorry, then. I just made things awkward. I never make things awkward." Jason rubbed the back of his head. "Well, uh, I don't know what to say. Bye, I guess?" he turned away, walking back to his chair.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 4:50 pm

Mortals can't be in camp... (private) Tumblr_okbjg4Rlhm1uxr9zvo8_400

Allison stood there tense as Jason responded. She knew that if she looked up at him, she wouldn't be able to let him walk away. She couldn't fight the urge. Allison looked up at the son of Hecate. "Wait, Jason. Just, wait a second." Allison took a few seconds to collect herself. She was Allison Ryder. She was confident and smart. Allison fixed her glasses. "That was a bit harsh. I'm sorry. I just, don't know you at all, and I'm not exactly open to having a boyfriend right now. I'm not making any promises, but maybe, maybe someday, if we stay friends..." Allison said, louder and more confident.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 4:58 pm

Jason stopped and listened. "OKay, fine. We can be friends," he said in an almost irritated manner. "I've known you for 12 hours and you've already friendzoned me. This is a new record low." He smiled. "Do you want to go eat or swim or something?" he asked. "I would ask if you wanted to go to the arena, but I'm tired from working out this morning," he said, flexing his right arm. He looked around. "Where did Miles even go?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 5:11 pm

Allison groaned a little bit. "First of all if we are going to be anything someday, or even if we are just going to be friends you need to stop saying stuff like that. Don't call me hot as if that is a compliment that you "thought I didn't hear"." Allison put air quotes around the end of the sentence. "And don't say that I friendzoned you. I have no obligation to you. The friendzone isn't a real thing." Allison said, confident and strong, like her true self. She was too smart to be treated like that. Allison made her way down to the water. Allison groaned at the mention of Miles. "I have a feeling he was using you as a pawn. He expected me to fall head over heels for you and then to have you break my heart back here at camp. I don't think he saw this going how it did." Allison practically hissed. She was going to kill him.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 5:23 pm

Jason was impressed at her somewhat lengthy speech. "Sorry," he said, "the hot thing was only to compliment you, I didn't think you were smart enough to figure it out. I mean, at first, not now. And, as for the whole friendzone thing..." he wanted to argue, but decided it wasn't that big of a deal. Some things in life aren't worth arguing about. "I'm sorry for that too." Jason followed her to the water. "Oh, so it was revenge on you. I thought it was revenge on me. I don't know why he would've done that, though, what did you do to him?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 6:15 pm

Allison tossed her cover-up onto the sand and revealed a black bathing suit with the sides cut out. 'Y'know the whole "date with destiny" thing? I had to do with that." Allison said, moving farther out in to the chilly water. It was cold, but in a good way. It was enough to distract herself from Jason and not throw herself at him.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 6:19 pm

"Oh gosh, what did you do? How did you torture him?" Jason asked, going into the water. He was trying to not be distracted by her, but now that she had a bathing suit on, it was hard not to. He looked the opposite direction. "I'd recommend taking of your glasses if you're going to swim," he said, and laughed.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 1:23 am

Allison laughed. "Maybe, someday, I'll tell you the story. Someday, I'll be able to talk about it." Allison had almost outed Miles and the Apollo boy when they had come back from a party late one night together. Miles really didn't want Emma to know. Once Emma knew something among the four of them, it suddenly felt much more real. Allison fixed her glasses on her face. "I can't see my own hand a foot from my face without them. I'll just have to not swim."

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/11/2017, 1:37 am

Jason nodded, deciding not to press the subject if she didn't way to tell him. "I'm assuming you wear contacts most of the time, then?" he asked, still looking away. "So, tell me what your life is really like. I mean, I'm assuming you lied back at the party." Jason felt exhausted doing this; he couldn't look at her, and he was just trying to make conversation to help himself make this easier. He didn't want to admit it now that he knew how she felt, but he'd give so much to pull her close and kiss her again, just like he had at the party. At that point, though, it was just for fun. Now it was more serious. He wondered if she noticed that he was looking away from her.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 1:59 am

"I'm wearing my glasses because I wanted it to be very clear to Miles that I hadn't wanted to leave my cabin." Allison was doing everything that she could to not look at Jason. Fortunately, though, when she did look at him, he was looking away. Allison found that curious. If he actually, found her "hot," and wasn't appalled by how she looked today in comparison to the previous night, what was the problem? Allison sighed. "I wouldn't necessarily say I was lying. I do like makeup and theater, they are just smaller parts of my life. I lived in London until I was 11, when I moved to live in Phoenix with Miles, Emma, and then, later, Dallas. Then we slowly started coming to camp. What lies did you tell?" Allison raised an eyebrow.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/11/2017, 2:06 am

"So, wait, are you like ashamed of wearing glasses or something? I don't know why you would be, that's so stupid. You still look ho- er, beautiful with them on." Jason looked at her, but after a few seconds of looking at her, looked away, gulping. I don't even know what to do or say at this point. "That's cool. I lied about the part where I said my name was Jason Sungo," he joked. "Nah, in reality, my dad's the owner of Sungo, Inc., yadda yadda yadda, I'm a demigod. Not much of a story. I didn't really lie, more like avoid the truth. So, do you maybe want to do something but stand here in cold water awkwardly while we don't look at each other? Maybe we could take a walk in the forest or something?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 2:01 pm

Allison smiled mischievously to herself. "I wouldn't say that it's all that awkward, and I can look at you, especially if I do this." Allison cupped her hands and splashed a large amount of water on Jason. Allison laughed a little bit and then crossed her arms. "Okay, now I am ready to go take a walk." Allison said smugly.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/11/2017, 2:41 pm

Jason wasn't sure what to expect when she said 'especially if I do this,' and he didn't know how to react with being drenched with water. "That's not funny," he said with a serious face, then broke into a grin, "you gotta do it more like this." He splashed a slightly-larger amount of water at her. "Now, let's go take that walk." Jason walked out of the water, and went to grab his things. "I'm going to go change before we take this walk," he added.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/12/2017, 11:41 am

Allison groaned when she got hit by water and wiped the water off of her glasses as she followed Jason out of the water. She grabbed her towel and finished wiping the water off of her face. "I wanna change, too. Shall we meet in the north woods in, like, a half hour?" Allison suggested.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/12/2017, 11:58 am

"Sure," Jason said. "I'll see you then." He smiled and walked away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content