A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A New Friend? [Finished]

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

A New Friend? [Finished] Empty A New Friend? [Finished]

Post by beanie 3/14/2014, 8:27 pm

Why am I supposed to wake up early today?

That was the first thing Andi thought when she woke up. And it wasn't a pleasant waking. Her husky, Riley, started barking as soon as the sun started to shine on her eyes. The brunette groaned, throwing her pillow over her eyes. Riley was not pleased with her masters reply. The mutt launched onto the bed and took the pillow by the mouth and tossed it to the side, leaving the girls face exposed. A sand paper tongue was slobbered against Andi's tan cheek, leaving it wet. The daughter of Apollo jumped up, pushing her mutt away."Okay! Okay! I'm up! I'm up!" She squealed, laughing at the same time. Only around Riley would Andi become slightly give tiny part of girl that was inside her. Fortunately, there was no one in the cabin, most of her half-siblings at the archery range or music room. She pushed Riley off her bed, slightly wincing when the husky's nails skidded on the floor. She walked over to her dresser, the occasional nicknacks on the top. Her looked at the only thing she liked in the dresser, other than the stupid paperweights that were there.

It was her favorite picture of her home. They were at Venice Beach, her mother had decided to take them there as a special trip. She looked at the younger version of herself, slightly smiling at how she happy she looked. How happy she was. In the picture, her mother had Andi, who was 5 at the time, in her arms, smiling as much as Andi. Andi turned her head and saw the picture that she usually kept in her bag, the one if her, Ally, and her mother when she was 7. What she liked most about the picture was that her sorry excuse of a sh*ty stepdad wasn't there.

Snapping back into reality, Andi opened the top drawer and decided to go outside and do something productive. She changed out of her pajamas, an old t-shirt and pajama pants and tossed it aside. She threw a white t-shirt under an unbuttoned green plaid flannel. Her smoothed her black ripped jeans and slipped on her checkerboard high tops. The annual fight with her morning bed head took about 3 minutes, her brush ending up loosing. Andi sighed, then slipped a black beanie to see if it would stay in place. She sneered in disgust when she saw that one of her half-sisters had left her a note allowing her to borrow her make up. Andi threw it onto the girls bed, not wanting to even think about putting a spot of make up on.

"Come on Riley." She whistled to her dog, making her way to the doorway, her acoustic guitar in her hand. The dog scampered after the girl, slipping through the door before Andi. She closed the door to the Apollo cabin and plopped down on steps. The dog layed down in front of the girl, panting slightly. Andi strummed a major chord, liking the sound that came from the guitar. She continued to strum, earning some compliments from the demigods that passed her. She wasn't used to praise from a lot of people, so it made her nervous, which didn't happen often. She continued to strum.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A New Friend? [Finished] Empty Re: A New Friend? [Finished]

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2014, 1:48 pm

It was a hot day. Okay, Nico had had hotter days, but today was right down scorching.
    He had exited the massive Hades cabin that morning at 5 am and had come back only to eat a very thin breakfast at the Mess Hall: a toast with bacon, washed down with a little cup of citrus juice, and that was it. Three years ago, he would have wolfed down everything he could have found, but now, he had learned to suppress his body's needs to a point where he had kicked down hunger as much as possible, which had led to him growing skinnier every day. He just had to brush his hand down the front of his shirt to feel his ribs despite the youthful muscles.
    After breakfast, he had quickly went back to his cabin to pick up a bit of ambrosia he had in a bag, in one of the drawers of the long ebony shelf shaped like artistically positioned human bones.
    To many, the Hades cabin looked quite scary. It was made entirely of eerie obsidian, with two braziers either side of the large door that flickered with greek fire. A silver skull was hung over the door like the stone owl over the entrance of the Athena cabin.
    The inside was no less welcoming. The floor was made out of the same stone as the walls and even with his shoes on, Nico could always feel the cold seeping through. It was not as cold as the Khione cabin -- those guys of course held the record -- but it was still cooler than the other cabins, he knew. There were several bunk beds pushed against the wall, made out of ebony and with dark covers. Here too, a brazier crackled with green flames, right next to a statue of Hades himself in his throne. There was one shelf, set against the wall, where Nico would put away his clothes and personal stuff. Not that he had loads of that. He only had a couple of T-shirts along with two or three trousers. There was this photo of him and Bianca he cherished but never looked at, and the Mythomagic figurine of Hades that had cost his sister's life. That too, he rarely looked at it, but if somebody stole it or he had lost it, he'd search ground and sky to find it again.

Now, once he had two squares of ambrosia in the pocket of his black jeans, he started heading towards the forest, his favorite part of Camp. There were a lot of shadows and he rarely met Campers. Perfect combination.
    But to get to the promising edge of the forest, he had to cross the Cabin's Courtyard. He put a foot outside and squinted in the blinding sunlight. Sometimes, he really hated the magical climate here. At least Camp Jupiter didn't have it.
    Nico immediately decided to head to the right, past the Iris cabin such as to stay in the shadows. Despite the heat, he wouldn't take off his aviator jacket, which partly covered his black shirt printed with dancing skeletons.
    He moved almost noiselessly, his feet crunching some grass. The shadows seemed to cling to him as he advanced, and he held the pommel of his stygian iron sword in his hand. He was so lost in thoughts that he stumbled against a girl from the Apollo cabin who was strumming chords on her guitar, and her dog, a husky, barked angrily at him. The grass around his feet withered as a reply to his surprise.

"I'm sorry," he coldly stated, brushing his jacket with the back of his pale hand.

beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/15/2014, 3:49 pm

"Huh?" Was all Andi said when she felt a body collide with her. She fell back but quickly got up. She she turned her head away from who ever was standing over her and checked to make sure her guitar was not broken. Riley was wildly barking at the stranger but Andi would deal with that later. Right now, she was focused to making sure her guitar wasn't broken or dented. She checked the front, it seemed okay. The brunette flipped it over to the back and saw a giant indent in the back. Andi snapped and turned her attention back to the stranger.

"What the he-" she stopped what she was going to say when she saw the person who was standing in front of her. It was a boy with black hair, a black t-shirt, a jacket, which was odd in this hot weather, and black jeans similar to Andi's but not ripped. He looked familiar to the girl, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Then it came to her.

But that didn't matter to Andi. Even though he probably didn't mean it, him colliding into her caused Andi to almost break her guitar, a gift from her mother. She first quieted her dog down, only to have still growl at the boy. She faced him, anger could be seen in her eyes."What was that for?" She screamed/yelled at him. Andi glared at him."You should watch were your goin!" She continued to glare, then she just realized what she just said. Her expression softened a little."Oh uh." She rubbed the back of her neck, a little embarrassed."Sorry dude, I uh, you probably didn't mean it" she held her hand out awkwardly."I'm Andi and I think you can guess that I'm an Apollo kid" she said sheepishly. She just then realized how hot it was and took off her beanie, leaving her wild hair messy as usual.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 12:52 pm

The girl fell to the side, her guitar under her. Nico gritted his teeth as he heard a wooden crunch... that couldn't be good. When the girl flipped the instrument over, he could see the large dent in it and bit his lip.

"What was that for?" the girl shouted. "You should watch were you're goin'!"

Nearby demigods started to stare.

"I'm sorry," he mouthed. He just wanted to do one thing: get away from here. Despite the success of last year, when he had brought the zombie army to help Olympus's troops and everybody had suddenly found him cool, he still disliked being in other's presence. Well, having to be. And with the other persons looking at him and the angry girl... he just didn't feel good.

The girl looked a bit embarrassed at her own shouts and dropped her gaze, softening a bit.

"Sorry dude, I uh, you probably didn't mean it" she finally said, then held her hand out. "I'm Andi and I think you can guess that I'm an Apollo kid."

"Yeah, that I guessed," he mumbled. He didn't really know what to think about the hand she had extended, but he knew he was forced to shake it. Innerly sighing, he took her hand, which was very warm against his glacial skin, and pressed it for half a second before putting it back into his pocket. "I'm Nico."
    He didn't say he was the son of Hades. He was tired of seeing the surprised expressions turning into something less nice.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/16/2014, 2:19 pm

The boy, who Andi learned name was Nico, gave Andi's hand a little shake. Her hands were warm after playing her guitar in the sun for a while. Nico's hands, on the other hand, were cold. It gave Andi goosebumps just at the touch. Andi retracted her hand away when Nico pulled away and stuck it in her pockets. She bit the inside of her mouth in confusion. Nico. Nico. Nico,where has she heard the name before? A puzzled expression came to the girl's tan face as she tried to put the pieces together.

Then it came to her like a lightning flash.

Nico was a Hades camper, the counselor she thinks. One of her half-brothers had pointed him out in her first week at camp. He had said how bad he was, how he once tried to destroy the camp or something like that. But his description of the guy made him a little interesting to Andi.

Andi snapped back to reality. She looked back up at Nico. He had an uncomfortable expression on his face. She cocked an eyebrow and turned her attention to the crowd of demigods that was watching them.Did she attract them when she yelled?the brunette questioned. Then she noticed there not friendly gazes on Nico. She glared at the crowd, narrowing her eyes into slits. Some of the demigods' eyes opened wide and ran away. Some just walked away and acted like nothing happened. She turned her attention back to Nico, a nonchalant expression on her face.

"It's okay about the guitar thing. I'll just have some campers at the Hephaestus cabin to fix it." She told him. She wanted to make him feel better about the whole situation. An awkward silence came to conversation, except for the growling coming from Riley. Andi turned her attention back to her dog, kneeling down to her length. She quieted her down, scratching Riley behind her ear, causing the dog to start panting.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 5:47 pm

Demigods were still staring, and Andi gave them the scram-look.

"It's okay about the guitar thing," she then said. "I'll just have some campers at the Hephaestus cabin to fix it."

Nico watched the point of his shoes, not really appreciating being talked to, he felt like people were trying to be nice just because he was the son of Hades, or because he looked.... tired? Depressed? Reclusive? All of that together? He knew that people looked weirdly at his eyes, a child's eye where there was that streak of maturity mixed with an intense glint that made most people feel quite uneasy.
    Grass started slowly withering around him.

"Yep. Still sorry about that," he breathed, then looked up. "Do you really think the Hephaestus kids can manage it? I mean.... It's pretty dented."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/16/2014, 7:27 pm

"Do you really think the Hephaestus kids can manage it? I mean..... It's pretty dented." Nico had asked.

Andi's gaze went from her husky to her guitar. Even though it looked pretty dented, she had actually seen it much worse than that. Not to mention, she had to get it fixed before by the campers so she knew what they were capable of. She looked back at Nico."Ya, I know they'll be able to fix it. One time Riley here," she motioned down to her dog, "had accidentally bit the bridge and it looked worse than this." she explained, laughing a little at the memory of Riley almost losing her teeth when she had bit onto the hard piece.

Andi stood up and brushed off some dirt off her jeans. She studied him slightly. He was looking at the ground and had an uncomfortable expression on his face. He looked...Sad? Uncomfortable? Anxious? She couldn't exactly pin point what he was feeling.

Riley had walked up to Nico, from what Andi could see she had thought the mutt had warmed up to the boy, and started sniffing him. Andi inwardly laughed and pulled her dog back by the collar. "Sorry bout that, shes, uh, trying to get used to you could say." she said, patting her dog's head while looking at the dark haired boy.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/19/2014, 1:28 pm

Her gaze went down and Nico could see she was re-evaluating the damage. Then she looked back up with a carefree expression.

"Ya, I know they'll be able to fix it. One time Riley here," she motioned down to her dog, "had accidentally bit the bridge and it looked worse than this."

"Oh really?" Nico asked with sudden interest. He wondered what might be left of the guitar if Mrs O'Leary bit the bridge. But no, that was a mean thing to think about, the poor girl would have splinters sticking in her mouth and tongue, not to mention the rather.... chewy.... strings.

The dog started sniffing him, and Andi pulled her back, smothering a smile.

"Not to worry," Nico said. "I'm surprised she sniffed me. Normally animals take a whiff and retreat."

Well... over-world animals. Underworld animals were just fine around him.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/19/2014, 4:25 pm

Andi looked back up at Nico. "Not to worry," he said."I'm surprised she sniffed me. Normally animals take a whiff and retreat." The brunette giggled at his response. She didn't understand why many people didn't like him, he seemed like he's a nice guy. Well, when he didn't have that sad expression on his face."That actually means she likes you." She stated, giving him a small smile.

Andi took a glance back at her guitar. It wasn't badly damaged. The nylon strings were still in place and if the girl tuned it, she was sure it would sound the same as before. Except the would be a dent in the back of the black hardwood base. She bit the inside of her cheek, wondering something.

She whipped her head back at Nico, her brown locks following."Ya know, you didn't really damage my guitar to much. I'm sure it still plays fine." She explained, shoving her hands into her pockets."Why don't I play a song for you?" She offered, her gaze set on the ground, waiting for his response.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2014, 12:16 pm

Surprisingly, the girl chuckled. "That actually means she likes you," she said, and Nico's eyes got round. The only dog that had ever liked him was Mrs O'Leary. And Cerberus, of course. But apart from that? No animal ever got near him. The cats he had tried to pet would scratch him and hiss.

"Is your dog somehow.... Does she have some connection to the Underworld?" He asked Andi.

The daughter of Apollo was now tuning her guitar, then made something that looked like a hair flip to Nico and said: "Ya know, you didn't really damage my guitar too much. I'm sure it still plays fine."
    The son of Hades couldn't help but think she was saying this just to be nice and to prevent him from feeling guilty. Heh. At least she was trying to be nice. She surprised him though by asking if he wanted her to play something for him.
    Not really having a choice right there, he shrugged. "Yeah, why not."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/23/2014, 12:53 pm

Andi looked back up at Nico, a shocked expression on the girl's face. She didn't think that he would accept at first, but she was glad he did. A happy expression replaced her shocked one as the brunette patted the spot next to her. Riley layed down in front of her master, yawning.

Andi first started tuning her strings, making sure they sounded like they should. Every so often, she would have to sweep her bangs from her eyes. Sometimes she would sneak a glance at Nico, watching her expression. "No, last time I checked she has no connection with the Underworld, at least, I think." she stated, not looking up from her tuning. "I found her when I was 6 on the streets of San Diego when she was a pup." She made sure to leave out the part about how it puzzled her that a small pup had survived the heat by themselves. It was a mystery that she wasn't sure she wanted to figure out.

When she was finished with her tuning, Andi positioned her guitar, ready to play. She looked up Nico, signaling him to not talk. She plucked the first note of the Iron Man Theme. She always liked the tempo of the song, liking fast songs. The song was short but quick. As soon as she finished, Riley started howling, causing her master to laugh. Though, Andi didn't look up to meet Nico's gaze, staying quiet. "What do you think?" she asked after a moment of silence.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/30/2014, 10:45 am

Nico leaned against the hot, golden wall of the Apollo cabin. Andi had sat back down, made her dog sit in front of her then had started tuning her guitar, adjusting the tuners on the headstock. It was not the first time he had listened to somebody tuning an instrument but for some reason he did not get impatient. It rather fascinated him, he couldn't play any instrument. If he could, he thought he might go for bass guitar, or a normal electric one. But playing music was not really his thing, at least not for now; he had too much things on his mind, too much things to deal with and to think about, and so much stress. Perhaps it was the reason he found listening to the tuning quite relaxing, even if it wasn't always harmonious.

When she was done -- she had done a very good job of tuning a dented guitar -- she gave him the now-I'm-going-to-start-look and Nico crossed his arms, still leaning against the golden cabin, his ears acute. Andi began strumming her guitar in quick strokes, one of her hands dancing up and down the fretboard and neck in changing grips, while her nails tickled the strings rapidly. The song was nice, harmonious and had somewhat epic accents as if it came from a famous video game or a famous movie.

It lasted a couple of minutes, Nico respectfully keeping silent, then he curved his pale mouth into a very light smile as she finished.

"What do you think?" she asked, not looking at him.

"It's nice," he replied. "What is it called?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/30/2014, 7:12 pm

"It's nice." Andi's gaze met Nico's gaze, a shocked expression planted on her tan face. What surprised her the most was a small smile that shown his teeth. He smiles? she thought, her shocked expression growing. She had just met the boy but not once has she seen him smile.

'I-Its the Iron Man theme song." she stuttered a little, snapping back to reality. Despite the howling from her husky, she could surprisingly hear his question well. But the howling was getting quite annoying. The brunette started to scratch behind her ear, replacing the howling with panting. Wait, were they there before? she wondered as she noticed that she was being watched. Sometimes, having a loud dog can be annoying.

Andi gave them the scram-look she gave the other demigods before. When the two were alone again, Andi turned her attention back to Nico. "I hope you liked it." she told him, brushing some stray loose hairs out of her eyes. "Do you play any instruments?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/4/2014, 4:48 am

OOC: Arf, finally internet connection!

BIC: Nico almost chuckled at Andi's surprised expression; it looked quite funny.

"Ah, Iron Man," he said. "Often heard about it, never saw it."

Quite honestly, he had had other things to do than watching movies in the last time....Ever since he joined Camp, to be exact. When he had been in Lotus Casino, he had been completely immersed in a fascinating game universe where he had discovered MythoMagic, a game he had very soon gotten addicted to.
    Then he had been brought to that military school, before having been taken to Camp... losing his sister a week later, then going off on his own and meeting Minos.

Ah, sweet memories....

He shook his head. "I don't play any instruments, nah," he replied.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 4/4/2014, 7:34 pm

Andi couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed when her brown eyes caught Nico chuckling. Looking down, Andi couldn't help that she was embarrassed, very embarrassed. He's probably laughing at me. she thought. There was probably a little red color creeping onto her face, but Andi refused for Nico to see it. Her brown locks covered her face as she tried to recover from her mortal embarrassment.

Luckily, Andi recovered quickly. Even though she hated to admit it, she hated being laughed at. It made her feel like she did something stupid. She hated doing something stupid or feeling stupid. When she looked up though, a small laugh erupted from her.

Her lovable mutt was laying down on Nico's feet, relaxing. As much as she hated it, she felt a little jealous that Riley liked someone as much as her. Then again, the husky does like another person as much as her, but it was a close friend so she'd let it slide. Though she just brushed it tot the side as she pulled her husky away from Nico, giving him some space.

"I guess she really likes you." she told him, putting an emphasis on the really.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2014, 7:53 am

Andi had flushed a little and looked down when he had smothered a chuckle and Nico felt a bit embarrassed. It hadn't been his goal to make fun of her.

But before he could say anything, Riley came back to Nico's feet and laid down, relaxing, which made Nico really uneasy. He was so inhabited to mortal animals disliking and shunning him that this sudden affection made him totally clueless. Fortunately, Andi ended his embarrassment by taking Riley away by the collar.

"I guess she really likes you," she said.

"Yeah, seems so." He replied. "I'd introduce to my pet -- well, she's not my pet, it is kind of complicated --but that would scare your dog off."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 4/5/2014, 10:42 am

"I'd introduce to my pet -- well, she's not my pet, it is kind of complicated --but that would scare your dog off."she heard Nico say. He has a pet?Andi thought, scratching Riley behind the ear. Her husky just yawned in response, it's long tongue stretching out. She would've never guessed that he would have, a pet. Or at least, be very close to an animal other than Riley.

"I'd like to meet your pet someday." She gave him a small smile.

OOC: short
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/8/2014, 6:50 am

"I don't think you've seen her," Nico replied, "and if you did, you'd try to kill her."

He looked at yawning Riley, comparing in his mind her fangs with Ms O'Leary's. Really no match for a mortal dog.

"Her name is Ms O'Leary and she's a hellhound as big as a tank. You might've seen her around, she used to belong to Quintus, the old fencing teacher. Percy Jackson kept her after he died, and I kinda take care of her, sometimes. She's pretty cool."

He remembered when he and Percy had shadow-traveled to May Castellan.... Ah, all dem fun memories. The sun was really starting to get hot and it made Nico's skin crawl unpleasantly, even more in the proximity of the Apollo cabin.

"Alright, I'd better go," he said. "It's getting a bit too hot here. So yeah, get your guitar mended soon, have a nice day, and all that stuff. Ciao!" He added in Italian before walking away, his pale skin looking a bit unreal in the sun rays.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 4/8/2014, 7:40 pm

Andi glanced back up at the dark haired boy. The way that he described his pet, it made her Riley like an ant. "Quintus, huh, never heard of him." She said nonchalantly, still scratching Riley behind the ear.

"Alright, I'd better go," she watched as Nico stand up. "It's getting a bit too hot here. So yeah, get your guitar mended soon, have a nice day, and all that stuff. Ciao!" He sauntered off, leaving Andi a little puzzled. He speaks Italian? she thought. The brunette shook her head with a smile. Neve know what to expect from that guy.

Getting up, Andi slung her guitar over her shoulder. Might as well follow the guys advice. "Come on Riley." She ushered her mutt, clicking her tongue against the top of her mouth. It's a trick Andi just taught her companion, so the girl had to wait until she heard the scamper of Riley's claws against the wood of the porch. Slowly, she sauntered over to the Hephaestus cabin, hoping that there was at least someone who knew how to fix a guitar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 5:17 am