A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

a tour of camp [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

a tour of camp [private] Empty a tour of camp [private]

Post by Kendall 5/22/2016, 5:27 pm

Lunch at the Mess Hall hadn't been too bad; the lines were short, none of the Ares or Hermes kids had tried to start a food fight again, they had chocolate pudding out for dessert. Archer would have preferred to take a longer break before giving Matthias a tour, but the sooner they got it done the better -- the guy probably just wanted to get settled in after running around for maybe a few days all the way to camp.

He decided to start with the Common Area, since that was where the majority of camp activity was; they'd go to the end of the path, where the stables and chariot race track bordered the forest and strawberry fields, then make their way back to the cabins where Archer would just give him a brief runthrough of which belonged to which god(s). 

As they walked toward the path from the Mess Hall, Archer ran a hand through his hair and asked him, "So, any questions before we begin? Like about what we offer here, quest or training opportunities, people to avoid or camp social life in general, et cetera?"
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male
    Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2016-05-05

a tour of camp [private] Empty Re: a tour of camp [private]

Post by Psyroflux 5/23/2016, 9:52 pm

I smile to myself, now satisfied from the large lunch after not eating for a day. It was surprising the large selection of food available, and to see the elf like nymphs delivering small platters around.

I crack my knuckles, "Well I should probably know what life is gonna be like here, learning about quests and who to hate sounds fun though." I laugh at that.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/26/2016, 10:27 pm

[ooc: Apologies for the wait, real life got to me.]

Archer rubbed the back of his neck, pondering all the possibilities of camp life: it was just like a high school from the movies, but with more monsters and death than would be recommended for a PG-13 audience. "Mmyeah, I s'ppose. People are sorta clique-y around here -- loners, jocks, nerdy kids, whatever -- but lots of people from every cabin sort of fit some stereotype of that god parent. Like Ares kids? Pretty violent, lots of them are bullies. Athena kids are the smart ones, Demeter's are nature-loving hippies, and so on and so forth -- you'll learn pretty fast what those stereotypes are. The stereotype for us Hecate kids are mysterious, sorta dark loners with questionable morals... but looking at some of our half-siblings, you'll see why very fast."

The son of Hecate glanced around, then pointed to two things in the distance: the U-shaped ring of cabins, and across from that the lake with the amphitheater just visible in the distance. "That little horseshoe-ish bunch of buildings are the cabins; if you look close enough, there are symbols of each god parent hanging over the doors. Our cabin is the one made of stone with those symbols carved or written on them -- the runes, I think Mom had some hand in what got put on 'em. And over across from the cabins is the lake and amphitheater; sometimes the Apollo or Muses' kids put on shows on the weekends, just look at the bulletin board in the cabins' courtyard for schedules."

[ooc: For reference, the map I'm using is this: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/olympians/images/a/ab/Map_of_Camp_Halfblood.png/revision/latest?cb=20091123174815 ]
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male
    Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2016-05-05

Post by Psyroflux 5/27/2016, 9:39 pm

[OOC: It's cool, life should come first.]
    I stare out at them with interest, always liking theatre myself. The cabins look interesting enough, I can make out some of the colours from here. I begin to laugh,
    Ha, brooding loners with morality issues, guess I fit into that like water to a glass. Well, in all honesty I'm not really a loner, I mean I like having my times of solitude, but I also crave people who care about me and love me. I guess I'm one step closer to that here. After all I have siblings I never knew about. Maybe our siblings are really like that.

Matthias stares at his newfound sibling, smiling at that fact, "So continue, what about quests, that sounds like an interesting topic.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/27/2016, 10:14 pm

"Quests? They're pretty rare, so you might never get one while you're here like a whole bunch of us, but if you do: you usually get a call from Chiron about the Oracle wanting to see you. She lives in this cave by Thalia's Tree -- you might have seen that already, it's a pine tree with a golden fleece hanging on it on Half Blood Hill." Archer kicked a rock, watching it skitter off the path and into a shrub before continuing walking and talking. Nothing like a nice walk on a pleasant 80 degree Fahrenheit day in good ol' camp. "You get a prophecy from her, usually helping out a god or some other mythological figure who's not trapped in the Underworld as punishment, and from there it's a whole mess -- getting ready to go, figuring out where to go, what you need to do. Sometimes it's simple and sometimes not -- some people never come back."

Archer took a glance at his wristwatch before squinting into the distance, looking for the markers indicating where their next thing for him to ooh and aah at was. Just past the cabins were the arenas and directly across from those were the sports areas, with the volleyball and basketball courts -- he was pretty sure someone had made a baseball diamond at one point -- and the other various activities areas/cabins. "Back to the tour for a moment, though: those buildings over past the cabins are the arenas -- training areas for swordfighting, archery, wrestling, powers. Across the stream over there are the activities areas -- the sports courts or fields, arts and crafts, game room, infirmary, music room, observatory, maybe I'm missing something. We could go take a closer look later, if you want."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:51 am