A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Mid-Afternoon at The Lakeside

AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2016-01-15

Mid-Afternoon at The Lakeside Empty Mid-Afternoon at The Lakeside

Post by AutumnSiren 4/2/2017, 11:42 am

Josh laid on the shore line of the Camp Half Blood's lake, enjoying a nice cool breeze that had swept through the camp. He and his cabin had just finished battle practice with the Aphrodite Cabin. He himself found it quite enjoyable, he was sure he was improving at his sword play. Now at the lake side he was listening to Owl City's The Midsummer Station album through new white ear buds, they were connected to an older type of CD player. The song the was currently playing was called Metropolis, one of his favorite songs in the album and he couldn't help but sing along out loud. He was not very confident in his singing voice,  it was just one of his many insecurities, but right now he was sure he was alone.
    He reached out and pressed the replay button, he hand brushed along the pummel of his sword which laid in it's scabbard next to him. He started up at he mid-afternoon sky, the sunshine kept him warm from the cool breeze that also pushed around the few clouds in the sky. He was as relaxed as he could be,  his dog Martan even dosed off father back under the shade of a tree on the lush green grass. In short, for Josh today was a good day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Mid-Afternoon at The Lakeside Empty Re: Mid-Afternoon at The Lakeside

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2017, 2:13 pm

OOC: I went with Lee, actually, my prankster daughter of Hermes. Is that okay? (She's wearing an old camp shirt with ripped shorts, dirty vans shoes and a beanie. Her whole outfit has a skatergirl vibe. She also has short hair in a pixie sort of style and looks rather sly and sneaky)

BIC: Contrarily to Josh, Lee wasn't having that good of a day. The usually happy-go-lucky Hermes kid had a frown on her face that three smoothies and a bag of sour candy hadn't cured yet.
    Usually she'd go talk to her friend Justin from the Aphrodite cabin. He was a good listener and gave great advice, not to mention he was the whole reason she had started questioning things to begin with. But he had just been sparring with the Hecate's and hadn't come out of the showers yet.
    So Lee was strolling the banks of the lake in wait, headphones amped up to It's Raining Men while absent-mindedly sucking on her smoothie. Her eyes were avoiding any girl she saw -- especially those bikini clad nymphs over there -- but her hands were crazy with ADHD. Pulling at her beanie, tapping the rhythm against her thigh in a nervous frenzy, brushing over her tee, pushing her headphones deeper into her ears. Don't look at the girls, don't look at the girls, don't look a--

"Jesus on a sandwich, I'm so sorry!" she groaned, her face in the grass. She had just tripped over a kid laying on the ground, obviously chilling, and fallen face first. For someone who was all about parkour and sneaking around, it was slightly out of character. She jumped back up to her feet, ignoring her spilled smoothie and tangled headphones. Oh look, it was a guy! Lee felt strangely relieved. "Hey! How are you?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/3/2017, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/2/2017, 10:04 pm

OOC: It's perfectly fine, I like surprises. :)

BIC: Josh yelped when a kid tripped over him and popped out one of his head phones. He sat up and looked at the girl, he noticed she spilled a smoothie. The bulk of it missed him and his things, but the she was not as fortunate.
    "It's alright, it was bound to happen eventually." He said smiling. "I'm good, how about you?"

OOC: This would have been better and longer, but my creative flow was disrupted many times today. ;-;
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2017, 4:33 am

Fortunately, the guy didn't look mad. Or maybe he was just pretending, and would pull a prank later on to get her back. That's what she'd do.

"Well I just showered with a banana smoothie," she said, looking down at her stained tee, "but apart from that, 10 outta 10 capt'n." Her grin fell gradually though, and she sat down, her back to the nymphs. "Actually, make that a solid 3 out of 10, because the sun's shining." She pulled her beanie off and glanced at the guy. Her eyes trailed to the side, wondering, then she suddenly asked: "Hey, what's like, the most confusing thing that ever happened to you?"
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/3/2017, 6:40 pm

"Why such a low rating?" Josh asked, a little curious what might have caused it.
    He took out his other earbud as she pulled off her beanie. He was a little caught off guard when she asked what was the most confusing that had happened to him,
    "Most confusing?" He paused, now that he thought about it he didn't really know which event was the most confusing to him.
    "I'd have to say it was the time when everyone started talking to me about things I didn't know about, or maybe the time when my dad took some of my things when I was little," He thought about it a bit more, taking a quick trip down memory lane. "Actually, it was the time when people started avoiding me at school, even some of my friends. I still don't even know why they avoided me, but I just got used to it."
    He halfheartedly shrugged. Josh hoped that he could brighten this kid's day a bit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/4/2017, 9:52 am

"Oh... that doesn't sound fun. Do they still?" Lee had never been a loner and couldn't imagine being one. She was the class clown, the school prankster in chief, always serving witty comebacks and bubble gum sandwiches. People got annoyed sometimes ((a lot)), but at the end of the day, everyone loved her jokes. People accepted her. She was part of the squad, always had been, always would be.
    Now, not having anyone around her...? Being alone? She could never bear that.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/9/2017, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/6/2017, 1:06 am

"Well, they sorta can't avoid me if I'm not there, but I don't think they would still do it. I'm pretty someone just spread a rumor or something." He said, he didn't hold anything against anyone back at home, he preferred to be left alone at school anyway.
    "Now, how about you? What's the most confusing that has happened to you?" He turned the question back on her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/8/2017, 10:10 am

"To be fair, I thought it would've been the day I discovered I was a demigod," Lee started. Cause that had been a freakshow. "But this whole week has just been a trainwreck from A to Z. I have no clue where I'm at anymore!" She grabbed her hair, weighing the pros and cons of telling the guy about this. Truth was, she didn't really know him. He usually hung out around the Hecate cabin so she guessed he was a kid from there, but that was all she had on him. No info on his friends, interests, personality. But life was for taking risks! "Okay first of all, I'm really sorry cause I'm about to unload a few things on you and you probably didn't have that planned in your afternoon." She gave him a sideway glance. "And second, if you breathe a word of this to anyone, I'll find you, I promise."
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/10/2017, 6:29 pm

"Make's since, being told that you are something that you didn't know existed, that would confuse anyone." He agreed with her, it was up there on the list of things that would confuse people, but it wasn't at the top.
    He listened to her mini rant (that didn't qualify as a rant), "I'm fine with you unloading stuff on me, and you have my word, I wont breath a word to anyone." He held his hand up, showing that he promised.
    "I'll try to not doing anything crazy about it either."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/12/2017, 12:35 pm

"Thanks," she breathed. He seemed like a genuine guy, so she jumped into it. "It all started when my boyfriend and I broke up earlier this week. I talked about it to my friend Justin -- you know, the Aphrodite dude -- who tried to cheer me up. We joked and I told him about this one guy from cabin 9 I'd been hanging out with, saying I really liked him and that I should start hitting on him with 80s disco moves, but then Justin just got really quiet. He looked uncomfortable, like he'd sat down on pins -- I know that face cause I pulled that prank on him a bunch of times."

Lee fiddled with a handful of grass, ripping at it and twisting it. "So I asked what was wrong, and he said, 'I don't think he's the right one for you'. I shrugged, fair enough, and asked, 'well which guy would be right for me?' He's a son of Aphrodite. Couples and matchmaking are his thing, so I'd trust him on that. And then he said, 'No guy is the right guy for you. You're gay.' Which is totally absurd!" She forced a laugh. "I like guys. I'm not gay. I can't be gay! My grandma would kill me. She's already not happy with me as it is... I can't be gay. I. Like. Dudes," she finished, ripping out more grass.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/12/2017, 7:04 pm

"Maybe he meant gay as in happy? Like you're content with everything right now, and don't need a relationship as of this moment?" He suggested.
    Josh had never been in a situation like this before, or in a relationship either. There wasn't much help he could give, except maybe suggestions, but some people don't want solutions or suggestions, he wasn't sure if she was that kind of person.
    "Or maybe, you just haven't found that special some one yet. Soul mate if you will."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2017, 12:37 pm

"Nah he definitely meant gay as in, full homo." She glanced up and gave a smiling shrug. "I'm fourteen -- bit young to go soulmate hunting, right? But yeah, that's why I've been extremely confused this past week."
    The worst part was, she could sort of feel it. During forging lessons, she had caught herself staring at RJ a fair few times. When she looked at the pretty nymphs hanging out in their cute dresses and bikinis, she could feel her throat go a little dry. And the way Galena's hair shone in the sunlight...
    It had all started with Justin! If he hadn't said anything, if he'd just kept quiet, she would never have realized it! ...Well not at first anyway. It was like he had put glasses on her nose and every girl she saw was suddenly HD.

"Have you ever wondered if you were gay?" Lee asked.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/21/2017, 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/15/2017, 12:56 am

"You can never be too young to start soulmate hunting, in my opinion anyway." He shrugged and smiled politely, "To me, sexuality has nothing to with love and relationships. What matters more would be compatibility personality wise, sexuality is just who, and what, that you a physically attracted too. Again, that's just my opinion and take on it."
    In Josh's experience, his gaze never really had lingered on any or anything. Nor had he had been attracted to anyone else either. He looked down at played with some blades of grass.
    "During middle school, yeah little bit. I never really found my self attracted to anyone really. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that I was asexual, though I'm still not so sure. I just try and not dwell on it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2017, 4:35 pm

"Honestly, if I knew who my soulmate was right now, it'd probably freak me out," Lee admitted. "Cause then I'd know who I'm gonna marry, have kids with, and it's like my life's already over before it really started." To her, 'soulmate' meant 'wedding', 'household', and a bunch of other words she thought were boring. The prospect of getting married and settling down had always scared her. No roaming around anymore, no exploring, no crazy stunts and evenings spent in the skatepark... It felt sad. Bleak, even. It was like she could already see her perfect husband with his perfect hair and his perfect cardigan sipping coffee, calling her 'honey' and letting her do the chores in their suburban house while he went to work.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Lee wondered, toying around with some drachmas she stole earlier. He had just said he was asexual but that didn't mean he was aromantic.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/23/2017, 6:51 pm

"No, I'm not seeing anyone. I haven't been in a relationship, really. I haven't really tried to get into one." He shrugged, he was always very busy when he still lived back in Idaho. He didn't really have time for relationships, now a days he has too much time on his hand. He has no idea what to with it all.
    "I've always used to be a bit too busy to actually get into a relationship, and a little bit afraid if being rejected too." Josh said.
    He fiddled a little with the CD player, some of the lyrics of the songs were fresh in his mind. He noticed it was still on, and then turned it off, there was no use of wasting it's battery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 2:11 pm