A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 3 Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by honey 5/7/2016, 12:58 pm

both boys are bruised and bleeding and hurt and there may or may not be a concussion between them, but they're also buzzing with adrenaline and victory. the manticore (why the hades was there a manticore right outside the outskirts of new york city anyway?) was beaten into a pile of stinking yellow dust and had stayed that way. sure, they have a considerable dent in the side of the rv, and sure, the exhaust is pumping grey smoke, and sure, the van won't last another day, but they survived. taleis is driving and humming along to some inane song on the radio (the only thing that seems to be working perfectly in the damn vehicle) as benjamin rummages through the back for bandages.

"here," he says, and lobs a roll at taleis's head as he climbs into the co-pilot seat. ripping a strip with his teeth, he wraps it around the thin gash in his forearm, baring his teeth at the sting. icy blue eyes scan the map in front of him. "we'll need to stop at the next town and steal a van. if we get another rv, they'll track us down."

ooc; i didn't want to go into the fight cos i would suck at it so yeah anyway
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 3 Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by mabel pines 5/8/2016, 9:51 pm

taleis makes a noise in the back of his throat, too tired to even properly form a witty response to villainy ben subjected him to. honestly, throwing rolls of ace bandages can be dangerous taleis is fairly certain. there must have been some number of ace bandage related deaths recently, taleis is sure of it. he's just too exhausted to even bother.

"alright," he says, eyes focused on the road ahead of him. "you've got the map, right? gps. whatever we're going with now." his fingers tap to the beat of the song as selena gomez sings about how she just wants to look good or whatever, and he sings along under his breath. so he likes pop music, sue him.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 5/8/2016, 10:11 pm

"i can read a map just fine, thanks," benjamin snaps irritably, and smooths the map out. he squints at it (because his glasses are in the back and he doesn't want to go back and get them) and has to pull it just a little closer to his face. "you're going to take a left in," he pauses, and grimaces, "eleven miles." gods. he puts the map down and thumps his head down against the dashboard.

out of the corner of his eye, he catches a slowly growing patch of red on taleis's trousers, from the blood dripping from his arm. the cut's shallow enough, but - it's annoying benjamin. he stays still for all of thirty more seconds, and snatches the roll of bandages from the floor. he rips another long strip of bandage, and grabs taleis's arm, yanking it to him. "i hope your incompetency limits itself to reading maps, and not driving with one hand," he says roughly, and carefully wraps up the wound. as soon as he's done, he drops taleis's freckled arm and crosses his own tightly across his chest, looking out the window.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by mabel pines 5/10/2016, 1:31 pm

taleis huffs out a laugh. god, ben is so fussy. "calm down benny boo, i was just making sure i wasn't driving and navigating at the same time," he says. " and hey, eleven miles isn't that bad. i've gone on road trips where we've driven straight for like, a hundred miles at a time. just wait 'til we actually get to california."

he's driving just fine, really, until ben grabs his arm with no warning. taleis lets out a yelp as he swerves, before finally getting control of the wheel again. thank the gods no one else was on the road.

"of course i can drive fine with one hand," he says through gritted teeth, "so long as you'd be so kind as to give me a warning next time." taleis can already tell this is going to be a long trip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 12:00 am