A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Remade Luna Loris -> Maybeth Brown

Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female
    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2012-03-29

Remade Luna Loris -> Maybeth Brown Empty Remade Luna Loris -> Maybeth Brown

Post by Maybeth 8/19/2013, 4:58 am

Name: Maybeth Lunar Karee Brown ( her grandma is called Lunar and her other grandma is called Karee) [ family argument]

Mortal Parent: Helen Brown

God Parent: Triton

Date of Birth: 30th of September 1999

Place of Birth: Jackson Heights, New York

Hometown/Last Residence: New York/ Camp Half-Blood

Race/ethnicity: Caucasian/ American

Accent: British

Skin Tone: pale smooth skin

Eye Color: green combined with light blue (sparkling green under the sun)

Hair Color: light brown (When she was born she had black hair but by the time that changed)

Hair Length: straight hair till her waist( when in ponytail-till her chest)

:Height 1,76m – 5,7

Weight: 47k – 104lbs

Body Type: She is thin, almost skinny from the waist up, and she has some fat from the waist down. She is tall and has a suitable type for sports. The weakness of her body is the fact that her skinny wrists and arms make disadvantage for her in combat battle. She is a great fighter though.

Appearance: She is tall and a little overweight-under her opinion. Several scars from her risky childhood decorate her body. She has a new scar on her arm since somebody tried to kill her into Camp. She has a delicate nose and beautifully green shaped eyes. She has big eyebrows and her head is nicely shaped. She has a large foot size for her age!

Weapon: She has a set of weapons that she bought from the armory in Camp. She has a small wooden blade knife, a c.b blue died bow and a quiver of c.b arrows (and several silver). She mostly uses her bow!

Armor: She has a pair of leather gloves, a pair of elbow pads a pair of wrist pads and a pair of knee pads.

Pet(s): A fat, beautiful and well treated, black cat. The cat’s name is Lucinda. It’s a weird cat, very understanding, and sometimes acts like a human.

Skills/Talents: She is excellent in archery and very agile. She is a good runner, and a natural talent in singing. She is also a good swimmer and master in logical games such as chess. She writes stories too!

Flaws: She is very hot-tempered. She can be jealous with boys! She was stubborn since she was a little kid and that’s what gets her in trouble most of time. She hates discipline and she always enjoys revenge!

Strengths: She is very sympathetic and easily makes friends. She is also compassionate and a good mentor.

Weaknesses:  What makes her truly vulnerable is losing those she loves and cares for. Anger makes her sensitive and she tends to take revenge from those who have hurt her.

Likes: She likes fresh air and enjoys the sounds of nature. She has more and more interests day by day. She loves writing stories, drawing, listening to her favorite songs. She is a bookworm and a normal person as well; which means any opportunity to surf the web is better than a book for her. She is also a science maniac. She is dreaming of her future job as a nuclear scientist or astrophysics teacher!

Dislikes: Generally she hates anything that has to do with veggies! She hates pink and the girls that follow Aphrodite’s cabin “rules”.

Fears: Almost everything…? Or not exactly…First, She is a bit afraid of absolute darkness. Second, she is afraid of insects. Third, she is afraid of heights and lastly, she is afraid of the mysterious unknown (though she likes it the same time).

Personality: Although this teenage girl always wants to follow her rules she shows respect to anyone older than her. She has odd interests but she is focused on what she’s doing. She wants to believe she looks fearless but in fact it’s obvious she fights hard not to scream in the sight of a tiny spider on her feet! She is risky and a lover of adventures as well as an acting talent, hoping one day she’ll star in a movie. Her fatal flaw is her anger- just like a fire boiling inside her – that can truly destroy everything in her life! She is a sensitive person by both meanings and her teenage makes her life difficult. She is shy with boys and usually nervous at a point she can’t even talk!

Powers: She has the power to control water( summoning 3 gallons of water for a distance of  2 miles)  Breathe underwater( a maximum of 5 hours)[very exhausting and risky, sometimes letting her unconscious] Healing powers. [only her-self/ (the worst is small stabs with a depth of 1 inch)]Sea creatures obey her ( ex: transporting her to far destinations) [larger fish: white shark] {up to four sea creatures}[ 2 small and 2 big] Helping friends breath underwater(maximum of 4 people for 25m depth and for 3 hours)Her most important power, is creating a water sword.Which means, controlling the water on a blade and making it sharp and acuurate.[This power is available for only once per week and only for 10 minutes]. She can handle all those powers{except her underwater breath (5hours)} for a specific amount of time:
    Water control-> 2 hours
    Healing-> 1 hour
    Sea creatures control-> 2 hours
    Totally, she can use her powers for 6 hours per day due to the fact that she gets very tired. [ She has to be well-rested and have a full stomach to use them in one continious go] {else, she has to have a break every 2 hours for 40 minutes} In case using her powers for 8-9 hours she is being unconscious for a day and up to 10 hours, she dies!

Social Status: She has friends but still she prefers to be lonely.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder

Years at Camp: About 1 year

Life before CHB:
      Maybeth as a kid had weird child hood. Her mother was called Helen Brown and her father was Rico Brown, or at least that’s what they told her. Her mother knew she had something special. She, and her father… but her parents didn’t agree with that. They had forbidden their daughter to tell he child the truth. They strongly believed it was a devil, related thing…the Camp, the gods…the monsters….And their…sweet granddaughter. A victim! They thought they would protect her by keeping her away from that but it wasn’t so simple. Maybeth faced the regular problems of a demigod and even more… When she was still a baby, a dracaena kidnapped her. Fortunately mortal’s police was quick and effective this time.
     At primary school, in an excursion at the Zoo, she saw a giant snake in the flamingo’s lake. The class moved on but she stood there astonished. When the snake rose she realized it wasn’t just one but 7 giant snakes. They were somehow united, as if tied in a knot but it wasn’t funny. The last thing she knew was one of them coming towards her with his large jaws wide open ready to make her a bite. Water splashed her and the guards run over to help. She woke up in a soft hospital bed. She was fine but she couldn’t forget that shocking moment that made shivers run through her spine. The doctors said she had a shock and police, after witness testimonies told her mother something about a python that had escaped his cage. Only she knew the truth that nobody else wanted to accept. And by the time, she forgot it too.
      Her grandparents-when she asked about her father- told her that he was a mean, useless man…a monster…a nothing! They said her parents were divorced and that he left when her mother was pregnant. Something broke inside Maybeth’s soul when she heard those words… She lived with her mother and grandparents at their wealthy cottage in Jackson Heights in N.Y as a kid, but one day -after a big argument between her mother and her parents- her mother decided to move in a small apartment nearby Long Island. Day after day, Maybeth watched her mother becoming a sad, lonely and closed in herself person she had never seen before. Helen became addicted to alcohol. She was fired from her job after a while because she was drank every day. She started leaving the house late at night and coming back late in the morning. Their economic situation wasn’t good as they owned to the bank. At Maybeth’s twelfth birthday an unexpected visitor came to their house. Maybeth was returning from school when she heard screams and quickly run up the stairs. Her mother was yelling to someone but when Maybeth saw her, she was laying on the floor crying and shouting. The door was wide open but there was nobody…
      The night, mother and daughter decided to go out for celebration but rain caught’em up. While they were returning, something hit their cars roof. It seemed too heavy to be a branch or something and made a big curvature on the roof. Maybeth gasped scared and stooped.  Helen turned pale but kept being silent. After a while a four legged figure appeared a few meters away and Helen screamed pressing the brake at the last moment before they crush on it. She changed her way and drove faster. Cold sweat was rolling down her cheeks. Maybeth couldn’t stand this longer. She argued with her mother and demanded to finally learn the truth about what was going on. Helen stopped trying to hide everything from her and revealed her daughter’s identity. Still crying, Helen admitted she did everything to protect her. She stopped the car at the middle of nowhere and yelled Maybeth to jump out of it.
      Maybeth, still absorbed by the power of truth, she was wondering how all this could be possible and soon, as she opened the car’s door everything settled down into her mind like puzzle pieces fitting the right position… Her childhood memories of creatures ‘’non-human looking’’ around her… Her nightmares and weird emotions… Everything…EVERYTHING!!!! And then she fell onto the ground so heavily she thought she would never stand on her feet again. She felt the air contracting around her and crawled away just a second before the car exploded! The figure was somehow standing on the flames watching as if it was thinking the best way to destroy them. It looked like a lion, now that May looked closer but it had a snake for tail... It was a freaking nightmary that creature! Helen dragged her daughter away and ran half-limping her bleeding leg.  Maybeth, half unconscious looked dazed with the eyes half-closed around. She sobbed in the sight of her mother’s injured leg and as she was letting her down at the base of the hill she noticed she was bleeding too in several parts of her body. She felt a shiver running down her spine and one of her wounds burning her. Her mother layed down and closed her eyes.
    -Run… She whispered. GO NOW! AND DO NOT TURN BACK YOU HEARD ME? Helen said as loudly as she could.
    -But mom… Maybeth stammered with tears in her eyes. Her mother’s look stopped her.
    -Maybeth, take care… was the last thing she said.
    Maybeth realized her mother wouldn’t make it anyhow. She turned to leave but her feet felt grounded. Then The huge lion wrapped her mother’s incapable body and ... She knew she had to go, and a tiny voice inside her yelled her to run away, but she couldn’t help than look her mother being lost forever… Then as the monstrous creature stretched to catch her she rushed to the hill’s top. She felt the monsters hot breath before seeing it. She quickly fell on the ground as a fire ball bigger than  her hand, hit the tree in front of her. Fire spread all around and smoke blured her vision but at the top of the hill it stopped… She felt her strength abandon her and fainted.

Role-playing Example:
     Another boring school day… I thought I would be crushed under my bag’s weight. I slowly walked through the corridors. Kids younger or older than me walking around, yelling, laughing and talking in groups. I still felt the burn on my cheek since Josh kissed me. It was so surprisingly sweet and nice. I generally hated boys. I thought they were sports-addicted jerks but after that, I wasn’t sure. Or perhaps I was. Josh was a boy and he was so handsome and cool and made me laugh all the time… But apart him, boys are jerks! I smiled at him as I was passing near and he hugged me whispering: Meet me at the school entrance at nightfall. I blushed, everything was so fast. Earlier he admitted he was in love with me and now he asked me to date? I couldn’t resist though!
     I felt a hand on my shoulder.
    -Happy Birthday again May! See ya’ tomorrow!! My best friend Sanny told me smiling. I waved my hand to say goodbye as I was walking away.
    A stranger was outside our door house.  I shivered when I looked him. I went in and rushed up the stairs. He was so odd. Okay, it was the 30th of September but he was wearing a long black coat and a top hat. It wasn’t yet that cold!! I suddenly heard screams and as I was going upwards, I heard my mother yelling to someone. I ran breathy just to find her laying on the floor, crying with her hair messed up, wearing a red robe…
    -M- mom? I stammered freaking scared and she looked at me I saw pain in her eyes… As if she was so sorry… As if she did something bad to me…

Notes: Sometimes, She is too emotionally sensitive. Though she is a demigod and believes in Gods, she is meditating when she has free time.

Last edited by Maybeth on 8/30/2013, 3:54 am; edited 13 times in total
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Remade Luna Loris -> Maybeth Brown Empty Re: Remade Luna Loris -> Maybeth Brown

Post by Jules 8/19/2013, 10:50 am

Heal injured people( the worst wounds are medium stabs/depth of 1inch)< Healing is not a power of Triton.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/19/2013, 10:56 am

Oh, sorry... She was like that before though... Fixed it! :D!
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 8/19/2013, 5:57 pm

Hi! You forgot to add the year of birth.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/20/2013, 4:44 am

Okay! fixed it! :D
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 8/20/2013, 7:17 am

Do you mean she can summon water from anywhere within a radius of 5 miles? If yes, reduce that please.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/20/2013, 7:51 am

I corrected that.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 8/20/2013, 2:36 pm

I suggest you reduce the mileage a bit more. Also, I think 100m depth for letting other people breathe underwater is too much, you'll need to quarter that. By healing in your powers section, do you mean healing herself?
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/20/2013, 4:14 pm

-No I mean others and her self. And I fixed the others.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/20/2013, 7:12 pm

Can I ask what attacked Maybeth and her mother in the Life Before CHB?

What's the most powerful thing she can do with water? By "larger fish: white shark," do you mean that's the largest fish that will obey her? Up to how many sea creatures can she control at once?
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/20/2013, 8:33 pm

1. I'm still getting suggestions on that as I honeslty don't know. I simply imagined something on my own... Any ideas?
    2. Water sword
    3. I wasn't sure if I could pick any larger, so yeah!
    4. Four. I wrote that.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/20/2013, 8:52 pm

1) I don't know of any monsters that can do the things that were done in the Life Before CHB, so I suggest you choose something like a very large hellhound and change up what happened.

2) So, she can create a sword out of water? Would it cut like a regular sword?

3+4) Okey.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/20/2013, 8:59 pm

2. Yeah, I guess...
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 8/23/2013, 8:17 am

So she'd be able to control 4 great white sharks at a time? I think thats too much. Change how big of an creature she can control.
    No to controlling ice.
    I'm not too sure about being able to take her friends 60metres underwater.

Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/23/2013, 9:27 am

Okay, I corrected everything you said, but I simply want you to know, this is a remade character, and except the ice, everything else [in powers] was already posted and aprooved.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 8/24/2013, 11:50 am

Could you explain "controlling water on a blade"?
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/24/2013, 12:42 pm

Well, I imagined that from water-bending. She has the power to control water, so with a sword's blade, she can control some water on it and create a usefull weapon!! :D
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/24/2013, 7:44 pm

If the water sword is the most powerful thing she could do, having it last for longer than maybe 10 minutes probably wouldn't be allowed. How long does it take for her to heal a wound? Can she use all of her 7 hours' worth of powers in one continuous go or does she have to take a break for brief periods while using her powers? (If it's the latter thing, how long do those rest periods last?)

You still need to change her Life Before CHB, if you can't figure out what kind of monster could possibly do what it did to your character and her mother. Also, who was her mother yelling at on Maybeth's twelfth birthday?
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/25/2013, 7:46 am

5. I wanted that to be a mystery!
    4. did that!
    3. fixed it!
    2. Asimi said no healing powers... [Healing people with water (the worst is small stabs with a depth of 1 inch)]{ for maximum 1 hour}
    1. She can only use it once per week and for 30 minutes. Is that okay?
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 8/25/2013, 8:56 am

No healing other people with water, I dont have a problem with her being able to heal herself to some extent but seeing as she has various other powers, the limits will have to be low.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/25/2013, 10:46 am

Okay, so I edited that one! :D
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/25/2013, 2:34 pm

1) It's ten minutes or less.
    5) Can't be a mystery now.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/25/2013, 3:04 pm

1.Okay....
    2. Okay..... Triton visited Helen to tell her that Maybeth should not risk any more and she should be guided right away to Camp. He disappeared right before Maybeth go there.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/25/2013, 3:14 pm

I wouldn't allow that.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 8/26/2013, 2:31 am

What do you mean? Shall I change it?
    It can't be aprooved...?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:53 pm