A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Ghost of Crushes Past

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Ghost of Crushes Past - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghost of Crushes Past

Post by Morgan Landry 3/21/2014, 1:15 pm

Now that she looked at him form close up, she noticed his eyes had a far deeper, richer shade of brown than what she had believed. In the proximity, she felt his breath on her forehead -- yes she is that short -- that mixed with the light, warm evening breeze. Then Dylan blinked several times and seemed unsure.

"Wait, Chiara. Are- are we sure about this? About us?" he asked.

The daughter of Ares blinked as well, her gaze more present now. His kiss had seemed genuine, but what was he afraid of? That they would die of young age? Chiara knew that. She knew that, sooner or later, she would find a monster that would overpower her and she would die. Perhaps before reaching age twenty.

"Dylan," she sighed, "our lives are too short to embarrass ourselves with stuff like being sure or not. When we see something sweet, we'd better grab it or else it's too late."

Chiara was an expert at not thinking too much about stuff and just go ahead and do it; she always went by the saying 'you don't know if something works by thinking about it but by trying it out'. It applied most to relationships. She didn't wait, hesitate, muse about it for days. She relativized, looked at the short span of her life and did it. If it worked, great, if not, she'd just forget it and move on.

OOC: I'm confused. Is he in love with her or not? I thought they would go on dating for one month or so.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Post by DannyBoi 3/21/2014, 10:59 pm

I know. That's why I'm afraid of commitment. I just… I don't want false hope, you know? If I'm in a relationship with someone, then I want to be with them for as long as I live. I know that for us, that won't be too long. He said. He didn't want to stay broken hearted if he lost her. He wanted to be able to continue life without remorse for the past. He loved her, but he couldn't be with her.

That didn't stop him. He followed up what he had previously said with something reassuring. Which is why I need to follow your quote from Catching Fire and grab what's sweet in my life. He said. He knew Chiara enough to know when she came up with something clever on her own, and when she copied a movie.

I'll be afraid, but I'll try to make it work. And I promise you, kid, I'll give so much more than I'll get.  love you. He said. He really did love her, but sometimes fear can be more motivating than love. The Greek tragedy of Orpheus and Eurydice tell that tale perfectly. He lost his wife because of the fear that she wasn't there. Fear overpowered love at the moment he turned around, and fear is what can kill anyone who can't control it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2014, 4:13 pm

"Who said anything about commitment?" Chiara rose an eyebrow. "Just live! Who knows what can happen tomorrow? Don't embarrass yourself with that kind of thinking, it will only slow you down."

She smirked as Dylan recognized the quote; he knew that Finnick was her favorite character along with Johanna, Cato and Clove. They had even watched the movie together once, if she remembered correctly.

"Look. You don't need to do all this. We just gotta live and that's all. Live, not exist. Because that's what I'm trying to do."
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 3/30/2014, 8:48 pm

Live, not exist. Alright then. He said. He then looked out at the campfire. Campers were starting to leave to their cabins, the Apollo kids were starting to pack there instruments up, and the Aphrodite kids were still trying to figure out who mixed their makeup bags. That meant one thing to Dylan, that it was time to go. He sighed, he didn't want to end this moment, but he didn't want to receive Chiron's discipline because of his disobedience to him.

It wasn't that Dylan feared Chiron, but he respected him. He didn't want to disappoint him in any way, be it training or failing to follow simple rules. In fact, this was the first teacher Dylan ever liked. He hadn't really known how it felt to have someone outside of your family genuinely care for you… until Chiron came along. While other demigods looked to heroes like Perseus and Heracles, Dylan looked to Chiron. One big reason for this being that Chiron was alive and Dylan was able to ask him questions. Sure, Chiron would scare Dylan with his authoritative power at times, yet he was gentle and took time to listen to anyone's complaints. He was like a father figure, something Dylan wasn't able to experience since he came to the camp.

So, shall we get going? Dylan said, gesturing to the campfire, which at this point had only a few campers left.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/4/2014, 7:59 pm

OOC: End it here?
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 4/5/2014, 1:55 am

ooh: I was hoping to show something that was misunderstood. Like only Chiara or only Dylan got caught and didn't tell Chiron the other was included to keep them safe. They then think about who else would've known but the other one, and assume the other did it. It would be a perfect set up for either of our characters, one could let anger cloud their judgement, and the other could take their distrust with anger and cause a barrier between the two. This could then lead to them realizing that they both were wrong to cut the other one off from their life, and then they could try to make amends at this lunch hour. So do you want Chiara to get caught or Dylan?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2014, 9:44 am

OOC: Chiara is getting caught ;)

BIC: "What, you afraid of the harpies?" Chiara teased with a mischievous grin, showing her little teeth.

Dude, all the times she had sneaked out and no harpy had ever found out.... Sliding her arm around Dylan's waist, Chiara left their spot and walked down, briefly taking her high heels off to walk more comfortably. The grass was soft and cold under her bare feet, and she immediately realized how much shorter she was compared to Dylan.

It took them a couple of minutes to reach the cabin's courtyard and the daughter of Ares innocently went to the crowd of people around the Aphrodite cabin, listening to the girls complaining about their clothes and make up ruined ("The latest L'Oréal collection!" one of them sniffed) and smothered a grin. She loved to see them pay.

"I'm going back to my cabin," she told Dylan, briefly kissed him, and broke away from him, walking in a steady pace towards the angry red colored building. It was always risky to stay near the crime place.

She reached the door, eluding the land mines buried in the perimeter around the cabin, entered the building, punched out of habit in the punch bag that hung in the middle of the room, and went to her bunk. Climbing up the rope ladder, she flopped unto the hard mattress and let out a giggle. Now that had been sooo easy!
    She put her headphones on and blasted some heavy metal when the door of the cabin opened. In the doorway, his white fur dim in the darkness, stood Chiron. She immediately pulled her earphones out.

"Chiara? Come with me, please." His deep, adult voice was severe, and Chiara's heart dropped, like it always did when a teacher found out it was her who had done the latest rule-breaking.

"Sure. Why?" she asked, faking innocence.

"You know why." He turned on his hooves and trotted away. Chiara had no other choice than to jump down the rope ladder, shin-kick the punching bag and to walk out, not even taking the time to put her shoes back on. She followed him up to the Big House and invited her to sit in the living room.

"Ah, Chiara," he sighed. "Why did you do this?"

"Do what?" The readhead asked.

"You saw what happened to the Aphrodite cabin. You prank each other all the time, but I had thought that after Halloween, it would've been good. I mean, it's not about what happened at last prom, anymore, is it?"

Was Chiron bluffing or did he know it had been her? Until he gave her proof he knew, she would pull the innocence card.

"T'wasn't me," she stubbornly said. "I was near the woods all the time. I was with Dylan Rancor, you can ask him, he'll tell you."

"I know you were. You left the party quite early, with Dylan, and took advantage of the fact most Aphrodite children would stay there late to prank them. You know," he frowned, "make-up and designer clothes are costly, not to mention the immaterial price most of the cabin ten campers attach to them."

"I know. But I didn't do it."

"Chiara, stop lying to me, you know I almost read right through you." He sighed and went over to his magical wheelchair. "You will have washing-up punishment for five days for that."

"Five days??!" she exclaimed. "But Chiron! Why? I didn't do it! Ask the Hermes kids, Travis or Connor, they prank the Aphrodite's too!"

"Who was there with you? Was Dylan part of it too?"

Chiara fell silent for a second, then composed her stubborn face.

"No, he wasn't among the pranksters. I can tell you, he was with me all the time, we were at the forest's edge."

But a thought had come into Chiara's mind... she knew Dylan liked Chiron as a teacher -- much more than Chiara did, though she respected him of course -- but would that go to betraying his new girlfriend? No, right? Yet he was the only one who knew... And Chiron seemed to have evidence, otherwise he wouldn't have come to her.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 4/6/2014, 4:24 pm

ooc: jump cut (i.e. "Three days passed…") or no?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/6/2014, 5:20 pm

OOC: Yep. You first? Perhaps after she comes out of her washing duty after lunch?
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 4/16/2014, 4:20 pm

ooc: Alright, i have an idea

bic: It had been three days since Dylan kissed Chiara, and he felt like he was on cloud 9. He felt light and carefree for those three days, and it seemed like nothing could bring him down. He went through training with a type of relaxation that he never would have on the battle ground. A couple of times, it had almost gotten him seriously hurt. One time, he got distracted at the archery range. He was so wrapped in his thoughts that he didn't notice that he was about to walk right into someone's line of fire. If it weren't for the kid who notched the arrow calling Dylan to get out of the way, he would've ended up with an arrow through his right temple.

Here he was, lying down on his bed after another one of these relaxed and mellow days. He was just replaying the moment he and Chiara kissed. It felt magical and wonderful all at the same time. As he was dwelling on it, he had realized that he hadn't seen Chiara since that night. He sat up from his bed and thought about what he'd say to her. He didn't want to sound like a stalker, but he didn't want to sound emotionless.

After a few minutes of asking around, he learned that she had dish duty. Why does she have dish duty?What did she do? He thought to himself. He didn't suspect that anyone told Chiron, since the only other person who knew about their prank was Chiara herself, so he didn't know what had happened. He walked over to the mess hall, and there she was, walking out of her shift.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2014, 3:51 pm

The acrid lemon smell of the special lava dish washer was everywhere: on her hands, face, hair, in her nose and in her clothes. Her fingers were red from rubbing the dishes clean and shiny and she was sweating, some red streaks clinging to her temples and cheekbones.

She was so done that she bumped into somebody when going out of the Basement.

"Watch your step!" She angrily exclaimed, before realizing it was Dylan. "Oh. It's you."
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 5/4/2014, 5:40 am

Dylan looked at Chiara and found her beautiful n her dirty clothes. Although she looked as if she had fallen off of the rock wall, she still radiated a type of essence that Dylan loved about her. The smell, however, was slightly intoxicating. It gave Dylan a weird, light-headed feeling, like he had just taken a whiff of bleach. Dylan enjoyed freshly applied "Pine-Sol: Lemon Scent" as much as the next guy did, but he enjoyed it on wood furniture. Nonetheless, he ignored it for the sake of his relationship. After all, it would look bad for him if he had commented negatively on his new girlfriend's appearance. Words had power behind them, meaning that one false statement could easily end a relationship of any kind.

Hey, how are you? Dylan said. He tried to sound excited to see her, but not too excitedbut it proved to be more difficult then he had hoped for. He guessed by the look on her face that he did something wrong. Already? I've been dating her for two or three days and I've already messed up? he thought to himself. He cleared his throat, partly because of nervousness and partly because he was slightly dehydrated and out of breath from looking all over camp for Chiara, and asked Hey, I see that somethings wrong. Do you mind telling me what it is?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 3:31 pm