A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Lunch break (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Lunch break (private) Empty Lunch break (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2017, 4:18 pm

Phoebe was working extra hours in the arena. She had been at camp only for one summer but her home training with bo staves had paid off: she could now hold it up against robotic dummies on level 5. These dummies, courtesy of cabin 9, could go from being as still as a feather to full berserk depending on your needs. From what she had seen, there was even the possibility to select sexy extras such as acid spray, poison breath and spinning chainsaws.

She had selected standard hoplite as a counter and was testing her spear techniques against the programmed sword moves and heavy shield blows. Phoebe spun her spear around, stabbed it in, pulled it back, swung it from underneath, went from hit to parry to feint whilst keeping an eye on the automaton's optic cameras. She had realized they usually were a good indicator of where it was going to hit next.

OOC: She's dressed in light celestial bronze armour and workout clothes (gym bra and leggings). Her skin's quite tan and her blonde hair is twisted up into a bun.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2017-04-04

Lunch break (private) Empty Re: Lunch break (private)

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/14/2017, 5:49 pm

Alexander had been in the arena for a good portion of the day. He'd been slaving away in order to keep his skills sharp and maybe even learn some new tricks. The robotic dummy that he was up against sent a flurry of calculated swings in his direction. Alexander side stepped back and forth, retreating just outside the range of the robot's sword. He saw his opportunity as the dummy went for a large overhead strike. Alexander brought his shield up and deflected the attack off to the right, giving him a chance to counterattack. He lunged forward, sending the celestial bronze tip of his spear into the dummy's body. He then quickly followed up with a shield bash, leaving the dummy slumped over in the dirt. It twitched mechanically for a few moments before coming to a complete stop.

Alexander took this as an opportunity for a quick break. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a cute blonde girl training with a dummy. He had noticed her earlier but he was just now really noticing her. Throughout the day, many people came and go but she had always remained. She had been in the arena for as long as he had been today. The most intriguing thing about her to Alexander, was that she was also a spear-wielder. Not many demigods chose to use a spear. Alexander chose to observe her for a while. Maybe she's got a few tricks up her sleeve, Alexander pondered as he watched on.

He watched as she executed a series of hits, parries and feints expertly. She's pretty good, Alexander thought. She moved with skill and grace, almost like she was dancing with the dummy instead of sparring. She seemed to be illuminated as rays of sunshine beamed off of her tanned skin. The sight was mesmerizing and before long, Alexander was unintentionally staring at her. Alexander was snapped out of it as the automaton swung it's blade at him. While he was busy gawking, the training dummy had recovered and went back on the offensive.
    Alexander stepped backwards just in time, and the blade only left a light cut on the leather cuirass he was wearing. He composed himself and reengaged the robot, trying out some of the moves he'd seen the girl use.

OOC: Alexander is wearing a white tank top, black joggers, and dark blue track shoes. He's also wearing a leather cuirass over his tank top. Let me know if you have an issue with the font size and style.

Last edited by ~Corinthian~ on 4/15/2017, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2017, 6:17 pm

Phoebe grabbed her hair and pulled it back, out of breath. The dummy had just delivered its last maneuver and was now driving back to rest mode, gears groaning, a few new dents and scratches on its armour. Phoebe stabbed the butt of her spear into the sand and stretched for a second -- her back was impossibly achy and sore.

Where was everyone? A minute ago, the arena was still full of Nike and Apollo children. Now, everything was empty. Blaming her ADHD for her lack of attention, Phoebe suddenly noticed that the arena was not as empty as she'd thought. Clanking noises came from the far end; she turned around. There was this guy she'd briefly spotted earlier, in simple breastplate and joggers, ...wielding a spear himself. One of her eyebrows rose up.
    Spears were common at camp, but not that common. You generally saw Ares kids with them, or the odd Athena offspring. Clarisse had an electric spear, Maimer. The guy didn't seem like a cabin 5 camper, but he definitely looked comfortable with his weapon.

"Hey."

Phoebe strolled over, holding the shaft of her spear across her shoulders. The guy was pretty good: swift, agile, he rarely missed his target. A smile tugged at her mouth corners.

"You're pretty light on your feet. How long have you been training?"
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/15/2017, 9:31 pm

"Hey."

The girl's voice rang out in the near-empty arena and broke Alexander's concentration. He looked up to see that she was headed his way, and he couldn't help but smile a bit. I see she noticed me too, Alexander thought as he turned his attention back to the training dummy. He slashed horizontally with his spear in order to push the dummy back and gain some room. He chained the slash with a feint in order to draw out a block. As the robot took a defensive position, Alexander took the opportunity to maneuver around it. He hopped into a roll, skidding through the dirt right past the automaton's legs. He was now off to the right of the dummy, and had the perfect opportunity to strike. Alexander brought his spear down low to the ground and thrust it sideways, sweeping the robot off of it's feet.

Alexander brought the butt of his spear down on the dummy, leaving a few dents and scrapes on it's armor. Defeated, the training dummy retreated into rest mode. Alexander looked up to see the girl quickly approaching and rose up off the ground to meet her. Now that she was closer, he could get a better look at her. the girls was his height and about his age. She had a full-figured, voluptuous body and she seemed to not mind showing it off. Also, she had a sweet, flowery aroma in spite of training all day. The smell made Alexander worry about his own and he resisted the urge to sniff his own armpits. He had put on plenty of deodorant and cologne before coming out here but he was a little nervous. Please don't stink, he repeated to himself in his head. He put the thought aside as the girl came to a halt in front of him.  

"You're pretty light on your feet. How long have you been training?"

The combination of the complement and the girl's suppressed smile made it impossible for Alexander not to grin. "Thanks! You're not so bad yourself," Alexander responded as he pointed at the training dummy she had battered a mere few minutes before. He then shoved the butt of his spear into the ground leaving the weapon sticking upright. "I've been out here all day. Usually I only practice for a few hours everyday but today I went a little overboard." Alexander quickly transitioned the conversation to be about the girl. He was interested in getting to know her a bit. "What about you? You've got some skill with that spear."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/16/2017, 2:43 pm

The guy rolled through the sand and knocked the robot off its legs with a clean sweep of his spear. Not bad, she thought. It required some strength to knock a heavy automaton off balance with a stick of wood.

"No such thing as overboard training," Phoebe said with an amused smile. "You never know when the next monster's going to show up." She stroked the edge of her spear blade, which was broader than standard, and pinched off some sand. Her weapon had become her personal darling over the last year and she was devoted to taking care of it as much as she could, investing in pricey varnishes and special cloths.

"Thanks," she said, looking back up. "I've been here for a bit now, I often train during lunch breaks. Keeps my system running," she winked. Her eyes discretely slid over his features, his tousled hair and tan skin. "Are you a year rounder, or just here for the summer?"
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/16/2017, 11:00 pm

"I guess you're right about that. I'd hate to become monster food," Alexander responded. He could tell that she knew the importance of hard work. He admired her determination. "I'm Alexander by the way," he introduced himself with the hope that she'd do the same. Alexander was shocked to learn that she'd been skipping out on meals in order to train. She's more determined than I thought. She'll probably be fighting giants any day now, Alexander let his thoughts wander for a moment before honing back in to the conversation.

"Wow, is that so?"He couldn't help but let a slight smirk stretch across his face as she winked at him. "How about you take an actual lunch break for once," Alexander offered as he began to make his way towards a nearby bench. He had knew he would be training for a while today and decided to pack some food. When he reached the bench, he bent down to pick up the duffel bag he'd placed there earlier. Alexander plopped down on the bench, leaving enough room for the girl to take a seat as well. From within the duffel bag, Alexander retrieved a small meal; a sandwich, a salad, some fresh strawberries, and a bottle of water and Gatorade respectively. "Sorry I don't have the best selection," he joked as he let her take her pick of the food.

Alexander would wait until she was comfortable with her choice before he would start eating. As she was choosing, he addressed her question. "Well, when I first joined camp, I was just visiting for the summers but the for the last two years I've been living here year-round. What about you? What's your situation at camp like?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2017, 2:45 pm

"Phoebe," she replied with a light nod as they walked towards the benches. Alexander was considerate, offering to share his food with her just like that. "That's very sweet of you. Let me contribute," she smiled, reaching for a designer bag behind her. Since her new acquaintance had been so thoughtful, she put her food next to his for them to both enjoy: two bagels with melon and prosciutto, a box of little tea sandwiches and a slice of frosty cream pie.

"I'm a summer-rounder only," she answered, innocently stealing a strawberry. "My mother wants me home for school and social events. I'm not far though, I live in Manhattan." She undid her bun and took a drink of water -- her throat was parched. "What about you, where are you from?"
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/18/2017, 11:18 pm

Phoebe, Alexander recited her name in his head. He quickly committed it to memory. Alexander watched as she retrieved her own stash of goodies.  She produced two fancy looking bagels, a box of tea sandwiches and even a slice of pie. With their food combined, there sat a miniature feast between them. Alexander smiled as Phoebe reached for a strawberry and he grabbed one for himself. He then nudged the container closer to her, encouraging her to take more of them if she wanted.

At the mention of Manhattan, Alexander perked up. "Manhattan huh? You must be living that celebrity lifestyle," he joked. The fancy food and designer bag were tell tale signs that she was used to a lavish life. Not that Alexander had a problem with it. She seemed to be the type of person who was confident in the spotlight and he respected that. "I'm from upstate. Albany to be exact." Phoebe caught eye as she let down her hair.

He didn't know why, but Alexander couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She seemed to have this alluring presence that kept drawing him in. He quickly diverted his eyes to avoid staring. "So, which cabin are you from? No wait, let me guess." Alexander gave her a brief but flirtatious look over before continuing. "It's Cabin 10 isn't it?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2017, 9:07 am

OOC: Sorry for the late reply!

BIC: Phoebe let his comment about celebrity lifestyle slide with a wink. She didn't deny her background, but she never put it in the spotlight at camp. There were quite a few celebrity kids around here, old money offsprings, children of stars and pop singers, but she tried to be more discrete than most of them.

"Albany? We're close then," she noted, choosing a tea sandwich with cheese and fig.

He guessed her cabin -- correctly of course. Phoebe took a slow bite of her sandwich. His flirtatious look had not escaped her and she was starting to enjoy this conversation. She'd seen Alexander around at camp, where he was known for his parkour and his non-judgemental, non-conformist attitude.

"Good guess," she stated. "And you're the son of the wind king, aren't you?"
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/21/2017, 8:09 pm

Alexander raised an eyebrow in response to Phoebe's wink. It cued him in on the fact that she was actually from a celebrity background. "Staying undercover huh? I respect that," Alexander spoke in response to her keeping quiet about the subject. She was one of the few rich kids that didn't flaunt their wealth and status. He was not surprised when Phoebe revealed that his guess was correct. He was surprised however, when she guessed his divine lineage correctly. Alexander's father was a minor god and he didn't think he displayed any behavior that uniquely identified him as a child of Aeolus. "Yep, my father is Aeolus, the Greek god of wind. Or as I like to call him, the celestial weatherman," Alexander joked before continuing. "So, how did you know?"

OOC: No worries! We all have personal lives we need to attend to. Very happy  Besides, my post was kind of short.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2017, 4:13 pm

"I'm in cabin 10. The gossip hive. I know mostly everything about mostly everyone," she said, putting the rest of the small sandwich into her mouth with amusement. The things she heard in her cabin could easily rival with Page 6. Scandals, rumors, lies and slanders, that was just another Tuesday among Aphrodite offsprings. Of course it wasn't just them -- others liked to blame cabin 10 campers, label them and say they were the only ones interested in gossip, but as her mother said, people preach for one moment and the next one they whisper behind your back.
    Gossip was a guilty pleasure of hers and she was honest enough not to deny it. She was just careful not to indulge too much in it -- you never knew what was true and what wasn't, and there was always a risk it could blow up in your face.

"And, I saw you doing parkour a few times," she admitted. "You're quite good. How long have you been practicing?"
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/24/2017, 8:00 pm

Alexander raised an eyebrow when Phoebe mentioned gossip. He knew cabin 10 had the scoop on pretty much everyone but he didn't think that he'd be the topic they'd be discussing. What have they been saying about me? Alexander wondered. He didn't like to gossip but he was confident enough in himself that he wasn't bothered by what others said about him. Now that he knew he was on the gossip radar, he was just curious about what made him interesting to talk about.

When Phoebe mentioned seeing his parkour skills, Alexander's face lit up like a kid in a candy store. Parkour was almost a lifestyle for him and it was a hobby that he enjoyed greatly. "I've been doing parkour and free-running for about three years now. I guess it's a hobby that's taken a larger part of my life recently," Alexander replied. He'd been running and climbing around camp for a while so he wasn't surprised that Phoebe noticed it. In fact, Alexander even assembled a "camp parkour squad" comprised of a couple other campers who also free -ran.

"So what kind of hobbies do you have?" Alexander questioned. Phoebe seemed to know a good bit about him, but then again she was practically part of an amateur spy ring in Cabin 10.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2017, 8:48 pm

"It's fascinating to watch you guys," Phoebe told him. She'd seen them around from time to time, their daring tricks and flashy techniques always sparked a round of whispers. "Did you start in a city?" Free-running in an urban setting must be quite different from parkour in camp's surroundings, she guessed.

When he asked about her interests, her lips twisted thoughtfully. "Skipping the make-up, shopping, hairstyling and such that go with being Aphrodite's junior, I really like baseball and ice skating," she said. "Actually... dancing in general makes me feel free and lighthearted, I've been taking classes for ages and there's not one day where I don't practice," she cheerfully smiled.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/29/2017, 9:00 pm

Alexander smiled when Phoebe said that she found the parkour group interesting. "Would you mind telling that to Chiron?" Alexander joked. "He's always getting annoyed at our antics," Alexander explained. Often times Chiron would scold the group in an attempt to get them to stop climbing all over the place. Unfortunately for him, the complaint fell on deaf ears. The camp's free-runners were always hanging out on the cabin rooftops, and even went as far as having a group meeting on top of the Big House.

"Yes, I started parkour right here in NYC. A couple of my friends and I would drive down form Albany and we would break into construction sites and abandoned buildings to practice. Actually we still do," Alexander let out a little chuckle. He reminisced on memories of his different escapades around the city. There were a couple of times he almost got arrested. It's  a good thing that he's never been caught. "The group's always looking for new members if you're interested," Alexander remarked.

He listened as Phoebe spoke about her own hobbies. She skimmed over the various cosmetic skills she had. It was alright though, because Alexander had already inferred that Phoebe was good at these things based on her appearance and the fact that she was a child of Aphrodite. He took more of an interest of her other hobbies. Baseball? That's something we have in common, Alexander thought. He was mentally matching up her hobbies with his own. She seemed to be invested in all her hobbies, but the way she talked about dancing made Alexander happy. He could tell that she really loved it. "A dancer huh? Maybe you can show me some moves sometime." Alexander flirted once more, this time being a little more bold.

Alexander finished up his meal and cleaned up a bit. He disposed of his trash and packed away his leftovers, not wanting to be wasteful. Standing to his feet, Alexander stretched a bit before rubbing his belly like a content child. He returned to the middle of the arena where he had left his spear sticking upright out of the ground. "In the meantime, how 'bout you show me what you can do with that spear? Come on, It'll be  fun." Alexander offered to spar Phoebe, hoping to improve his own skill with the spear.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/6/2017, 5:26 pm

OOC: Hey! So sorry for the late reply! Revisions got me very busy, I apologize for the short post.

BIC: "You really want to see what I can do with a spear?" Phoebe asked with saintly innocence. She shouldered her weapon and strode to the middle of the arena, twisting her hair back into a bun. Nothing was allowed to distract her during this fight.
    With her armour back near the benches, she was just in workout clothes; her only protection was her shield. But that didn't bother her. After experiencing nectar and ambrosia numerous times, the prospect of getting injured did not particularly distress her anymore.

She turned around with a mischievous twinkle in her eye, mentally readying her weapons. "Are we playing with or without powers?" she wondered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:29 am