A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Height is the one for me (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Height is the one for me (private) Empty Height is the one for me (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 10:03 am

Her thin fingers were clamping the narrow grip at the side of the skene's facade, her nails painfully scratching the wall while her feet danced from hold to hold underneath her. Pulling herself up towards the sky, Lee was acutely aware of the tension in her arms and thighs, and the film of sweat that had started coating her brow. Her short, unruly black hair was messed up by the wind, but she didn't mind. She was only one meter and a half away from the roof when she stopped in her tracks, blowing at a wild strand that had fallen onto her pointed nose. Could she do it?
    Yeah... she probably could.
    Next thing she knew, she was on the roof top, crouching. It had lasted a second, but she could feel the drain of energy her power had triggered in her stomach.  
    Lee rose, staring at the world at her feet. Up here, the wind was more vivid, without being strong. She was standing on top of the skene, with the stage and tiers in font of her, the climbing wall rumbling and spitting lava behind her, the canoe lake at her right and the hills and forest at the horizon.

The daughter of Hermes let a wild smile spread her lips. The height got her blood racing. Up here, she could even feel the radiowaves much better than on ground level...
    A gust of wind tore at her dark green top. It was open behind her, showing most of her back and thus the tattoo that was now spinning and pulsing with her elevated pulse, black against her reddish-brown skin.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Height is the one for me (private) Empty Re: Height is the one for me (private)

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 10:16 am

Elijah was exhausted. Really exhausted. he had been training for atleast three hours. He wandered into the amphitheater, his hands shaking lightly from the sword fighting, his lips slightly quivering. The wind ran through his hair, and Elijah decided to take a seat in the last row. He had a fear of heights, yeah, but his exhaustion pained his sides, and he staggered to the top stair. He panted at the sight of the open area, and the eyes of the son of fire set on a girl standing on top of the skene. Was she out of her mind? he thought and scrambled towards the wall she had climbed up on.

"Hello?!" he shouted, trying desperately to get her attention. He wanted to shout again, but his voice cracked. Elijah was scared of heights. He would never make it up there. So although he thought she was out of her mind, he still respected her for getting up that far. She had black hair and dark skin. I guess she looks kinda pretty... he thought, but shook his head and manned up a bit. "W-What are you doing up there?" He said and his voice croaked with pain. His throat hurt, and the strong winds nearly blew him away. He was utterly useless at this point of time. The loud shouting of the other Kids around him were muffled in the Amphitheater, it was almost completely silent. He sat down on the wooden stage, panting heavier this time.

Last edited by PJROX1 on 4/14/2014, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 10:56 am

"Hello?"

The voice echoed underneath her. Lee looked down and saw a guy, a bit older than her looking up at where she was standing. He looked quite shaky, as if he had run 20 miles without stopping. For a splitter of second, the Amerindian girl thought he might report her...but even if he did, she didn't care. She was used to punishments and detentions, they were the price of fun.

"W-What are you doing up there?"

"Chilling!" Lee grinned. "Wanna come up?"

She crouched down at the very edge of the roof. Knowing she could fall down if she bent forward a tiny bit more made that wild feeling raise her heartbeat, adrenalin pouring into the web of her veins.

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 11:02 am

Elijah jumped at the sudden remarks of the girl.
    "First of all: I'm an ADHD kid, I can't really...well, chill. Second, I'm a child of Hephaestus, so what does that tell you?" he said, his voice eventually feeling normal again.
    He grinned up to the girl. He didn't know her yet, but she seemed quite cool. And brave, of course. "How did you get up there, anyway?" he asked, his mind racing, trying to figure out how this girl got up there. He saw a few possibilites, but even strong climbers would have some difficulty getting up there. "I mean like...Seriously, dude. I-I mean..girl." He stuttered, emberassed slightly at his little 'dude' remark.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 11:40 am

Lee laughed as he mentioned he had ADHD.

"And what do you think made me climb this building up if not hyperactivity?" She called down to him, before frowning in a malicious way. "What's the problem with being a child of Hephaestus? Can't you guys climb buildings? Nothing easier."

OOC: short. Sue me.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 11:46 am

Elijah's mouth curled into a smile, his eybrows yet forming a light frown at the girl. "Hephaestus children usually have a fear of Heights." He said. He took a deep, deep breath before beginning to climb slowly. He didn't look down, and after what seemed an eternity he arrived at the top. He scrambled towards the girl, his hands desperatley grabbing at the little ridges that were embedded on the surface. He shuffled towards her on his bottom, his green eyes sparkling with fear. He gasped at the view. his heart began to race, and he was about to move away, when he realized the girl was still sitting next to, him. "I-I'm E-Elijah." He said, still panting. he stuck out his hand and managed to smile a bit.

OOC: haha, I probabaly won't. Calm yourself. :D
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 11:56 am

The daughter of Hermes rose her eyebrows. "Never heard that one," she admitted.

Slowly, the boy started climbing up the wall, using the biggest grips and holds. His hands, toughened by forging, were not easily scratched, but Lee could see he was afraid. When he arrived near the top, she bent forward and extended her hand to drag him up, after what he sat down on the tiles, before shuffling towards her in seated position. Lee noticed he had bright green eyes, like the grass in the plain near her rez. It was a rare color, and she felt a bit jealous; her eyes were a dull dark brown, mistaken for black the most time.
    She sat down next to him and hugged her knees, balancing on her toes, the wind tousling her short hair.
    Suddenly, the boy stuck his hand out: "I-I'm E-Elijah," he stuttered.

"Oh," she said, surprised by the formality of the handshake. She clasped his hand. "I'm Lee. Hermes cabin."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 12:02 pm

Elijah was happy that she was there, he would never manage up here alone. Gosh, he was afraid. It took him a while to relax.The wind in his hair was actually quite a nice feeling, so he layed down, his hands behind his Head. He smiled at her. "It isnt' actually so bad up here." He said, but fear was still pumping through his veins, making him shudder every time something moved in the distance. His brown curly hair felt less sweaty as the wind ran through it. His muscles tensed as he felt his hands slip a bit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 12:14 pm

"Is this the first time you're climbing?" Lee asked, scooting closer though keeping a reasonable distance. Her malicious gaze moved fast as she was checking for little bulges in his pockets that might indicate a phone, a key, some drachmas, or anything, really, that she might steal. "I do it all the time," she continued, grinning. "Most fun of all is at my school. I get detentions for it but who cares."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 12:17 pm

Elijah caught himself quickly and poked Lee in a friendly manner. "You should." He said, grinning like crazy. "So where are you from, Climber Girl?" He asked, admiring the way her black hair flew in the strong wind up here. He had to admit she was pretty. Elijah smiled, knowing she would never know this.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 12:34 pm

"South Dakota, earthling," she replied. Her gaze had caught something that looked like coins in his pocket, but she kept a perfect PokerFace while still staring out at the horizon. "What about you?" she asked as she pretended to dust the tiles next to her but in fact swept her hand with extreme speed and dexterity into his pocket and retrieved the two drachmas that had been there, stuffing them into her own pockets. She had learned all kind of tricks to steal from people, and this was among her favorite: noiseless, fast, nothing obvious. If in addition she used her speed power it became practically undetectable.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 12:42 pm

Elijah raised an eyebrow and felt Lee's hand wonder to his pockets quickly and smoothly. he pretended he didn't notice, but could not contain his bright smile. He grinned to her from the side. "Smooth Move, Lee." he said and moved his hand slowly to her own pockets. Nearly there, he moved his hands back again, smiling like mad. "C'mon, pass them back." He said.

OOC: Sorry for the shortpost, next one is going to be a bit longer, promise. :D
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/14/2014, 12:54 pm

Lee made a face and fished one drachma from her pocket, pressing it into his extended hand. His skin was warm and callous, probably from blacksmithing the whole day.

"Here you go," she said. "And you still haven't told me where you're from."

OOC: Same here! XD
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/14/2014, 1:09 pm

Elijah smiled at her. "Actually, you can keep it." he pressed them back into her small hands. He felt a desire to hold them tight. Woah, there, Elijah. You only just met this girl. Hold your horses and slow down a bit. "I'm from sydney." He said, noticing that he actually had had two drachmas in his pocket, not just one. His arm flung around her, and he smoothly picked the remaining drachma from her pocket. He dangled the drachma over her head. "Caught 'ya red-handed, Lee." He smiled and laughed. He felt so free up here, he didn't mind being so straight-forward with this girl. He hadn't developed a crush on this strange yet somewhat intresting girl...though he felt like that might change quite soon, if he spent more time with her up here. He laughed. This laugh felt really good-like it was freeing him of all the stress that lay on his strong shoulders. He wished he could freeze this moment forever. He felt happy with her. Like she was a long known friend. Sure, The Son of Fire had a lot of friends, but he wanted Lee to be one of them very soon. Maybe even more, if he thought about it.

Dude, this is going to fast. a voice in his head said, and he knew it was true. But somehow, he shook the feeling away.

OOC: Probably last post for today, I still need to study a bit. :D

Night, Night. Are you online tomorrow?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2014, 4:01 am

"Sydney," Lee said, "Like Sydney, Australia?"

He suddenly lunged and picked the drachmas from her pocket.

"Caught 'ya red-handed, Lee," he said.

"Dude, that was all there was. You don't have a phone or anything else in your pockets right now, do you?" she grinned, taking a coin from her pocket and flipping it upwards, before catching it with her hand.

The Amerindian stood up, the tattoo following her spine twirling and spinning as she stepped forward onto the edge of the roof, her toes already out, only her heels keeping her from falling down. She had sat for way too long and her ADHD came knocking at the door. She rose a foot, keeping her balance with only one heel and retrieved one of her knives from its place in her shoe before starting to toy with it in a hyperactive way. She needed to move, to jump, to do things. She turned to Elijah and grinned.

"First one back on ground gets two drachmas from the loser," she challenged him.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/15/2014, 4:16 am

Elijah smiled. "I have back pockets on my jeans you know. He slippedhis hand into his back pocket, and took out a necklace with a ball of fire on it. He slung it around his neck, the red blaze matching with the plain dark purple t shirt he was wearing. His jeans were hung relatively low, and he still had his hands in his pockets.

"First one back on ground gets two drachmas from the loser," Lee said to him, and he smiled brightly. He might have a fear of heights, but he excelled at climbing things, which was a bit odd. He grinned. "1...2...3...GO!" He said and smiled, quickly scrambling down the wall, and jumping from surface to surface, smoothly making his way down to the bottom.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2014, 10:09 pm

"I know you have back pockets but seeing you're sitting, mate, it would have been a bit difficult."

He took out a necklace and passed it around his shoulder. Lee's hair and shirt moved in the wind. Elijah stood up and let a wild grin on his face before yelling: . "1...2...3...GO!"

Both dashed towards the roof's edge. Lee flipped over and literally jumped to one hold before jumping the last meter to the ground, her feet connecting with a thud that echoed through her calves.

She grinned at Elijah. "I thought you had fear if heights. How come you're climbing down that quickly?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/16/2014, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/16/2014, 1:01 am

"Well...To be honest I don't know." He said and scratched his neck, slightly embaressed. "Really, i....I've always been a good climber, when I'm alone, I'm usually better." The Son of Fire stated, the blush fading in a mere amount of seconds. He slipped his hands into his pocket and dangled the two drachmas infront of her, smiling. "There, Climber girl. Happy?" He said laughing. He made his way to the seats at the back, shade sheltering the wooden steps. He sat down at the highest, grinning.

"Come on over, Lee." He said. "I wanna' know more about ya'." He said, smiling politely. "Like, I still don't know what your favorite food is dude! That's an Important fact!" Down here, Elijah was alot more open and houmorous. He also could let go of the feelings he felt on top of the skene. He shook them away, not knowing why he felt them up there. He shrugged and carried on smiling at Lee.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/16/2014, 5:59 am

The daughter of Hermes pocketed the drachmas. "Thanks, earthling," the Amerindian grinned, as the Hephaestus boy made his way up the klimakes, in direction of the back seats.

"Come on over, Lee." He said. "I wanna' know more about ya'."

Creepers, she thought, nobody had ever said that to her. She jumped up the stairs like a little pixie and stood in front of him.

"Like, I still don't know what your favorite food is dude! That's an Important fact!"

Lee smirked. "Sandwiches with citrus jelly and mustard," she answered. "Tasty dish. I'm sure Sherman agrees with me."

Sherman was a boy from the Ares cabin she had once played a prank on by replacing his pick-nick chicken-cheese sandwich with a mustard and citrus jelly one. That look on his face, dear Hermes,....
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/16/2014, 6:04 am

Elijah was confused at first, then laughed. "Sherman?" he said. "Is that your brother or something?" He said and smiled. He fiddled with his screws and bolts in his pockets, and then built a small ball, that if you threw up, it would slowly float down if there was wind. He grinned and built another one. He threw them up both into the air, smiling like crazy. He looked at lee. "Want one?" He said and raised his eyebrows.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 10:10 am

"Sherman, my brother? Hella no there, sir!" Lee exclaimed, faking a shock expression. "Sherman's an Ares. I took care of his picknick sandwich once. Twas fun!" she grinned.

Elijah was building a small ball out of screws, bolts and metal that he drew from his pockets. When he was finished, he threw it up but instead of falling and breaking apart on the ground, the ball started floating down.

"Want one?" he asked.

"It looks cool. Can it do other things apart from that?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/17/2014, 10:21 am

Elijah glanced to Lee as she said: "Sherman, my brother? Hella no there, sir!", and then added, "Sherman's an Ares. I took care of his picknick sandwich once. Twas fun!" then grinned. Elijah had to smile aswell.

"It looks cool. Can it do other things apart from that?" Lee asked. Elijah grinned.

"Hell yeah! If I had a bit of greek fire, it could spit that out, I could buidl in a camera to spy on people, and many, many, many other things. I'm a Hephaestus kid, I could basically build everything with the right blueprints and supplies!" He said, slight proudness slipping into his voice.

He was proud that his heritage was such an awesome god. Ugly maybe, but his father gave him brilliant abbilities. That ball of fire he could summon? Awesome. Being able to build tons of stuff in a matter of minutes? Even better. Impressing people? Totally radical. Elijah frowned, and instantly felt old fashioned saying the word 'Rad'.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 10:58 am

"Hell yeah! If I had a bit of greek fire, it could spit that out, I could buidl in a camera to spy on people, and many, many, many other things. I'm a Hephaestus kid, I could basically build everything with the right blueprints and supplies!"

"Everything?" Lee skeptically asked. "Even a bulldozer-tank programmed to water a flowerbed but that could also turn into a rocket and fly straight through a supernova?"

She knew that Beckendorf, the former Hephaestus cabin leader, had been the best engineer she had ever seen. He'd build so many things! But Leo, the scrawny new guy, was also quite impressive. The Argo II, good job, mate.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/17/2014, 11:11 am

Elijah grinned as Lee said: "Even a bulldozer-tank programmed to water a flowerbed but that could also turn into a rocket and fly straight through a supernova?".

"Heeey, I said 'Basically', but no. Probably not." Elijah answered, grinning again. "Anyways, want one now or not, girl?" He asked,still grinning like crazy. He tossed one up again, this time it flew up higher, and landed snugly on Lee's head. The thing was light, so it wouldn't hurt, but elijah was laughing loudly. "Hey, you have something on your head, climber girl." he said, and softly plucked the sphere of her head, untangling it safely from her hair, then sitting down again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 7:25 pm

"Heeey, I said 'Basically', but no. Probably not." Elijah grinned. "Anyways, want one now or not, girl?"

"Sure," Lee replied. "I mean, it's pretty cool. Let's just hope my brethren won't steal it too quickly. But either way, what do I care, I can steal it back."

That was basically what Hermes children spent their time with: stealing, pranking.
    Lee was no exception.

Elijah tossed another ball into the air, which somehow landed on top of Lee's head.
    "Hey, you have something on your head, climber girl."

He bent forward and untangled it from her short black streaks.

"Thank ya," she replied, grinning mischievously. "So how many of those are yoy selling?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:10 am