A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Crow and the Dragon

nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

The Crow and the Dragon Empty The Crow and the Dragon

Post by nix 5/1/2013, 3:54 pm

Daenerys Targary, that was her name. She waltzed in, donning a dress that reached to her pale calves. The porcelain-colored girl was beautiful, with her silver-hair and violet eyes. Strange and exotic, yet the same. The child of fire looked down at her teal dress. She dropped her blue cloak that was attached by a gold pin, on a nearby bench. She tucked a loose strand of her silver hair that escaped from its braid, back behind her small elfish ear. A large tooth necklace was placed on her breasts, and as she moved freely, it was obvious that she had no problems practice shooting in. She had her quiver located on her back, since she was unable to clip it on her waist, since she wasn't wearing pants. It was quite rare to see Dany in pants, since she preferred loose dresses to tight clothes. The strange girl with violet eyes lined her feet up, making a bit space between her two tiny sandals.

Her longbow was quite large for a tiny girl like her, as she brought back the bowstring, with a celestial bronze arrow equipped. It was thirty-five pounds what she was pulling back, and already her fingers ached from the rather rough string, and pulling all the weight back already made her slender arms hurt slightly. She released the arrow, after shaking a bit from all the weight. She hit close to the bullseye. Well, not really close. More like two inches away. She was still fairly new to archery, just having gotten into it about a year ago. She wasn't exactly talented, but due to her rather small figure she'd obviously not be good at close combat, so she preferred to hit from far away.

Dany let her gaze wander for a few seconds, letting her right arm rest for a few seconds before equipping another arrow. This time, she hit a bit closer to the bullseye, but it still gave her a unsatisfying feeling as she didn't hit the red. Dany momentarily forgot about shooting, as she adjusted the long tooth necklace that was placed on her milky breasts. She pulled her dress up a bit, feeling quite scandalous for forgetting that she had the neckline rather low. Of course, it didn't show anything too inappropriate but she still felt rather odd even if she didn't spot anyone in the archery clearing.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

The Crow and the Dragon Empty Re: The Crow and the Dragon

Post by Josh 5/2/2013, 8:06 am

I wandered into the archery range, knowing I needed to practice. It had been quite some time since I actually devoted some time to archery, I had spent a lot more time focusing on my swordsmanship, but to be truly prepared for battle, I needed both.

As I walked in though, I unzipped my fur lined black hoodie and placed it over a bench. I had been far too warm in it, and even warmer with the hood up with had been covering my dark shaggy hair. After taking off the jacket, it was revealed that I was wearing a plain black t-shirt underneath, and then I was also wearing some dark jeans, and finished off with black converse high-tops. A pretty dark look. I clearly wasn't a goth or anything, but I appeared quite dark in appearance.

After putting my jacket down, I picked up a bow. I didn't have my own bow, just my two handed greatsword, Longclaw, which I also wasn't carrying around with me. Since I knew I was coming here, I had left Longclaw locked up in my cabin, just so no-one would get their hands on it. It was my most treasured possession, no-one was touching it. I looked around though and saw a girl. She was definitely a beautiful girl, one who would capture the hearts of many men. It was quite strange though to see her wearing a dress. Not many girls here wore dresses for activities, such as archery. I wasn't complaining, but it was not a familiar sight. Her first couple arrows weren't very impressive, but she was getting better, as if she were getting back into the swing of things also. I imagined my arrows would also end up with similar results.

I looked down to my side to see Ghost, my large white Husky leaning up against my leg, also watching the girl. "Ghost, stay." I ordered him, leaving him by the bench. I walked over to the firing line, and stood a few metres away from the girl. I then took aim and notched the arrow, then pulled the string back. I took a breath, let it go, and then released the arrow. It flew down the range and landed closer to the bullseye than her furthest arrow, but not as close as a couple of her others. I shrugged, that was to be expected. I notched another arrow and repeated, but took it slower this time and it was much more accurate. Still not a perfect shot, but archery wasn't my specialty. Just something I was well practiced, usually, in.

I then realised I wasn't being very courteous, here I was, practicing archery, and there was this girl next to me. I lowered my bow, and then turned to her, "Hey there, nice firing, clearly you're good with your bow." I said to her. It was nothing special, but I wasn't exactly experienced when it came to girls. I was a bit awkward, and the way I said that clearly showed it. Still, I was trying to be nice, and I hoped I conveyed that.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 5/2/2013, 7:11 pm

Daenerys Targary

The Crow and the Dragon Tumblr_mm1bpaqFjS1racdn0o1_250

Daenerys tugged on the fabric of her dress, the blue contrasting well with her rather pale skin. Her lashes where obviously long, as she lowered her eyelids, her violet eyes not as visible. She continued to shoot, before starting to continously hit bullseye. Perhaps she should start moving onto the more difficult stations, in which the targets start moving. She looked around, her hand wrapped around her last celestial bronze arrow. Ah! There it was! She spotted the area, which was a few trots away, the station where the targets appear out of no where and she has less than a minute to hit it.

Her lips curled up into a smile, recognizing it faintly from the stories of other campers. She has heard it was quite hard to hit all of them, even for the Apollo kids. It wouldn't hurt to try out this challenge. After a while, she padded over to her target and pulled out the arrows, not seeing the black-haired boy. She turned around, and saw another hood placed on a bench, one made of fur. She frowned, displeased at the rather dark color. Her eyes wandered over to where a rather handsome boy was standing. He had black hair, slightly curly that reached to his ears. He had pale skin, well not as pale as hers, but still. She wondered if he grew up somewhere cold where there was lack of sunlight. Perhaps he was a vampire like her, she thought humorously.

Gracefully, she walked back to her original place, and started shooting yet again, deciding she'll try out the moving targets area after one more time of shooting with her arrows. She wanted to actually see if she was getting the hang of shooting, but couple of times she completely missed due to the fact her arm was shaking so much she wildly let loose an arrow. She muttered a rather unintelligable curse under her breath, before notching another one. Her fingers started to slightly hurt, but she didn't care much. She wanted to get another bullseye, as she let go of another arrow. This time it hit between the red and the white layer. Gods be damned! She just wanted a true bullsye, as she huffed impatiently.

After a few seconds of her anger flaring up her throat, a voice addressed her. She looked up, surprise etched on her child-like face. "Oh, yes, thank you," she said absent-mindedly. Her dress was more comfy, since she wore rather loose leggings/pants underneath with riding boots. The white-haired girl blinked, before opening her plump pink lips to continue, "I'm Daenerys Targary, daughter of Hepheastus. And may I have the honor of knowing your name?" Dany asked, in her small pleasant accent. Her smile stayed frozen in place, now, due to courtesy. It was obvious Dany wasn't American, due to the tip off with how she talked.

Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 5/8/2013, 8:00 am

I smiled, amused, I was speaking with someone who actually spoke correctly and not like many other people. This would prove to be an interesting conversation, I decided.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Targary." I said, and then saying, "My name is Jon Snow, Son of Athena." I finished by giving her a small bow, and then when I stood up, I gave her a very friendly smile. I couldn't tell where this girl was from, but I could tell she wasn't American. She would probably figure out I was British, I did still have the accent.

The girl was pretty. She too had pale skin, but paler than my own. And then she also had long, very pale hair. It was silvery, which was quite beautiful to see.

I got the impression I was going to like this girl. She seemed like a good person, with good intentions, yet wasn't afraid either, and she kept pushing herself. That, in turn could have been a thing though. I even noticed it in her archery just before, whilst it was good, she was tiring herself out, or so it seemed anyway, and thus her arm was beginning to shake, as if it couldn't handle the strain any longer.

"If you don't mind, would you like me to help with your shooting? You're doing excellently, but there's just a couple things that would get you that true bullseye which you appear to be aiming for." I meant that in two ways. One, it was pretty obvious she was aiming for a bullseye, anyone who comes to practise archery is, it's just where you aim for. Secondly, she was cursing under her breath, I couldn't make out the curse, but she didn't seem happy with herself.

I stepped beside her, and raised my bow. As I aimed it, I went through each stage, making sure to focus on some of the key things. "When you've drawn the string, and after you've taken aim, don't hold it for too long, or your arm will begin to strain. Just keep it for a moment, and then release." And as I said the last word, I released the string, and the arrow flew down the range landing in the 10 point area. It wasn't perfect, but it was close. I turned around and smiled, and then realised my mistake. I had just clearly pointed out that I noticed her arm was straining. I sighed to myself and cursed myself in my mind. Now would be the time that she would get annoyed or something and storm off, and I didn't want that. This girl seemed like someone I would enjoy talking to and enjoy having an intellectual conversation with.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 5/8/2013, 5:19 pm

Daenerys Targary

The Crow and the Dragon Tumblr_mlb2m8Fy571r27025o1_250

Daenerys noted that he seemed to be geniunely smiling. Growing up in foster-care, made her quite well to read other people's emotions, as she tried her to keep her face blank other than curl on her lips. She lowered her lashes, focusing on Jon's feet. It was so warm out, and he seemd quite keen to stick to all black and fur. Ah, she was a child of summer, whilst he was a child of winter, she bet. She couldn't stand donning rather dark clothes or furry ones unless she found it completely necessary. Her dress was well-suited to riding a horse or perhaps just doing something that didn't require running around too much. The blue fabric spilled onto her knees, as she didn't bother to tug upwards her dress. Seven hells, the tops of her breasts were already showing and that was the point, since she really did want to wear the tooth necklace for a long time, and it seemed those were the only things that went together. Her fingers already sore, she wiped the sweat off on her blue dress.

"You don't have to bow," she said, her tone faintly amused. "But, still a pleasure," she said, a true grin lighting up her face, as she clumsily curtsied, due to the bow in hand. "I'm afraid that was the worst curtsy you have seen, but the best curtsy with a bow," she said, in a rather jovial and light tone. At least she had her sturdy boots on, and not heels. What type of girl would go and shoot with heels on? She refocused on Jon, and took in his looks. Yes, he was handsome, and seemed to have broken many hearts as he passed. Dany often looked at strangers and thought about their looks, but she herself wasn't prepared to date or fall in love. Ha, as if.

"Oh, I've only taken a lesson once, and from them on I practiced alone. I thought you were supposed to focus on getting the bullseye and aiming. After all, that's why my arm is strained so much," Dany pointed out to Jon, looking back at him, impressed with his shot. "How long have you taken up archery?" She asked Jon, biting her lip after. The pale girl rubbed her right arm with her left hand, still holding her bow. "Where did you also come from? You don't have a American accent," she said, never having heard a British accent in her life. She never watched television and had never managed to visit the U.K, so of course, she had no clue how one sounded.

The birds chirped, and Dany looked up, not knowing where they were. Oh gods! "J'aspo," muttered Dany angrily to herself, and then she had to contain her laughter. Did she just seriously call the birds a b*ch? Ah, hopefully Jon didn't catch what she said and asked what she just said. J'aspo was from a fictional language Dany learned from Lord of The Rings, which was High Valyrian. When she heard it on he screens, she thought it was a absolutely beautiful tongue even if it didn't bring her any use. It just sounded so smooth and reminded her of a beautiful lake of still water. Sure, it may be weird, but to her it made her simply happy. Dany was also great at languages, and learning the fictional one was no problem.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 5/18/2013, 5:10 pm

I smiled at her, and laughed at her attempt to curtsy. It wasn't a bad attempt actually, especially with the bow in hand. "Bravo, my lady." I said mockingly, with a grin on my face.

I looked at what she was wearing, and she appeared to be so much more comfortable in what she was wearing, It definitely suited the environment, it seemed more natural than what I was wearing. I had completely black clothing on, well the jeans weren't black, but they were definitely dark. And I had even come up wearing a fur lined jacket. For some reason, I didn't feel excessively hot wearing it all, it seemed natural to me. I felt more comfortable in clothing like that, compared to summery clothing like what Daenerys was wearing. Especially for the current weather, well it was the weather basically every day. Mr D never seemed to have the weather any other way, so for me to be outside wearing what I was, it definitely looked unnatural.

"I'm for England. The norther part, borderline Scotland. But I moved around a lot, and my family taught me how to speak, my mother was persistent on it, so I have this accent. It's more of a posh accent, compared to the normal English accents... What about yours? I do not recognise it." I was also mesmerised by her foreign words. I did not recognise the language, but it sounded beautiful. It flowed so casually from her lips. It was quite an elegant, beautiful language. I wondered what it was. I was going to ask, but I presumed it was the language from where she was from, so when she answered that question I would hopefully have my answer. Still, she had directed what she was saying, or it appeared to be, towards the birds. So I was really perplexed as to what she was saying.

"And if you want any more help with archery, or even sword-fighting, I can help you. You've definitely got the skill for archery, you just need a little bit more help, but so far, you're really good." I smiled at her. I wasn't too sure what to say to her, as I mentioned, I wasn't used to the company of girls. I had my sisters, well, my half-sisters, and I was fine with them, but other girls, I wasn't too good with. I still had never had a girlfriend... I was weird like that. Not many people my age had never had a relationship. That wasn't to say I wasn't interested in girls, I most certainly was, I had just never been close with any, so I had no idea with what to do. It was unmarked territory to me.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 5/31/2013, 8:09 pm

The Crow and the Dragon Tumblr_mmq2v6wG9L1qzmkxio1_250

"Why, thank you,"Dany played along, her lips now curled in a smile with amusement. She clutched onto her longbow, her left hand now stroking its markings. There were several cuts in the wood, and a few swirls of white paint on it. She later on painted her bow with several blue swirls with acrylic paint, which she thought fairly turned out alright. She was afraid she'd mess up her beloved bow, but she didn't want it to stay a light tan and color and be so dull to look at. She liked color in her things, or something that reminded her of summer. Speaking of, it was unnaturally humid. Perhaps the sun was as its highest, for it was also hot, but it was quite odd since there was a lot of shade. Scrunching up her nose, Dany glanced around, before looking back at Jon's face. She was normally the cold one. For example, wherever she would go she'd basically bring a fur coat even throughout spring. It was quite odd for Dany to feel rather sweaty. Huh.

"Well, I do not know what posh means. I do apologize," Dany carefully said, a bit distracted, wondering how she was sweating a bit. "Er-I was born in Italy, so I assume I have an Italian accent. Although, I've traveled oft and had heard different dialects in a variety of areas. I've also been in America, and I was hoping that I've managed to adapt to the way they speak, but it is rather hard to say 'th'"," Dany remarked, with a rather disappointed sigh. She pronounced her "th" like d.

Dany rather took out the part that she traveled by being taken in by different families. But alas, even if she was placed in a good family with a good heart, the kids always got jealous of her. Dany did not understand why it was so bad to get good grades, or the way she looked. She didn't want to be a hopeless case that needed work. She liked being good-mannered not one with bad. So, Dany was sent back. But luckily, at times she got a computer for the time being and she was able to take different courses for languages, and she became fluent in Arabic.

"Well, I guess my knowledge of Italian, English, Arabic, a fictional language for reasons I do know why I learned, and Spanish rather helped me," Dany said, counting on her fingers. "I guess that could affect my so-called accent." Dany looked at Jon straight in the face. Perhaps she could stay a few minutes still here before she would bid him goodbye and meet with him for coffee or something later on. She was getting rather tired already from shooting her bow.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 6/6/2013, 6:26 am

I was glad she said she had no idea what posh meant. Sometimes people judged others for being posh or upperclass. I wasn't like that. It was just the people I had grown up around, it was how they had spoken, so naturally I picked up the accent too.

She claimed she had an Italian accent, however I had no idea what an Italian actually sounded like, so hearing her speak like that, for me, that was now an Italian accent. Plus she spoke all those other languages too, which was really impressive. And the phrase she had said before, which I hadn't understood, nor even remembered exactly what the wording was, I wondered which language that had come from. Still, to hear that she spoke all those languages, she was evidently a clever girl. A really clever one at that. I didn't speak other languages like that, I was kind of stuck to English, though I guess I new little bits of some other languages.

"I wish I could speak all those other languages like that, alas I only speak English. I've never really traveled much, so I haven't had a chance to experience all those different cultures, however it sounds really interesting to be able to speak all that." I told her.

I looked at her bow again, and it was strangely intriguing. It was clearly hand-painted, and it was just mystifying, my eyes were just rolling over it. It was beautiful even. However, if she were out in battle or something, that would not have been the bow I would choose, it would be awful if you needed camouflage. But for recreational use, it looked really nice.

I wiped my forehead, I was beginning to show the signs of sweating a little bit. It was really quite hot, I tried to remember what time it was, but I wasn't wearing a watch or anything. The sun was high in the sky, so I guessed it was around noon. What time I had I left my cabin? 10? 11? I couldn't remember. I looked at Dany, again noticing that she was quite beautiful, but she looked quite warm too. I wasn't used to heat like this, still, even after all the time I'd been here, I still preferred the cooler environments, that's where I felt at home. "Would you like to go somewhere a little bit cooler?" I asked her, "I do not mind wear, but it is a little hot right here. We could move over into the shade by the trees for a while and sit down? Or head somewhere else completely?" I didn't want her to just leave, I was interested in this girl, she had a lot to her, and I wanted to get to know her.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/9/2013, 2:35 pm

The Crow and the Dragon Tumblr_mn9xe1OJmc1rzxujso1_500
    Dany wondered still what posh was, since he hadn't answered her question. Perhaps she'll look it up in a dictionary some time, or she'll look it up on Yahoo. Dany clutched onto her bow, while with the back of her hand she wiped away the sweat that gathered onto her forehead. Thank goodness she didn't wear make-up, or else she'll be a cosmetic mess. She shuffled her feet, thinking she should go fetch her arrows before continuing her conversation. Dany was thinking about painting her arrows, but she was afraid perhaps the dried up paint would cause extra weight on the arrows and it would totally throw off her aim.

"Well, yes. It's rather hard to learn languages, and apparently even harder when you get older. When I was terribly bored at home, and if I had a electronic with some sort of wireless, I'd just look up language courses. It was hard because of my dyslexia, but it's not as bad as what I hear from other kids. I sometimes have to puzzle out through words when I read, but now I'm learning Greek. It's far too easy, but the Athena kids told me that Greek is basically hard-wired into us. Oddly enough, I was never much interested into the Greek culture. It's a shame, but I never found the gods interesting, until I was informed they are quite very real," Dany casually chipped in her thoughts, before glancing at Jon Snow.

He seemed quite hot, especially in his black jacket. She slightly grimaced at the thought of having to wear such a drab color, before regaining her composure. "Odd," Dany remarked. "I'm quite heat resistant, and here I am sweating in this dreaded sunlight. I'd love to go to the shadows with you. Let me just fetch my arrows first," she said, not waiting for a response, and skipping over to the target, pulling out her five arrows. After a few minutes, she returned. "Alright,let's continue," she said, grinning.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 6/18/2013, 7:51 am

I smiled, I was glad she didn't know what posh meant. Many people who believed I was posh, expected a lot of me, or well, to put it more bluntly, expected me to have more. Sadly, I had nothing, I gave everything up. I was smirking at her description of languages. She was clearly just voicing her thoughts, but I found it be cute. I enjoyed hearing about it. The girl was clearly very talented when it came to languages, and she was very good at archery. I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in this girl. However, I couldn't admit to that. I wouldn't know how. Even at this age, I still had never had a real girlfriend. I mean, I'd had little things, but nothing serious. Even the way she walked was so graceful. When she came back, with the grin on her face, I took her by the arm, and in a polite manner, I lead her over to the shade of the trees.

I sat down with her, and released her arm. I whistled for Ghost to come over, and he did instantly, from the moment I looked at him. He came and sat on the other side of me, and I petted him. "It's a lot cooler over here."I mused out loud. Then, in attempt to keep the conversation flowing, I looked over to Daenerys and said to her, "So tell me about yourself, cause so far you've proven to be very interesting. Not like me, I'm pretty boring." I added a grin at the end, but then turned that grin into a friendly smile. So far, I was happy that I had chosen to come over to the archery ranges today, I was definitely enjoying myself so far. I looked back up to the sky, and the sun was in the prime of its day, I could still feel the effects of its heat. It would probably have been better if I had not worn black, but it felt so much more natural to me. And I wondered why Mr. D was allowing it to be so hot today... Was he not roasting too?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 3:50 am