A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 2 Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by honey 3/16/2014, 10:21 pm

© html by fishy, graphic by sherlock

benjamin

holmes

"I'm making rules." Benjamin snaps, scowling. "You are not to call me any sort of nicknames. This is not up for discussion." He then turns back to his planning, lips pursing slightly. Benjamin has enough money that, if they wanted to, they could take an aeroplane to Los Angeles. That would completely useless. Maybe if they had a mobile home? Benjamin doesn't like the idea of sharing a living space with Taleis, but c'est la vie.

"It's hardly a master plan." Benjamin scoffs disdainfully. "We'll get an RV." He says finally, nodding once.

ooc; im s orry i gave up

Last edited by sherlock on 3/19/2014, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 2 Empty Re: oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills)

Post by mabel pines 3/16/2014, 11:06 pm

© html made by fishy, graphic by sherlock

I'm not whole.

taleis gives ben his most vibrant smile. "oh, of course, benny boo," he says, trying his hardest not to giggle while saying it. oh, he is so getting under benjamin's skin. he is so good. taleis: 10, benjamin: -50. he is going to win the crap out of this annoyance-war thing. benjamin does not stand a chance against taleis' obviously superior annoyance techniques. he's had years of practice, living with his obnoxious cousins (except for lucy, or course; lucy's great).

"i suppose we'd have to share a bed, won't we?" taleis says. he bet he could annoy the crap out of benjamin with cuddling. taleis is a huge cuddler. he bets that ben would find that annoying as hell. "unless you'd so graciously volunteer to sleep on the floor; i'm not sure those legs of yours would even fit into the sleeping area."

taleis giggles, because, heck yes, he has found a flaw in ben's completely unnecessary tallness. taleis' brain is the best. taleis is the best.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/19/2014, 8:00 am

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin's lip curls, and he wants to strangle Taleis. He really should turn back now and try to do something scientific with Victoria. Then he realises that that's probably Taleis's plan, and a wide smile blooms on his face. He sidles up to Taleis, a sugar-sweet smile pulling the corners of his Cupid's bow lips up.

"Of course, darling." The word almost dies in his throat, but he forces it out. "I expect nothing less. And these legs of mine would fit into any bed with you in it." Benjamin winks suggestively, and then steps away from Taleis, resuming his stride.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/19/2014, 11:16 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis falters for a second, because. what. benjamin was never supposed to try to beat taleis. which he won't. benjamin definitely will not beat taleis. taleis is the damn king of annoying.

it takes taleis a second to regain his composure, to get back into the rhythm of his lively skip. taleis should have a skirt of something for this. it would floof up everywhere. why it isn't socially acceptable for guys to dress up in women's clothes, taleis will never know. he loves skirts.

"oh, benjamin, my precious sugar pumpkin," taleis says, pouring on his syrupy sweet voice and fluttering his eyelashes. "wherever shall we find an rv?"

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/21/2014, 7:27 am

benjamin

holmes

Two can play at this game, Benjamin thinks. What would successfully unnerve Taleis enough that he would stop? Ian made Benjamin rather uncomfortable, with the touching... Benjamin doesn't say anything for a while, and then he slows down again (honestly, can't Taleis go any faster?), walking alongside Taleis.

He scoots close to the shorter boy and wraps an arm around his shoulders, fingers pressing into his arm. "Well, sweet," he bats his eyelashes right back, and deepens his voice just a tad, "it's rather simple--uptown Manhattan." He doesn't let go of Taleis, merely uses his free hand to pull his phone from his pocket. He taps away on the screen, searching for an exact place. Hopefully Taleis will jerk away, any time now...

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/21/2014, 10:10 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis frowns at the lack of a reaction to precious sugar pumpkin and prays that benjamin only added the arm in hopes to beat taleis at whatever it is they're doing. seriously, he had plans. plans that involved intense cuddles. taleis loves cuddles.

he simply leans into benjamin, flashes him a bright smile. if benjamin thinks taleis can be scared off by a little bit of touching, he's dead wrong.

"oh, of course," taleis says, waving his hand through the air. "how could i have been so foolish? please, if you could ever forgive me for my stupidity, my love." taleis throws in some more eye fluttering and juts his lip out a bit.

taleis takes a glance at the phone, takes a moment to wonder whether or not it's safe before shrugging it off. he plans to do things that put his live in danger, anyways. what difference does a cell phone make? maybe then taleis could fight something. taleis enjoys doing that. maybe it would kill benjamin before taleis could kill it. that would be great.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 4/9/2014, 8:14 pm

benjamin

holmes

“Ugh,” Benjamin’s lip curls, and he shoves Taleis away. “You’re disgusting.” So yes, maybe disgusting was not the correct word, but it doesn’t matter. Taleis doesn’t matter. “Besides, that much stupidity is unforgivable.” He adds on, but he doesn’t put any real emotion into the scathing remark, because he’s busy scrolling through his phone. He finds a good RV (but for the love of god, couldn’t they have one where there were two beds? Apparently not), and taps on the phone number. He prefers to text, but it really can’t be helped.

“Hello, I’d like to reserve the type C RV—yes, that one. As soon as possible. No, I’ll come for it myself. Thank you.” He flicks off his phone, slipping it back into his pocket. His fingers tap against his thigh as he walks, and then he turns to Taleis.

“If anyone asks, I’m twenty years old. Got it?” He says. Just to make sure he won’t slip up.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 4/13/2014, 12:02 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis throws his head back and laughs. he throws a wide grin at benjamin before skipping ahead, humming some made up tune. this is going to be awesome. taleis will totally win. he will destroy benjamin, because taleis is the king of annoying. benjamin doesn't stand a chance.

he vaguely pays attention as benjamin calls to reserve an rv, duly wonders if maybe the phone call will be enough to attract a monster or something. his blood is thrumming because he's out, finally, he's going to get away from camp and he'll finally have more adventures and he'll get to do things, finally. the only thing that could make this better is if he could play music, but taleis supposes he'll have to wait until they can drive for that (he's got the best of his cd collection in his backpack, jack's mannequin and the 1975 and los campesinos).

"yeah, uh-huh, twenty, got it," taleis says, shooting benjamin another grin and waving his hand in his general direction. as if he'd sell benjamin out now. maybe later to get him off of his back, but they'll need to get the rv first. after that, taleis would totally be fine with letting benjamin get arrested or something. that would be absolutely wonderful, wouldn't it?

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 5/6/2014, 7:37 am

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin narrows his eyes at Taleis. He's pretty sure that Taleis won't give him away (what good would it do him?), but he's not 100% sure. Taleis is more annoying than Louise or Ian ever were, but Benjamin thinks he's clever enough to go along with the ruse, as long as it benefits him. He looks away, sinking his teeth into his lower lip thoughtfully.

"How old are you, anyway?" Benjamin asks. He thinks the shorter boy is about Benjamin's age, but then again age is a tricky thing, and although he'll never admit it, he's been wrong before. He remembers Erin, and how the premature wariness that was clear on her face aged her. She was younger than he'd thought, but it didn't really matter to him because it didn't change her in his eyes at all. He fights against the tiny surge of affection that threatens to pull the corners of his lips up.

Taleis can't see that, he's not allowed to.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/6/2014, 8:38 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis thinks he sees benjamin's lips twitching in the corner of his eye, which, gross. he glares down at a small rock a few steps in front of him, kicking it as he walks past. benjamin cannot be smiling. unacceptable. he needs to be grumpy at all times because of how utterly and totally annoying taleis is.

"'m eighteen," he says, shrugging slightly. he doesn't bother to return the question to benjamin. with anyone else he would have made an attempt to be nice, but benjamin is not anyone else. he is benjamin holmes and he is obnoxious and taleis is trying to be as annoying as possible so he will leave, yes. that, right there, is an absolutely brilliant plan.

taleis hopes he'll be able to make it home in time for lucy's birthday. he comes every year, of course, but she's always dead surprised. probably because taleis hides behind a door or under a table and jumps out at her, something like that. it's honestly the most adorable thing taleis has ever seen.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 5/7/2014, 7:48 am

benjamin

holmes

Benjamin watches Taleis kick a rock childishly, something like a pout on his face. He smirks smugly until Taleis says how old he is. Damn. He's older than Benjamin by almost a year. Benjamin's not sure why that upsets him, but it just does. Like a gnat, buzzing too close to his ear. He shoves the annoyance away, taking a sharp breath of the cool, crisp air.They walk in silence for a long while, and Benjamin's glad--it gives him time to think.

Soon, however, the dirt path widens onto a road, and the road leads to the city. Bronx, if Benjamin is correct, and he is. Clearing his throat, he tells Taleis so. "Bronx is up ahead. We'll take a bus to Manhattan, upper east side. That's where we'll pick up the RV." He slips his fake ID from his pocket, wiggling it between his fingers. "Normally, the service only rents to people of twenty years of age or higher, but I can get around that." He puts the ID back in his pocket and hesitates.

In a rare show of charity, he tentatively offers, "I can get you one if you'd like. For, you know, drinking purposes and whatnot. I've got a contact in Queens." He can't quite keep the shyness from his tone and expression, but he's pretty sure Taleis won't pick up on it. The only people who could (probably) are Victoria, and maybe Erin. Mark could, too, but. But that was insignificant now anyways.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/8/2014, 5:57 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis tries his hardest not to roll his eyes until he remembers, right not trying to be nice and all that. he rolls his eyes so hard it hurts, but, whatever. "and why wouldn't i already have a fake id?" taleis asks, too lazy to pull it out of his backpack. "honestly, benjamin." gods, he is such a d*ckhead. taleis has got "contacts" of his own in back home, thank you very much.

taleis can hear city sounds getting closer and closer, and he feels his heartbeat speed up. camp's loud during the day, but it's too quiet at night. taleis has lived in the city for his entire life and it's almost hard, honestly, to fall asleep without the sound of cars driving by his window. and it's too dark, too. not that taleis is afraid of the dark, but it's kind of always bright in the city. he's never alone in the city.

at camp, taleis feels so alone sometimes that it's terrifying.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 6/12/2014, 9:56 am

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 2 Tumblr_m806b7j14h1qzrqgko4_250
    benjamin holmes

any thoughts of charity evaporate in benjamin's mind, and his shields fly up again. he adopts his cold, aloof manner again. "whatever," he says, "just don't ruin this." taleis seems to perk up, and benjamin hears the sounds of the city, the loud honking of cabs, the screeching of wheels, heavy drills working on cement. an unwelcome feeling of nostalgia makes itself known. he misses london, misses his city. he misses the crimes there, misses mark.

he shakes these feelings off, shaking his head almost imperceptibly. now's not the time for reminiscing, it's the time for escaping. "right so, we'll get the rv--" he pauses there, giving taleis a stern glance, "and we're going to take turns driving, i might add. anyway, we can go get food or whatever it is you need to survive." he waves his hand airily, his tone lofty
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 6/14/2014, 12:01 pm

I'm not whole.

"as if i would," taleis mutters, because, really. the whole running away thing was his idea, and it was benjamin who screwed it all up by butting in. son of athena be damned, benjam surely must be an idiot of he thinks taleis would screw up his own plan.

"you sure you won't drive on the wrong side of the road, foreigner?" taleis asks, silently cheering for himself. that was a great comeback. taleis is the best, and benjamin stands no chance of winning this war they have going on.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 6/14/2014, 12:13 pm

oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 2 Tumblr_m806b7j14h1qzrqgko4_250
    benjamin holmes

he had heard taleis's little mutter, so he shoots the shorter boy a withering, burning look and says, "as if i would." gods, taleis is insufferable. they've reached the city, reached the beginnings of busy streets. tyche must be on their side today, because a bus slows down a few metres away from them.

benjamin would rather take a taxi, but this will do. his long legs take the steps two at a time, and he sits in the first open seat nearest to the front. the bus smells of sweat and cleaning chemicals. a tiny smile quirks the corners of his mouth up; it's not that far from london's double deckers.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 6/16/2014, 7:18 am

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT HEY LOOK
    oh, you waste it all (aka running away from camp for cheap thrills) - Page 2 CBkSRyi
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 6/17/2014, 3:46 pm

Taleis Heap

Son of Clymene

"sure," taleis says smugly, "whatever you say. my aunt still drives on the wrong side of the rode and she's been living in california for years." alright, maybe she doesn't do it often, but, whatever. it still happens, sometimes.

he follows benjamin up the steps and into the bus, attempting to take the steps two at a time because benjamin is not allowed to one-up him. you know, taleis is a pretty tall guy. he is not short. but then there is benjamin with his stupid legs. gods, taleis hates him so much.

and he even sits at the front of the bus. like, who even does that? there are some perfectly good seats in the back. taleis would sit back there, but of course benjamin has graciously not told him where their stop is, and taleis would really rather not get left on a bus wandering around new york city when is destination is california, so he sits next to benjamin and pouts at the back of the bus driver's head.

© albatross, © sherlock

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 6/25/2014, 7:05 pm

benjamin holmes

benjamin makes a point of not speaking to or looking at taleis for most of the duration of the bus ride to queens, preferring to tap away at his phone. as they near their destination, he reluctantly clears his throat in order to get taleis's attention.

"we're getting out at queens, got it?" he says, sounding bored. he doesn't wait for taleis to answer, just stares out the window resolutely. his fingers tap restlessly on his thigh. the bus screeches to a stop (new york drivers were never known for their finesse), and even as the tyres stop squealing, benjamin leaps out of his seat, only too glad to leave. he hurries out of the bus, breathing in the fresh air.

well. fresher than the air inside the bus; no one in their right mind would call new york air 'fresh'. it's heavy with smog and smoke, and it's--it's slightly comforting. he's out of the camp, he's free again. he turns to taleis, the tiny smile vanishing from his face. "we've only got to walk a block or two, and the rental place will be on our right."

"not much cop, this caring lark."

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 6/27/2014, 4:16 pm

Taleis Heap

Son of Clymene

taleis spends the entire bus ride trying to ignore benjamin and stay as far away from him as physically possible. he will have to come in contact with him eventually, but unless those reasons are strictly for annoyance purposes, taleis is not interested in sharing any body contact with the enemy.

it's a huge relief when benjamin gets up to get out, but then he pushes past taleis. who does that? he could have, oh, you know, told taleis they were getting off and let him get out, but noooo. taleis has never in his entire life met anyone as annoying as benjamin, except for maybe sofie.

he glares at the back of benjamin's head as he rushes to catch up with him ('stupid tall people,' he thinks). except he doesn't really have much time to be angry, because he's out. it's not home, sure, but it's a city.

"yeah, yeah, whatever," taleis says, unable to hide the grin on his face. he's missed this. he's missed the dirty air and streets and the noise and the people. gods, he's missed being surrounded by people. he's always loved them, and sure, there are plenty of people at camp, but not like there are in the city. there are all sorts of people in the city, and there are so many of them. it's exhilarating, after being at camp for so long.

© albatross, © sherlock

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 7/21/2014, 5:27 pm

BENJAMIN HOLMES

ooc; time skip :))))

bic; benjamin's fingers tap in a discordant rhythm on the black steering wheel, pale blue eyes on the yellow dashes in the grey road. it's just dusky green foliage on the outside of the dull grey strip of road, seemingly forever. it's so boring, benjamin wants to cry (or he would if he had emotions like that). instead, he turns his head slightly towards taleis.

they've reached a tentative sort of distrust--they're not exactly actively trying to kill each other, but they're in no way on friendly terms of any degree. they're just... relatively civil. sort of. "when's the next turn? or road? or, god dammit, anything?" his sentence, which had started out polite-ish, dissolves into a restless, annoyed buzz. in some delirium of bad judgement, benjamin had placed taleis in charge of the map. his fingers tap faster on the steering wheel.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 7/28/2014, 6:51 pm

Taleis Heap

Son of Clymene

taleis frowns at the map, not quite positive he's holding it right. "see, i tried to tell you there was a slight problem with putting me in charge of the map which is that i cannot read a map, but you refused to listen to me," he huffs out. really, he should have been in charge of music. he's got plenty of cds.

but at least he's out. he can feel his bones settle into the rhythm of the wheels turning on the pavement, the slight buzzing noise worming it's way between his ribs. it's so - it's so freeing. he loves being on the highway, being headed off in whatever direction. literally, because as he cannot navigate a map, they're kind of lost. of course he hates the idea of being stuck with benjamin, but. but it's exciting, is all. there's an excitement there that wasn't before.

taleis loves it.

© albatross, © sherlock

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 8/3/2014, 10:14 am

BENJAMIN HOLMES

his fingers dig deeper into the steering wheel, going white-knuckled. he looks like an irritable cat, maybe. his normally plush lips straighten out into a hard, annoyed line. "well, can't you look it up on a global thing--" the name of the device escapes him for a second, "a gps? haven't you got one on your mobile?" his voice is a low, rumbling growl, eyes boring into the road. all of a sudden, something dark catches his attention, fleeting at the corner of his vision. he blinks hard, slowing down just a tad as he checks both the rear view mirrors. as much as he is loathe to, he asks taleis, "did you see that?"

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 8/7/2014, 4:53 am

Taleis Heap

Son of Clymene

taleis frowns at benjamin, prepares to fire back some witty response, when benjamin goes onto another topic completely. "no, i didn't see anything. i was too busy trying to not be completely baffled by this map to notice anything else, my bad." he squints at the map and holds it a distance away from his face. "seriously, what is it with all the lines on this. like, who even uses maps anymore? i didn't know these were things."

he wrinkles his nose at the map one last time before folding it up as best he can and pulling his phone out to pull up the gps option, when he sees something moving quickly out his window. his head snaps up to stare out the window. "okay, yeah, i saw something," he says. he can hear his hear beating in his ears.

© albatross, © sherlock

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/6/2014, 3:55 pm

strangely enough, benjamin doesn't even think of rolling his eyes at taleis' inane comment, because he's trying to decide whether to speed up or to slow down so he can look around for... whatever it was. "taleis," he says, "could you get the weapons in the back--" he doesn't get to finish because something slams into the left side of the rv. the rv makes a horrible creaking noise before righting itself, and benjamin barely manages to stomp his foot down on the brakes. thank the gods he chose to wear his seatbelt for once.

nevertheless, he unbuckles himself quickly, climbing out of his seat to get to the middle of the rv for the weapons. he doesn't spare a glance to taleis, because it's more important to be able to defend themselves right now. "taleis, are you alright?" he calls out, grabbing his sword from a bag on the couch in the middle.

Last edited by sherlock on 12/16/2015, 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 12/29/2014, 1:09 pm

Taleis Heap

Son of Clymene

maybe taleis lets out a high pitched shriek, whatever. it was scary, you have no right to judge, you'd probably shriek, too.

"fine!" he yells back to ben, heart thumping loud in his ears, blood pumping quickly through his veins. finally. finally, something exciting. "i'm fine!"

he jumps to his feet and runs to the back of the rv, bouncing on his feet excitedly as he waits for ben to finish getting his sword so taleis can grab his own. finally, finally, finally. the thrill of running away had started to wear off, and staring at the endless stretch of road in front of them and struggling to read a map was starting to get to taleis. he was made for adventure and excitement, not boring things like maps.

© girl almighty, © sherlock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 2:16 pm