A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The new kid [Finished]

Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

The new kid [Finished] - Page 3 Empty Re: The new kid [Finished]

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/18/2014, 6:33 pm

Nathan's clouded head left his reaction time slow and then next thing he knew, Chiara had stabbed him in the gut, his armor blocked it briefly but it hit a weak point that didn't last long. Even after the hit from the hoplon, Nathan stood there, trying to register that he had just been stabbed. All he new at that current moment was that he had to give a strike back before he fell. He wasn't one for pride, but he knew that he had to have the final blow in this somehow. Reeling back, Nathan threw a punch at Chiara's jaw, hoping to hit her before falling down in pain.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 6:57 pm

The black blade of her celestial bronze xiphos dug itself into Nathan's nightingale armor, slicing through his flesh as if it was butter. Chiara retrieved it, the good half of it red and sticky with warm blood. I won the fight, she thought with relish. I won it. It's even sweeter after the hotel and that kiss....
    Just at that moment, Nathan hit her square in the jaw, sending the short girl backwards, hitting the sand heavily. In her mouth, Chiara tasted blood. Rolling onto her side, she opened her lips and spat out a mouthful of the red liquid, tainting and coagulating the sand.
    Putting a hand to her jaw, Chiara felt cuts in her skin, rather deep for a punch, and when she looked at her fingers she saw that they too were covered in a film of slippery red.

She stood up, sand clinging to her clothes, her xiphos still in her hand. A droplet of coagulated blood fell onto the ochre ground. Nathan had fallen, and she could hear him breathing with difficulty. For the first time, it seemed, she looked at the deep stab in his stomach, blood coming out and coloring his armor; that sight was like a flashback. She saw herself at the battle of Manhattan, jumping down the chariot that had brought her and Namir to attack demigod foes. She recalled how she had tripped one up, caught his head in the crook of her elbow and sliced her xiphos across his neck.
    Yes but Nathan was not there. He's on the side of the Olympians.
    Chiara kept staring at his wound, her gaze absent. She knew she had gone too far, this was only training, but on the other hand, she had expected Nathan to block that stab. He had good enough reflexes... Which were weakened due to using his power.

A sharp breath intake from the son of Melinoe brought her back to the present and to the reality.
    Sheathing her blood-coated xiphos, she came over to him and knelt at his side.

"I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm gonna get you some help," she said, then passed an arm around his back, the other one under his knees, and heaved him up. It might not be obvious seeing Chiara was quite short, bit she was very strong for a girl of her age, due to work-out and constant physical exercise. Sure Nathan was heavy - more so with his armor - but Chiara felt she could do it.
    Holding him with sweaty hands, she carried him towards the refreshment table, where ambrosia and nectar were present, ready for use.

She laid Nathan down on a bench next to the weapon lockers and quickly unstrapped his breastplate with expert fingers, before fetching a bottle of nectar and pouring a couple if droplets into the wound. The golden liquid mixed with the blood and soon she could see the damage starting to mend, however she knew more had to be done so she took a pack of ambrosia, cut of a part of it with her throwing knife and stuffed it into Nathan's half-open mouth.
    John Samarintos

Male
    Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2014-04-13

Post by John Samarintos 4/18/2014, 7:09 pm

John watched as Chiara carried Nathan over to the refreshment table. John got up slowly, and painfully. Heading over to the table with the Ambrosia and Nectar. Once he finally got there he ate a small bite of Ambrosia, that tasted like his mom's brownies. It was the first time he has had Ambrosia and it was amazing. He wanted to eat more, reaching for another handful.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/18/2014, 7:45 pm

Nathan hit the ground hard and could feel himself struggling to catch a breath. The pain in his gut was over taking the rest of his body and if not for the blood that was leaking out, he'd be writhing in his own torment over the stabbed itself. He looked up for a blurred moment to see Chiara staring at him, dazed though as if she wasn't actually there. Nathan struggled for a breath that seemed to snap Chiara back to reality and even stranger, she helped him to the medical table that was installed at the arena.

Nathan winced as his armor was removed, and held back from jolting in pain as the nectar hit his wounds. Then he chewed the ambrosia slowly that Chiara had cut off and put in his mouth. He laid back, sweat beading down his head as his breathing stabilized. "It's...the last thing you want to hear...but thank you..." He said to her, barely audible as he tried to muster the strength to speak while the god food mended his wound. He was breathing normally and would be fine, but he needed to rest, here being the least optimal place to do so but at the same time he had no real choice in the matter.

Suddenly Specter climbed up the table and laid down next to Nathan's body. The cat watching the fight the whole time and knowing the pain that his owner and friend had just experienced. Sympathy of the beast so to speak.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 8:12 am

Out of the corner of her eye, Chiara could see John take some ambrosia, eat a bit then reach out to grab more.

"Careful with that," Chiara sharply said. "Not that I would care, but if you eat too much of godly food, it will burn you to ashes."

She looked back to Nathan's wound, passing the cotton wool slowly across the stab's lips to clean it. His raw flesh was vivid red, and the coagulated blood was so dark it looked black in some places.

His breathing was stabilizing, and a film of sweat was coating his forehead and cheekbones.

"It's...the last thing you want to hear...but thank you..." He suddenly breathed.

Chiara snorted, not looking at him. "If it had been up to me, I would've left you there," she retorted. "But I remembered that time with the two drakons, when you got me to the Infirmary...." She pushed his shirt up onto his ribcage and fetched some gauze, which she started wrapping around his stomach, heaving him up each time she needed to pass it around his back. "Just to be even, y'know? So next time we meet, I can kill you properly." She tied the gauze into a little knot to stabilize it. "At last." She pushed his shirt back down, not helping but noticing his frame. Dear Cratus, such a toothpick. Okay, he has the outline of abs but really, I wonder why the wind doesn't just blow him away.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/21/2014, 11:52 am

Nathan coughed up a short laugh before laying his head back down. "Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that." He told her about the killing comment before struggling to sit up. It stung doing this but at the same time he managed himself well enough. Reaching over he grabbed the crumbs of a piece of ambrosia and ate them knowing that they wouldn't harm him really. It was mostly for the taste that he got from them as well as knowing the little crumbs would take the sting out of his wounds when he walked around. "So, little miss blood bath, which fight did you prefer?" He asked her referring to the 1 on 1 they had without his powers versus this recent one. Granted they had an extra member in the mix but overall the fight was between the two of them.

Nathan petted Specter whom still sat on the table and then the cat hopped down and went on it's way back to the cabin. The cat knew this camp well because it roamed around a lot and didn't take kindly to strangers, so it knew it's way back on it's own.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2014, 6:38 pm

"Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that."

Chiara rose a copper eyebrow."Is that a challenge?"

With a grimace, Nathan struggled to sit up, and reached out to grab some ambrosia crumbs; Chiara let him do. With a bit of luck, he might have an overdose and burn down to ashes.
    Sadly, it didn't happen.
    Instead, he even seemed to be getting better. Dammit ambrosia.

"So, little miss blood bath, which fight did you prefer?" He asked.

Chiara immediately cringed at the word 'little' in her thoughts: being shorter than average, she had a light inferiority complex as far as her height was concerned, seeing a lot of people pulled jokes on her because of that. Nathan probably didn't know it, and perhaps it hadn't been his intention to make her feel belittled, but Chiara pretended he did, just because she hated him and was unconsciously searching for more reasons to hate him.

"Hell, I don't care," she spat out as he petted his black cat before it jumped off and walked away, swaying it's tail. "I beat you up in both, which is not much of a challenge, really. I much rather fight my brethren or other war demigods. Bia, Cratus, Athena, Phobos, Enyo, Eris..."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/21/2014, 6:44 pm

"It's funny that you say that and then the only two gods you list off that have any actual war titles to them are Enyo and Athena. I know you hate my kind but don't discredit me for being anything like them with fighting skill." He told her not letting her get off so easily. He noticed her slight cringe and wondered what he said to make her have such reaction yet at the same time he didn't hold the thought long. He knew she hated him, which made it much sweeter to him to pry an shred of respect out of her that she can give. No matter how small a victory is a victory, as he had it in his mind to believe that it definitely wasn't what he did with the drakon fight that left her saving his life. He wasn't so easily fooled by such a quickly thought up fib.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2014, 5:45 am

"It's funny that you say that and then the only two gods you list off that have any actual war titles to them are Enyo and Athena. I know you hate my kind but don't discredit me for being anything like them with fighting skill."

Chiara gave him an annoyed look and rolled her eyes.

"Of course, you gotta be a smartass too. Jesus." She stood up and put the blade of Deine across her shoulders with one hand over the pommel, the other one on the sharp tip. "Anyway, sorry to disappoint you hun, but Bia, Eris and Cratus accompany Ares to battle, and so do Phobos and Deimos, my half-brothers and his auriges. F*cking *ssholes, the two of 'em." She remembered when she too had been granted the honor of driving Ares's chariot when she had turned fifteen. Clarisse had been the first girl to have a shot in the last twenty or thirty years or so, but with the Titan war approaching, Ares had tested number of his children that way, including Chiara. Which didn't really please Phobos and Deimos, of course, who pulled pranks on every Ares child who tried to drive the chariot. "So they can be considered war gods, but Imma stop it here cause I hate getting into the definitions of things, like those smarty-pants Athena's do the whole day." That and the fact Nathan might prove her wrong. She made a twirling movement with her sword before resting the edge of the blade on her right shoulder. "And you call that fighting skills?" she taunted. "Please, my ten-years-old cousin could beat you up."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/22/2014, 8:45 am

Nathan rolled his eyes. He was about to say how being considered a war god and holding the actual title of a deity of war are two different things, but she changed the topic to taunting him about his skill. "Oh really, if it was so easy then you shouldn't have taken so long to "beat" me either time. Just admit that I'm better than most non-war children you've fought" He groaned a bit from the wound but it passed as he stood and began to walk over to his swords, grabbing them and sheathing them on his back sheathes.

(Blah short and lame is short and lame)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2014, 10:38 am

"Oh really, if it was so easy then you shouldn't have taken so long to "beat" me either time. Just admit that I'm better than most non-war children you've fought."

"Geez, aren't you a sweet piece of annoyance," Chiara retorted. "If you're so good, why didn't you beat me, huh? Why are you sitting on that bench because you were too sluggish to deflect my blow?"

He then stood up and went over his swords to pick them up, sliding them back into the sheathes on his shoulder blades.

"Not my fault you stupidly wasted your energy at the beginning of combat in order to show off like that other kid did."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/22/2014, 12:02 pm

"There is where you are wrong, child. I don't waste my energy. I use it to my advantage and plan what I'm about to do. My powers are meant to get me out of a tight jam or to confuse an idiot then take them by surprise. I can't control that I get a brain splitting headache using them, that wasn't my choice. But don't ever accuse me of showing off when I use my powers in a fight. Anywhere else by all means, but I never show off in a fight." He told her, standing tall and defending himself against her trying to accuse him of such an egotistic fighting style. He hated that people assume he's a show off just because of his teleporting ability, he's not. If it were up to him sometimes he questioned whether he even liked his powers because of the adverse effects, but he had them so he figured that he would use them to his advantage. It wasn't showing off, it was fighting smart. "And another thing. Teleporting is all I have, so don't you dare rope me in with those skeleton summoning Thanatos children that hide behind their undead soldiers. I don't have that and I don't want to be associated with such an annoying fighting style. It's pathetic really.." He told her as he contemplated whether or not to walk off on that final note.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2014, 2:34 am

"Oh look, somebody got his panties in a bunch," Chiara mocked. "Well since you didn't waste your energy and used it strategically, how come you lost? If you had used your powers efficiently, I should have been the one on that bench, not you."

She made her sword twirl around and put the blade back on her shoulder, testing the balance.

"If you don't win by using your powers, then sorry kiddo, you're waistin' your energy."

Chiara smirked as he mentioned she shouldn't associate him with the skeleton-summoning Thanatos children; he probably didn't know that she had herself the power to summon undead warriors.

"For training, it is pathetic," she agreed. "But for real battle, it's not. Nico Di Angelo proved that."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/23/2014, 7:26 am

"All powers have after effects. I can't pick and choose when they happen. I have a limit and the fight pushed me into it." He responded to her trying to claim that he wasted his energy because of the after effects of his powers slowing down his reflexes. If she'd only knew how long he has worked to get to limits on his powers to where such a thing wouldn't occur so badly.

"For training, it is pathetic," she agreed. "But for real battle, it's not. Nico Di Angelo proved that."

"So you're being either A: Hypocritical or B: Scared of Hades. Given his son respect for doing something on a larger scale that every Thanatos child and most other underworld kids can do. Rather strange since you hate the lot of us so damn badly." He responded
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2014, 8:56 am

"Just admit you weren't good enough," Chiara shrugged. "I got out of this just fine, without powers."

But when he said the last thing, she spun around, rage flashing through her green eyes. If anything, mentioning that made her think of why she was hating Thanatos and Melinoe kids, and it made her angry. Who did he think he was, talking about this like it was some kind of joke? In addition, Nathan was totally missing the point.

"You fail to understand that contrary to you guys, Nico didn't hide behind his powers, he used them effectively for battle. He didn't put up a line of undead people and cower behind them, letting them do the fighting. Hell, he fought. When it comes to a good battle, I don't give a f*ck who the god parent is. And I won't deny he saved us. For that bit, I respect the guy even if I don't particularly respect his father." She looked at the ground, imagining Hades's palace under her feet. Yeah, go ahead if I insulted you, she thought. Go ahead and take others from me. Why don't you take my mother, huh? Nobody needs that b*tch anyway. She kicked the sand. Can't hurt me anymore.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/23/2014, 12:35 pm

"And what you fail to understand is that I never hid from the fight. Not once did I expect someone else to fight for me, I did it myself straight up against you. I won't admit I wasn't good enough when even the best of people can get tripped up by something such as that. Take your gods damned ego and shove it up someone else's ass rather than try to throw your oh so mighty superiority around when you're nothing but a little girl pretending that she some big shot. How about you grow the fahking hell up." Nathan told her, trying his best to surpress the infuriated feeling he was mounting up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2014, 4:17 pm

"Haha, it seems the b!tch is begging on her knees for another stab," Chiara mocked. "And sorry, but what are you doing during training, when you use your powers, if not eluding the fight, huh? I could've used my powers plenty, but for once, I played fair. You should consider yourself lucky."

However, when he told her to 'grow the f*cking hell up', she immediately spun around and snapped back, her tone venomous.

"I have been in battles, kid. I have seen friends die and get maimed, I have seen my own brother, whom I had known for four years, get chewed up and swallowed by the Lydian drakon. I have seen more people die in the last two summers than most people in their whole lives." And when I got back after the war, my stepfather fell from a cliff in his car. "So don't lecture me about growing up, son of Melinoe. Not you."

She sheathed Deine, the xiphos's blade still sticky with drying blood, passed her Myrmidon shield onto her shoulder, picked her spear up and turned her heels, heading out of the Arena.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/11/2014, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/23/2014, 9:40 pm

"Why don't you go cry me a fahking river, you're not the only one to experience loss and you're certainly not the last. It doesn't give any hint of a right to act like you're the baddest mother fahker in this gods damned camp. I never eluded the fight, I played to my advantage the best that I knew how, it's called battle strategy. You win some, you lose some, and in case it slipped that thick skull of yours the first time we fought I didn't use my powers and I was more than an even match for you. But do you even pretend to recognize that. No. Because you're a selfish, self-centered, pridefully egotistic, ass of an Ares daughter. If there is anything that you got from your father it's how to act like you have any ground to stand on when you don't have a fahking clue about the other party at all. But I guess that's to be expected from a father that cares more for the sight of blood than he does acting like a person with common sense." Nathan snapped back at her. He was about to have to go again he knew, but he wasn't about to let this brat get off without sending her superiority complex through the shredder. If there was anything that Nathan had more skill in than fighting it was beating someone down a few pegs with what he had to say. He wasn't know for holding his tongue...especially not in these situations.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2014, 9:48 am

Chiara stopped dead in her tracks, gazing at the tunnel/porch that led out of the Arena. She stared at it without seeing for several seconds before slowly re-strapping her punk bracelets around her wrists and turning around. The daughter of Ares walked back to where Nathan was standing and looked up at his hazel eyes.

"You got a sister, right?" she said in a low voice. "How about I fetch a drakon to eat her up, to grind her bones and tear her apart? So you can cry me a f*cking river? As a son of Melinoe you shouldn't sh!t so happily on the ghosts of other people." Her expression got a bit less hard as she came back to her usual mocking tone. "Well if you applied strategy, hun, let me tell you that yours suck. Obviously it didn't bring much, huh? I mean, you didn't exactly win, so your strategy must be sh*t. And in case it slipped past your thick skull I didn't use my powers in any of the fights, and I still won. If you think you're a match for me, then you've never seen me on the field," she boasted. "Remember I was here ever since I was eight, I fought in battles and participated in combat missions, whereas you arrived what, a year ago? Please, b*tch, let me laugh." She rolled her eyes when he talked about Ares. "You people really need to get away from clichés," she replied, kicking at the sand. "Newsflash, kid, just because I'm the daughter of freaking Ares doesn't mean I want endless bloodbaths and massacres. My father, my siblings and I want to squash our enemies under our heels, not eternal war. Get that past your thick skull."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/24/2014, 9:57 am

"I don't sh!t on people's ghosts, but I don't take kindly to some pompous brat acting like she's got some kinda leverage. I don't give two fahks how long you were here, you're not the best one around here. And in case you forgot, neither of us one that first fight. And you call my strategy sh!t? My strategy saved your sorry hide from getting eaten by a drakon not but a very short while back. You talk a lot about how you're soooo gods damned badass how about you fahking prove it for once. I've saved your ass at least twice now and the only time you done a lick of sh!t to me is in this fight, and at the end of it all I still gave you a nice smack to your fahking jaw. Where was your high and mighty fighting skill when I laid you the fahk out with one punch after I had just been stabbed?" Nathan said purposefully avoiding the part about his sister. If she touched his sister he'd drive a sword right down her fahking throat and send her to hell.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2014, 10:18 am

"Oh, when did I ever say I was the best? I only said I was better than you, because it's true," Chiara spat back, her voice rising. "And how when I saved your sorry butt when you got kidnapped like a noob by the Laistrygonians, huh? When I pursued them to the airport with nothing but a f*cking BMX and managed to free you whilst fighting them? You might have had a flash of competence once or twice during the drakon fight, but remember who intercepted the acid with her shield? Not your f*cking self! Without me, you would have died at least thrice in the last months! Not to mention I at least had the guts to actually jump onto the drakon's head to stab his eyes out. And seriously, you're comparing the little punch you gave me with the stab I gave you? If you think that was a punch, you've never wrestled with any of my cabin mates. Sherman once cracked my cheekbone and forehead so hard I had to stay two days in the infirmary! Sure, keep boasting about that little slap like it's some great achievement, you can't do anything better than that anyway."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/24/2014, 10:23 am

"I could do better in my sleep, that acid block was pointless because of my powers, and in case you forgot, you didn't save me. You lost your parachute and I saved you. I manage myself just fine and you thinking that you have some kinda here say in that is a pointless load of bullsh!t that you keep telling yourself to keep your pride." Nathan snapped back briefly. Getting very tired of this load of bullsh!t she was trying to pass on as actual success. "Sure you jumped n the drakon, but I did just as fahking much in that god damn hell hole. If you can't recognize that then you're a short-sighted b!tch." He added on.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2014, 11:34 am

"Oh yeah, you're right. You would've totally survived if I hadn't got your ass from the plane." Chiara harshly replied. "Next time this happens, I'm just gonna fetch a bag of popcorn and watch you get maimed. And if you can't recognize how many times I saved your pathetic life, than you are the short-sighted sl*t here!"

She put her spear on her shoulder. "In the end, you're just like the rest of the noobs here. We give you a sword and your ego inflates like a hot air balloon. You haven't done quarter as much fighting as I did, and still you think you're any kind of position to claim you're better than me, and pretend you would've been just fine on your own. There's no point in arguing with somebody as close-minded as you, so I'll just say f*ck you, but have a nice day."

With that, she spun around and headed out of the Arena.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/24/2014, 11:36 am

"Even with experience you're no better than you claim me as being." He called out to her before leaving out another exit point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 3:46 pm