A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Where Does the Magic Start?

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Where Does the Magic Start? Empty Where Does the Magic Start?

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2013, 12:03 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_mq6pvncJgv1sytjrwo1_500

Darren walked into the woods, a bit shocked with the fact that he had never been here before. He pulled his deck of cards out of his pocket and began to shuffle them as he walked around. Darren was trying to master his a new card flip, and it was really pretty tough. It had been a long time since Darren had struggled with magic tricks.

Darren had been roaming around for a while when he happened upon a creek. He'd done the card trick right a few times in a row now and was pretty proud of himself. He sat down on a rock and began to throw cards at a tree, where they, of course, stuck. He smiled to himself, and kept going.

ooc: Sorry that was pretty bad. First posts :/

Where Does the Magic Start? Empty Re: Where Does the Magic Start?

Post by Guest 8/13/2013, 5:30 pm

An arm draped off a tree branch that hung about teen feet above the floor. Connected to that arm was a body, a girl's body, Blake's body. The girl was lounging in the tree, the sun's brilliant rays dancing on her pale skin. Rest was something the girl planned on achieving while she sat there and she accomplished it, well, until she hears footsteps. The demigod turns her head and surveys the area, noticing a boy, throwing cards at a tree. Curious as to how he was making them stick in the thick wood, Blake quietly slips out of the tree. As she is descending, her left foot slips and she tumbles down a few feet before landing in the chilly water of the Zephyros Creek with a splash. The girl lays there for a second, her body registering a slight pain. It wasn't anything had though, just a few bruises and the wind knocked out of her. Taking in deep breaths, Blake moves to the shore, where she crouches and looks around for where the boy was, still wanting to get a closer look.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/14/2013, 10:32 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_m3nl0ksXFY1r2s9avo1_500

Darren jumped when he heard something hit the water. He dropped the card he was holding and turned to see what on Earth could have made the noise. He expected to see a wounded animal or something but when he looked at where the water was waving from, a girl was sitting there. Oddly enough, she was looking at him, too. She looked like she really could be hurt. Darren went over to the tree where his cards were stuck and pulled them out. He put them in the deck and slipped them in his pocket, quickly. He jogged over to where the girl had ended up on the shore of the creek. He crouched down a few feet in front of her. "Hey, are you okay?" She looked okay, definitely not too bad.

Post by Guest 8/15/2013, 8:48 am

Blake slightly jumped when she heard a voice behind her. It was the guy. Wasn't he just in front if me? Blake had probably been daydreaming and didn't notice him move. She look up to him and blinks hard.

"H...How do you d...d...do that? With the c...cards?"the demigod asks, skipping over his question completely. Blake felt fine for the most part. Nothing major enough to drag her down. That would take quite the hefty wound though. Blake wasn't one to submit to pain or other people. Not at all. The girl had to always be the best she could and not make herself to be a coward. She spent all those years with her parents, so she learned sort of how not to be a coward though. The pain made that go away after the first week or so of the daily "chats" so she would keep her mouth closed.

The petite demigod was now soaked, and the cold morning August air added quite a chill factor for her.  Little bumps decorated her arms and probably her legs, which were covered with a pair of dark denim skinny jeans. Her shirt clung to her under her now sponge-like hoodie, which hung off of her. The girl was a mess in her mind, even if she was just a "little" wet. She tries to fake a smile towards the boy to show that she was still happy, which if course, she was not.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/15/2013, 1:47 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_m8t1k9tFV31rv8fmi

Darren looked at her, a bit confused. "What? You mean this?" Darren pulled a card out of his pocket and through it over his shoulder. Obviously, it stuck in the narrow tree directly behind him. Darren was honestly confused with why she could possibly care more about his trick then the fact that she just fell out of a tree, but he decided to go with it. He smiled at her. "Obviously, it's magic!" Darren slipped the clear hook out of his coat and whipped it to the card, and acknowledged there was no way the girl could notice that the hook and string were there. He tugged lightly on the string and the card came flying back into his hand. Darren showed it to her and smiled. He stood up and offered her his hand to help her up out of the water.

Post by Guest 8/15/2013, 6:06 pm

Blake finds herself letting out a small laugh as the boy performs yet another trick. She slowly reaches up to the boy and grabs his hand, allowing him to pull her body up. The demigod looks up to him and inspects him.

"Let me guess, a son of some wind god?" the small girl asks him, her eyes showing the twinkle of knowing the answer to a question: "How could he do that?" But Blake was wrong. She didn't know that though. She thought that the boy had simply used his powers to make the card swirl and twist back towards him. Blake nods at him instead of saying thanks, she didn't want to appear to be fragile or cold or something like that. She was independent. She was shivering though, and when she lets go of the boy's hand, she silently hopes that he didn't notice. She didn't want anyone fretting over her. She could handle herself. It did feel good to be out of the rushing water, but she was still soaked. She just had to fall, didn't she? Gods she was so clumsy! The girl reprimands herself mentally for a second, but then remembers that the guy was still there, probably wondering why she was muttering curses towards herself.

"And thanks," she adds, wanting the conversation not to go near to anything personal to her.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/15/2013, 10:51 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_mbqzxs2MST1qkdght

Darren laughed a little at the wind god comment. That meant his trick really had worked. He shook his head. "You're welcome, and no. Hecate. And New York's number one teen magician." Darren offered her a hand to shake. "Darren Taylor." Until then he hadn't realized how cold she looked until then. It was kind of a chilly morning, on top of the fact that the creek was always cold. Darren took off his hoodie and offered it to her. He hesitated for a second, wondering if he would take it in a creepy way. It was too late anyway, so tried to act confident. Casually, he slipped a card into the pocket, trying to set up a trick without her noticing. Darren smiled at her.

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 7:42 am

Blake forces a smile on her face and reaches her arm out to shake his hand.

"Lyssa Lyle" the girl says, her body starting to be one accustomed to the cold. She didn't tell the boy her real name; she hated it. It was too masculine for her taste. People would probably make fun of her if they knew her true name. When the boy hands her his hoodie, Blake cautiously takes it from him. She takes off her soaked one and replaced it with his. The difference between the two articles of clothing was that one fit her, the other hung down almost past her knees. It was a "bit" big, but Blake wasn't to complain. She was already warm, and could tell her shirt was starting to dry already. Maybe it was a good idea that she wore her Arsenal football shirt. It was one of those quick-dry shirts and she was very glad for that. Blake suddenly finds herself actually smiling.

"T...Thanks," she says quietly, trying to keep her voice steady among her shivering.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 2:16 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_me9ra1N3MG1rlqgt6o1_500

Darren looked down at her. He wasn't particularly tall, but the hoodie was still long on her. He looked back up at her face. "You really don't look like a Lyssa." Darren always thought that he didn't look like a Darren. His full name was Darren Jack Taylor. He did think it was cool that he had three first names, but he liked Jack more than he liked Darren. He tried to get everyone to call him Jack in third grade, but it didn't stick. You should have tried again when you came to camp, idiot. Darren shook his head. It wouldn't have worked anyway. Darren focused back in on the girl. He still felt bad that she looked so cold.

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 2:33 pm

That's because I'm not.

"Well, I am a L...lyssa." Blake replies, her cold stutter not as prominent as before. She liked to be called by her middle name rather than her first. Even her mother and step-father called her that the few times they were sober. Other than that, she was addressed by words that aren't the best to say. Some words Blake still didn't know what they meant, but preferred not to find out. She shakes her head for a second then turns her attention back to the boy.

"So n...number one m...magician, huh?" the demigods asks with a slight frown on her face.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 2:58 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_m560drWh1g1r9jumao1_500

Darren shrugged. "Well, that's what the papers always say. That and that I'm accused of multiple pick-pockets, but, hey, they could never prove anything." Darren said with a cocky smile, then added, "That's why I like to go by Jack around here. Too many New York natives running around here to risk anything." Darren smiled. There you go, Taylor. Darren pulled out his deck of cards. "Wanna see a magic trick?"

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 3:12 pm

Blake gives Darren a skeptical look as he tells her about his 'feats'. The demigod starts walking slowly, in hopes to dry herself off some more. It felt like she was wearing a dress, with the hoodie hanging down almost to her knees. She wasn't going to complain about it though. Her sweatshirt now hung on a tree branch that was blessed with a beam of sunlight. Hopefully it would dry soon. Knowing her luck though, it would take days without a dryer. Blake finds herself watching Darren as he grabs a deck of cards and asks her if she wants to see another card trick.

"Yes! I mean, uh, sure," Blake says a bit too enthusiastically.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 4:53 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_mjj6d7VUrI1rkkvwvo1_500

Darren, I mean, Jack, was excited now. The girl seemed especially into magic tricks. "Okay, I'm going to flip through these cards and I want you to pick one out." Darren flipped through the deck, staying a split second longer on the Jack of Spades, making sure it stuck in her head. "Sorry that was too fast. I'll slow it down." The son of Hecate did the same thing, making sure the Jack of Spades stuck in her mind. "Okay. Do you have your card in mind?"

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 5:21 pm

Blake's amber colored eyes watch closely as Darren flips through the cards. Her mind finally settled on a card: The Jack of Spades. She looks up to Darren, er . . . Jack, and gives him a smile that showed her confidence. Blake was pretty darn sure the boy would not be able to figure out what she had. All those cards and he thinks he can tell me what I have? Yeah right.

"Jack of Spades," Blake tells him as she clambers over a fallen tree.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 5:26 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_mqk2q3YAwF1rzjryoo1_500

Darren looked down. "You weren't supposed to tell me. But it will all work anyway. Check the hoodie pocket." Darren smiled. She had taken the bait, and had said the right card. He knew he had put another Jack of Spades in the pocket of his hoodie just before he'd given it to her. And that wasn't all, there was more to the trick then that, but he had to wait for her to see the card and give it back to him. Darren waited.  

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 5:38 pm

"Sorry, I must have misheard you," Blake says, looking sad. Gods, why did she have to ruin everything? She was so stupid! But Darren said it was okay, so was it all okay? Or was he just lying? Blake's mind goes into overdrive until the boy says something again. Reaching into her pocket, she feels a card. She pulls it out and it was what she had guessed, Jack of Spades.

"Alright, I know I messed the trick up, but how did you do that?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 5:47 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Dave-Franco-dave-franco-19508073-500-231

Darren laughed and took the card. "That part is easy. Any basic magician could do it but, this is what makes me the best." Darren threw the card and it stuck in a tree. On the other end of that card, was now a long string with another Jack of Spades stuck to the end. So, when pulled, another Jack of Spades would come out. Darren smiled. "Go pull the card out of the tree." Darren crossed his arms and watched.  

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 8:43 pm

Blake looks up to Darren, then at the card embedded in the tree. She slowly walks over to it and gives the card a tug. She ends up with two cards in her hand. But he didn't throw two? The demigod looks at the cards and then to Darren, before erupting into a smile.

"You so got to teach me," she says, wanting to know how he did such a feat.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/16/2013, 10:53 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_mp0e27Muks1qhuv7eo1_500

Darren took the cards from her and slid them in his pocket. He smiled at her. "You know the rules, a magician can't tell their secrets." Darren turned around and walked across a fallen log, smiling an almost childish smiled. He threw his arms back dramatically. "I am the great Darren Jack Taylor! Magic do-er! All knowing! All seeing!" Darren said in a dramatic, loud voice. He got down and walked over to her.

Post by Guest 8/16/2013, 11:02 pm

Blake jumps onto the log and prepares her own self-title.

"I am Blake Lyssa Ly....eep! the girl covers her outstretched hands over her mouth. Dammit! She looks to Darren, who she was almost at eye level due to her standing on a log, with large amber eyes. What would his reaction be? Would he be angry because technically she had lied to him?

"I'l...I'll leave you alone now," the girl says, slowly getting off the log and walking back to where her sweatshirt hung off a now-limp tree branch. She had blew it. There was no doubt about it that he would be angry at her for lying. The demigod takes off the boy's hoodie and puts it next to her own one, which was still sopping wet. Not even grabbing hers, she starts to walk down the creek side and after going a ways, sits down, her head hung and her knees up to her chest. Gods, why was she such a stupid liar?
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/17/2013, 7:04 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_m5kxupUbzj1qdilg6o1_500

Darren laughed. "I knew it! I knew your name was something besides Lyssa." Darren didn't expect the reaction the girl had, though. "I'll leave you alone." That was one of the last things that Darren expected. Did she think he's be upset that she hadn't been honest? About her name? She had a right to be called whatever she wanted. "No, don't go. To be honest, no one here calls me Jack. It's just something new I'm trying. So, I haven't been completely honest either." Darren didn't really want to draw the attention to him. He changed it. "Your name, it's actually really pretty." Darren pointed to his hoodie. "You can keep that on, even if you do leave."

Post by Guest 8/17/2013, 7:26 pm

Blake looks up to Darren, her face an expression of sorrow.

"No one likes a liar. I learned that the hard way," she tells him, now staring at her reflection in the water. She felt so bad for doing something so petty. She didn't know why it was bothering so much that she lied, but it just did.

"I just, I hate that name. It's just so manly! That's why I go by my middle name to people I know, but somehow, everyone figures out some way or another. I'm sorry for lying to you. There was no need to do so and I see that now. I guess I'm not the only person who lies." The last part, a smile forms on her face, but she quickly conceals it with a frown.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/17/2013, 7:40 pm

]

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_matnh4BXTb1r0orgpo1_500

Darren smiled at her. "It's okay. Smile. I'll call you Lyssa, and you'll call me Jack and as long as we both believe it is true, neither of us will be lying." Darren- let's go with Jack- walked over to the tree where his hoodie was draped, and took it off the branch. He carried to to where Lyssa was, and draped it lightly on her shoulders. Jack smiled at her. "You still look really cold, Lyssa."

Post by Guest 8/17/2013, 8:25 pm

Blake finds herself following what Dar--Jack told her to do. She smiles. The petite demigod takes the hoodie in her hands and pulls it over her head and puts her arms into it. Once that feat was accomplished, she stands up so she is facing Jack.

"Funny, we both think that our middle names sound better, and we both like eachother's first name better," she says, her eyes lighting up with their usual excitement and energy.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/20/2013, 2:16 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? Tumblr_molxklg84l1s28sxlo1_500

Jack looked at her, acting confused. "I don't know what you're talking about. Your first name is Lyssa, and mine is Jack. What 'first names' are you talking about?" Darren said, putting air quotes around the first names part. Jack took out his deck of cards and began to shuffle them subconsciously, flipping them around his hands in seemingly impossible ways. The best part was, Jack knew what card was on top at all times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 5:37 am