A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

A.Kay.Cee's characters

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

A.Kay.Cee's characters - Page 3 Empty Re: A.Kay.Cee's characters

Post by Kendall 9/16/2012, 2:59 pm

There's a difference between comic books and Percy Jackson and the Olympians. What might be considered a power in a comic might not be a power in PJO.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/16/2012, 3:01 pm

Yes, that works.

And now, for the final few things before we reach approval: You need to edit the limits of your character's powers into his form, meaning number of times per day, the sizes, and the time limits to each power, and the strength of his shields.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2012-08-26

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/16/2012, 3:05 pm

I'm asking for basic powers, and you are saying a no.
    Well, He is strong and he can lift heavy things, that's why he can take those shields and breast plate and Armour on him for whole day.
    My character is a cataphract, a Heavy Cavalry unit. Even weightlifters have that much powers, and Not a Bellona's child. That's bad, I'm going to sleep and cry.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/16/2012, 3:16 pm

It seems to me you hadn't read what I put down before, so I'll quote it for you:

Kendall wrote:But if he's just naturally strong, that's not a power -- if he required the use of a power boost every so often to be able to lift 300-450 lbs, then that would be a power, but not if he can just lift 300-450 lbs whenever he was rested and just wanted to. Vitality, also, wouldn't be a power -- it's more like a personality or physical trait, meaning that your character is just used to those kinds of exertions.

Weightlifters train to lift heavy weights, and soon some of them are able to do so with ease. I assume since your character got used to all that weight, it would seem fine and natural to him -- but if you read the first part of my quote, you'd know that on this site, it wouldn't be considered a power. The fact that you're comparing his strength to weightlifters', who attain it by training, helps my case more than yours -- they don't need any magical abilities to be able to lift a lot of weight. If you would like to, I can argue with you for another twenty or so posts -- you're not going to get me to budge unless you turn the strength into an actual magical power, meaning strength boosts he can use every so often.

You're calling these "basic powers," but on this site powers are considered magical abilities. Is his strength and vitality magically enhanced using a sort of power boost? If no, you've lost this argument.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/17/2012, 4:23 am

I have added [those] powers to the notes. As well as, that Wolves and other ferocious animals don't hurt him. That doesn't mean that he can beat them, or tease them and expect them to be nice. It's just that they are never hostile to him, usually. Not when they are being protective of their child and feeling me of a danger, they may roar at me and show their disapproval.

I've thought about my powers and added some, See if they are okaay with you.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/17/2012, 4:47 am

It took me 25 minutes, I've summarized it all :)

Last edited by A.Kay.Cee on 9/17/2012, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :P)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/17/2012, 10:46 am

... Isn't Bellona's counterpart Enyo, not Eris?

How many people can his war cry affect at once, and how far at most can a person be from him in order to be affected? I don't think I'd allow the calming power unless Bellona is also a goddess of peace, but as far as I can tell, she's not.

(Also, don't double-post.)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/17/2012, 11:22 am

You haven't put how many of his big rainbows he can make per day.... You also said "3-4 means you're on floor, 6-7 means you really are on floor, and getting up is very very difficult. 10 punches would mean you will lie there on the floor for 15 minutes and only then would get enough strength to get up" for his rainbow punches, not 2-3 punches putting a person to the floor.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/17/2012, 1:44 pm

'2-3' Punches or '3-4' punches do not make much of a difference. (It says right here:3-4 means you're on floor, and that is what, '2-3 punches', have been added to my power description) And ^^^All that was for explaining you the concept.
    Further is says: 6-7 punches makes it VERY VERY difficult to get up from the floor, that means 2-3 punches were sufficient to put him on the floor. The Beast/monster/demigod would surely want to have some rest before charging me again.

Number of times use of big rainbow have been edited to the form.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/17/2012, 1:51 pm

No, I think Bellona/Enyo/Eris all are same. Different websites tell different things.

4-5 demigods and 15 or so Mortal soldiers will be suffering my wrath. The effective range is 20-25 meters.

Yes, Bellona is not that of a Goddess. But, that is my power. What can cause strife(As Bellona's child I can cause it), so I can even control it. It's all about the decision you take. You can be powerful, enemy-killer, vengeance seeker, retribution lover goddess' son, but that does not make her or me a Tormentor of Spirits. Only the deserved get the taste of my sword, my thinking. (Teeehahaha)
    Did you had a word with Daniel about Faunus' children acceptable?

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/17/2012, 5:25 pm

Wikipedia, Theoi, and the Percy Jackson Wiki all say Bellona is connected to Enyo, not Eris. Eris's Roman form is Discordia.

Can your character pick which people will be affected by his war cry, if there's more than 5 demigods around to hear the war cry? And unfortunately, war does not cause peace -- it causes more chaos until the leader of one side wins or makes a treaty or such. I'm saying no to the calming power, and that is final.

Also, no, I haven't talked to Daniel about Faunus yet; he hasn't been on lately. Were you looking for a specific power that Faunus kids would use?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/17/2012, 5:28 pm

Actually, 2 punches is plenty different from 3 -- that would mean the two punches you put in the form would be just as effective as the three you told me in one of your later posts. I would suggest, if you wish to get this form approved, that you change it to what you told me before.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/18/2012, 3:39 am

I don't, wiki says they are related to each other and Enyo and Eris same share type of powers, they were together depicted on several artifacts etc etc. Homer, the poet equated Enyo with Eris, maybe they are same or something, I don't know, I don't know much about Roman Minor Gods.

Well, let me get this straight, When it's a war cry, usually those who have the capacity to inflict more damage to others, and are evil, those who don't have much control over themselves, gets affected.
    But, individually I can try to agitate any demigod I want. Nope, we aren't talking about characters like Percy, Thalia, other main characters. But, I can still cause some uneasiness, which may hinder their abilities(like if you are a healer, you need peace of mind, but when you don't probably you won't be treat your patient etc.) or may change their mindsets. That's just a possibility.

I'll delete the calming effect.

I was interested in powers regarding Nature. Like Pan(Faunus) had, he could animate and control trees, grasses. I know Dryads, and other Nature spirits can do it, But I want my character to be a Demigod.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/18/2012, 3:43 am

Edited.
    Now it's 3-4 punches.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/18/2012, 2:58 pm

I suggest you edit in how many shields he can make per day, too.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/18/2012, 3:43 pm

Hmm.... Well, there's Ceres, goddess of agriculture, as well as Flora, goddess of springtime and flowers. I'll send Daniel a PM about Faunus.

So, the five most "evil" and dangerous people around him get affected?
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/18/2012, 10:07 pm

God No, any 4-5 random demigods. Probability of evil and dangerous demigods are more.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/18/2012, 10:12 pm

Edited.
    Shields can be used 2-3 times a day.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/21/2012, 3:18 pm

You put 203 times for his rainbow shields.... Also, does he need to wait a bit between using rainbow punches?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/21/2012, 3:22 pm

Hmm.... Well, does that mean you're going to basically pick who gets affected, or are the people you're posting with going to decide that?
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/22/2012, 4:16 am

Oh ADHD inflicted demigod...:P 2-3 times, (see where 0 and hyphen is, that's a typing mistake)

Well, on the start, I can make 3-4 continuous punches, but, then, I require 10 minutes to gain the energy.(It's also Magical+physical move and well, as you know, or I should say, you made me change it, I can break small bricks, it won't require a lot of energy, so 10 minutes is okay)
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/22/2012, 4:17 am

In war(cry), no...other ways, Yes, I can control normal demigods, not main ones. But usual ones.

For RP, if one wants they can ask me, we'll RP that way, other ways, I'll say that [Demigod] flinched, and it maybe taken that he is consumed by fear/aggression etc.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/22/2012, 11:30 am

Then I suggest you edit it to say 2-3 times, not 203 times....

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/22/2012, 11:33 am

You should edit out the calming power now.
    A.Kay.Cee
    A.Kay.Cee

Male

Post by A.Kay.Cee 9/22/2012, 3:05 pm

Dude, that's edited already! -.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 8:34 am