A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Perca
Zachary
Morgan Landry
7 posters

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Morgan Landry 12/17/2013, 2:41 pm

"Where I found the material?" Victoria asked. "The Forge is crammed full with so many disparate equipment, you just need to bend down and pick up what you need."

She vocally ordered the board to float at exactly twenty centimeters from the ground, and it obeyed; Victoria stepped on it with caution, her feet apart for better equilibrium, making it slide ever so slightly from left to right with light impulses of her ankles.

She muttered something to herself in Ancient Greek (which meant 'the balance is good') before stepping back down.

"I've gotta say, I had to use a little trick in order to coat the batteries with graphene," she smirked to Jason. "Metallic oxides carry negative loads on their surface, just like graph oxides. Therefore, both were pushing each other off. I had to somehow turn around the loads on the metallic oxide particles first. That succeeded by adding a substance, which committed itself to the particles and produced a new, positively charged surface. Then, I added the graph oxide. It coated the particles completely, because both attracted each other now, thanks to the loading of their surface."

She leaned against a shelf, next to her favorite microscope. She had altered it with an USB-connection and an image-editing software, among else.

"In the end, I transformed the graph oxide by thermal treatment back into graphene (it could have functioned also by chemical reduction, but eh). The result was a hybrid material made out of an anorganic oxide with a stabilizing, but not totally closed organic cover."

Victoria smirked and took the edge of the magnetic board in her hand.

"I'd like to try it out now. Wanna come with me?" she asked. "You can try too, if you wish, but you'll have to take my shoes. Wait, what is your shoe size?"
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female
    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2012-03-29

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Maybeth 12/18/2013, 11:17 am

Jason smiled, he was certain now. He loved her, there was no other person he could feel such a strong bond with. But he decided not to interfear the emotions surrounding him right now. He stood silent for a moment, he simply summed up all she had told him. Some of this knowledge, were still kind of innovative, and fast for him, but the daughter of Athena had them as basis, so he had to spent some time alone thinking all that she explained, in order to realise on his own, but he knew it well inside him, even if he managed to reach her level one day, it would happen after a lot of study and labor, for her, anything new takes no longer than a moment. He sighed, and nodded.

She asked him what size of shoes he was wearing. Well, that was something hard... He glanced at his feet, trying to guess, but he ended up sitting on a chair, looking the bottom of his shoe to find out. No clue... These trainers had served their purpose for many years, and he never felt them uncomfortable. His mother had given them to him, but he didn't knew his feet size... He shrugged smiling silly.

He did want to try this board out though, but he smiled widely, in the thought of making a pair of these together! Just equiping his shoes, with ferromagnets, and controlling them somehow, to switch on and off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/19/2013, 1:50 am

Apparently, James didn't know his shoes size, but it didn't matter: Victoria immediately saw he had bigger feet than her. He'd never get into her shoes. Pity.

"I'll have to work on your shoes," she stated. "Get some ferromagnets and code voice sensors. Only if you want me to, of course."

She took the board in her hand, then on her shoulder; it was incredibly light. Shooting a smile at Jason, she scaled with agility the flight of steps up to the ground of the cabin, waited for Jason to catch up, then exited the cabin, heading for the patch of grass behind it.

"I don't know if we're going to have much time, since the Olympus trip starts soon," she told Jason. "But let's try nonetheless."

Grinning -- which she normally didn't do -- she positioned her board above the ground; she could feel the diamagnets connecting with the elements in the ground and stabilizing. She jumped on it, vocally ordered her glasses to get in modus five. Obediently, they unraveled until her eyes were protected by strip of transparent material which had the advantage of not shattering.

"Magnets: on," she told her shoes, and she could feel the way her soles got attracted to the surface of the board with a little 'clank'. "Here we go," she told Jason with a smile, and leaned forward so her left foot pressed on one edge of the board.

The magnetic device slid forward, and Victoria bend her knees, leaning forward and backwards like she had learnt to do in the snowboarding lessons she had taken in Switzerland.

"Up, fifty centimeters," she told the board, and it shot upwards, giving Victoria a weird sensation in her stomach, like she was falling upwards. She licked her lips, then made it go forward again, slaloming for better balance. The board was quick.

After some minutes, she came back to where Jason was standing, her hair flying horizontally behind her from the speed. Time to check the suspensors, she thought, and, at two meters of the ground, she jumped down. At first nothing happened, then suddenly she could feel the devices get into action, and stopping her a few centimeters from the ground before lowering her down.

Ouch, she thought, the belt digging into her skin.

"The board works really well," she told Jason. "Although it's mainly a prototype. I just wanted to check if it worked, and it does. Now I can work on the details, like, lights for the night, GPS-system, and what not. Perhaps some defensive things as well."

She smiled at him then looked back at the board, still at two meters from the ground, and ordered it to come down to fifty centimeters.

"Also... I should've done an anticrash vest instead of an anticrash belt. I think it would be safer."
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 12/19/2013, 2:17 pm

-An anticrash suit wouldn't be safer? Jason asked, half-way smiling. He was kind of worried. He was amazed, by how fast this thing was going. Victoria, was nothing but a blur dot on the horizon, before he even got to encourage her. She had this inside her, she need no encouraging words, to believe in her self. He was glad about it.

The trip... yes, he had learnt about it, a few days ago. He wasn't sure. Was he willing to see his father? As it happens with religion as well, to common humans, it also sometimes happens with half-bloods towards the pantheon. Controversy... He had felt that long time now, the odd feeling of not belonging, the questions wandering around your head. Though for half-bloods it was different... You were able to see gods, but unable to believe that they actually have any important role... that they care about you...

Jason sighed soflty.

-I'll try to work on the shoes, if you give me some instructions... He said hoping they would actually do this together. He looked down. A day had passed already? The sky was darkening slowly... the sun was slowly setting.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/19/2013, 3:02 pm

Victoria shook her head.

"An anticrash suit might break little bones if it is too strong, and it would take some mobility away. An anticrash vest would just take the upper part of the body, from waist to shoulders. That would be safer."

She looked at her board fondly; she couldn't wait to take a picture and send it to her father. He knew about her project, and was impatient to see it, he had told her he might even be able to patent it -- even though they'd have to explain mortals what celestial bronze is. Or the Mist would make up for that.

"I'd help you of course. If you wish, we can do it together," she added. I think we have a common lesson at the forge next week, might do it then, what do you think?"
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 12/19/2013, 3:22 pm

-Oh! I see... Well, okay, that would be great actually! So, I guess, meet you then? Jason said as he walked closer to Victoria. A week was long time for him. He placed his arms around her.

He smiled warmly.

-It's amazing, everything you showed, you are amazing! He said. I like that, and I honestly want to be with you forever he said. What was with Apollo boys, and they always got the emotions in their everyday life and words? Jason had never made a poem, but for the first time in his life, felt the inspiration flash on!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/20/2013, 2:44 am

Victoria smiled warmly at him. Normally, people saying 'I love you forever' seemed extremely cliché to her, and she hated it. But when Jason said it.... it actually felt sincere. She passed an arm around his waist and pulled him close, her face against his shoulder as she breathed his sunny, woody cedar fragrance in.

She didn't feel like saying 'I love you too', because for her, that simple hug said everything. Victoria softly stroked his cheek with the very tip of her nose, and put a hand in his blonde hair. The sunlight turned it to pure gold, and it was warm.

"I think we should slowly get ready," she whispered as she stepped back to look at him, her hands still on his waist. "Argus won't wait indefinitely to bring us to Olympus."
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 12/20/2013, 5:11 am

-Yes, he said and that moment of warmness and love, was over. He stepped away, and waved her.

-Going to get ready! He said. Jason actually only had to wear something warm. The travel to Olumpus, such a high place, would be quick but the temperature would be real even with the gods presence.
    He waled to his bunk, waving her for one last time. He smiled, and turned away.

-Meet you to the camp's hill in 10' minutes!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/20/2013, 10:04 am

Victoria waved back at him and stayed on the meadow, gazing at her board. The line it made against the horizon melted away into equations as she stared at it with her stormy grey eyes, then she looked up. I hope you saw this, mum, she thought, then jumped back on her board and glided back to her cabin on it, which got her surprised glances from the demigods she met. Not wanting to draw any attention, she hopped down and walked back with the board under her arm, the magnets in her shoes deactivated. She was musing about an astrophysics problem whilst at the same time solving two linear algebra problems, her gaze lost in the grass until she reached the columns of the Athena cabin and went back into her secret room, putting her board in its place and scaling back up.

Jason would meet her in ten minutes, which gave her the time to stuff her notebook and a pencil as well as one of her computers in iPad-modus into the leather shoulder bag she used for school, and going to Half-Blood Hill.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 12/20/2013, 4:10 pm

After a while, Jason spots Victoria. He walks by her side, and holds her hand. He smiles, as they head together to the hill.
    -Won't you show her your board? He asks.

OCC: is there a topic for the trip?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/21/2013, 4:02 am

Victoria shook her head.

"It's too large, I haven't made it foldable yet. Besides, I burnt her offerings every time I was working on it -- normally, she should know about it. And I prayed to her when I was using it," she smiled.

It had been a month since Athena had paid Victoria a visit and given her the most incredible present she had ever gotten, and she couldn't wait to see her mother again.

OOC: The topic is open in the Mount Olympus section: http://www.camphalfblood.org/t17633-mount-olympus#1153285
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/22/2014, 1:44 pm

Victoria was sitting on her bunk bed, right under the sheet which read Disce out discede, "either learn or leave", while making a digital diagram on her computer, now in sleek, silvery iPad modus. She was making a diagram of everything she could possibly alter in her body (in medicinal purpose) to make it better, more efficient, to heal and prevent diseases. For the brain, she could do cognitive therapies, deliver drugs with the help of fullerines and nanobots, reconstruct brain cells, and even restore cognitive functions, eventually. The brain is very sensitive and very complex, and it would take Victoria and enormous amount of time before she'd be able to engineer a molecule and the nanobot to go with it, but she liked to set herself big goals. Huge goals. It gave her a sense of purpose and achievement.
    Now to the eyes... she had already a prototype of her smart lenses, which right now provided sun protection, night and infra-red vision and data linked to her computers. Perhaps she could add some vital stats on her body, like the glucose levels, which was always interesting to know.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 7/26/2014, 12:38 pm

Hope rolled into her cabin. There was a few of her siblings in there, but otherwise, it was empty. The few campers that were in there were focused on their studies or other smart things. She decided to move towards her bunk. It was fairly plain, as Hope didn't have much mobility to decorate. The bunk was low to the ground, with a space next to it for her wheelchair. She passed a girl she hadn't met before, and really had no intention of meeting. Hope just wanted to sit on her bunk and read her books. She picked up "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley, and tried to ignore everyone.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/26/2014, 1:02 pm

OOC: This is a massive cop out, I know, but I don't have much time and don't wanna keep my co-posters waiting. I really apologize for how short this is.

BIC: Victoria looked up as she heard the familiar noise of a wheelchair rolling into the cabin.

"Hey there Hope," she greeted her, looking back at her iPad.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/26/2014, 1:15 pm

Hope looked up from her book to see someone working on an iPad. She sighed and looked down at her book, purposefully ignoring the other girl.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/26/2014, 1:50 pm

This was why Victoria narrowed down her socializing to the absolutely necessary. She had SPD, which generally didn't work well with society, and no her attempts at being polite to one of her siblings who wasn't that much of a sophist, from what she'd seen, were shot down. Well then. Victoria kept working on her diagram, getting now to the arms, thinking how nanotechnology could help her... sheathing muscles with monofilaments, that she had already in mind, and would be able to accomplish it, with Drizzt's help. What else?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/26/2014, 1:55 pm

Hope looked at the girl again. She knew she had seen her before. Definitely one of her siblings, but she couldn't come up with her name. V, V, Valerie? V, V, Victoria! Hope came up with her name. She still didn't want to talk much, so she kept reading her book. She got bored after a while, so she reached up and started to braid her brittle hair. She put it into a waterfall braid and tossed her remaining hair over her shoulder.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/27/2014, 4:08 am

Perhaps Victoria shouldn't be so hard on Hope; after all, she was autistic. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw her braid her very pale hair and toss it over her shoulder.
    Vic kept doing her diagram, until suddenly, her pen fell out of her hand and landed on the floor, rolling away.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/27/2014, 1:28 pm

Hope had gone back to reading when she heard a clatter on the floor. It was just a standard looking pen. Of course, nothing is really standard at camp, seeing as Hope had a ring the could turn into a dagger. The pen had rolled right next to her wheelchair, so she leaned down and picked it up. Seeing as Victoria was the only person even remotely close to her, Hope decided it was hers. She took a shaky breath and slowly wheeled towards her sister. She put it next to Victoria and said in a whisper that was barely audible, "H-h-here you g-go." Hope quickly made her way back towards her bunk.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/27/2014, 2:06 pm

Vic was surprised when Hope actually took the time to pick the pen up and wheel herself over to her.

"Thank you," Victoria replied, taking the pen. It was a special pen, those designed to write on tablets, and she let it twirl between her fingers before putting it back against her iPad and continuing the diagram. "Nice of you."
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/27/2014, 6:53 pm

Hope gave a small nod at her sister. Victoria was working on her tablet, and Hope was a bit curious. She actually moved towards Vic, trying to observe her work from a distance. She occasionally buried her face back into her book, as to not seem too creepy. Hope tucked her stray hairs behind her ears.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2014, 4:36 am

After a couple of minutes of this, Victoria looked over to Hope.

"I'm making a diagram about nanobiotech," she explained. "To make out in how far a body could be helped or busted up with nanobots, fullerines and the like."
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/28/2014, 12:06 pm

Victoria started talking about something technical. Hope had skills in biology and algebra, rather than technology. She furrowed her brow in confusion. "I-i-i don't u-unders-stand." Nonetheless, she was very interested in her sister's work, and moved slightly closer to her, after putting down her book. Victoria was very smart, and if Hope could overcome her everlasting insecurities, they could work together and do something great.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2014, 1:22 pm

That's what Victoria appreciated. Most people she knew crawled away from what they didn't understand, Hope on the contrary moved closer, with the real desire to learn and to know. Vic moved so there was some space for Hope to wheel closer and showed her her diagram; a simplified human body with annotations on the sides.

"Are you familiar with nanotechnology?" she asked, just to know where she had to start the explanations.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/28/2014, 5:59 pm

Hope shook her head. She looked at Victoria's tablet. It had an image of a human body that Hope thought was very simplified, along with some notes on the side. Nanotechnology sounded very interesting, so she moved closer to her sister. Hope was always eager to learn new things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 3:27 pm