A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

The Courtyard

The Courtyard - Page 2 Empty Re: The Courtyard

Post by Guest 8/15/2013, 10:08 am

Aisling's face lights up and she reaches over and hugs him quickly. After letting go, she looks at him and smiles.

"Thanks. You're the only person to ever say something like that," she tells him, her smile still wide on her face.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/20/2013, 5:13 pm

Oliver was a little surprised the hug, left almost completely speechless. "Uh....Why are you thanking me? There's no need for that." He says, a little smile on his face.

Post by Guest 8/21/2013, 2:22 pm

"What do you mean? You're the only person to have ever even considered being my friend. It just really surprises me and makes me happy. I can't describe the feeling. It's like when you go on a rollercoaster. You start at the top feeling like you're going to puke, but then as you fly downwards, you vomit but feel much better and enjoy the rest of the ride. Wait, is that an odd analogy?"

Aisling puts her thumb on her chin, contemplating whether or not she should've thought that out better. Oh well, it was out in the world now.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/25/2013, 4:41 pm

"Well it depends on how you define odd, really." He tells her. Odd was just something that people used to define something unknown, odd was something that was good. "I like the analogy, it fits the situation." Was that the right thing to say? Oliver mentally facepalms as what he just said, as he realizes it sounds so stupid.

Post by Guest 8/28/2013, 4:40 pm

Aisling laughs as Oli speaks, sounding even worse than she did. She kicks her feet back and forth, for she was short enough that they didn't touch the ground. She enjoyed being short for the most part. The only reason she wished she could be taller was when she needed to open up cabinets in the infirmary, which she learned from experience that she couldn't go there by herself or with someone her height. The girl turns her face to look at Oli.

"This might be a bit depressing and you don't have to answer this, but what was your past like?"
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/29/2013, 11:24 pm

Well that was a bit unexpected. Nothing was really ever unexpected for him, but this was. "My past? It's kind of a long story. For one, it was bad. My mother stayed until I was 3 months old before leaving. Her and my dad were in love. He would tell stories of her, being so smart and great. He did that until he died, when I was 6. Afterwards I was passed like a ball from family member to family member. That happened till I was 12, then my best friend tried to kill me, a goat man rescued me, and took me here. I trained here, and eventually fought in the war a couple years back. That's all, nothing special. What about you? What's your past like?"" He asks.

Post by Guest 8/30/2013, 12:49 pm

"Uh, I don't really remember it, but I know what happened. It is hard to describe. It is as if there is a thick layer of fog over those memories. I do know that my step-dad was abusive towards me. One day I stood up to him and ended up running away. He chased me and and I think he shot me with his gun in the arm or something? I don't remember. Sorry, I shouldn't have asked a question to you that I can't actually answer myself."

Aisling stops swinging her legs and brings them up underneath her, so she was sitting cross-legged. The girls lets out a sigh and somewhat waits for Oli to be pissed at her for not being able to remember her past.

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/30/2013, 5:00 pm

"Don't sweat it. And wow...Getting shot by your step dad is pretty bad. Anyway, lets change the topic! This is kind of depressing for the both of us... Hehe." He awkwardly says. Awkward, was one thin he was not, but for once, he was. But he was right, this sort of bummed him out, and it probably bummed Aisling.

Post by Guest 8/30/2013, 8:34 pm

"Well then, what do you like to do, Oli?"

Aisling's words come out calm and steady. She wasn't really affected by her past. Hell, she barely even knew of her past. She didn't even know why. Maybe she got hit on the head or something? The girl nods her head slowly for a second then looks out to the cabins. All of them were so amazingly and uniquely detailed, it was amazing. But out of all of them, Aisling had to reside in the worst looking one. It was made out of some black material and not very well-built at all. Most of all, it was not welcoming, especially to her. Now that, that was something that bummed out Aisling.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/2/2013, 9:26 pm

"What do I like to do? Well, I like to read, study, and pick apart people. But you're the one person I have had trouble with. I can't quite put my finger on you." He admits. Usually, he could guess who a person was by the clothes they wore and the color of their socks, but she was a bit different. Probably because she actually stuck around instead of saying "screw off" and leaving him.

Post by Guest 9/3/2013, 10:36 am

"I'll take that as a compliment . . . I guess?

Aisling's words mirrored the confused look on her face as Oli finished answering her. What did he mean by "pick apart"? Was he one of those people who enjoyed making fun of people for the littlest things then? The demigod finds herself staring at him with her black eyes, which lacked their usual sparkle and energy.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/5/2013, 7:21 pm

"Quite right too. You're the one person I don't understand. The one I can't figure out." He says. Something seemed off about her when he said that. She didnt seem as cheery. Like she was trying to figure him out. Maybe he'd said something wrong, or maybe she was finally realizing how weird he truely was. Oh well, it's not like this hasn't happened before.

Post by Guest 9/10/2013, 10:43 am

"Uh, what do you mean by understand? Like, judging a book by its cover? Because if that's the case, my book has a lot of covers." Aisling's voice was cool, as if she was used to saying something degrading about herself like how she just did. Well, she sort of was, but she didn't exactly enjoy doing it. The demigod shuffles so she is holding her knees to her chest. Gods, why did they have to get on such an odd topic?
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/11/2013, 12:02 am

"Not so much judging a book by its cover..." He began. Well, he was about to start explaining what he did. "I deduce. I can tell where a person has been by their shoes. I can tell someone their life story by the condition of their hair and contents of their pockets, but with you, I can't tell anything. It's somewhat bothering me, not knowing anything, feeling clueless...But I don't mind it, atleast not with you." He explains.

Post by Guest 9/11/2013, 12:12 pm

Aisling finds herself to be smiling again for no reason. The demigod suddenly straightens herself up, her feet barely touching the ground. Her neck cranes over to look up to Oli as she begins to speak.

"How did you learn how to do that? What can my shoes tells you? What about my hair? Or my pockets? I have uh, some lint, a paper clip, and two drachmas! What can you deduce from that?"

Her voice had taken a energetic turn to it as she pelts Oli with questions.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/11/2013, 10:57 pm

"Well the conditions of your shoes can tell me that you've worn them for quite some time, and been around the camp, depending on the dirt that is on our shoes. But that's just a guess. I suppose you could have worn them outside of camp, but from the way they look, and the color of the dirt, it means you've been here for quite some time, not a newbie to camp. I'd guess...maybe 2-3 years. The paperclip! It means you either found it, or you were handling documents. Possibly in your cabin, but most likely somewhere important. The Big House, or the Library. Probably the Library, because its quiet, quiescence means solitude, and you seem the type to be alone, but not by choice of course. And you probably earned said drachma from helping out with the documents mentioned afore. Am I right?" He asks, a smug little grin on his face. Deducing was the one thing he was good at. Not fighting, not powers, but using his brain. Athena would be proud...Maybe.

Post by Guest 9/12/2013, 3:36 pm

Aisling looks at the smug grin on Oli's face and matches it with one of her own. She stares deeply into his eyes, listening to him speak. Goddess, he was right. How did he--oh yeah, Athena. Oli was most likely gifted in the areas of thought, not powers. That was cool; to meet someone different for a change. Someone who didn't take pride in bulging muscles or water powers.

"Well Oli, you did it. You guessed right. I got a few drachmas from helping out some nerdy guy in the library the other day. I like to spend my time there, as you noted. I like to be in quiet places, that and the library is one place my siblings never go."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/12/2013, 4:13 pm

He was relieved. Oliver thought he'd lost his touch, but this confirmed he didn't. "Try to guess something about me." He suggested. "It could be fun." He tells her, the grin still upon his face. There was no way she could. But then again, impossible things are usually the most wonderful in his eyes. "Anything, anything at all." He tells her.

Post by Guest 9/13/2013, 7:55 pm

Aisling looks at Oli up and down, taking him all in. She wasn't going to be able to do this. She was not good at guessing things, especially things about people. The demigod finally makes her eyes meet his.

"Uh, can I pass?" Aisling asks him, her voice sounding somewhat pleading.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/17/2013, 6:53 pm

"Oh come on, guess anything. Base it on what you see and know about me." He tries to help out. It then dawned on him that kids from other Gods would find this hard, but it couldn't be that difficult, could it? "Just try it, pleeeease?" He try pouts.

Post by Guest 9/17/2013, 8:13 pm

"Ugh, fine!" Aisling says with false sassiness as she raises her arms in the air as if she was pissed. She obviously wasn't though, for a smile crept up on the corners of her lips. She takes a good look at Oli before beginning to make her assumptions of Oli.

"Let's see... You like to read. You spend a lot of time studying things. You like to learn. I only know this because it is the Athena stereotype," Aisling guesses, laughing for a second as she says the last part.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 9/19/2013, 2:09 am

"And that stereotype is!..." He begins, a fake angered tone to his voice. "...Is completely true for me." He says defeated. "Not bad, Aisling, not bad at all." He tells her, a smile on his face. Not just an "oh hey, you didnt screw up" pitiful smile, but a genuine one. He was actually having fun for once, fun by normal people and other demigod standards, not Athenian standards. Fun for them was just reading and studying.

Post by Guest 9/21/2013, 7:29 pm

"Oh my goddess I'm so dead!" Aisling exclaims as she looks down at the purple watch on her wrist. "Oli I'm so sorry I have to go! I can't leave...them...waiting! I'll catch you around." The girl had fear in her voice as she quickly stands up and runs off to her cabin. Goddess, she was done for. She was five minutes late. Five whole minutes!

ooc; sorry ):

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 3:16 am