A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+8
Gravity
Alyssa
Blaze
GavinP
Morgan Landry
Doug The Turtle
Poptart
GwrachSeren
12 posters

Prom 2013 Committee Meeting

Prom 2013 Committee Meeting  - Page 7 Empty Re: Prom 2013 Committee Meeting

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 10:15 pm

Maeve bit her lip. So.... She had Suzy in her group. That was just wonderful. She sighed softly. She could absoloutely not handle people who had tempers. And Danny? The way he screamed things out made herself wonder if he was all there. In the head.

The only person that didn't seem to be weird in anyway was Nathan. She hoped he really was such.

Maeve looked at her hands, which were resting on her lap. Entertainment.... She could do entertainment. She hoped.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

Post by Blaze 5/12/2013, 11:35 pm

Alright... Entertainment. That was fine. The only group he would not like to be in was food, because he could not cook. At all.

"Alright. Suzy, Danny, Maeve, what have you got?" Nathan asked. Suzy's reply was probably going to be 'And who made you the leader?' He really didn't care about Danny, and Maeve, well, who knows? She didn't talk much.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2013, 12:53 am

Lakisha waved Achaylia goodbye and turned to her group.

Ember, Ross and Axcel.
    Axcel.
    Oh, joy.
    She had no problem with either Ross or Ember, even though they were children of Hephaestus and she had pyrophobia. Ross had shown himself capable of doing inventive things with his drawings, and she could bet Ember was pretty good as well.
    She wondered what she should make of Axcel.

"So," she told them with a smile. "Who has ideas about the main look of our prom dance?"

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 3:08 am

Maeve looked at Nathan as he spoke. She turned her head towards Suzy and Danny waiting for them to say something. She did have a few ideas that came to mind, but she was going to wait until other people spoke. She didn't want to mention her probably horrible ideas before the others. If she did, well, first impressions are like scars— they never go away.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

Post by Komaeda 5/13/2013, 6:41 am

" I dont know really, so many ideas, and with all of he ideas we have from everyone, why dont we narow it down to at least three, " I say playing with the gear that was in my hand. I had to show every one that even a kid like me could help out even if they are the youngest in the whole group. I take the gears and put them back in my bag leaving just one of them to fiddle with why we are speaking. I have to be fiddleing with something to pay attention to something else.

Last edited by Hiccup on 5/13/2013, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Gravity
    Gravity

Male
    Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2013-01-08

Post by Gravity 5/13/2013, 8:20 am

"So Bella and Ross will be helping me with the games or do I do the games with the people in my group?" Suzy asked. Lakisha should have made it less obvious that she was here just for the power, but Suzy was here to help out with the prom and not to pick a fight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2013, 12:12 pm

OOC: Don't take my character wrong, Gravity. Lakisha isn't doing this for power, and your character was the one who had been rude/disrespectful first. Knowing her personality, she had to jump in. And if she's there, it's, like for your character, merely to help out with the prom decoration.

BIC:
    Lakisha nodded.

"I agree with that too, it's very Science-Fiction-like and gives it a futuristic flair. So it perfectly fits the theme."

She licked her lips, contemplating.

"Your idea is good too, Axcel," she added. "Bronze, copper, silver, gold.... But not too much gold. We should stay discreet."

She was surprised Axcel had said this; perhaps her earlier judgement had been a bit wrong. It was one of Lakisha's problems: she had a tendency to judge younger persons too quickly.
    However, the fact he had good ideas didn't excuse his earlier rudeness. Yet Lakisha felt more comfortable discussing things with him now.

"We shouldn't put too much gears around," she said, "but a fair deal nonetheless. Perhaps you Hephaestus kids could make up two or three statues made of gears and cables? Bicolored or tricolored: bronze with silver and copper with gold? Or any other combination you like. And include the pieces of cloth into the statues, like Axcel said. Velvet should suit it, but in my opinion, it would be better if we'd use silk. Anyway, make it the way you feel it, but make sure it has a Science-Fiction air. I'm confident you'll make it look good," she added with a smile.

She thought about it for another moment or two.

"Perhaps you could add gems in it, you know, tiny little gems. Amethysts, for example, could suit silver very good, and so could amber (even though it's not a gemstone). Emeralds or tanzanites for copper. As for gold.... I can imagine moonstones. They have this gleam around them that makes them look a bit unreal. If we handle it good, we could make them look futuristic, and it could be a bonus for the decoration. What do you think?"

Lakisha had other ideas in mind, but decided to wait a bit before wording them. She was particularly thinking about Ross and her, and perhaps even Axcel drawing sceneries (she was more handy on the computer, therefore she thought it might actually look good if Ross drew something and she worked on it with the computer). Then, they could put it on a wall and with some trick of the Mist, make it look like an open, frame-less window to the outside.

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 1:58 pm

Ooc: okay how much is suzy going to commit to the entertainment team, because shes working with games as well.
    Gravity
    Gravity

Male
    Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2013-01-08

Post by Gravity 5/13/2013, 7:18 pm

"Can the people who are working on the entertainment for the prom meet somewhere other than here?" Suzy asked. It would be a bad idea for all the groups to be in a single place. That's how people get lost and how ideas messed up horribly. Though, being in the same room as Axcel couldn't be fully a bad idea. Then she left to find a quieter place to plan
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/13/2013, 8:56 pm

" Thats an amazing idea Lakisha, no wonder why you are the leader of your cabin. " I say with a smile. " I have some gears hear and we could possible get started somethime soon. Do guys know anywere we could get moonstones or amber, or amythust? " I ask putting the bag of gears on the table.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/13/2013, 9:20 pm

I look up at everyone and smile agian. " This is going to be awesome. The question now is how to get the gears to keep ticking around the statue without and engine or somthing making any noise exept for the ticking. Maybe we can power it by using the gears to tick on thier own. Possibly, if we have enough time, we can get I say about 2 statues done in the amount of time that we have. "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 1:35 am

Lakisha thought about Axcel's first idea.

"Sheets of metal are good but they have to be different size to create an effect of asymmetry. This way it really looks futuristic. As for the automates..... I'm not sure. They can be unreliable. But if the Hephaestus kids manage it well," she said, glancing at Ross and Ember,"why not have two or three? Not too many, otherwise it's gonna be a bit annoying."

Then Ember asked about gemstones and Axcel said he could find some. To that, she shook her head.

"Don't you guys worry about that. I'll take care of finding as much gems as we need."

She didn't say how, and she didn't want to word it. Fact was, Lakisha was extremely rich. First, because her father was very wealthy, and second, because she had her own job that was very, very well paid. She could afford as much gemstones as she liked. Besides, amethyst, amber and moonstone chunks were not that costly. Neither were emeralds or tanzanites. It was en easy job.
    She turned to Ember.

"I don't know if making statues move is a good idea. I mean, of course there are gears, but I think it'd look better if they're not moving. That's a bit the point of a statue, in fact," she smiled. "Otherwise it would be an automate. However..."

Lakisha contemplated on that.

"Why shouldn't we have a set of big clocks and gears on the ground? In the middle of the hall where the prom is taking place. Or at the corners or at the walls. They could turn and tick as much as they like, but not too often. Ticking can get nerving and besides, we're supposed to dance."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/14/2013, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 2:02 am

"Thank you," she said once he was back. "I was contemplating too about having the bar set with gears, cables and light bulbs. The angles of it should be made smooth to add a futuristic effect. Yes, they should be made smooth an partly coated with metal and set with transparent glass."

She stopped for a few seconds, looking at them.

"I was thinking too that we could have covered alleys made of a combination of metal and colored glass. My point is, we shouldn't have too much metal, because if we only focus on the mechanics part and forget the Victorian Age part, it's not Steampunk anymore. Get what I mean?"

Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 5/14/2013, 11:00 am

OCC:I think games is one anyone can work in , because everyone comes up with ideas

BIC: Bella stopped fiddling with her hands and paused momentarily.
    She decided to go and help her group she paused and messed with her hair.
    Bella turned to her group and walked over to them.

OCCC:In other words she left this topic to food
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 4:09 pm

Lakisha nodded.

"Chandeliers is a good idea. With one or two little gears. And dress code is already established, you have to come with steampunk clothes, that's kind of the point of having a party theme."

She suddenly clicked her fingers.

"I have an idea! Guys," she said, turning to the Hephaestus kids,"remember the statues I told you about? All made of gears and cables. What if you make a sculpture like this, and I coat it in thick ice in shape of a woman or a man? I know it sounds complicated, but I'll draw it."

She took out her notebook and picked up one of the pencils that were lying on the table. First, she draw an assemblage of mechanics: metallic gears and cables. Then, around it, she drew the picture, in light but quick lines, of a woman dressed in an elaborate Victorian dress. There was nothing Steampunk about the clothing in itself and the statue wouldn't have looked steampunk-like if there hadn't been the gears inside it.
    Lakisha realized this could be a big source of imagination for decoration, and she worded that thought.

"We could not only make people, but animals too. In my opinion, we should have one or two big statues like this (I'm thinking about a chariot pulled by horses, like the Walkyries's chariot, in the middle of the hall), and several smaller statues. We can be really inventive and do what we like. What do you think?"

~~~

Lakisha's notebook:
    --> Gears of different metals: gold, silver, bronze copper.
    --> Gemstones: amethysts, moonstones, amber (not a gemstone but eh), emeralds/jades, tanzanites.
    --> Statues
    --> Sheets of metal.
    --> Bar (gears+wood+metal+glass)
    --> Covered alleys (metal+colored glass)
    --> Chandeliers.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/14/2013, 4:37 pm

" i like the idea. I can light the chandeliers like snap. And the Hephestus cabin can provide gears, and metal. This wil be totally, AWESOME! " I say. I run back to my cabin and get metal, wood, and some gears. I come back in and put the stuff on the table.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 5/14/2013, 4:42 pm

Ross stayed in his seat, not really talking. He didn't have any ideas, to be honest. That drawing was just a quick sketch, and there was more to be done. He continued to stare at his hands, trying to come up with a fresh, new idea. Nothing came to him, and frustration struck him. He wasn't really good with these things, which is weird, considering he signed himself up for this. He was debating whether or not to just quit or get kicked out purposely.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 5:02 pm

Lakisha smiled and watched Ember run off and back in, her arms full of gears and cables.

"Okay, I leave every pyrotechnical effect like lighting chandeliers to you Hephaestus kids," she said, not mentioning her pyrophobia. "Just remember," she warned them, "don't take all supplies of gears and cables away; your fellow cabin mates won't like it, I can tell. If we run out of what we have now, I can provide us with some. It's 'mortal' metal (not celestial bronze or stygian iron, I mean), so I can get my hands on that."

She stopped.

"Now, I have other ideas. Sceneries."

The young woman turned to Ross, who was sitting motionlessly in his seat.

"That's a job for the two of us," she said and explained her thoughts: him making sketches she would work upon with the computer, put the finished designs on the wall and, with a trick of the Mist, make it look like a window to the outside.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 5/14/2013, 5:15 pm

Ross listened to her idea intently. It was brilliant. He nodded a couple of times, already beginning to sketch some designs. He worked frantically and hard, his drawings skills not being absolutely amazing. He put some details and other stuff on it, making it look really good and cool. It wasn't finished yet, but most of the major work was pretty much done. Now it was time to get out his drawing pencil and add some major detail. He looked up at Lakisha for approval before going forward with his pencil.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 5:52 pm

Lakisha had been watching him intensely. The designs suited her: there was a man on the roof of a great building, turning his back to the viewer, looking out on an incredible city. Then, there was an image of a very futuristic airship rising in the air. There were several more views of complicated, steampunk-like cities where the modern, gear-set mechanics met the Victorian architecture in futuristic yet old palaces and houses. Lakisha liked those: they showed the time opposition steampunk expressed.
    Ross looked up at her, and she nodded.

"Go on," she say. "Make as much drawings as you want. We won't take it all, maximum eight or nine, but it would be good if we have a wide range of choosing."

She patted his shoulder.

"You have your job now, continue with what you're doing."

Lakisha turned her pale face to Ember and Axcel.

"Ember, can you take some of your cabin mates and make up the statues I told you about? You can start on it alone, but it's tough work. Or we can just draw the designs for the time being. Axcel, do you have any suggestion? Anything you want to do?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/18/2024, 9:45 pm