A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Numbing the Poison(Private)

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Numbing the Poison(Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Numbing the Poison(Private)

Post by kayla 8/3/2014, 3:05 pm

Leila listened to Colin's story and grinned at some parts of it and had to cover her mouth to refrain from guffawing out loud and wake up all the other passengers. Her face was red at the end of his story and she couldn't help but burst out laughing which made the people in front of them look back. She waved them off and apologized as she turned back to the son of Serket.

"Well that must've been a sight to see. Dangit I wish I was there to see it! But I did hear something about that when I was 13 too, something about a boy walking around camp in drag. A shame that I never got to see it for myself." She said with a sigh still with a goofy grin on her face.

"Other than English I know 3 other languages- 2 if you don't count Greek," She added. "I know Japanese and Korean since I'm made up of those two from my dad's side. What about you? Can Mr. Travel A Lot speak any other languages?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Post by Sammy 8/3/2014, 11:09 pm

"Beaucoup de langues, Miss Advil." He replied, smirking at her. "French, Egyptian, Arabic, Welsh, and a tad bit of Spanish," He answered, maybe exaggerating a bit on the Arabic. He was still working on the pronunciation. "I met a lot of people because of my Dad traveling all the time, and all the dinner parties we had, I had to learn how to be respectful young gentleman across many cultures," he said, nearly quoting his Dad in a bit of a humorous way.

The flight attendant came back at that moment, and Colin, after stupidly forgetting to bring a blanket and a pillow, asked the woman if she had any in the back. He turned back to Leila. "You want anything?" he asked, aware of the lady's fake smile widening while she looked at the daughter of Epione.

After she left, Colin continued to the game. "I guess its my turn," he said, taking a minute to think about what he would ask. "What's your favorite myth?" He asked, getting ready to take note of what she was about to say.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/4/2014, 1:35 am

She raised an eyebrow when he spoke in French rivaling his smirk with an amused smile. She was impressed he knew so many languages; she could barely handle four! Greek obviously came naturally to her but her family always spoked to her in mixed languages ever since she was little and she'd hear English, Japanese, and Korean whenever her family spoke to her. After going to elementary school she finally (and embarrassingly) learned that not everyone spoke that way and she had to spend around two years to finally separate the languages into three different ones. But still in random outbursts or frustration or intense emotion the words in her lips would become a jumble of all of them.

"Ah figures," Leila said when she remembered. Right. Businessman dad and frequent traveler, that made sense. Duh Leila. She liked it when he spoke French, maybe she could ask him to teach her a few phrases. After all, French is the language of love. She mused at the thought with an inward laugh.

"Just a blanket for me." She told the flight attendant with her smile breaking when she saw through the forced smile and frowned when she left. Did she do something wrong? She rolled her eyes at that and stuck her tongue out at the back of the retreating lady, leaning over Colin's lap to do so since she had the window seat. She gave a huff and crossed her arms like a kid. Who cared if she immature? She didn't give a flying fudge.

Leila looked back over to Colin when he asked her a question and gave that a thought. Her favorite myth? Her whole childhood consisted of Japanese and Korean myths derived from her grandfather and grandmother but her interest was more in Greek mythology. Her dad always told her that her mother was Greek and she felt like that was a way she could feel at least some piece of satisfaction in knowing of some of her mother's culture.

"I guess my favorite would be that of Eros and Psyche from The Golden Ass," She snickered at that. Like she said, she was immature. "Do you know how it goes?"

OOC: Leila's not the only immature one, I just had to include that part xD

Last edited by kayla vern on 8/4/2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/4/2014, 12:21 pm

Ooc: Can I just, like, steal Leila for the rest of eternity cause omfg I love her I swear.

Bic: Colin laughed as she leaned across him, causing many of the elders to turn around and look at him. After they realized that Leila was sitting beside him, though, they just turned around, some of them giving him a small wink before doing so.

Thank the gods she was still turned around when that happened.

After she went through her whole crossing her arms thing, he couldn't help but give another laugh. "Don't worry. She's just jealous," He whispered to her, hoping to make her feel a bit better about the whole thing.

"Well, I never saw you as a girl who would enjoy a golden ads," He said, laughing with her, "But no, I don't know how it goes."

The flight attendant came back and set their pillows and blankets down with a huff. "Anything else I could do for you?" She said, her voice on the edge of anger, but her eyes about to spill over tears.

Great. Now he had to do the polite thing, because his stupid conscience was about to kill him. She'd obviously overheard what he'd said, and now he had to fix what he'd broken.

"You know, Miss..." he took a quick look at her name badge, before continuing on, "Kristy, I would love it if you could just take a five minute break. You really do deserve one. Shame you can't text or call your husband. A pretty woman like you, he must be missing you," He finished, plastering on a convincing fake smile. The attendant looked confused, before stalking back towards the concession area, muttering something about her job being filled with beaches. Or something along those lines.

"Now tell me about this golden ass," he said, his polite mode still on. Quickly shutting it off, he stated his phrase "I mean, was it big? I'm guessing someone had to fight it, but how can you resist a golden ass?"

Ooc: I'm pretty sure the admins are going to kill us for cussing XD
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/4/2014, 3:28 pm

Leila shivered a bit and felt the hair on the back of her neck stand when Colin whispered to her. It was close to her ear and she could feel the breath on it and she was literally ticklish by anything so when that happened it sent an unsettling itch in her stomach though it felt more like butterflies.

"What would she be jealous of?" She whispered back, leaning closer to him too. Their shoulders were brushing and she wanted to lay her head on his shoulder cause dam that is one good looking comfy butt shoulder right there. It was just screaming for her head to rest on it. She was broken out of her thoughts when she heard the angry voice of the flight attendant and she jolted away from him like breaking out of a daze.

With a blush she looked up to the woman, taking the pillows and blankets as she gave her thanks. She paused when she saw that the flight attendant looked to be on the verge of tears. She was about to speak up and try to comfort the lady from whatever she was angry or sad about when she realized that she was probably the problem. That or she had heard what Colin said. So Colin spoke up instead.

She watched as he suggested that she took a break and gave a supporting nod and smile in hopes that she wouldn't yell at them. But the flight attendant looked confused at the end and she walked off muttering something that Leila heard. And it was definitely not a beach but rather a female dog. Leila gaped and scowled, shutting her mouth as she spread the blanket across their laps. The woman only gave them one blanket and two pillows and Leila handed Colin the other one, spreading the blanket to the ends of them.

"No silly the myth isn't actually about a golden ass," She giggled slightly with a nudge to his arm with her elbow. "The myth comes from a Latin book called the Golden Ass though its also known as Metamorphoses. The story of Eros and Psyche is basically a love story."

"You wanna hear it?" Leila asked.

OOC: they wont get mad if we get creative and substitute words would they? ;D and nu you cant have leila shes my baby -hisses and holds her possessively-
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/4/2014, 3:59 pm

Ooc: Well, we aren't dead yet XD OH YEAH WELL I GOT AN OVERLY POLITE BOY WITH NO TATOOS COMING AFTER HER. /me shoves Colin towards her

Wait, he does have one tattoo...xD But no motorcycle

Bic:
    "Leila, don't tell me you don't know what I mean," he said, hoping he wouldn't have to answer. "I did think you were an Aphrodite kid, remember?" He said, blushing a bit. He decided to turn his attention to something else.

Colin arranged the pillows so that they each had one, hoping to catch a glance at her laughing while he was doing so. Gods, even her laugh was beautiful.

"I'm listening," he said, hoping to get her distracted so he could study her features in a non-creeper way. It was like he was drawn to her or something. No matter how much he tried, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her since she'd met her. Damn, why did she have to be so distracting?

You know, it probably wasn't the best idea to go up to the top of a jagged cliff with her. Then again, Colin didn't really care about 'good ideas' when it came to stuff like this.

Ooc: Dang, these posts are short. So I'm thinking maybe going through some turbulence, then a time skip to them setting up camp, then time skip to the actual climb up to the cliff before a very ooh-la-la cliff diving scene in the water. Your thoughts?

Also, what does it say about your life when you're shopping for a real necklace for your fake character to give to his fake girlfriend? XD
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/4/2014, 5:36 pm

OOC: -struggles against leila as she thrashes- YOU HAVE MADE THIS HARD FOR ME ATHENA

BIC:

Leila still didn't get it. So the flight attendant lady was jealous because of something that had to do with why Colin thought she was a daughter of Aphrodite. Why would he have thought she was one of those kids anyway? Aphrodite kids were beautiful and she wasn't some exquisite specimen or anything, she wasn't even pretty. I mean, the boys and girls always picked on her and pretty people were supposed to have lots of friends! During that time she barely had two.

She shrugged, showing that she didn't know what he was talking about and fluffed her pillow, laying it beside the arm rest in between her and Colin but moving it up on her seat to where her head was. She shuffled a bit and laid her head on it, sighing in content. Her eyes flickered over to Colin to see that he was looking at her expectantly to start the story and she coughed dramatically like she was getting ready to speak on a microphone (ahem ahem).

"There was a queen and a king who had three very beautiful daughters. The youngest daughter was named Psyche and she was so beautiful that she had admirers who neglected to worship Aphrodite began to worship Psyche instead. Obviously that didn't go well with Aphrodite," She commented, breaking out of story for a bit until she continued. "So Aphrodite, being offended and insulted, sends her son Eros to take revenge but there was a twist of plans and Eros fell in love with Psyche and desired to possess her for himself."

Leila talked more and more about the tale; telling Colin about how Psyche was left at a cliff for her husband to kill/marry her and how she ended up at a palace where she became pregnant after they did the frick frack. She told him about the plan her sisters devised to make her see her husband's true identity. She told about the betrayals and consequences, the trials Psyche had to go through to ever see her husband again, trials conducted by Aphrodite. She was glad to tell the happy ending.

"I feel like it's better than any princess story," She said with a soft laugh as she tucked her hair behind her ear, combing it behind her shoulders since it somehow came undone and brushed up against Colin. She glanced back up at him to linger there and she caught her breath without knowing because she forgot how handsome he looked. With a sudden burst of bashfulness, she scooted away from him since she was practically leaning on him and resided quietly back in her own chair, peeking at him from the corner of her eyes.

"I wasn't rambling about it was I? That happens sometimes." She tried to apologize with a quirky smile.

OOC: The full story's here
    okay sounds good but what should they do about dinner? buy some like preservatives and eat it at the camp or should they cook that sounds infinitely more cuter and BONDING, WE NEED TO HAVE A SCENE WITH THE AWKWARD PATOOTIES TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP TOGETHER IN THE SAME TENT AND END UP WAKING UP WITH CUDDLING IDK I NEED SOMETHING CUTE LIKE THAT

Oh I diagnose your behavior as obsession but its okay I'm worse with the obsession: I'm thinking of their ship names lol Colia/Lelin/Lolin/Ceila IDK MAN AND collecting songs for a playmix for the dorks
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 9:43 am

OOC: "she glanced back up at him to linger there and she caught her breath without knowing because she forgot how handsome he looked. With a sudden burst of bashfulness, she scooted away from him since she was practically leaning on him and resided quietly back in her own chair, peeking at him from the corner of her eyes." KAYLA STOP DOING THIS TO ME XD

I'm pretty sure that Colin is getting her a Griffin necklace because Griffins are apparently the most romantic thing since pancakes. xD

ALSO:

Omg yes tonight after they set up camp they can cook over the fire and omg Colin can teach her how to cook correctly or whatever then they can go to sleep and wake up freezing. Omg yes.

Like, I love you.

Also, I'm thinking about maybe a lake rp where...idk Colin's all depressed about his past, can't sleep, goes to the lake or whatever and Leila somehow ends up there with him then they fall asleep there together. omg this is so adorable like ugh Leilin 4ever. But seriously, maybe it would open up a new view of him to Leila, and omg major bonding.

Also, I found a necklace, so I'm now shopping for a dress for Leila to wear to whatever the next dance is. Winter? Idk.

Finally, I'm gonna go ahead and do the time skip, cause right now I have 4 lines.

BIC: Colin listened intently, even though a few times he did zone out while staring at her features. "No! Please, if anyone rambled, it was me," He said, a bit disappointed as he noticed her scooting away. What had he done?

"Well, we've still got about five hours left of air travel, so I'm gonna try to get some sleep," He said, rearranging the pillows once more. "Sound good?"

He leaned back against his pillow, shutting his eyes, and slept.

~

He awoke to the voice of an airplane attendant. "Excuse me, but we are going to be going through some turbulence. Please, remain seated. Thank you," the voice said in a very 'I'm so done with this' tone.

Colin sat back up as the plane began to rattle and bump along.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 2:05 pm

"Alright, I'll think I'll try to get some shut eye too." Leila said with a little laugh as she rearranged her pillow to be near the wall instead of Colin. She was sure that the boy would want some breathing room no matter how much his whole presence screamed warmth and comfort to her. It didn't help that she was a cuddler so she'd have to get as much distance as possible or else she'd end up making the son of Serket her teddy bear or something. She yawned before she curled herself up against the wall in her seat, back faced to Colin.

She woke up to insistent rattling as the airplane lurched and her heart hammered in her chest as she sat back up and looked back over to Colin, "Turbulence?" She asked though she already knew.

Well crap.

Leila held on to the armrests of her seat with her nails digging into them. She tried to calm her heart and the anxiety. It wasn't that she had problems with turbulence, it was just that she had a fear of crashing to certain death. She could handle jumping off from a cliff and into water and going sky diving since she had a parachute but airplanes? Whole different story. She'd seen Lost. She just had the anxiety of having to crash and the turbulence didn't help. At all.

OOC: GRIFFINS ARE FREAKIN ROMANTIC HUSH (they were also my old school's mascot lol)
    And puh lease, Leila knows how to cook but she only knows how to cook like traditional Japanese/Korean food since her gramama taught her.

AND YES THAT LAKE RP YES JUST YES LEILIN 5EVER
    WE ALSO NEED AN AU RP ONE DAY MAYBE LIKE SOULMATES AU OR LIKE TOKYO GHOUL AU (one of them could be a ghoul and the other a human and then ugh angst) OR SOMETHING DUDE AN AU I HAVE SOO MANY IDEAS, WINGS AU OR SHIFTERS AU OR LIKE ANGEL OR DEMON AU IDK IDK IDK
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 2:51 pm

Colin took a quick glance over at Leila, and saw her in the middle of a bit of a panic attack, gripping the handles of the seat like she would die if she let go.

"Leila? You okay?" He said, even though she obviously wasn't. Hoping to calm her down, he reached for her hand, squeezing it encouragingly.

"Talk to me, okay? Its just some rough winds," He said, making sure to not take his eyes away from her. Gods, he hated seeing her so nervous. "We're gonna be fine. It's just some rough winds."

He put his hand on the other side of her face while saying this, making sure she was paying attention to him. "We're fine."

Now, inside, Colin's heart was in the lowest pit of his stomach. To be honest, turbulence bothered him. Like, a lot. But what bothered him more was seeing other people in pain, and Leila needed him right now, so-

Wait. She didn't need him. Leila was a perfectly independent individual. Since when did he feel so protective of her?

OOC: Omg we need to do a 1870's rp like ugh yes xD
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 3:25 pm

She wanted to say she was okay but she the words wouldn't come out and all she could manage was a weak smile towards him. Her heart was still racing and it skipped a beat but for a whole different reason other than the turbulence. When he put his hand on her face to make her look at him, she calmed down a bit.

Right. Colin was there. Colin was right next to her. He was okay. She could be okay.

Leila thought it was absurdly odd how she could just calm down by looking at him and she sighed in relief when her panic went away and unconsciously leaned into his touch.

"Thanks," She muttered as she closed her eyes. The turbulence had died a bit and she hadn't even noticed it reached its peak earlier because this guy had distracted her so easily. "That helped."

She knew this was probably embarrassing for the both of them but she just wanted a piece of comfort right now after being a nervous wreck. And like she said earlier, Colin screamed comfort. After a minute she pulled back from his hand and gave him a bright smile as she settled back into her seat.

"Thanks and sorry about that thing earlier ha ha." She apologized with a nervous laugh as she scratched her head.

OOC: It's finally done haha :D click me!
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 7:08 pm

Colin gave her a weak smile, leaning back against the chair again and dropping his hand. "No problem," He said, kind of happy that the whole thing was over, but disappointed at the loss for the excuse to touch her face. Okay, that sounded wrong, but you get what I mean.

"Honestly, I don't see what you're apologizing for. I'm pretty sure we're even, now, right? You know, with my whole panic attack at the lake?" He said, returning the nervous laugh.

After a few minutes, an announcement stated that they would be landing shortly. Colin heard the wheels drop below them, and they hit the ground with a bone-shattering jerk, before rolling into the Los Angeles air port.

Personally, Colin hated being near L.A., Probably because the McDaniels Mansion was no more than five miles outside of the city. To be this close to his father brought up things like regret and disgust-plus, there's the fact that someone could recognize him.

Obviously, when it was realized that the McDaniel's son had gone missing, his picture had been plastered everywhere on TV. Everytime he came here, he took a huge risk with being recognized. Then again, Tar Creek Falls was an amazing place for cliff diving, so whatever.

"Welcome home, Col," He muttered, taking some sunglasses out of his carry-on and standing up to take their bags.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 7:54 pm

"Right." Leila replied with a quick smile. Well that wasn't what she meant but if he thought of it like that, saves her the embarrassment right? She actually meant the leaning into his hand like a dog rubbing against their owner's leg or something.

As their plane landed she ran a hand through her hair as she sighed. They were finally here. She stood up and let Colin take their bags out, waiting for them to be handed to her, holding onto hers when he did. She sat back in her seat and hurriedly removed her parka and stuffed it in her backpack. Los Angeles was probably mildly warm by now. She let out another yawn, peeking out the window to see what time of day it was. Only the afternoon? Wow, she though to herself as she followed Colin off the plane.

~le time skip to setting up le camp~

Leila huffed as she set he bags, including one more for the stuff for food they had just picked up, on the ground. She sat on the ground, not even caring if her butt got dirty. She had to catch her breath for a bit. They had just carried all the stuff from the car to their camping area. She was determined not to take two trips and it was a long walk. She stood back up, stumbling over to Colin with the tent bag in hand.

"Wanna set it up now or later?" She asked as she lifted it up.

OOC: Is this a campsite or like in the woods and camping?
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 8:36 pm

OOC: Its on the edge of a campsite, but pretty much in the woods. #research

BIC: Colin laughed warmly at her worn-out self. Gods, even that was cute. "Let's take a break and go ahead and eat," He suggested, surveying the area around them.

Colin, himself, had no more than a bit of sweat covering his forehead and a bit more coloring than usual on his cheeks. To be honest, he'd walked that trail so many times, he was pretty sure he could do it blindfolded.

He went ahead and pulled out the battery powered mping stove from his bag, along with a can of soup.He went ahead and set it up, before standing back up.

"I'mma go look for some sticks for a fire. Wanna help?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 8:48 pm

"Sure," She piped up with a shrug as she set down her things. She rolled up the sleeves of her grey sweater and skipped past Colin and into the woods. She hummed quietly under her breath as she changed her pace to walking, looking back to make sure she wasn't alone and that Colin followed her.

"So you come here often?" Leila asked with an amused smirk. Wow that was like one of the worst pick up lines in history but honestly she just meant it as a curious question.

Seeing some fallen branches, she perked and walked over to them with her sword dangling at her side. They were thick though not too thick and perfect for some firelogs. There were also some twigs and sticks lying next to them too. It looked like a tree had fallen or something. She unsheathed her sword and took a few steps back before swinging the blade to separate the branch from the others. The metal sliced through halfway and she took another swing at it before it seemed good enough.

"Got one." She said, turning her head to look at Colin with a perky smile.

OOC: Research indeed xD
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 10:15 pm

Colin followed directly behind her, once again surprised by the fact that she had gone first. Point two thousand Leila, Point 0 Colin.

He'd had the good sense to keep his swiss army knife in his pocket, and pulled it out before hacking off some of the branches off of the dead tree Leila had found. "You've had to have to gone camping before," He said in amazement as she showed him the branch. She just waltzed right into the forest, used a sword and started hacking branches away. And she still had that smile. That bright, cheesy, smile decorated by soft lips-

Ahem. Moving on.

Colin snapped the branches off, one by one, earning many cuts on his hands while doing so. Good thing he'd brought that first aid kit--Leila might need some nectar, or at least some disinfectant, after this. Once he had enough, he began to pick up smaller twigs for kindling. A few times, he accidentally picked up a snake or two, but they just slithered off in a kind of apologetic way. Psh. Demigod-ness rocks.

"You ready?" He asked, after making a pile about halfway-back to the camp site.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 10:36 pm

"Well you're right about that. They don't teach everything in Girl Scouts ya know," Leila laughed with a wink. She put her sword away after she hacked off a few branches, tucking them beneath her armpits when she was done. She was ready to go.

"Yep." She replied, popping the p, as she picked up some more of the sticks and whatnot that Colin had gathered into a pile to help ease the load from him. She waited for Colin and walked by his side as they headed back to camp.

Leila realized that when they got back she'd have to bandage her hands since they were scratched up and beginning to bleed but she didn't pay it any mind. It was just a scratch after all.

OOC: I was gonna have Leila check Colin out from behind and like nod approvingly cause
    Spoiler:

OKAY HAHA MY HUMOR IS BAD MOVING ON
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 11:00 pm

OOC: xD Omg you don't understand the urge to just like turn this into a nooby one-line and have them make out in the very next post. "Your so pretty. I love you" "Mee too, wanna make out" "Hella no, you gotta r-e-s-p-e-c-t, cray. What are you, a sexist pig who dosnt believe in a girls rights? psh, out" hair flip and steal the whatever vehicle they used to get here, leavin colin forever abandoned in the woods.

BIC: Colin returned the wink with a smirk, before leading the way back to the campsite. "We should have enough to last us two nights," He said, using a complicated maneuver to carry all the wood that ended with him hopping all the way to the site on one leg. He dropped the wood by a place that looked nice for a fire, before heading over to the camping stove and removing the can, which was now steaming hot. He hissed through his teeth as he set it on the ground, shaking his hand out.

He went over to his bag and pulled out the first-aid kit, making a face at the ambrosia and nectar and pushing it to the side, taking out the disinfectant wipes and bandages. "Come 'ere," he said. Considering how hard it was to bandage up one's own hand, they'd have to do each other's. Nothing that awkward, he'd done it with his friends all the time. In a way, he was kind of the medic of the group. even though he was extremely inexperienced in the medical stuff.

He offered Leila the ambrosia and nectar, wile going ahead and opened the wipes for disinfecting, making a motion for her to give him her hands.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/5/2014, 11:19 pm

OOC: jfc athena its like you read my mind or something xD -whispers- we can save the make out for later at a more appropriate time . . .

BIC:

Leila dropped all the wooden things where Colin had standing back up and raised an eyebrow when she saw the boy shake his hands. She knew that he picked up the steaming hot soup but she couldn't help but guess whether or not he was trying to come up with a new version for jazz hands. She walked over to him when he told her to and took the nectar, taking a small sip since the injuries weren't too major. She gave it back to him and held out her hands with a guess that he was going to patch them up.

The ends of her lip twitched upwards when she saw that she was right. She was glad that he was going to help her with that since wrapping your own hands was hard as heck and when she did it her hands ended up looking mummified.

When he took her hands in his she bit her bottom lip. Wow his hands were warm and Leila felt like electricty was being passed on to her. Was there like some sort of other power she didn't know about? Like making another person feel like there were butterflies in their stomach and they felt a shock of tingles whenever he touched them? Cause she felt like that right now.

Gods, it was incredibly weird how much he effected her. In a giddy school girl crushing way. Wait did she just say she had a crush on Colin? Pfft Leila, what are you thinking? That couldn't be true. Could it?

OOC: this song plays in the background music of leila's mind
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 11:45 pm

OOC: YES THIS THEIR THEME SONG ATM LIKE YES OMG UGH YES

/dances with hip twitches

Been there, done that

No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no!

BIC: Colin winced in empathy as he wiped her cuts down and began to bandage them. Halfway through the first hand, he managed a quick glance up at her through his eyelashes, and found it almost impossible to take them away.

Oh, Colin, what have you gotten yourself into? Quit living in fantasies, you don't love her. You can't. You can't, won't, and never will again. Love leads to pain, pain leads to dependence, and dependence leads to fake love, which just leads to even more pain.. You just got out of the cycle, man. Snap out of it.

Suddenly, he realized that he'd been wrapping the bandage a bit too tightly, and undid the past few layers, redoing them a bit more loosely before moving onto the next hand.

"Finished," he said, before placing the first aid kit beside her and holding out his hands.

Last edited by The Landlord's Daughter on 8/6/2014, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/6/2014, 12:03 am

OOC: MHM CAUSE WHAT HAPPENED WITH ARISTA OH COLIN THE POOR BB
    *adds song to the playlist*

BIC:

Leila caught Colin's gaze when he glanced up at her and she swore that in that moment: time stopped. His eyes, holy crap, his eyes. She knew they were enchanting before but now that she was up close she could go on and on and describe them. His eyes made her want to become a writer and write of this perfect boy and fill him up with imagery and depth and wrap him in similes and metaphors. And that was just his eyes- don't get her started on his voice or the way he laughed or maybe, just maybe, the way he looked at her. She scowled inwardly. Quit daydreaming.

She snapped out of it and apparently so did Colin and it was only then that they both realized that he had wrapped the bandage way too tight and her hand was practically dead. But he fixed it and went on to the next hand. Okay so they were going to pretend it didn't happen she guessed. Well it was somewhat embarrassing. Just thinking back to it made her wanna blush. After he finished bandaging her hands, she took the bandages from him to do his.

"Thanks," Leila said softly as she put her focus into helping him. She took one of his hands in hers and began to gently wipe the wounds with the disinfectant wipes, using her power a bit when it looked like he was about to wince so she could steal the pain away from him. After she bandaged the first she moved on to the second.

"Maybe next time we should wear gloves or something." She suggested with a small laugh as she finished his other hand.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/6/2014, 12:24 am

Colin thanked her and stood up, offering her a hand. "We should probably go ahead and start on the tent," He said, eager for something to do, and something to distract him. Every minute he spent thinking about her, it made it harder for him to not.

There's nothing, okay? Absolutely nothing. But there was something. He knew it was true, because he'd felt this before.

A week after he'd ran away, it'd been so cold. He'd had his warm coat, and she'd had only a tee...

No remembering. He thought, wincing a bit at the memory. He pulled the poles and fabric out of the box and began assembling the tent.

~Time skip because I forgot the tent-assembly process xD~

The sun was beginning to go down, and Colin was still feeding the fire. The tent cast a large shadow over the area, and all of their stuff had already been moved in. They'd already had some of the soup, and now they were planning on hotdogs.

The fire finally blazed up into a good height for the fire, and Colin sat down on the blanket in front of the heat source, rubbing his hands together to warm them.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/6/2014, 12:35 am

Leila came out of the tent dressed in something more comfortable. It was getting colder so she kept on her grey sweater and put her black parka back on but swapped the skin tight leggings for some sweatpants. They were nice and fluffy too.

She yawned as she sashayed over to the fire where Colin was and sat next to him, keeping a little distance between them. He seemed a little on the edge or thinking about something.

She crossed her arms and laid them on her knees, resting her chin on top of them. Her eyes fluttered as the fire blazed in front of them and shared its warmth. The soup from earlier filled her up halfway and now she could hear the sizzling of the hot dogs they were preparing. She glanced back over to Colin who was rubbing his hands together in front of the fire.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She asked, turning her head to face him with an amused smile.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/6/2014, 12:45 pm

Colin jumped at the sound of Leila's voice, before calming down after realizing it was her. "Just...Trying to let go of things." He said, staring into the fire. He'd traded those terrible contacts for his usual glasses after, and the flames flickered in their lenses.

"Its nothing, really," He said, giving her a smile and deciding to move on from all the gloomy stuff. "I'll take that penny now, by the way," he joked, reaching out and taking the hotdogs off of the fire.. He went ahead and placed a bun and a hotdog on each plate and handed a plate to Leila.

" You know, we have a bit of a a hike tomorrow. About two and a half miles," He said, trying to strike up some conversation.

OOC: Ugh sorry about the length of this xD
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/6/2014, 2:02 pm

She laughed a bit when he said he wanted that penny and she gave him a shrug and emptied her nonexistent pockets to show him she had nothing. She took the plate from him and crossed her legs (crisscross apple sauce style of course) so she could put her plate on her lap while she ate. She took a bite from her hotdog and nearly finished half of it in a couple bites.

"That's fine with me," Leila started as she cleared her mouth of food. She might be a slob at times but she had the rule of not eating with her mouth full ingrained into her mind by her grandmother. It was "unsanitary" the older woman would say. Oh how Leila missed her. "A little hike should help get some good exercise."

Now that she had thought about her grandmother she couldn't help but think about all of her family. Her grandfather passed away, one of the reasons they moved to New York, and her her grandmother didn't remember her anymore, yet again another reason they moved. She let out a soft sigh and continued to eat the rest of her hotdog. Yes Leila, eat your sadness away, she thought to herself somewhat bemusedly.

After she ate she crumbled up her paper plate until it was a ball and she threw it in their makeshift trashcan that consisted of a brown paper bag. She sat back down and resumed her position with her knees tucked below her chin, yawning once more. Man was she tired. Maybe the jet-lag was finally getting to her.

"I think I'm going to get some sleep, how bout you?" Leila asked as she stood back up, rubbing her eyes like a child.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 5:21 pm