A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Jake Hifnek

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Jake Hifnek Empty Jake Hifnek

Post by moriarty 1/25/2014, 9:10 pm

Name: Jake Hifnek
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Brown
    Height: 5'11
    Body Type: Athletic
    Skin Color: Medium, not exactly pale, but not tan either.
    God Parent: Forseti
    Mortal Parent: Haley Hifnek Step-sister, Ashley Hifenk
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: None
    Talents: Settling arguments, Kung Fu, Skateboarding, and braiding hair. He gained this talent by sneaking around his step-sister and her friends.

Weapon**: CB axe, the handle is 20" and the head is 1 1/2 lbs. He was given the axe by his mother, who was told to give the axe to Jake, as it is his father's symbol. It radiates light when Jake wants it to, but it only lights up a 1 m x 1 m area. It will only light up 4 times a day, for 20 minutes at a time, with a cooldown period of 1 hour. Haley received the axe from Forseti, and was told to give it to Jake when he left for camp.
    Axe:

Personality: Jake is a very closed off person. He only talks to people when he needs to. He often shuts people that are close to him out, just because he doesn't like socializing. When he's in the mood to talk, he is a very friendly person. If you spend enough time with him, and don't push him too far, Jake can be very loveable. When he wants to go outside, but not socialize, he becomes very sneaky. He enjoys reading horror stories and poetry.

Flaws: Bipolar, beats himself up if he does something wrong, forgives others too easily.

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Jake has the ability to know when there is an argument. The argument has to take place within 300x 300 meters of him. He can detect 2 arguments at a time, if there is more than that going on, it just gets blocked out like its not happening. He can detect arguments 5 times a day. He can only know that there is an argument, he doesn't know what its about or who is having it. Detecting an argument makes him feel slightly lightheaded, and needs to sit down. (Note: Only verbal arguments)
    If there is argument and can create a copy of himself that can go out and only solve arguments. The avatar stays for 15 minutes, then fades away. He can make only one a day, then he has to actually go outside. The clone is durable enough to take a hard punch, but it will immediately fade after. The copy is slightly different from the real Jake, as it has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Jake has to concentrate greatly to keep his focus, and control the avatar. If he loses focus, the avatar will freeze, and would gradually fade away after 5 minutes of him not paying attention. After creating and controlling the avatar, he needs a solid 2 hr nap. He prefers using the clone because he is a very solitary person, and despises actually leaving his bunk.  

Life Before CHB*: Jake led a normal life, at least as normal as a demigod life could be. Ashely, who is 19, her father is a mortal man, Haley's ex-husband. Ashely and Jake are exact opposites. She is bubbly and popular, while he is somber and closed-off. Forseti told Haley he was a god soon after they met. Jake, his sister and his mother lived a peaceful life until he was 16, when a satyr, named Simon, was stationed at his school. He immediately befriended Jake, as he knew he was a demigod. When Jake brought Simon to his house to hang out, Simon pulled Haley aside and explained the situation. She nodded, as she had knew about this all along, but feared telling Jake. Simon then took Jake to Camp Half-Blood one year ago.

RP Example*: I sat in my bunk, specially made to shut everyone out. There was a gold blackout curtain in front of my bed. Taped to the outside of the curtain was a sign that said "Keep out!" I picked up a book from my collection and opened to a random page. I closed my eyes and started reading aloud the first words I saw. "And quoth the raven, 'Nevermore.'" Of course. My Edgar Allen Poe Anthology.
    Any notes about your characters: Not ADHD, but slightly dyslexic. Portrayed by Connor Franta
    Jake Hifnek 47f8888c643a11e2b0f022000a9f1369_7

Last edited by The Musical Tardis on 1/28/2014, 5:53 pm; edited 11 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Jake Hifnek Empty Re: Jake Hifnek

Post by Kendall 1/25/2014, 9:39 pm

Try Forseti, a Norse god of justice: http://www.northernpaganism.org/shrines/forseti/about.html
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/26/2014, 7:23 pm

Finished and Ready!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 1/27/2014, 2:51 pm

Although the power is creative.... Why can't he just mediate the argument himself, instead of using the "clone"?

Add a bit more to the LBCHB concerning his life with his mother and sister. Who is Ashley's father, and is she older or younger than him?

Where did Jake's mother get the axe -- from Forseti?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/27/2014, 5:39 pm

He hates socializing, and being around people.
    Haley's ex-husband is Ashely's father, she is 2 years older than him.
    Yes, from Forseti.

Edited!
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 1/27/2014, 6:24 pm

That's a very creative power, good job! But, if there are no arguments, does the clone just walk around and say nothing? How durable is the clone (if someone hits it, what happens?)

Is there a limit to the weapon ability?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/27/2014, 9:42 pm

Added: Jake has the ability to detect arguments within certain parameters.

The clone can take a punch, but will fade immediately.

Will light up for 20 minutes, every hour, but only 4 times a day.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female
    Number of posts : 1835
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Post by Amy Pond 1/28/2014, 6:28 am

When the axe lights up, does it give him an advantage in a fight?

Cool power!
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/28/2014, 7:41 am

No fight advantage, just a source of light, like a torch.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 1/28/2014, 4:06 pm

500 x 500 meters seems a bit large to me... would you mind lowering it? (I would suggest 250-300 meters, as that's a bit more reasonable to me). Also, how many arguments can he detect at one time? How many times a day can he detect the argument? How does detecting it effect him physically? What's the cool down on detecting the argument?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/28/2014, 5:54 pm

Edited!
    Christian
    Christian

Female