A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Big Daddy Now Complete

High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male
    Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2012-12-06

Big Daddy Now Complete Empty Big Daddy Now Complete

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/27/2014, 9:22 pm

Name: Gabe Lafitte but goes by Big Daddy
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Black
    Height: 6’3”
    Body Type: Muscular
    Skin Color: White
    God Parent: Briareus
    Mortal Parent: Sarah Lafiite
    Country of Origin: America
    Pets: None
    Talents: He is good at football (middle linebacker to be exact), good at basketball, and good at baseball
    Weapon**: He uses a celestial bronze drill that is like the one the actual Big Daddy uses in Bioshock (the Bouncer version of Big Daddy, not Rosie or the others). It is 1 foot in length and 6 inches in width at the base. It runs on gasoline that he gets from some people at the Hephaestus cabin.It is hard for him to control, because he is still learning, so he currently unable to make the drill hit where he wants. So if he were to aim for the arm, it will probably miss, even if the person he was trying to hit didn’t move. And if he were to aim for the chest, it most likely would hit an arm instead, or not hit at all. And after he does try to hit someone, if he misses, it gets stuck in the ground, a tree, or some other solid surface and takes about 30 seconds to get out. He also has a shield on his back to protect him when he tries to pull his drill out, but it only protects his back.
    Personality: Gabe tends to be a quiet person, usually only talking to his little sister and anyone who talks to him. He tends to get angry if anyone says anything bad about him. He also gets extremely angry whenever someone tries to touch his sister. He doesn't have many friends, because he usually gets angry for no reason. He loves his sister, and will protect the people she says to. He might not trust the person, but if his sister says to protect a person, he listens.
    Flaws: He has anger problems, clumsy (that makes using his drill even harder to use), antisocial, overprotective of his sister, and he is impatient
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): He can cause a shock when he touches a person that is 0.05 amps and 1000 volts. (I say this is related to his parent because sea storms have lightning and lightning is electricity, there is my logic). This power can be once every 12 hours
    Life Before Camp*: Gabe was born in New York City where he lived until he was brought to camp. Gabe lived in an apartment with his mother and eventually his sister. His younger childhood was filled of him getting picked on and teased in school because he was weird. This led to him getting angry whenever someone teased him. When he was in 4th grade, he began to work out and eat healthy so he could beat up anyone who teased him. His sister was born when he was 12. He immediately wanted to protect her from everyone. This was about the time he started football. His size had the coaches make him try out for middle linebacker, and he got in. After one of his games when he was 16, a kid began to pick on his sister. Gabe immediately tackled the kid and began punching him. Except, the kid wasn't a kid at all, it was a cyclops. The cyclops called for his friends to come over. A satyr who was at the game saw this and came to help Gabe. So Gabe and his sister were taken to camp where he had some children of Athena and Hephaestus make him his drill, and he got them to do it by beating them up. He also got them to make his sister a small knife, that Gabe held onto until he taught her how to use it safely.
    RP Example*: I walked along the beach with my sister (haven't thought of a name yet, I will get to the name when I actually make the character). I had my shield on my back and my drill on my right hand. {Insert sister's name here} wanted to play at the beach, so I followed her to make sure she didnt get hurt. I wouldn't let her go anywhere without me. I would not let her get hurt. And anyone who does touch her will feel this drill go through their body. I might not kill, but I will make them feel pain for touching her.
    Any notes about your characters: He is a descendant of Jean Lafitte

Last edited by High King Fridgeir on 10/30/2014, 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Big Daddy Now Complete Empty Re: Big Daddy Now Complete

Post by Kendall 10/27/2014, 10:03 pm

How large is the drill, exactly?

For his power, how long does the shock last? How far can it go?

Is his sister also a child of Briareus? Also, how did the kids and the satyr get away from the Cyclops? (Were the cyclops' friends also Cyclopes or just regular mortals?)
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/27/2014, 11:02 pm

The drill is 1 foot in length and 6 inches in width at the base
    This power is touch based, so he must touch the person for it to take effect. And the shock lasts 10 seconds, plus the effects you would normally get from it.
    And yes, his sister is also a daughter of Briareus. And yes, the friends were also cyclopes. And they got away with the satyr's thinking and Gabe's distractions of trying to knock them unconscious, which didnt work, but he still tried.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/28/2014, 3:16 pm

How heavy is the drill? How is it powered?

How many Cyclopes were there?
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/28/2014, 4:04 pm

It weighs 40 lbs, and is powered by fuel that he gets from the Hephaestus cabin, usually by force.
    There were 3
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/29/2014, 4:09 pm

How high is his power's voltage?

Fuel -- as in gasoline? (Pretty sure the Hephaestus kids would easily have found a way to fight back.) 40 lbs seems a bit impractical for use.

Were the kids hurt trying to get away? I'm sure 3 Cyclopes would have done a lot of damage both to their surroundings and themselves.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/29/2014, 5:27 pm

0.1 amps. A taser is between 0.1 and 0.2 for reference
    Yeah, it runs on a motor, that is how the drill works (If that isn't fine, it can run on battery power). Is 20 lbs ok?
    And yes, there was a small group of people around them, who ran away after Gabe tackled the first cyclops
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/29/2014, 5:34 pm

Gasoline is fine, and so is 20 lbs.

Lower the amps; stuff between .1 mA and above are generally pretty dangerous stuff based on stuff I'm reading about that, and a bit more powerful than we allow.

I was asking if Gabe, his sister, and the satyr got hurt by the Cyclopes, not about other people around them?
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/29/2014, 7:55 pm

Ok, is 0.05 ok?
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood it. His sister was fine, Gabe had bruises and a broken arm, and the satyr had bruises.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/30/2014, 3:41 pm

Add a bit more to his personality that doesn't have to do with his anger.

.05 mA sounds fine -- please edit that in, along with how long the power lasts and the fact that it's touch-based. (I think you'll need voltage too, because that also plays a bit of a factor in the strength of the electricity.)

Edit in the drill size and its weight.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/30/2014, 7:14 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/30/2014, 7:35 pm

Our maximum voltage is 1000, so please reduce that. Otherwise your form will be approvable.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 10/30/2014, 9:15 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen