A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) Empty oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by mabel pines 2/19/2014, 8:43 pm

"don't listen to a word i say"

taleis hates mondays. more than mondays, he hates peleus feeding duty. more than peleus feeding duty, he hates mondays on which he has peleus feeding duty. dragons are cool, but handling raw meat is not. handling raw meat on a monday of all days is far less fun.

"hey, peleus," he says to the dragon, (and, seriously, he's talking to a dragon, when did this become his life) who simply regards him with a bored look in his eyes, not even a bit of steam through the nose, rude. "if i sneak into the kitchen to get some more meat, would you let me get away with borrowing the fleece? just for a little bit?"

that catches peleus' attention, enough for some steam, which is apparently too important for taleis. "fine," taleis mumbles, tossing some of the raw meat to peleus and thanking whoever it was that thought of rubber gloves, "no fleece-borrowing adventures. party pooper. would you blow some fire? burn down a tree or two?"

apparently, now that there is no more fleece-talk, peleus is sick of taleis. he lets out a growling noise after snapping up the meat, looking at taleis like he's some fly that he would smash, if only taleis weren't so insignificant, which, again, rude. dragons are super cool, but just cause peleus is a dragon doesn't make him better than taleis.

'stupid dragons and their superiority complexes,' taleis thinks, nearly positive that if he utters it out loud that peleus would blow fire on him, which would so not be cool. taleis has plans.

he tosses some more meat into the air, all of which peleus snaps up. he's seeming much more friendly by the time the two thirds of the contents of the bucket have been emptied, so taleis braves trying to make a deal with him.

"say, peleus, that's some pretty good grub, right? and i gave you that grub. so, do you think you could keep it a secret that i'm gonna sneak out later?"

peleus makes a noise that sounds somewhat like a purr and blows a bit more steam through his nose. taleis takes this as a good sign.

Last edited by girl almighty on 2/4/2015, 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by honey 2/19/2014, 10:45 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

If there was one thing that Benjamin hated, it was being bored. He would go to any lengths to keep from it, rule breaking included. In these cases, he couldn’t give a dime about such trivial things like ‘rules.’ This applied to life outside and inside Camp Half Blood as well. He had the nauseating feeling that Dionysus approved of this, because it provided for some sort of entertainment for the god. Benjamin had exploded part of the Athena cabin at least twice (or was it thrice?) so far in his stay at the camp, and each time, the god had appeared strangely gleeful. Despite his apparent joy at Benjamin’s not-so-intentional trouble making (it was honestly in the name of science), Dionysus was still required to discipline Benjamin. He had been sent to “border patrol,” a truly terrifyingly tedious thing.
    Stomping up to Thalia’s tree (what a stupid name, Thalia wasn’t even there anymore), he noticed there was someone else up there too, and he mentally groaned. His time guarding the camp would be even more torturous. He briefly considered ditching, but then Dionysus would probably make him do it again—it was more beneficial to Benjamin if he just got it over with right now. He eventually reached the pine tree, and stabbed the end of his spear into the soft ground. The other boy was talking at the dragon curled around the tree. He was, apparently, attempting to get the dragon to do something. With a quick glance at the boy’s face, Benjamin was able to deduce quite a lot about him. For one, the vaguely manic gleam in the boy’s eyes was enough to tell Benjamin that it thrilled the boy, the prospect of danger. Well, he wasn’t going to get anywhere. The dragon ate peacefully, puffs of smoke escaping its nostrils. The boy seemed not to have noticed Benjamin yet, so he left his spear resting on the tree while he strolled along the border. If he reached out and trailed his hand along the magical barrier just so, he could feel a slight heat at his fingertips, not painful but very much there. Suddenly, he caught a glance of something red, in a bush that was otherwise the dark green that plants tended to be. Frowning, Benjamin dropped his hand from the barrier and went over to the bush. Crouching and pushing the leaves and braches aside, Benjamin found a backpack. A rather heavy backpack, in fact, seemingly full. He wondered why anyone would want to have a backpack hidden up here. Unless… Benjamin’s fingers found the zipper, but before he could pull the bag open, there was a shout from behind him.

Last edited by sherlock on 2/25/2014, 7:42 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : sexy html yo)
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 2:20 am

he's just finished up feeding peleus when he notices a boy holding the backpack he's hidden, and, crap, that's not supposed to happen.

"hey, that's mine!" he shouts, dropping the food bucket and reaching out, despite the fact that he isn't even close enough to the boy to grab his backpack from him. he realizes he must look ridiculous, in his skintight jeans and loose-fitted t-shirt and the damn rubber gloves, but there is no way he would touch that raw meat with his bare hands. not even if you payed him.

(well, okay, maybe if you payed him, depending on how much. or what you were paying with. both are very important.)

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/20/2014, 7:32 am

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin was standing straight up in a matter of seconds, pulling a knife out from under his sleeve. He held the bag out of the other boy's reach, eyebrows raised. Ah. So this was the boy's bag, and apparently rather important to him too.
    "What's this?" He smirked, glancing at the bag held an arms length away from him, before quickly looking back at the boy. His hair is curly and unruly enough to match Benjamin's own. He looks rather ridiculous, really, what with the tight pants and bright yellow rubber gloves.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 8:57 am

taleis laughs nervously, tugging his stupid rubber gloves off and dropping them into the bucket. he's not going to risk looking like an idiot for the whole of the conversation, and the dude pulled a knife out on him. he doesn't look like an ares kid, but taleis sure as hell isn't ruling that out.

"um, it's a backpack? pretty sure you'd know what one of those are, man. they're pretty common." he runs a hand through his hair (thank the gods he took of those gloves) and tries to give a non-threatening smile. he really wouldn't like to be shanked the day he was supposed to be leaving. he wouldn't really like to be shanked any day, actually. especially not on a monday when he had peleus feeding duty and he was supposed to finally be getting out of this stupid camp.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/20/2014, 9:14 am

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

"Obviously," Benjamin drawls, rolling his eyes. He puts away the knife--it had been a reflex, albeit, admittedly, an unnecessary one. The boy doesn't present much of a threat. He slings the backpack over his shoulder smoothly, and smiles entirely falsely.
    "Let's see," he hums thoughtfully, "what would a camper be doing with a fully packed bag, when he has basically everything he needs in the relative safety of the camp?" The smile slides off his face, becoming serious.
    "Running away, are we?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 1:25 pm

taleis huffs out an aggravated breath, crosses his arms, and scowls. "yeah, alright, maybe i am," he says, keeping his voice level. "what's it matter to you? and for the love of the gods, can you just give me my damn backpack?"

taleis hasn't got any issues with the people at camp. they're typically nice people, don't bother you too much and just let you live your life. but then sometimes you've got people like this dude, who is stealing his backpack, which really isn't nice at all. and is somewhat obnoxious, as that is taleis' and doesn't he have any clue how many of that hermes' kids chores he had to do in order to get him to buy taleis the supplies? it's horribly inconsiderate. taleis spent a lot of time bribing him into buying those things for him.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/20/2014, 2:12 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

"Sure," Benjamin nods graciously, a small, genuine smile playing on his lips this time. He makes his decision in a split second.
    "But only if I can come, too." The smile turns into a full blown smirk, like the cat that caught the canary. He's been so bored for the longest time--the only thing that provides the slightest bit of entertainment are his experiments, and all of his equipment has been confiscated after the third time he blew up his bunk. There had only been one girl who had sort of appreciated his genius, but she had been on the opposite side of camp when the explosion happened, so she hadn't been affected by the fumes, and therefore did not understand the full effect.
    There were also the capture-the-flag games, with the giant scorpions and occasional hellhound, but there wasn't much strategy involved, and anyway the other kids are stupid and use only brute force. Benjamin had given up on those quickly.
    He has no idea where this boy is going, he doesn't even know his name, but he couldn't care less. If this plan works (and he's fairly certain it will), then Benjamin will be free from the sheer boredom the dull camp presents.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 3:55 pm

the boy's response shocks taleis, isn't at all what he was expecting. everyone else at camp seems to love it there and would never want to leave. somebody else wanting to leave is practically unheard of, and taleis can't really help the shocked expression on his face.

"you want to leave camp," he says, once he;s regained control of his facial expressions. his voice comes out flat, and this boy is a stranger. what if taleis is actually a psycho killer? what is he is a psycho killer? what if there's a gang of psycho killers waiting at the bottom of the hill? there are just too many possibilities.

"didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers?" he asks. "you know, like, nothing about me. i could be a murderer. you could be asking a murdered to take you out of camp. i could be like one of those horror movie obsessed guys from scream and i could try to kill you but you're asking me to take you out of camp."

taleis decides that there must be something very, very wrong with the rest of the world, or at least the sheltered bubble that is camp half blood. it's supposed to be preparing them for going out into the real world and facing monsters, not making them so innocent that they'll trust any random stranger.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/20/2014, 9:40 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

The expressions flitting across the other boy’s face are entertaining, although unnecessary. He waits with saintly patience (well, saintly for him, which means pretty impatiently for anyone else) until the boy finishes his display of emotions. Benjamin rolls his eyes dramatically yet again. The boy’s being so terribly dull. “Yes, of course I want to leave.” He scoffs at the boy’s questions, and proceeds to answer.
    “Please,” he says dryly, “if you were a murderer, then at least you’d be interesting. Besides, you don’t think I can hold my own against you?” He then looks pointedly at the knife he had pulled out earlier. “And no, I’m not going to try to kill you either—unfortunately, I need you in order to get out of here.” After all, strength in numbers and all that. It wasn’t something Benjamin usually cared about, but in this case, it’s best to have someone to, ah, ‘have his back’ in case he needs it. He draws his attention back to the boy, and meets his gaze dead-on.
    “You’re wrong. I know plenty about you. You’re a ‘popular’ boy, used to having many people hanging on your every word, adoring fans and whatnot, but you’re not particularly concerned about appearances, which means your popularity is… unintended, for lack of a better word. You’re an adrenaline junkie, you crave adventure, and yet you have trust issues. Rather strange for someone who will do almost anything for cheap thrills.” Benjamin’s arms, previously folded across his chest, drop to his sides, and he tenses. He’s getting ready for the punch sure to come from the boy. It’s what they all do after Benjamin deduces them.
    “That’s... enough to be going on with, don’t you think?”

Last edited by Merlin on 2/20/2014, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : italics yo)
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 10:08 pm

© html made by fishy, graphic by sherlock

I'm not whole.

it takes taleis a moment to calm himself, to remind himself that this guy may know all that but that's it, he doesn't know about his dad or not being wanted or any of that stuff. he is not some creepy stalker. definitely not. taleis does not have time to think of the possibilities if he is stuck running away with a creepy stalker and possible murderer.

he flashes a tense smile, not quite genuine, before saying, "now that's not fair, is it? you know all this about me, and i don't even know your first name. all i've got to go off of is you're an a**."

while taleis has ruled out the creepy-stalker-psycho-killer scenario, it is clear he's going to have to be in close proximity with someone who is even more of an a-hole than himself. which is not preferable. at all. taleis wonders if it would be immoral if he tried to kill him while he was asleep. that would take care of a lot of his problems.

Last edited by miss jackson on 2/24/2014, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/20/2014, 10:22 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin relaxes ever so slightly when the boy calls him an a**. When people call him names, that usually means that their fit of violence has ended, at least for a while. He returns the boy's smile, albeit more careless, loose.
    "Benjamin Holmes, son of Athena." He shakes the boy's hand (thank gods he at least had the sense to remove the rubber gloves), winks at him, and whirls around. The backpack is still on his shoulder even as he strolls back down the hill, towards the camp. "I'll go collect my things. Wait here, if you wish."

ooc; u wanna time skip so that ben comes back right after ur post?
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/20/2014, 10:38 pm

I'm not whole.

"you wanna give me my stuff back?" taleis shouts after him, not even having a moment to give his name. not like that's a problem, he really doesn't need any more association with this guy than he does already.

but benjamin's gone, leaving taleis there with a bucket with some yellow rubber gloves, a dragon, and no backpack. "peleus, can you believe i've gotten myself stuck with that guy?" taleis asks, plopping himself down on the ground.

peleus lets out a snort and some steam, which taleis gladly takes as a sign of agreement. peleus is a nice dragon. peleus understands taleis and the pain of his life. taleis likes peleus.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/21/2014, 9:29 am

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin more or less flies back up the hill once he's got all of his things. They're all in his pocket--a son of Hecate had given Benjamin a magically shrinking bag, which fits in his black Belstaff coat pocket. Among the items in the bag are extra clothes, a large bottle of nectar, and a plastic baggy stuffed full of ambrosia squares. In his other pocket is a pouch full of drachmas. The weight is reassuring; should they need to bribe someone, they've got more than enough to do so. Slung low across his hips is his long, slightly curved sword.
    He marches towards the boy. "Well. What's the first part of your plan?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/21/2014, 10:47 am

I'm not whole.

"uh," taleis says. "walking down the hill?" he really, really hopes it's morally okay to kill benjamin while he's sleeping. the fields of punishment would be awful for his skin.

he squints up at benjamin for a few seconds before standing up and holding his hand out. "can i have my backpack now, please?" he asks. "pretty please? pretty please with a cherry on top?" he makes a kinda grabby-hand motion, because screw formalities or manners or all that, taleis just wants his damn backpack that this jerk took from him. which was horribly rude. taleis is stuck on a cross america road trip with an annoying british boy and if one of them doesn't come out dead it'll be a miracle.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/21/2014, 1:47 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin frowns disapprovingly. "The physical appearance of the please has nothing to do with it." He sniffs haughtily, but in a small sign of trust, he hands the bag back to the boy. Not that he trusts the boy--definitely not. "Besides, I don't like cherries anyway." Benjamin stuffs his hands into his pockets, looking down at the boy. Even after all his deductions, the one thing Benjamin can't deduce is his name.
    "I don't believe I caught your name?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/21/2014, 11:27 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis rolls his eyes, grabbing his backpack and slinging it over one shoulder. "thank you, gru," he mutters. seriously, who the hell does this guy think he is, quoting despicable me and acting like he's 'holier than thou' or whatever.

besides, how does he just not like cherries? that's ridiculous. that is so ridiculous and taleis takes personal offence. not only is benjamin a jerk, but he is a cherry hating jerk. this is going to be living hell, worse than living with his aunt and uncle.

"and i'm taleis," he says. "taleis heap, son of clymene." he doesn't mention the whole taleisin emmett heap the third thing. it sounds ridiculous and pretentious, and taleis is not pretentious. he's a little bit ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as his stupid full name.

Last edited by miss jackson on 2/24/2014, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/23/2014, 6:18 pm

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

“Yes, alright, a simple first name will suffice.” Benjamin waves his hand dismissively. He notices that Taleis was holding something back, but Benjamin doesn’t care. “What is ‘gru?’” Benjamin asks irritably as he starts down the hill. The word sounds familiar, but he can’t place the connection. He probably deleted it.
    Whatever, he thinks, and continues on his way. He thinks about calling the chariot of damnation, but decides against it. The last time he had been in the chariot, he threw up upon exiting. The three old hags had cackled at him and nearly ran him over as they left. He shudders slightly at the memory once he reaches the foot of the hill. Turning to the side, Benjamin looks at Taleis. The shorter boy looks both wary and murderous. It’s a look Benjamin’s used to.
    Benjamin flashes him a wide, toothy smile. “Have you got a destination in mind?” He asks, having already forgotten his earlier question.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/23/2014, 8:08 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis stares at benjamin, because, what. he quotes directly from a movie and doesn't know the name of the damn character. who even is this guy, seriously.

the whole subject of how taleis plans on doing this hasn't really been planned, honestly. he hadn't gotten any further than hiding his stuff at the hill. taleis has never been known for his planning.

"los angeles," he says to benjamin, not even bothering to answer his first question. there's not even a point in bothering with someone so utterly missing. "i plan on going to los angeles. and a ton of other places, probably. i'm thinking bungee jumping at the grand canyon or something."

he notes that benjamin is taller than him, which is just even more irritating. first he's a jerk, then he's a clueless jerk who has no mind for popular media, and then he's a clueless jerk with no mind of popular media who is taller than taleis, which is just plain rude. taleis would invest in a pair of high heels if it wouldn't wound his pride so horribly.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/26/2014, 10:44 am

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

"Los Angeles." Benjamin echoes, letting the word roll across his tongue. He says it exactly the way Taleis had, analysing the tones. "Home." Benjamin hums. Before the shorter boy could accuse him of being a stalker again, Benjamin explains.

"You said it fondly, comfortably. You've been anticipating this for a while now, haven't you? There's someone or someones waiting for you there--you had to leave them behind. Hm. Sentiment." He says the last word with a long-suffering sigh.

"How dull. Nevertheless, bungee jumping on the Grand Canyon sounds intriguing. What's bungee jumping?" Benjamin asks curiously, glancing at at Taleis again as they walked down the wide dirt path that led to modern civilisation.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/26/2014, 9:31 pm

I'm not whole.

'd!ck,' taleis thinks, crossing his arms against his chest and glaring at benjamin. who does this guy think he is, seriously. "you know, i really don't care," taleis says. "like, you can go all detective in your head. you can think for a reason."

it's hard not to turn back around and march right back into camp. being stuck in there sounds pretty nice after only a few minutes with benjamin. "do you seriously not know what bungee jumping is?" taleis asks. "first you quote directly from despicable me but don't know the main character's name, and now you don't know what bungee jumping is?"

this is ridiculous. taleis is stuck on a cross-america road trip with the stupidest son of athena to ever exist, who is not only a complete idiot, but also a jerk, and also taller than him. these things just can't be forgiven.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/27/2014, 8:20 am

© made by fishy

benjamin

holmes

"Consulting detective," Benjamin corrects, though a small degree of surprise colours his voice. "The only one in the world." He hesitates before allowing, "It's... an easy mistake to make."

He blinks at Taleis in confusion when he starts talking about something to do with the word despicable, but he connects the dots quickly enough. "So that's where it's from. Hm. I must have deleted it." Even though Taleis had told him not to explain, Benjamin knows that lesser minds (ooc; iS TAL GONNA TAKE THAT YO) would not understand.

"I have to delete information from my mind, or it becomes cluttered and disorganised. I might have learned about bungee jumping once, but it wasn't useful to me, so I deleted it. Now, will you explain?" He asked, allowing his impatience to show in his voice.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/27/2014, 7:46 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis lets out an exasperated sigh. gods, how much more pretentious can you get? taleis wouldn't be surprised to find out that this guy wore scarves and thought he was too good for coffee and wrote poetry. like, seriously.

"oh, of course," taleis says, because that makes perfect sense. gods, he should have ran when he had the chance. he'd rather be locked in a room with sophie of all people than out here with this boy, seriously, screw his life and whoever decided doing this to him was okay.

"well, benny dear," taleis says in his most sickeningly sweet imitation of a kindergarten teacher's voice. "bungee jumping is when you jump off of things, but they put this neat little harness on you attached to a stretchy string to make sure everybody's safey-wafey and nobody goes splat!" he gives him his most charming smile, then, and stands up on his tip toes to ruffle benjamin's hair. benjamin may be annoying, but taleis is going to make it his personal goal to be more annoying.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/11/2014, 8:13 am

© html by fishy, graphic by sherlock

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin jerks away from Taleis's touch, frowning strongly as he pats his hair back down. Maybe he should just go back and delete the annoying boy from his memory and pretend none of this ever happened. He honestly debates it for several seconds before remembering how utterly boring the camp is. Besides, if it gets to a certain point, he'll just murder the boy (smothering? poisoning? He'll have to observe Taleis's behaviour and then decide). He sniffs disdainfully, pulling his blue scarf from his pocket.

"It's not my fault that I deleted it. It wasn't important before." He says as he knots the scarf around his neck. Rolling his shoulders back, he walks slightly faster, long legs providing longer strides. "Also, please never use the term..." he wrinkles his nose and says the next word as if it physically pains him, "safey-wafey ever again. It'll be less humiliating for everyone." He leans in close to Taleis and stage whispers, "By everyone, I mean just you."

He leans away again and continues walking, already planning on how to get across the country.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/11/2014, 5:08 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis stares at benjamin in horror. "oh, gods," he whispers. he does wear scarves. this will be a nightmare.

and there he goes, exercising his stupid tallness and walking at a pace that would nearly be a jog for taleis. so, of course, the only logical solution is to skip after him. obviously. (maybe spending so much time talking to a seven year old is affecting the already damaged decision making part of taleis' brain. maybe.)

"so, benny dear," taleis says, because benjamin never said anything about the phrase (god, he is so pretentious) 'benny dear', "have you come up with some master plan to get to the east coast? i'm sure you have, what with your truly impressive intelligence." taleis isn't even sure that's proper grammar. he hopes it isn't and that benjamin is one of those people who gets really annoyed by improper grammar. that would be great. taleis would so take advantage of that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 5:31 am