A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Lindsey's Bunk

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Lindsey's Bunk  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lindsey's Bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 8/4/2014, 5:50 am

Sawyer grinned as she followed Lindsey out of the cabin; to be honest, she was kind of glad to leave the Nemesis statue behind, with its threatening, judging eyes. The sun rays filled her eyes and she protected them with a hand, stepping down the short stairs into the cabins's courtyard. Once she was accustomed to the light, she put her hands into her pockets and strode with Lindsey towards the Hephaestus pavilion.

OOC: Do you want to keep posting here or post at Sawyer's bunk?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/4/2014, 2:05 pm

OOC: Sawyer's bunk I think would be best
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/5/2014, 12:22 pm

OOC: Jake just posted at her bunk. Let's just keep posting here.

BIC: As they reached the low Hephaestus cabin, the metal slated walls gleaming in the sunlight, Sawyer grabbed the wheel of the huge circular door and turned it to the right, gems blinking and smoke hissing into the air. Inside, it was warm and smelled of motor oil. Weapons hung on the wall, ranging from common swords to spiked nunchakus and hammers with bladed heads. A circular staircase led to an upper floor and a basement. Sawyer stepped down the stairs into the basement, and stood in front of a part of the wall.

"Bunk 1-D," she articulated, pressing her large calloused hand against the wall. A blue light scanned her palm then, with a row of mechanical sounds, the wall slid aside, revealing a large empty room coated in stainless steel.

But it wasn't empty at all, and both of them knew it. Sawyer could feel the network of sensors and magnets woven into the walls, ceiling and floor, buzzing in her thoughts like the soft purring of a cat.

"Room: game mode," she said as the wall slid back. The buzz in her thoughts intensified until it became a physical sound, the walls vibrating and rearranging themselves. The wall screen activated itself, the other walls becoming darker as her bunk slid out of the floor and folded itself into a country-styled couch with foot rest. Another part of the wall glided to the side, revealing two gaming paddles Sawyer had made herself, while she went to get soda and snacks in her fridge.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/5/2014, 1:26 pm

Lindsey still found this place to be amazing, a true wonder of technology and hard work. Everything was so complex and intricate. Far beyond the understanding of anyone who did not have the good fortune to be a son or daughter of Hephaestus. Their works where always amazing.

Sawyer's room always appeared empty, barren like a desert and lifeless as a sterilized room. Yet, that wasn't the case everything was hidden. It always took her breath way when everything unfolded upon command.
    "I might have to ask you to redecorate my cabin while no one is there to object" Lindsey said as she whistled admiringly at everything in the room.

However despite how wonderful the room happened to be, it was equally as loud. "I have always thought you could try and make the transition to be a little quieter?" She suggested, hoping that her friend would one day be able to find a way to make it quieter or preferably silent, because that would be so awesome as a empty room silently transformed into a game room, or a kitchen, or a bedroom.

Sawyer's room never failed to be a place of excitement with things to do and games to play. It felt far more alive than Lindsey's whole cabin, which was an easy feat even when the Nemesis Cabin found itself to be fully populated. "So anything you want to do now that we are here? Or are we going with the original plan?" Lindsey asked now that everything had quietened down once again she could ask questions, be able to hear her answer and far more importantly hear herself think.
    She smiled at her friend, Sawyer never failed to be fun to hang out with.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/11/2014, 12:45 pm

OOC: The room transitions are done by magnets and pulleys. You don't hear much more than the little buzz I described ^^ It's not loud, it's just deeper in Sawyer's head because she's a daughter of Hephaestus.

BIC:

"Let's stick to the original plan," Sawyer grinned, opening a can of Sprite; the fizzy liquid tickled her tongue and throat in a refreshing way. She took one paddle, put her ax aside and sat down heavily next to Lindsey.

"Call of Duty: modern warfare," she told the wall screen.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/11/2014, 12:51 pm

OOC: I see.

BIC: "Sure" Lindsey say with a nod to her friend, she picked up her own paddle, studying the buttons for a few seconds familiarising herself once more with the layout. "We fighting cooperatively or against one another?" She inquired, wondering if she would have to face her friend.
    It would be easier to fight alongside Sawyer, the pair of them could communicate better that way as well as use all manner of insults against their shared foes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/13/2014, 7:06 am

"Together of course," she replied. "I dun like to play against pals. Crisps?"

She put a package of Pringles between them and started the game, crossing her ankles.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/13/2014, 11:01 am

Lindsey declined her friend's offer of crisps, though she did enjoy pringles she just found herself to be not hungry. "I'm fine but thanks for the offer" She said focusing her attention on the game as it started. It had been a while since she last played this game with Sawyer. Lindsey put the reason for that on the fact that Sawyer went back to school where Lindsey remained on Camp.
    "Have you ever thought about staying all year round?" She asked her gently wondering what her response to it would be. On one hand it might be safer for her to remain in the Camp, the same as it was for every Half-blood. Yet outside of the Camp, in the real world, or more normal world the monsters presented a threat of danger that could appear at any time. Learning to live with that unfortunately that was something that couldn't be taught at the Camp, that skill must be learned.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/15/2014, 1:42 pm

"Yeah, I have," Sawyer said and bit into a crisp. It crunched against the roof of her mouth. "First time when I was what, fifteen, b'cause a telekhine had attacked me when I was swimming. Almost lost a leg. Spent four weeks in hospital. And last year too, because of, y'know, the war and stuff."

Last year, Beckendorf had still been alive, she bitterly remembered. His death had been a hard shock for everyone, but most of all for his girlfriend and his siblings. Sawyer had always felt very close to him, he was the older brother she had never had. Sure, there was Jordan too, but Beckendorf had this calm, reassuring demeanor that had made her feel really home in the Hephaestus cabin.

"I don't stay here because of my mother and school, though," she replied, shooting at an enemy until he fell down. "I can't just drop out and only Iris Message my mom."

It was weird to call her "mom", she had always called her "Mama", in Portuguese. She was very close to her mother and Lindsey knew it. She was probs among the only ones, either way. People found it weird that a huge, overmuscled girl like her who felt teeth knock loose when she gave somebody a tap on the cheek could be a momma's girl. The teeth-loose-knocking wasn't her expression though, it was her friend Jianguo Yu who had made the joke once
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/15/2014, 4:00 pm

Lindsey listened quietly to her friend as she answered her question. On the screen, Lindsey took down a pair of soldiers with three shots from her shotgun. She generally went for the short ranged weapons whenever she played with Sawyer, Lindsey liked to fight up close and personal.
    Best way to end the fight by being up close, striking hard and fast. Shotgun, best tool in the game for close quarters.
    "It is not really that bad staying here" Lindsey began a counter argument after letting Sawyer reach the end of her answer.

"I mean just using Iris Messaging isn't that bad". Lindsey stayed at the camp despite being on good terms with her father. "We keep in touch and well... He is safe there besides..." She paused as she chewed a crisp, swallowing she continued. "I need to train so it all works out in the end"
    Lindsey had her character on the game take cover while they reloaded their weapon. "Why are their never enough rounds in these guns?" She questioned loudly, growing bored of the reload time and picking up a dropped rifle, before firing a burst over the cover.

Maybe a bit of her own explanation for staying on the camp all year round was to justify it to herself, regardless it would be great if Sawyer chose to remain her with her all year round. Of course, though if Sawyer was happier going to school and spending time with her Mom, then Lindsey couldn't object. She wanted her friend to be happy of course, she wouldn't be her friend if she wished otherwise for her.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/21/2014, 4:38 am

"I know, it's really great here. You guys are my family," Sawyer relied, shooting four soldiers with her AK-47 before reloading. "But Iris-Messaging ain't enough, I need to look at people physically, not through a computer or rainbow. And training ... (She shot another soldier) .... I'm in the wrestling and karate teams of my school, so I guess its okay. That and I always train with my ax, even at home. Lets the stress out."

She took two crisps and chewed on them before drinking some Sprite. A soldier came at them and she fired at him, having him drop dead on the ground.

"I might spend some more time here though, help with the preparations and stuff. "
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/21/2014, 10:34 am

"Your not going to go all soppy on me now Sawyer? We've still got a swarm of bad guys to put down before you can go all sissy" Lindsey teased as she cut down a trio of enemy soldiers before tossing a grenade.
    "Cover me" She said as she sprinted towards the enemy, she took a couple of hits her portion of the screen going red before taking down one of them in close combat, picking up his weapon and emptying the rest of the clip into his companion.

"I see well you've got to keep yourself fit and ready for the fight" She said in reply to her talk about what teams she was in at school. "It would be good if you spent more time here be nice to have my best friend around"
    Lindsey focused on the game, she was never really good at saying such personal comments, probably because of her difficulty to trust people.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/22/2014, 5:28 pm

Soppy? I was talking about my mom," Sawyer chuckled, her voice deep and gruff as she took down five soldiers in a row, then got hit. Her AK-47 was empty and she reloaded it, hiding behind a wall of brown sand sacks.
    She stopped though to smile at Lindsey. "Yeah I guess it'd be cool," she replied. "War's more important than school either way."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/22/2014, 5:57 pm

"I've never met your mom but she sounds cool" Lindsey replied. "I think they are trying to out flank us" Lindsey directed her character to open fire on the enemy, keeping their heads down.
    "War is the best learning experience because you have to win or die... Most cases in training it is rarely life or death" She muttered grimly. "We will win".
    To Lindsey it was that simple, they would win. They could not afford not to, it was not like there were anywhere for the Demigods to retreat to if they lost.
    Quite simply the words 'Not A Step Back' came to mind with great relevance to the current situation. When your back was against the wall, you had to fight with all your might as there was no where to retreat to.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/24/2014, 5:27 am

"War is the most pointless thing in History," Sawyer commented. "It may be a learning experience for the lucky survivors, but what about the dead, huh?"

She reloaded her AK-47 again, shot in a horizontal line at the enemy before ducking, taking a grenade and throwing it at them

"The only lesson one should learn from war is to not do it again."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/24/2014, 5:44 am

"Nonsense war is a fact of life, it is waged on territory, resources, for vengeance and even to rescue people such as in the case of Helena of Troy" She argued. "Even animals wage war, never on the scale of humans mind but they still fight for resources, for territory and for mates".

Lindsey had found herself another shotgun, one with a large clip so she was happily blasting at anyone within range. "War is eternal because conflict is, there has to be a balance between peace and war, just like between good and evil".
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/24/2014, 6:25 am

"You can look at it that way, but how exactly do you call the fact that a handful of powerful people send thousands of human beings to kill each other when they could've been best friends, for territories they won't even setta foot in?" Sawyer shot back, killing a soldier who was coming at Lindsey. "Wait until you see your friends, your family die, Lindsey," she bitterly said. "Then you'll see how utterly pointless war is, how ridiculously senseless. People kill others because some rich bloke told them to. Their so called enemy on the battlefield, the soldiers never wronged one another. It's just the rich guys at the top wanting more, always more, money, territory, resources, so they can get richer and more powerful. They don't care about the thousands of people they're slaughtering. To them, they're just pawns on a map, not human beings with a heart, a soul, friends, family." She tossed another grenade over the sand bags. "I get you like the concept of vengeance because of your mom and stuff, but she also represents justice. War is not justice. "
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/24/2014, 7:23 am

"I have lost friends!" She snapped back. "War is my vengeance and though I cannot ever end a monster I will kill the one that took them from me! He or she may return but even so I will take it's life in payment for those it took!" She stopped herself, Lindsey rarely ever lost her cool with Sawyer. "There is justice in a war and there is justice in peace without war one would never learn to appreciate the things they have in peace". Lindsey responded with a calmer tone this time, though her eyes still burned with a dark fury, under which barely held rage lay.

"Some generals and leaders care deeply about those that they send off to war... Some too much many leaders yes may well care only for their personal gain but what if the war is of self defence? Or a war against evil? Sometimes you may have no choice but to fight back" Lindsey sounded calm, it was eerie. She hated arguing with Sawyer or losing her temper with her. Sawyer was her best friend. In her mind she counted to five, inhaled, counted to five again before exhaling. Lindsey hoped that by continuing the conversation on in a more diplomatic fashion, Sawyer would not ask questions as to which friends she had lost... Or why the vengeance must happen.
    Maybe Sawyer already knew but did not want to say anything to her, in case Lindsey responded harshly. In the game she was taken down by a grenade blast. Her character drew their side arm, Lindsey opened fire with it, venting some of her anger out on the game.
    "Come on! I got enough for all of you!" She yelled at the screen.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/6/2014, 1:42 pm

"Woah, girl, calm down," Sawyer told the redhead. "Wars against evil are our wars, the wars we demigods lead against monsters. But in the mortal world, there is no war against evil." She shot a soldier that was coming at Lindsey. "Wouldn't it be easy to just round up the evil persons and lock them up in an underground cell forever? But there are no evil persons, because -- I hate to sound all philosophy-ish but here we go -- good and evil is in everybody and we decided where to draw the line."

She killed a row of soldiers with her AK47 before throwing two grenades.

"Now, would you like some more snacks? I raided the supermarket with the Stoll brothers last night."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/7/2014, 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/6/2014, 2:38 pm

"You cannot lock up evil for there wouldn't be a balance for every good deed there is an evil one too much of one is an injustice and upsets the balance." Lindsey responded, calming down when Sawyer told her. Sawyer probably was the only Demigod who could calm Lindsey whenever she became upset or angered. It showed how much that Lindsey respected her.

Lindsey shot her friend an exasperated look. "Again? You know that is illegal and wrong." She hated it when people stole things, it upset the balance of things in her mind, Lindsey did not wish to tell on her best friend or... Confront her about the action as she performed it.
    "The Stoll brothers and you should know better Sawyer." Lindsey said in finality hoping that it was the last she would hear of it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/7/2014, 5:31 am

"Aw, it's just a bit of fun, really. Plus, it trains stealth. Who knows, we might need it one day."

She paused the game and went to get some more snacks: crisps, nachos, crackers and biscuits, as well as cheese rolls and beef steak bites.

"Help yourself," she smiled and sat back down heavily on the sofa.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/7/2014, 5:35 am

"You know I hate it Sawyer." Lindsey kept away from crime, she wouldn't admit however that training in stealth would be very helpful. She stretched arching her back as she rolled her head loosening up her neck muscles. "Thank you." Lindsey picked up a cracker and took a small bite out of it, chewing it slowly.
    Swallowing she spoke. "Why did you have to steal them for?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/7/2014, 5:54 am

"Yeah, I know... But perhaps the shop keeper is acting like a pile of harpy dung and by stealing from him we're making the balance right again? I don't know, just a theory."

She took a handful of crackers and chewed on them, her big teeth grinding them. "Because we don't find a lot of snacks and such here at Camp, that's why. And c'mon, it's not like we were like, stealing alcohol or drugs or what." She took a couple of nachos and bit down on them.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/7/2014, 6:16 am

"Crime is crime no matter which way you cut it." Lindsey argued bluntly. She disliked stealing regardless of the reasons whether they where noble or not. "Just don't get caught." She informed her, Lindsey wouldn't lie in the defence of a friend, though she knew she would want to see them freed if she lied it again would upset the balance of everything. Besides eventually criminals got caught, their luck ran out or someone ratted them out
    Lindsey could never tell on Sawyer yet the stealing happened to be something that she could never support.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2014, 7:44 am

"I won't," Sawyer grinned, showing her white teeth.

She put her feet on the table and stretched, her large muscles contracting.

"Aaaooh," she yawned, "sorry, I've been a bit busy this night. Still tired."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 8:14 am