A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+55
~Corinthian~
Dorian678
VeryNerdyNerd
psychoanalyze
ch0nn13a
FerrymanOfHades
Catronus
aminj123
tonywang50
redline2400
The Cheshire Cat
Nerezza
BoboJojo2800
Neo1t
Blaze
moriarty
HaleyTheRandom
The Elven Hunter
PandaCubNinja
Shade
Jules
Josh
Brastus
calvin
honey
Drakus Lucien
TheAdventurer
Hexisdabest
Kwacken
Apollo134.20
Maddler
SY-yukikaze
Leo
DeadlyLynx
Green
Theseus12
TheProphetofLove
Liberty
Kendall
wolfhowller
Mason
Poptart
Sammy
jake.
NeverNoticed
High King Fridgeir
kayla
Rhyolo
Davis
Christian
John Samarintos
mabel pines
Milocross
Morgan Landry
Alpha Wolf
59 posters

Character Powers Discussion topic

psychoanalyze
    psychoanalyze

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2017-03-07

Character Powers Discussion topic - Page 11 Empty Re: Character Powers Discussion topic

Post by psychoanalyze 3/14/2017, 6:40 pm

So, I'm working on my first character, and what do you guys think would be some good powers for a child of Angitia, a goddess of healing and snakes, and presumably, witchcraft? Is she allowed as a godly parent, at that?
    VeryNerdyNerd
    VeryNerdyNerd

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2017-03-18

Character Powers Discussion topic - Page 11 Empty Re: Character Powers Discussion topic

Post by VeryNerdyNerd 3/23/2017, 3:05 pm

NeverNoticed maybe changing thing's colour (imagine them all touching Nico and making his shirt neon blue lol)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2017, 7:52 pm

psychoanalyze wrote:So, I'm working on my first character, and what do you guys think would be some good powers for a child of Angitia, a goddess of healing and snakes, and presumably, witchcraft? Is she allowed as a godly parent, at that?

I'm unsure about Angitia, as she is barely present in Roman mythology -- she's more of an Oscan-Umbrian goddess.
    Though her powers would revolve around treating illnesses and wounds, communication with snakes, maybe even controlling snakes?
    Dorian678
    Dorian678

Male
    Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2017-04-25

Post by Dorian678 4/29/2017, 10:32 am

For my first character I'm working on on this website. (I'm using another app that I'll copy and past from as you probably haven't noticed a new topic.) And it's been a while since I've roleplayed PJO and HoO. So I need help coming up with the powers for a child of Ares.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2017-04-04

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/29/2017, 8:15 pm

Hmm, Ares is the god of War so maybe give your character powers that help them in battle. Here's just a couple ideas I came up with.

- A War cry ability that makes the character fight better in battle.It could function like a berserk ability, allowing your character to be stronger and faster than normal for a few turns. For balancing purposes, after the ability is used, you could have your character either get tired easily or be sluggish for a while.

- A weapon enchanting ability. Maybe your character could imbue his/her weapon with a magical aura that let's them cut through tougher material. This ability could possibly be a bit OP but I think you could put some restrictions on it to make it work. For example, maybe you only get one slice with the weapon before the enchantment wears off. The enchantment could take two or three posts to cool down before you can enchant again.

- An intimidation power. You character could have the ability to strike fear into enemies hearts to discourage them from fighting. To balance this ability you can make it have no effect on children of War Gods, make it have a lesser effect on demigods than it has on mortals and maybe make it so that it has the potential to fail against powerful opponents and monsters. Also you could make it so that when the intimidation aura wears off, the enemy it was used on could have a stronger desire to fight you. I would recommend a three or four post cool down for this ability.

Feel free to use any of these ideas if you'd like. Make sure you run them by the admins though, because I'm not sure if any of those things are not permitted. Good luck with your character. Very happy
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/30/2017, 5:42 am

Hi!

Corinthian made some really good points :) The only one I'd be slightly iffy about would be the last one, because you'd control another character which counts as power-playing. Power-playing isn't allowed on this site :/

Apart from that, you can also have weapon manipulation, anger/aggressivity inducement (with a way to resist it so it's not power-playing), talking with Ares' sacred animals and commanding undead soldiers like Clarisse did.
    Dorian678
    Dorian678

Male
    Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2017-04-25

Post by Dorian678 4/30/2017, 11:43 am

I have a few questions so I don't muddy up my form too much when I complete it:
    1. Would speaking to one (or more but likely one) of Ares sacred animals be considered a power or an ability?
    2. For the weapon enchanting ability previously mentioned, if I were to do one slice per enchantment and a three to four (depending on the type of material) post cool down would that work?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 4/30/2017, 7:31 pm

Dorian678 wrote:I have a few questions so I don't muddy up my form too much when I complete it:
    1. Would speaking to one (or more but likely one) of Ares sacred animals be considered a power or an ability?
    2. For the weapon enchanting ability previously mentioned, if I were to do one slice per enchantment and a three to four (depending on the type of material) post cool down would that work?

1) Speaking to your God parent's sacred animal(s) would be an ability.

2) That sounds like it would work, but as you said, it would depend on the type of material (and to some degree the thickness of it). For example, I don't think we'd let you slice through other godly metal, and maybe slicing completely through a very large and old oak tree would be a bit much. We'll need to see the physical limits of the enchantment before that can be settled.
    Luna_Eternal_Heartache_
    Luna_Eternal_Heartache_

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

Post by Luna_Eternal_Heartache_ 5/20/2017, 9:19 pm

Could a child of Acheron control water to a certain extent? I'm talking about maybe, 10-20 gallons max. NOT like a child of Poseidon. And could they interact with ghosts/spirits? (technically being a child of the underworld).

Last edited by Luna_Eternal_Heartache_ on 6/8/2017, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Amberg16157

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2017-05-21

Post by Amberg16157 5/21/2017, 4:53 pm

If I were a child of Apollo what powers could I obtain?
    VeryNerdyNerd
    VeryNerdyNerd

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2017-03-18

Post by VeryNerdyNerd 5/21/2017, 5:41 pm

As a child of Apollo you can choose powers from one of his factors, like healing archery, and maybe for the sun (please tell me if this isn't allowed) controling light! It's your character so you can select the one you want.
    Luna_Eternal_Heartache_
    Luna_Eternal_Heartache_

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

Post by Luna_Eternal_Heartache_ 5/21/2017, 6:54 pm

No fire powers though. Leo
    Amberg16157

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2017-05-21

Post by Amberg16157 5/22/2017, 10:15 am

Very happy being a child of Apollo would be sick! rock baby
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 7/8/2017, 3:21 pm

Okay, so, I'm re-writing my child of Hecate, right? And I REALLY wanted to expand her form more on the powers section, but I'm having a problem with that.

Hecate is the goddess of magic, so that means just about unlimited possibilities, right? My question is what would those said limitations be? Also, does anyone have a good idea as to how Hecate being the goddess of crossroads could come into play as a character power?

Thanks in advance, loves.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/8/2017, 3:39 pm

For crossroads you could do a simple power where she can cause a simple decision to get complex and have multiple options as well, just to make things a bit chaotically fun.

As far as limits go you clearly cant have godly powers like summoning a hurricane or a super lightning storm and stuff like that. To be honest I use a random generator i found on a website for a lot of inspiration as far as powers go and simply alter them slightly to fit the camp. Most of the time they get approved so if you want the link to that I would be more than happy to send it to you.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 7/8/2017, 3:43 pm

Hmm... I like it.

Yes please!
    mehbeh1
    mehbeh1

Female
    Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2017-04-02

Post by mehbeh1 10/4/2017, 10:05 am

For a daughter of Apollo, since they do this in the books, could she be able to manipulate emotions through song? I know that it may be considered power-playing, therefore I'm asking before submitting the character.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/4/2017, 1:16 pm

Hmmmm.... it would be canon, indeed. I wanna say yes, but you always have to check if your RP partner is okay with it. And, you'll have to list which emotions she can induce in the character form, with limits.
    mehbeh1
    mehbeh1

Female
    Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2017-04-02

Post by mehbeh1 10/5/2017, 1:53 am

Thanks, Morgan! Very happy
    chcemcret
    chcemcret

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-12-03

Post by chcemcret 12/3/2018, 10:47 pm

okay, hi. i have a few questions.
    if i was to make a demigod of Aristaeus (god of bee-keeping, cheese-making, herding, olive-growing, and hunting), as powers, would the demigod in question be able to call bees to his side in battle? not out of thin air, obviously, and the bees would lose interest after 5-15 minutes. with the same godly parent, would the demigod also be able to grow olive trees to trap opponents? not circles of them around the other person, but saplings to fill in places at the sides of forests, if one was nearby, so the enemy can’t run into said forest? Aristaeus is also proficient in hunting, and therefore the demigod could use those skills (making nets and traps) to further corner enemies?
    i don’t know. Aristaeus just seemed like a cool, minor god that would be a cool godly parent.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 12/14/2018, 6:39 pm

I don't see why any of those powers would be a problem .

Just be sure and keep your limits reasonable.
    chcemcret
    chcemcret

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-12-03

Post by chcemcret 12/17/2018, 3:35 am

alrighty, thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 8:08 am