A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kristal Meth
Pan'sDaughter
Tromokratis
7 posters

The Scout's characters

Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5024
    Registration date : 2010-04-16

The Scout's characters - Page 3 Empty Re: The Scout's characters

Post by Tromokratis 11/24/2011, 8:54 pm

It's a slow change, about 3 seconds. Also, when he's changing he glows the color of his shirt slightly and exudes mist, so if people pay attention he is extremely noticable.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 11/26/2011, 3:40 pm

Okay.... How many times a day can he do this? For how long each time?
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 11/26/2011, 4:39 pm

Hmmm........well, I would believe he could do this about 10 times a day, for about 5 minutes long each time at the most......seeing as he mainly does this to learn some info quickly or assasinate someone.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

The Scout's characters - Page 3 Empty Gru Dalokohs

Post by Tromokratis 11/26/2011, 6:36 pm

Name: Gru Dalokohs
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Brown and long, usually with a red headband around them. Somewhat shaggy.
    Height: 5' 5"
    Body Type: he's somewhat fat, with wide arms, slightly under normal legs, and normal feet. His head is normal too.
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    God Parent: Ares
    Mortal Parent: Sasha Dalokohs
    Country of Origin: Russia/USSR
    Pets: A golden retriever named Brass Beast
    Talents: He's extremely strong, he can sing sort of nicely, and he has good stanima
    Weapon**: When fighting fellow demigods, he uses his bare fists and hands, when fighting monsters, he uses celestial bronze boxing gloves
    Flaws: His grammar is......quite poor, he has a compulsive eating disorder, and he is really slow
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): None
    Life Before CHB*: Gru was one of those kids who you knew was weird but knew you'd get destroyed if you teased him for it. His mother was one of the best chefs in his home city of St. Petersburg, and so he became somewhat fat due to eating. He, however, didn't let this go to his head, for he was one of the strongest kids in the wrestling club at school. One day, he moved to America so that his mom could get even more money. Once there, he learned he was a son of Ares and came to Camp Half-Blood to show his brothers and sisters that he's still got it, even if it means breaking some bones and learning better English.
    RP Example*:I walk into the camp and look around. "Entire camp is babies!" I yell to nobody. I walk to the mess hall and look at the food. "Augh! Where did they go so wrong!" I say looking at bad food. I unwrap Sandwich and start eating. "Baloney perfect fuel for fighting tiny itty bitty little tiny bitty babies!" I say referring to the campers. I finish eating Sandvich. "That vas delicious," I say, walking to cabin.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 11/26/2011, 7:03 pm

Approved.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/27/2011, 3:05 pm

They're definitely going to see you try killing them, so...

Add another flaw.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 11/27/2011, 3:38 pm

Edited......
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/27/2011, 3:39 pm

Approved.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

The Scout's characters - Page 3 Empty Robin, son of Freyr (he's allowed, right?)

Post by Tromokratis 3/4/2012, 11:48 am

Name:Robin Dowes
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Light brown and straight, with a little spike in the front
    Height: 5'7"
    Body Type: He's...normal? Like, not buff but not fat, not skinny but not thick.
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    God Parent: Freyr
    Mortal Parent: Agathe Dowes
    Country of Origin: America
    Pets: A dove named Pythagoras
    Talents: He can ride horses well, he's a good climber, and he tries his best at helping people
    Weapon**: Celestial bronze spear
    Flaws: He can be too narrow-minded when working at something, he can be too nice to the wrong people, and he gets depressed easily.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): He can make it rain in any section 5 by 5 feet in a 50 foot radius of him about.....5 times a day?
    Life Before CHB*: Robin was a farmer for most of his early life, with his mom. He had a poor education (not like it would have helped him with his ADHD and dyslexia), but he was popular in the town he lived in. Sadly, the day before his arrival in Camp Half-Blood, his town got raided. His mom was severely injured, and since then he is easy to break down into sadness. However, he has tried his best to go over that and help anyone in need, even if it hurts his soul in the process.
    RP Example*:I walked around the town, going to gather some fertilizer. While I did so, I saw what looked like a group of men, and they were angry. I watched them in hiding, and saw that they had axes, swords, and tons of weapons. I ran to go to tell the mayor, but it was too late. They started burning and killing everyone and everything on sight. I saw my mom get tossed aside, and I ran, off to find any place where I could stay safe now.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601

Post by Daniel 3/4/2012, 2:19 pm

Approved
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

The Scout's characters - Page 3 Empty New character (I sent Kenny the PM asking for the buy for it.)

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 12:03 am

Name: Carl Staffens
    Eyes: A greyish brown
    Hair: Blonde, a little long, choppy
    Height: 5'6
    Body Type: He is thin, but with muscular arms and average legs.
    Skin Color: A pale white
    God Parent: Hecate
    Mortal Parent: Geoff Staffens
    Country of Origin: America
    Pets: None
    Talents: He's a good learner, he can eavesdrop very well, and he can fly aircraft due to a flight school he took.
    Weapon**: A wooden bow with Celestial Bronze arrows
    Flaws: He acts like a know-it-all all the time, he finds himself above anyone who isn't a magic user, and he has a habit of using magic absently.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Every hour, he can gain a new source of magic, either a new fire, cold, or electrical power, which he can save up for up to 21 hours before he loses it all. He can create 10 different spells utilizing the sources of magic he has gained. For example, if he has chosen to have a cold and a fire power, he can create a wall of ice. Depending on how much he strengthened these sources, it will last for a certain time, minimum three posts and maximum 12, as well as slow down his targets for a percentage, depending on power of cold, and it will do a certain amount of damage if touched, very weak damage all the time, based on the strength of his fire. This is naturally avoided by staying a foot away from the wall. If needed, I can explain the other nine.
    Life Before CHB*: Before CHB, Carl was a rather intelligent child. He loved everything involving a magical thing, from Harry Potter to those fun wand remotes sold at ThinkGeek. He one day found a history of magic, which naturally everyone thought was fiction, and found ten spells in there. For fun, he decided to try one out and pretend it worked. He yelled out Claws of Tornarus, and instantly a small tornado whirled around in front of him. Astonished, he learned the other nine on the page. He then found CHB, his new home, to show just what true, ancient magic is all about.
    RP Example*: I walk into the room, examining the bookshelves. There were thousands of them, but only one mattered. I grabbed it and read the title, the Sempiternal Cantrap, and opened it up. I scanned through the book, looking for any useful spells. I threw it back, obviously useless, due to it being a book only about little jokes. "One day I'll find it. And when I do, nothing will stop magic from destroying the ruins of technology.

Notes: His eight spells are:
    Cold Snap: Freezes enemy based on cold power.
    Ice wall: Creates a wall of ice that is just large enough to protect him.
    EMP: Selects an area for an electromagnetic explosion to detonate after a certain time. Weakens magic in radius of explosion.
    Tornado: Creates a small tornado that travels in a straight path until a certain distance is passed based on electric strength. May suck up enemies that get in its way.
    Alacrity: Increases one ally's speed and power by a certain amount, at most 60% for speed and a small boost for power.
    Sun Strike: After a small amount of time, a ray of sunfire that has been cooled passes to the chosen area, doing powerful damage and catching objects inside on fire for about 2 posts.
    Forge Spirit: Summons one or two elementals of fire and stone to help fight. Can be killed easily, but if left alive is devastating.
    Deafening Blast: Sends out a sonic blast that damages those in range, and muffles sight and sound, making things harder to see and hear.

He also has to wait three hours between each spell.

Edit for questions: I believe I said the wall was three feet thick. The cold snap last basically one post per frozen. At most, during the six post frame it lasts at maximum, they can be frozen three times, with one post between each freeze. It basically freezes their limbs.

And the sun beam is basically just a way to burn things. It doesn't incinerate anything larger than a loaf of bread, but it does a lot of damage to the area and will catch flammable things on fire. But it can't incinerate the people who are hit.

The sonic blast muffles the sight and sound by making the sight blurrier and the sound harder to hear, like loud whispers.

Edit #2: If the person has powers over any of the energies, they do have resistance, and if they have an exact match, for example, a Chione child hit by Cold Snap, they are fully immune. The cold snap can only affect one person that is within five feet of Carl.

Last edited by ~Attila~ on 8/1/2012, 3:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 12:14 am

Can you explain how he "gains" these powers? Do they just lie dormant waiting for him to pick them, or does he need to touch a fire to gain a fire power and ice to gain ice powers or such? (I'm not quite understanding the examples you've put in there, either.) And yes, you'll probably need to explain the other nine. Can you state what the most powerful things he can do with the ice, fire, and electricity are?
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 12:43 am

Right......how to explain this......

Basically, every hour, he'll be able to sense the different energies in the air. For example, the heat from bodies, the cold from an air conditioner or something, and the electricity from electrons or lightbulbs or.....something. Anyways, at every hour that passes while I'm online and posting with him, he can choose a new energy to adapt, up to seven strengths per energy. As he strengthens the energy, it strengthens his spells. For example, does he, after collecting enough energies (minimum hours between spells is 3 hours), instantly zap a spell in the heat of battle, or does he wait the 21 hours for a devastating blow. Once he does a spell, even if it doesn't use energies he collected, all the energies go away and he starts from scratch. So, if he only has one cold energy strength, he can do a weak Cold Snap, which will last 3 seconds, barely slow down the enemy, and have to wait a long time before they freeze in place for 1 post. Naturally, the way to avoid it is to keep moving. However, if he gets all seven strengths, he can do the chill for twice as long, with more damage and a more frequent freezing.

So that's two of the ten spells. The other 8 are:

Ghost Walk: Turns him invisible for two minutes. Requires at least one cold and one electrical energy. Cold must be stronger than electrical. Depending on the strength of the cold, as he passes by people they are slowed down slightly, weakest being 23% and strongest 40%. Depending on electrical strength, he is slowed down, with the slow being weaker the higher the power.

EMP: Requires electrical energy. Carl builds up an electromagnetic charge which automatically detonates after a certain time based on electrical enegry. Between 1 and 3, it detonates four posts later. 4-6 is three, and 7 is two. Naturally, 7 is best. It does small to decent damage depending on electric strength, and also weakens enemy magic based on strength. Obviously can completely miss if the person is out of range.

Tornado: Requires one electric and one cold energy. Electric must be the stronger one. Creates a tornado which can last, based on electric energy, only while it is 8 feet from him at weakest to 32 at strongest. Based on cold, it will suck up enemies for a certain time. 1 has them up for one post, 2-4 has them up for two, and 5-7 has them up for three posts. It does damage based on the two energies combined, doing okay damage to rather strong damage. Lasts for 10 posts? Only travels in one line, so if fast enough can be dodged.

Alacrity: Needs at least one electric and one fire source. Electric must be stronger. This lets Carl choose one friend nearby to have faster speed based on electricity, only 20% faster at weakest electric strength and 80% faster at strongest, and have more damage dealt based on fire, although never too much, usually a very small boost. Lasts nine posts.

Sun Strike: Requires at least one fire source. Sends a ray of fire from the sun after two posts in the area he selected it to be, which is about a 5 foot diameter circle, and does damage based on fire strength to all enemies in the circle, as well as Carl if he happens to be there. Does okay to strong damage.

Forge Spirit: Needs at least one fire and one cold enegry. Fire must be the stronger one. Summons either one or two forge spirits (two must have both energies be strength four) that have duration (maximum 8 posts), magical prowess, and attack range based on cold power, and damage per hit, health, and armor based on fire. Can die rather easily, only needs to be hit thrice by a sword or once by an arrow, but if left alive can be devastating.

Meteor Strike: Requires at least one fire and one electrical strength. Fire must be higher. One meteor falls down after one post and does decent damage based on fire energy when it hits. It rolls a maximum of 20 feet away based on electric strength. Does damage as it rolls, and lasts about one minute. Can be dodged by moving away.

Deafening Blast: Requires one of each energy. A sonic wave unleashes around Carl, stunning enemies for a maximum of two posts based on cold energy, making them unable to fight back effectively for up to four posts based on electric, and they take at most decent damage based on fire. Avoided by covering ears.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 1:00 am

For his wall of ice, how large is it (length, width, and thickness)? I assume a "cold snap" is something like freezing a person? We don't allow invisibility powers, nor meteor strikes. What is the range of his EMP? How large is his tornado and how long does it last at most? (Preferably, you should say it "can" suck up his enemies, not "will.") I suggest you tone down how much faster Carl's friend can get at most by a bit. How hot is the ray of fire from the sun (unless you mean a ray of sunlight, not actual fire) in degrees Fahrenheit? What are forge spirits, exactly, and how large are they? For the sonic wave, what does it actually do -- does it knock the enemies over? What is the range of the wave?

You're going to need to define what you mean by your damage measurements (as in, small, decent, okay, strong, etc).
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 1:19 am

Okay, I'll see what I can explain from your asking before I'm forced off the computer.

So, I will make it 8 now, so no more meteor or invisibility.

Yes, a cold snap is more like a freezing.

The ice wall is probably enough to keep Carl safe from attack from the side, so about 7 feet tall, 13 feet long, and 3 feet wide?

Alright, Carl's friend can be at most sped up by 60%

The sunlight ray, after passing through the atmosphere, is cooler than before, so I'd say it's about, oh, 88 degrees Fahrenheit.

Forge spirits are, basically, elementals of lava and stone, personifying the strength of fire and fortitude of ice. They have long arms, stone heads, and no legs; just one swirling floating end. They're about 5 feet tall.

The sonic wave makes enemies unable to fully sense their surroundings. Sight and sound are muffled, but still clear enough to semi-sense it, so thus, it makes it harder for them to fight. It has a range of about, oh, 10 feet area around him.

The damages:

Small means they, at most, suffer a small cut. Normally, small means it barely hurt them.

Decent means they will suffer at least a bruise, and at most be a little cut up.

Okay means it will make them feel weaker, for the damage has done a lot to them, but not devastating. It will leave at least one scar-inducing cut, and at most a small bone to get damaged, but not broken.

Strong means it at most breaks a small bone, and at least leaves the damaged area bruised or cut up badly.

Edit: Forgot to mention the tornado. I'd say the largest it can get would be about nine feet high, and it could last....two minutes?
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601

Post by Daniel 8/1/2012, 12:39 pm

I need to clarify this statement: "he finds himself above anyone who isn't a magic user." Does he feel like he is superior to non-magic users?
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 12:47 pm

Yeah, he feels like magic is more powerful than anything else, and so, if someone isn't using magic, he finds them weak and inferior.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 2:17 pm

How much of a person's body is frozen during a cold snap, and how long can it last at most? And what about how thick the ice wall? (Tall and long might be the same thing when it comes to walls....) For his ray of sunlight, what does it do exactly -- does it try to burn the target? Can you define how muffled the sight and sound of a person are by the sonic wave? Everything else is fine (for now), I suggest you edit it into your form....
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 2:27 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 2:43 pm

(If you look back at the post detailing the powers more, you'll see you put length, height, and width, but no thickness.)

If a person has fire or ice abilities of their own, can they resist having their limbs frozen? What's the range of the cold snap? I suggest you put a list of his abilities on the bottom of your form, in the Notes.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 2:53 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 2:57 pm

Hm.... I don't think you've ever told me the range of his EMP.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 2:59 pm

Oh, guess it slipped. I'd say at most, ten feet away with a diameter of 7 feet wide.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 3:02 pm

I suggest also editing in how much time he needs to wait between spells.
    Tromokratis
    Tromokratis
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Tromokratis 8/1/2012, 3:06 pm

Edited.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content