A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Where Does the Magic Start?

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where Does the Magic Start?

Post by Guest 8/20/2013, 2:21 pm

Blake looks up to Jack and smiles.

"You're right. Maybe I'm going insane," she tells him, watching his hands flip through cards with what could only be expertise. Blake quickly reaches out and grabs a card. Four of Diamonds.

"Alright, what card do I hold in my hand?" the demigod asks him, a smirk how adorning her face.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/20/2013, 2:38 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mnl54ouzWW1s28sxlo1_500

Jack smiled at her. There was no way she could know that he knew which card she was holding. Jack crossed his arms and looked at her confidently. "The Four of Diamonds." This is why you are the best teen magician, Taylor. Jack felt a little bit too proud of himself, but he thought that he had really impressed her this time.

Post by Guest 8/20/2013, 4:06 pm

Blake's face lights up as she holds her card out face up. Four of Diamonds. She stares into his eyes with her own unique amber ones and starts talking.

"Oh man. Dude, you totally have to teach me about this stuff. Here, I'll take three random cards. Will you be able to guess them?" With that, the girl grabs three cards out of different places on the stack and looks at them, making sure Jack can't see them. A King of Hearts, Ace of Clubs, and a Ten of Diamonds. No way would be be able to figure this out.

Last edited by Supremacy on 8/20/2013, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/20/2013, 4:13 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mqw5y3mUVZ1rzjryoo1_500

Jack's smile faltered a little bit. He only knew two of them for certain. Jack was pretty sure he could tell anyone the order of the cards in the deck, but he only caught where two of them came from. One was three cards above the middle, and the other was two cards from the bottom. The other was somewhere towards the top, but he wasn't certain. Jack tilted his head a little. "Ace of Clubs, Ten of Diamonds, and...." It's either the King of Hearts, of the Seven of Spades. Jack flipped quickly through the deck (quickly enough where no one but him could pick up what cards they saw) and glanced down quickly at them. He saw the Seven of Spades. Jack smiled. "And the King of Hearts."
    ooc: There are four cards. I just picked three of them to go with.

Post by Guest 8/20/2013, 5:06 pm

"Hey!" Blake exclaims, "You looked at your cards! That's cheating!" The girl wasn't exactly trying to be serious, but that was how it seemed to come out. Oops. To show that she was just joking, the demigod laughs a little and beams up a smile to Jack. Had she finally done it? Had Blake finally made a friend? For all of her childhood she didn't have any friends. To every other kid she was the girl who was beaten by her parents and they would probably get hurt as well if they hung out with her. Her parents weren't here at camp though, so no one, leave Chiron, didn't know of her past. Her no one knew. They were all oblivious to what she had been through. They didn't care about her parents. They weren't probably afraid if them either. Suddenly, Blake finds herself hugging Jack, her head buried in his chest.

"Thanks," is all she says. That was all she wanted to say.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/20/2013, 5:25 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_me97buCLcC1rm085zo1_500

Jack was trying to defend the fact that he had honestly known two of the cards, when suddenly he was being hugged. Jack was honestly confused when Lyssa was hugging him, but that passed quickly. Jack hugged her back. "Thanks." Jack had no clue what she was talking about, but he said, "You're welcome... buy why?"

Post by Guest 8/20/2013, 7:57 pm

"You're the only one who has ever even acted kind towards me. Every kid abstained from being near me because of . . . my parents. They were scared of them, as was I. Here no one knows my parents and I can actually be who I am. Thanks for being the first and most likely the only person to ever be nice to me. You don't know . . . you don't know how much it means to me."

The girl, upon thinking of her past, was brought to the edge if tears. She tries her best to keep them in though. The demigod needed to stay strong. She didn't want to loose a friend by being too dramatic and other things of the sorts. She lets herself go of Jack and looks up to him.

"You have no idea how grateful I feel," she tells him, now looking towards the creek.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/21/2013, 2:41 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mpt7zbArTL1s1kmplo4_500

Jack tilted his head to the side. "I have seen plenty of people and heard plenty of stories." Jack was trying to think of the right way to get his point across. He was trying to compliment her, but he kind of just kept stumbling over "And what I've learned over time is that people are only afraid of the real pretty ones." Jack realized that that may not have got the intended message across. Jack looked down. "I was trying to call you pretty."

Post by Guest 8/21/2013, 3:29 pm

Blake was about to ask the boy what she meant when he told her that he thought she was pretty. The girl turns away from him and looks down to her hand. Me? Pretty? What type of drug is this guy on? My childhood ruined every ounce of beauty in me. Slowly, the girl sits down, her feet crossed underneath her. She was facing the creek, watching as the water slowly cascaded over rocks and twigs and leaves that were unfortunate enough to loose grip of what they used to call home smoothly sail their way over the water and to unknown destinations. The demigod pats the ground next to her, gesturing for Jack to sit without her saying a word.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/21/2013, 3:45 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Dave-Franco-dave-franco-20142481-500-195

Jack sat down next to Lyssa and smiled slightly, then stopped. "I'm sorry for anything wrong I said, it was really meant to be a compliment." And it really was. Jack did think that Lyssa was pretty. Exceptionally pretty. Jack had seen hundreds of pretty girls in New York. They say the prettiest (and the dumbest) girls go to New York, and he had flirted with his fair share of them. But they all knew they were pretty, and flaunted it. Lyssa was a different kind of pretty. No one but the Aphrodite kids were at there best at camp, but still. Jack smiled.  

Post by Guest 8/21/2013, 5:00 pm

Blake reaches into the shallow water and picks up a small round stone. She turns it around in her hands a few times before dropping it back into it the creek. She doesn't look at Jack, but instead appeared to be staring at the creek bed.

"No, you didn't say anything wrong. In fact, I almost blushed," the girls begins to speak, keeping her voice steady and calm. She slowly starts to roll up the sleeve of Jack's sweatshirt, which still adorned and warned her frigid body. She stops once the sleeve is at bunched up at her shoulder. "Look," she says, pointing to her arm with her left hand. Scars, big and small were scattered all around her pale skin. "none of these are from me. I never saw the need for self-harm. I left that to my parents. As a kid I thought it was normal for kids to get beat by their drunken parents. Apparently it wasn't though. Kids were scared of me. They saw me as I walked; they saw these scars that are placed on my arms. Not only there though. They cover my back, stomach and upper legs. I never objected to it. I thought I was doing the right thing by taking the abuse without a word to anyone else. I was wrong though. But now, here at camp. No one knows who I am. They don't know about these scars. Some of them say I'm pretty, but I know that if they knew what I looked like underneath my clothing, they would desert me in a moments-notice. So I ask you: Are you going to so the same?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/21/2013, 9:37 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Franco

Jack looked at her meaningfully. Jack didn't get serious very often, so this is a rarity. "Who are the people who did that? Because I'll beat them up." Jack looked at her, seriously. He scouted over closer to him. "You wanna know what I see?" Jack set his hand on her arm, over the scars. He took his other hand and began to pull something out from under his hand, as if it was coming out of her arm. It was a rose. "Beauty in everything." Jack handed it to her.

Post by Guest 8/21/2013, 11:01 pm

Blake had already mentioned who had given her the scars, but she wasn't going to point out that she already said it. Instead, she braces her body to begin the task of speaking without quavering. Her past haunted her. It made her want to crawl into a dark corner and cry whenever it came around in her mind. It took an awful lot of willpower for her not to cry right here, right now. She held it in though. She fought her urges to just give up fighting against them. But that is why humans live, is it not? We live to fight. We live to fight and conquer. We, humans, live to succeed.

"Who did this to me? Two people did this. Two people very close to me. One brought me into this world, the other helped raise me," she tells Jack, shutting her eyelids tightly.

Then Jack started talking and Blake feels a hand on her bare arm, where the scars showed off years of pain. Blake blinks a few times, trying to correct her tearing up vision and looks at Jack's hand upon her pale skin. She watches as he speaks, then seemingly out of her skin, a rose. A single stem, blossoming into a dark crimson flower at the top. The demigod takes the rose in both of her hand and holds it upright on her lap. She looks down at it and grits her teeth. She tried, she really did. She didn't want to act like some over dramatic child who looked to be the center of attention. Blake tried to do the exact opposite for the most part. But this time, tears flowed. They dropped off of her cheeks and onto her still wet pant legs. Tears flowed freely. She didn't hold them back. She had no regrets.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/22/2013, 1:23 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mphvxcCcJt1s28sxlo1_400

Jack wrapped his arms around Lyssa. "You know what people say...." Jack said. He didn't know what people said. Jack just looked down. "I don't know, but something about you being even more perfect." Physical abuse was not something Jak had to encounter, not because he had perfect parents, but because he practically didn't have parents. Jack practically raised himself, with the help of the streets of NYC. Every once and a while, his dad would show up drunk after getting kicked out of his current girlfriends house. He would sleep on the couch, then be gone by 5 the next morning. Jack's grandparents paid all the bills on the house Jack was in, and stopped by twice a week, but they spent a lot of time in Nashville so they couldn't always be there. Jack liked it though, he liked being himself, not his parents carbon copy.

Post by Guest 8/22/2013, 6:28 pm

Blake's grip on the Ross stem tightens as she forces herself to stop crying. She couldn't break down. Well, she couldn't continue to break down. It felt nice to let it all out though. She detaches her left hand from the stem and wipes her eyes with the sleeve of Jack's baggy sweatshirt. She felt so safe at the moment. She felt as if Jack would protect her, he said so himself. The demigod takes Jack's hand off of her shoulder and stands up. Shuffling her feet, she walks over to her hoodie, which was now dry from sitting in the warm beams if the sun. Blake makes a quick exchange of clothing and felt immediately more comfortable wearing clothing of her own, which actually fit her. She wraps Jack's hand on her arm and returns to where he was sitting. The demigod sits back down next to him, throwing his hoodie onto his lap. She doesn't say anything. She was at a loss for words. She didn't want to make a fool of herself by stuttering it something also.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/23/2013, 1:10 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mbr1ya93Rx1qkdght

Jack looked down. He honestly didn't know what to say. Jack didn't really talk to people, especially people around his age. He had read an article on helping sometime. "Okay, so I have about zero idea how to help you. But, I have read stuff, so the three options we have is, one, you talk about your situation to me, two, I talk about my awful life to help you, or three, we just talk about something random, like silly little facts about ourselves." Jack didn't really know which was better for this situation, so he just suggested all three and let her pick.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 8/23/2013, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 8/23/2013, 1:33 pm

ooc; eek cough censor

Blake takes in a deep breath as to calm herself. She turns her head away from the creek and up at Jack. Her face was the epitome of sadness, but she tried her best to conceal it inside of her. She forces a weak smile his way and starts talking.

"Why don't we do all three?" she asks him, partially joking, but serious for the most part.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/23/2013, 2:44 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mjim2z1Vhf1s28sxlo1_500

Jack smiled. She seemed to have bought in to the stuff he'd just made up. "Where do you wanna start?" Jack didn't really knew hat was best to do. Jack took the jacket off his lap and set it next to him. He turned and sat cross-legged facing Lyssa.

Post by Guest 8/23/2013, 3:13 pm

"I would like to start with the fact that you have no idea what you are doing," Blake tells him, that same faux smile displayed on her face. She didn't plan on telling Jack anything. She thoughts were always tender in her mind, and if she brought them out again, she didn't know if she could even handle it. The girl turns her gaze to the creek again, not wanting to meet Jack's gaze.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/26/2013, 6:22 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_lgsa10d91l1qgcaczo1_500

Jack looked down and laughed. "You're right. I really don't. But hey, I'm a guy. When do we ever know?" Jack was really trying to make her smile. Jokes about guys usually did that. Jack went into his sleeve and pulled out a few balls. He flipped them around his hands, and began to juggle them some.

Post by Guest 8/26/2013, 7:44 pm

Blake looks oddly at Jack. Why would he make fun of himself to make her feel better?

"Why would you make fun of yourself?" she asks him, watching as he starts to juggle colored plastic balls.

"How do you conceal them without making it look like you have some skin disorder?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/26/2013, 10:10 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mq6pvncJgv1sytjrwo1_500

Jack laughed a little. "They're connected to strings and they get stored in a pouch on my side." Jack pointed to his side, where ther was a small bulge. "It is usually better concealed by my jacket, but it's still not awful looking." Jack pulled the strings out of two of the balls, setting the other one down. He stood up and began to swing them around by the strings.

Post by Guest 8/27/2013, 8:27 am

Blake listens as Jack explains to her how he concealed the balls. She felt slightly proud of herself because she got him to answer at least one of her questions. The petite demigod stands up and moves in front of Jack, watching him swing the balls on their strings.

"Wait, is that how you did the thing with the cards? Oh my goddess, and you knew what cards I had because one: I told you, and two: you have the stack memorized and when you quickly flipped through them you could tell which ones I had taken!" Blake was now beaming, slightly amazed at the fact that she was able to figure it all out.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/27/2013, 9:18 pm

Where Does the Magic Start? - Page 2 Tumblr_mq6pvncJgv1sytjrwo1_500

Jack laughed/ "Nice try, but no." She was kind of right, well, mostly right. He did have the deck memorized, but he just knew where the cards were located. He didn't need to flip through the deck to do it, usually. Also, with the trick where she told him the card, he had it planned out from the beginning. The goal was to make them believe that they were i control. They weren't.

Post by Guest 8/28/2013, 4:36 pm

Blake finds herself looking down at her shoes.

"Oh," is all the girl says, now looking back up to Jack. She lets out a puff of air out of her cheeks as she hugs herself lightly, hoping it would still help warm herself up some.

"So uh, can you tell me maybe?" the demigod asks him, trying her best to look as if she wasn't going to use the tricks on him, which she definitely would.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content