A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Trinity Von Catalano

Just Curls
    Just Curls

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-05-14

Trinity Von Catalano  Empty Trinity Von Catalano

Post by Just Curls 5/16/2018, 12:01 pm

Name:
    Trinity Von Catalano

Nicknames:
    None

Eyes:
    Trinity’s eyes are a dark brown, though the appearance does seem to change constantly when in different lighting.  Though when she's trying to hide her emotions, it never goes well, as a quick look at her eyes, the emotions seem to flow.

Hair:
    Trinity’s hair is normally a light brown, but this was changed before she left for Camp Half-Blood. Currently, her hair has been dyed to a light-green, as she had always wanted to have greenish hair. It always made her feel...mystic, in a way. Her hairstyle consists of her extremely curly hair, the curls themselves both long and wavy. It reaches down to Trinity’s shoulders, where it abruptly stops.

Height:
    Normally, Trinity stands at an average 5 foot, 8 inches tall (about 1.7 meters), which was her height before coming to Camp Half-Blood. This isn’t correct now, however, as her height is now normally around 5 foot, 2 inches (about 1.5 meters), with this changing depending on her mood. (Will be described more in Abilities)

Body Type:
    Trinity’s body is something most people would be called lean. The majority of her proportions are that of what you'd expect from a 16-year-old girl, though she isn't what you'd call the busty type. Almost the complete opposite, really. This seems to put people off as well, though not all of the time.

Skin Color:
    Trinity's skin appears to be a light peachy color, with many small freckles covering her arms and face. Though it's not always visible, her skin color lightens as she changes her appearance to reflect younger ages and do the reverse when aging forward.

God Parent:
    Hebe (The Goddess of Youth)

Mortal Parent:
    Rubio Von Catalano, a Politician in Miami, Florida.

Country of Origin:
    The United States of America

Pets:
    None.

Talents:
    To be honest, Trinity isn’t actually all that good at anything specific. She is much smarter than most, with her I.Q being approximately 125. This leads into her talent (and love) for puzzles and games, whether that be a game of Chess, an activity to serve as a test, or coming up with a strategy to win a battle. Trinity is also quite skilled in archery, having learned from her father during one of his campaign trips. However, due to her Powers, it makes it hard for Trinity to have the same archery skill as she once had.

Weapon**:
    Trinity, though capable of doing so, doesn’t use many weapons. She can use bows and so Trinity does use a Celestial Bronze Shortbow, for long and close range combat. However, apart from that, she doesn’t use anything else. Given, she’s able to use daggers, but due to her abilities, she doesn’t and focuses on her archery.

Personality:
    Before coming to Camp Half-Blood, Trinity was a very gentle woman. Though at first glance, she doesn’t seem like this. When around others, you can expect Trinity to act very kind and caring towards others, always trying to make sure that the people around her aren’t in any distress or disarray. Trinity also regularly puts others and their problems before her own, her selflessness showing the majority of the time. By no means is she shy, but her actions seem to suggest this when she is confronted by most other people, with Trinity having difficulties speaking. However, after coming to Camp Half-Blood, she has acted much more cautious and reserved, leading to her not interacting with many other people. She still does show her gentle personality in the camp, but it occurs much less.

Flaws:
    As stated before, Trinity seems to conceal rather than open up about the majority of things, even her problems. This leads to her problems building up more and more, to the point where it’s difficult for her to solve them all, leading to her breaking down and her performance taking a big hit. Another big flaw that Trinity has includes her ability, which allows her to become younger than she actually is. The problem in this lies in the fact that it’s extremely hard for her to control it, her age seeming to change depending on what kind of mood she’s in. For instance, due to her reserved personality as of joining Camp Half-Blood, she’s 16 years old, but looks as though she’s only 12. And if suddenly, she was to become angry, her body would accommodate for this and change her appearance to an older age, whether that be 14 or 16. She also often gets confused by her constant changing of age, leading to her fear of acting differently.

Along with this, Trinity has self-confidence problems, mostly coming from her past life before Camp Half-Blood. If anyone were to compliment on her abilities or skills, the girl will opt to deny it, saying that the compliments are complete and utter lies. This also gets in the way of making friends, as surprisingly, a lot of people are put off by Trinity due to denying any and all good comments about her. Trinity, because of this, doesn't always believe in her talents, giving up on new things only after a few tries if she doesn't have it down. She believes that not being able to be successful at things may waste people's time, and she doesn't want to do that.

Finally, Trinity is very moody, when it comes to being around others. One moment, she'll be happy to be around them and the next moment, she'll be apologizing for something completely stupid. This tends to happen a lot around those who she doesn't actually know or trust, though it still happens. Before coming to Camp Half-Blood, she didn't always have this, but for the time that she has been there, the process of having a hard time making acquaintances, along with her self-confidence issues and constantly changing body has brought this upon her.

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Just as Hebe has the ability to turn those around her younger for a short period of time, Trinity carries this ability in a different way. She can make herself become older and younger by either using her ability or not. However, Trinity still has no idea on how to actually use this. This results in her not having complete control of the ability, making her appearance change almost randomly. It also increases or decreases her strength, with the older Trinity being, the more strength she’ll have. Due to her personality, though she is 16 years old, she looks to be only 12.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): None.

Life Before Camp*:
    Rubio Von Catalano had been a politician for as long as he could remember, starting at only 21. His plentiful runs for office didn’t normally seem to go very well, as what he stood for wasn’t always something that people enjoyed. However, this all changed when he moved to Miami, Florida, where he finally ran in the election for the title of Miami's mayor and miraculously won. He called this the best day of his entire life, though it would seem slightly ironic, as at his victory party, Hebe, disguised as a mortal named Fiona, had recently visited an elderly home right across the street to listen to their tales, secretly slowing their aging as thanks. She was just about to leave, until Rubio, drunk and delirious, saw her and approached, asking if she would be interested in coming to his celebration party. Not wanting to be rude with the mortal, she agreed and accompanied him back to the party.

One thing led to another, and by the next day, Trinity had come into existence, though with Rubio’s memory being obscured not to remember what had happened the previous night. The first thought that Rubio had was to give up the child he had created, as he didn’t feel as though he would be ready! However, he very quickly felt as though giving up the child for adoption would ruin his career, so he decided to keep her, naming the child after his grandmother: Trinity. For the first few years of Trinity’s father, due to keeping the child, had actually boosted his support, as he was now an only father and (to the public’s knowledge) a good one at that. Rubio did his very best to take care of his daughter, though at the same time making sure to bring Trinity everywhere he went. For the publicity, of course. To places like the grocery store, to even an archery store, where she was taught the basics to using a bow. This was, of course, to get publicity for Rubio, as he so desperately needed it.

As Trinity reached the age of five, things started to become harder for Rubio. He had been in office for five years and though as mayor, he was doing all of the actions that the people of Miami wanted, people wanted change, and Rubio couldn’t have that. On Trinity’s first day of school, Rubio made sure to broadcast the entire time to get more publicity, which did benefit him. At the time, Trinity wouldn’t really know what was happening, But as she continued to grow, she would. This reality of her father would become apparent as she turned 12 and with her new venture to Middle School. Once again, Rubio, now running for the U.S Senate, had broadcasted the entire event, which was only Trinity entering the Middle School for the first time. She hadn’t acted perfectly and because of this, Rubio had yelled at her after going back to her house. Trinity never acted up again. And though she was never abused or anything such as that, she was neglected, to where the people who acted more like her parents were the parents of her friends. And this shaped Trinity’s personality to what it is today. She didn’t want anyone to feel neglected as she did, doing her best from then on to be as kind and supportive as she could.

One of these friends, who she had known for almost all of her life, named Theodore, began to notice something peculiar with Trinity during the time they had been friends. Everything seemed to be fine with the girl, up until she turned 16. During this time, she would mysteriously miss school for days on end and upon investigation, Trinity’s appearance seemed to change, as if she was suddenly 10 years old again. Theodore had first sensed it when they first met and this confirmed it. She had to be a demigod, since no normal human’s appearance and physique could change so quickly. This meant that Theodore was a Satyr of course, but he had always been.

The next day after coming to this conclusion, Trinity had missed school once again, so Theodore had traveled back to her home, to tell her his findings and take her to somewhere that was much safer. Though upon arrival, everything seemed to go perfectly fine. Trinity was still in disarray because of her constant changing of ages, but she reluctantly agreed to go along. If she was in danger AND she could get away from her father, that would probably be perfect. They did run into some problems rather quickly, however. Just as the two were about to step out of Trinity’s house and start on their journey, in the street in front of her laid a giant scorpion, almost the size of an entire minivan! At first, Trinity was confused at the sight, as she had no idea what it was, which was the stark contrast to Theodore’s reaction, which was complete fear. The Satyr assumed that one of Cronus’s followers had sent it here, but why such a big creature for only one demigod?

And a battle followed suit quite quickly after this. Trinity was suddenly thrust with a bow that, to her knowledge, had appeared out of nowhere, and was tasked with shooting the scorpion’s eyes. Theodore would provide backup to her, distracting it. This seemed to work for the majority of the battle, as her shots seemed to hit their mark, even with the scorpion jumping large distances as it tried to attack the two. Though they celebrated too early, with Trinity running over to the Satyr and beginning to ask the many questions she really wanted to be answered when they assumed the scorpion had been defeated. But as they talked, out of the corner of Trinity’s eyes, she saw the tail of the defeated scorpion jerk forward, aimed directly at Theodore. Without a single thought in her mind, the demigod shoved the Satyr out of the way, putting herself in harm's way. And at that moment, with no fear in her, Trinity afterwards jumped forward once again, back to her 16 year old self.

This is the last Trinity remembers of the events. Though from what Theodore explained to her, she had been stung and blacked out after only a few second. The Satyr had killed the Giant Scorpion quickly afterwards, finding Trinity laying on the ground, unconscious.  It was never found out why she came to be unconscious, but Theodore assumed that the poison from the Scorpion had done so, though the poison itself was not severe enough to kill her. After this, she was taken to Camp Half-Blood, where she finally awoke two days later. She’s been there ever since, which has only been about three weeks.

RP Example*:
    One of Trinity’s favorite activity was to stare off into the lake in Camp Half-Blood. Apart from the beautiful blue waters and constant activity from other demigods, it didn’t seem like something that would be liked, let alone devoted to an entire action. But it was something Trinity enjoyed nonetheless, sitting on the soft sand as her eyes glanced around the lake. This was partially the reason why Trinity's friend count was pathetic, but once again, she didn’t care all that much. If people didn’t enjoy the things she did, that was fine. As long as they were happy, so was she.

Though her problems still seemed to arise. At the moment, her body was lean and fit, something that would be expected from a girl like Trinity. Along with her greenish hair and tight, wavy curls, she seemed perfectly normal. But this wasn’t always the case. Just the previous day, her body had been completely different, reverting back to when she was only 12. Given, it wasn’t a painful process whatsoever, but it was still something that Trinity had problems with. And she blamed this “ability” as the reason she had little friends. Who’d want to hang out with a freak such as her, not having complete control on her own age? Pathetic. But maybe one day. One day, she might find someone at this camp who was actually interested in her. Boy, would that be the day.

"Hey there, Trinity." A voice seemed to appear from behind Trinity as she quickly turned around, a smile now on her face. The Satyr, who had saved her life, named Theodore had walked up to her.

"Hello, Theodore. What's going on? Is there a reason you need me?"

"Nothing's going on, so don't worry! I just came to check on you. Are you feeling any better?" the Satyr asked, a warm smile on his face. And though Theodore didn't mean this as rude in any way, Trinity took the statement as something more...personal. At this statement, she felt small. Small because the man was worried about her and not herself. And at the moment, with Trinity's cheeks turning a slightly noticeable pink, she slowly shrank. The clothes that she wore slowly became larger and larger for her, with her body reverting backward. As the changes finished, her appearance had once again changed, as if she now resembled herself 4 years ago.

"You must stop worrying so much about me. You have your own life to live, you know. Besides, I'm feeling fine. A bit weak, but I'm guessing you can already notice why..." The pitch of Trinity's voice had raised, sounding nothing more than a small child. She really did hate this "ability", with every part of her constantly changing body. If only she could control it...

Any notes about your characters: Apologies in advance for the poor quality! The history is kind of all over the place, but because this is my first Camp Half-Blood character, I wasn’t really sure on how to write it. I do still hope that it’s at least enjoyable to read, though! And with that, thank you for your time and have a good rest of your day!

Last edited by Just Curls on 5/22/2018, 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Trinity Von Catalano  Empty Re: Trinity Von Catalano

Post by Morgan Landry 5/17/2018, 4:39 pm

Hiya :D

- You need two more flaws. The one about her age isn't really a flaw... flaws are what makes your character human/relatable/not perfect. Never getting off the couch, vanity, needing control, not caring about others, etc, are flaws for example.
    - Speaking of making your character more human... in the first few bits she does come off a bit as a Mary Sue :/ Unreal-looking eye and skin colours, etc. If they are in direct relation to Hebe or later character development that's understandable, but otherwise it just seems like , yeah, a Mary Sue.
    - Pit Scorpions are the small deadly underworld ones, I think you got them confused with the giant ones :P

Your form was super good! I can't wait to RP with you ^_^
    Just Curls
    Just Curls

Female

Post by Just Curls 5/17/2018, 5:22 pm

Alright, the edits you requested from me have been corrected! Though for a small summary of them...

1. I added two more flaws to Trinity, that being that she has self-confidence issues, which normally affects the people around her, and that since she's come to Camp Half-Blood, Trinity has become much moodier than she has been. Though I'm not sure if those were the kind of flaws you were looking for, I did make them!

2. I edited her Eyes, Skin Color, and Body Type to make her stand out more, though I don't understand what you meant by referring to her as a "Mary Sue". But I did my best to edit them out!

3. I got rid of the mention of the Pit Scorpion and changed it to Giant Scorpion. A wiki I had used said that Pit Scorpions were as big as a small van, so I got slightly confused by that.

But anyways, thank you for the time you had to look over Trinity, and I hope you have a good rest of your day!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2018, 3:31 am

It was more about making her stand out less. You see, a Mary Sue is an idealized character. Think exotic eye colours, super pale skin tone etc, usually has "perfect flaws" (eg too loyal, too nice to people) or has flaws that are meant either to be endearing or to look cool (such as being too blunt, too honest, too violent). For Trinity, the unreal-looking blue eyes and white skin were kind of markers. Amber eyes are also Mary Sue-ish, as they're essentially an exotic way of saying "brown" or "hazel".

- Those flaws are good; if you need any inspiration, try googling flaws or character traits. There are generators and lists for that :)

- Oh did the wiki say that? I must be confused as well then xD In PJO 1 the pit scorpion is the size of a human hand. Thanks for editing anyway!

Rest looks good!
    Just Curls
    Just Curls

Female

Post by Just Curls 5/22/2018, 12:07 pm

Ok, thank you for explaining that to me! About what a Mary-Sue is, of course. I actually had no idea that it was a thing, but now I do, and I'll make sure not to accidentally do it again! And now, a very small summary of my changes:

1. I edited Trinity's eye color from "amber" to a dark brown, since you said that using amber was more like a Mary Sue.

2. I'm not sure but with your comment, did you want me to edit Trinity's flaws...? Because you said it was good, but then suggested I look some up for inspiration. So are the flaws ok, or do I need to edit them slightly...?

Anyways, thank you for your time and have a good rest of your day!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2018, 12:08 pm

Nope I'm sorry, the flaws are all good, error of formatting on my part :P

Approved! Standing ovation

Sponsored content