A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

making a sword

Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

making a sword Empty making a sword

Post by Rhyolo 7/27/2014, 10:54 pm

Rhyolo walks in and goes to work. He starts making a Celestial Bronze sword to use. He already has the hilt done but he has to work on the blade.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

making a sword Empty Re: making a sword

Post by Kendall 7/28/2014, 2:18 pm

Well. Aidan certainly hadn't gone to the forge in a while.

Why was she going there, when her sword was perfectly fine and she didn't need some extra weapon? She didn't know. Maybe it was idle curiosity that moved her from her cabin to the forge. Maybe not.

But here she was, basking in the warmth of the furnaces and fires just standing in the doorway of the place. It had been a long time since she'd last stepped in here, to sharpen Ifrit and just sit and be warm. It was usually hot in camp thanks to Mr. D's temperature control, but still, that had nothing on the burst of overly warm air from opening the door of the forge.

Out of the corner of her eye, as she stepped in, Aidan noticed a boy around her age making a sword. She couldn't remember how to make one herself; her sword would probably never break, so she never felt the need to supplement it with other weapons.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/28/2014, 3:06 pm

Rhyolo saw a girl walk in. "Hi," He said. The girl familiar to him. He might have seen her around the cabin. He hoped he had siblings at camp. So far he had met none.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/30/2014, 4:09 pm

Aidan turned her head fully to look at the boy properly -- he seemed slightly familiar, but not really. Probably somebody she'd just seen passing by while the girl was on her way to some activity around camp. Or maybe she'd seen him being harassed by Stella -- that was a possibility, albeit Aidan had long ago learned that the people she tried to help get away from her older sister weren't too keen on maintaining a friendship with their friendly neighborhood psychopath's sister. After all, Stella did have a streak for frightening away "undesirable" friends from her sisters, much to Aidan's exasperation.

"Hello. What're you making there?"
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/30/2014, 5:05 pm

"I'm making some katanna." He used his hand to heat up the metal. The bronze glowed a brilliant red. He pounded at the metal. The metal was being stubborn. He need more heat.
    Ooc can I see her form?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/30/2014, 5:40 pm

[ooc: http://www.camphalfblood.org/t37-kendall-s-characters <-- Do note that her form was from 2009, so it's not exactly... full of quality or accurate for her current characterization (ie: her "OCD" is not really OCD).]

"A... katana. Very nice." The girl glanced down at the blazing hot metal, feeling the heat emanating from the boy's katana blade. Frankly, Aidan had no idea what kind of sword that was -- the name was familiar, at least, so there was that. She'd never been in the least interested in combat; her fire powers were good enough to scare people off, and if needed (after a great show of mental conflict and worry), she'd ask Stella for backup. "You been in here for a while?"
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/31/2014, 10:58 am

Ooc thanks.
    "I've only been here 2 months. Also I'm Rhyolo, son of Pyriphlegethon." He stop his hand fire and extends his hand to the girl.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/31/2014, 4:12 pm

Aidan blinked, slowly reaching up to take his hand and shake it. So, that's why he seemed familiar: she'd probably seen him around the cabin but never paid close attention to him. The Minor Underworld Gods' cabin was, after all, very full most of the time; apparently those gods were popular with the mortals. Truly disturbing to think about, really.

"Oh, hey. I didn't know I had another half-sibling. Welcome to camp. I'm Aidan -- been here for... a couple of years now. Or something. I don't remember."
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/1/2014, 1:43 pm

"Yes I have a sister!" He was exited."How old are you?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2014, 2:27 pm

"I'm 12, going to turn 13 in a few months. And you?" Intriguing, truly. Aidan had never bothered to interact with her half-siblings besides Stella and Tempest, but that was because those two had the same mother as her -- they were forced to interact a lot. But godly half-siblings was something she never cared to search for -- was it nice to have other siblings? Sure. But she could never find them in the chaos that was the Minor Underworld Gods' cabin, so she never bothered.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/1/2014, 2:33 pm

"13 turning 14 in October. Just so you know I'm making this sword so I have options when I fight."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2014, 2:40 pm

"Well, yeah. Everybody needs options when they fight, I guess -- can't use your powers too often." Aidan folded her arms across her chest, glancing around the forge. It was pretty messy in here -- darned Hephaestus kids, not cleaning up their crap. It was disappointing, and secretly it made Aidan's heart ache at the lack of organization.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/1/2014, 2:50 pm

"My powers last for about three hours but, if I can't use them I can use this sword I'm making or my other swords."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2014, 5:26 pm

"And that would be very smart, yeah. None of us can keep up our powers all day." Maybe a god could, if they remained uninjured, but personally Aidan had never seen one in a fight and had no desire to do so -- they'd probably "accidentally" kill her due to some reckless oversight with their powers.

She snorted softly. It wouldn't be surprising if that happened, honestly."You been training your powers a lot?"
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/1/2014, 6:07 pm

"Yes. I actually learned a lot. I was using them to make the sword. I also learned I can drink my fire and change its color."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2014, 3:04 pm

"Why... would you ever want to drink fire? It sounds like drinking alcohol... only ten times more deadly." You could probably drink fire, Aidan thought to herself, but only once. Stella would have gotten a kick out of that. Aidan had never tried to experiment much with her powers; she knew she could make streams of it from her hands, maybe control already-lit fires too, but that was as far as she'd ever gone.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/2/2014, 11:13 pm

"I drink it to heal myself and or invigorate." He gets his fire and drinks it.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/3/2014, 2:52 pm

"I.... Oh. Interesting. But how did you learn that you could do that?" Did he just randomly decide Ah, whatever one day and dunk his head in his fire? Was he so desperate from water one day that he became delusional? Aidan thought these were legitimate questions -- people discovering their powers in odd ways always made for interesting stories.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/3/2014, 7:51 pm

"Dad told me. You didn't know? He is the god of the river of fire. His river heals the dead in tartarus."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/3/2014, 9:30 pm

"I've never gone to Olympus, so I wouldn't know what our potential is -- I don't try to experiment with my powers. I've seen how crazy people go over those, so I like to stay far away from that business." Aidan shrugged nonchalantly, scratching her chin to emphasize how much she didn't care. Or something. How was she supposed to react to some kid drinking his fire?
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/3/2014, 10:37 pm

"You mind if I ask you something?" He had a sister and he needs to borrow her fire to make the sword.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/3/2014, 10:49 pm

"I.... Er. Sure. Go right ahead, ask away." Unexpected, really. What sort of thing would he ask her about -- how to survive camp? How to fry a steak like it's chicken? Granted, Aidan didn't know how to do the latter thing at all (her mother did, however, much to her surprise and delight), but she couldn't fathom what he needed to ask her.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/3/2014, 11:02 pm

"Could you help me with this sword?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/4/2014, 10:05 pm

"Well, I don't forge weapons that much, but... maybe. What d'ya need?" Judging by the boy's progress, Aidan would say he was very close to done -- although she hadn't forged a weapon in nearly a year, maybe more. She was probably forgetting a few steps, tidbits and all, that she'd learned from a Hephaestus boy her first year at camp.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 8/6/2014, 10:31 am

"Can you help with the blade? I need more heat."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content